Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/30/11 to 11/5/11) Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

#901 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

Uncharted 3 and Batman were the only two games I wanted so I picked up Gears 3 as filler which I'll return tomorrow for $40 back. $40 ea for Batman and Uncharted 3 is awesome!

#902 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Yean, who cares about violating consumer laws.:roll:

Violating consumer laws?:lol::roll: Go shop elsewhere. Last I checked, any retailer can refuse any of your business for whichever reason they choose. You want to drive them into the ground for a stupid mistake.
Congrats to the ones who got in on the glitch. The rest of you who are complaining, need to drink a soothing cup of tea, or whatever else relaxes you.

#903 EducAsian

EducAsian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

i called my best buy and asked and they told me they don't match deals, only prices. and in their policy it says the it excludes bundling items and free items (aka b2g1 free)...i wish though

My Best Buy price matched this B2G1 from Target just fine. However, you do need to bring in a physical ad and they will only price match the games that Target has in stock...so since Target doesn't have Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition, Catherine, etc, those can't be priced matched. They will also call up Target to confirm the titles that they have in stock, so it might be YMMV. Also, if you really want the deal, make sure to be persistent. I initially was told by one CSR to go to the gaming department to ask if they would be able to price match. The rep from the gaming department said no. I then spoke with another CSR and she said that they would be able to price match if I can bring in a physical ad. So....don't be afraid and take no for an answer. Best Buy's price match policy is pretty strong and they SHOULD be price matching most deals from local competition.

I managed to pick up Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, and Dead Island...but the unique thing is that on my receipt, Dead Island rang up as $59.99 and the other two games rang up as $29.99...I'm wondering if I can exchange my Dead Island for a AAA game in these next two weeks. Since the exchange value for Dead Island, according to my receipt, is $59.99, I am assuming there should be no problems with doing that. :D

#904 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

Violating consumer laws?:lol::roll: Go shop elsewhere. Last I checked, any retailer can refuse any of your business for whichever reason they choose. You want to drive them into the ground for a stupid mistake.
Congrats to the ones who got in on the glitch. The rest of you who are complaining, need to drink a soothing cup of tea, or whatever else relaxes you.

If you want to remain ignorant of your rights as a consumer, go ahead.

For the rest, yes in some states there are consumer laws protecting you from bait-and-switch and other retailer issues.

Ohio for example:
http://www.ohiobar.o...aspx?itemID=288

In these states, stores must honor advertised prices, including signage. This is why stores would honor a pricing mistake then immediately take the signs down. If they refuse, you can threaten to contact your state's Weights & Measures department and they will have to either fold and give you the deal or face heavy fines.

#905 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

My receipt from this morning shows one game at full retail then has a line and something about discount then the other two games and state return values as $30 and $29.99. Does that mean the glitch is still in effect at my store? They don't have power and are operating off a generator which could be why. Do other people's stores list $40 each as return value? May have to try more games if it's still working as B1G1.

#906 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

My receipt from this morning shows one game at full retail then has a line and something about discount then the other two games and state return values as $30 and $29.99. Does that mean the glitch is still in effect at my store? They don't have power and are operating off a generator which could be why. Do other people's stores list $40 each as return value? May have to try more games if it's still working as B1G1.

I picked up my 3 games just about 3 hours ago and they're $40 each on the receipt.

#907 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

Store I went to has no battlefield 3, dark souls, or arkham city, so nothing I want with the uncharted 3. Didn't want to be an asshole and take 3 copies of uncharted 3.

#908 elcheapo2

elcheapo2

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Store I went to has no battlefield 3, dark souls, or arkham city, so nothing I want with the uncharted 3. Didn't want to be an asshole and take 3 copies of uncharted 3.

You sir, have my respect. It would have been easy to don the mask of El Hoardo and screw other people for your own gain, but you chose to take the high road.

#909 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:30 AM

you want "consumer law" to protect you from something you clearly knew was a mistake?

For the rest, yes in some states there are consumer laws protecting you from bait-and-switch and other retailer issues.

Ohio for example:

In these states, stores must honor advertised prices, including signage. This is why stores would honor a pricing mistake then immediately take the signs down. If they refuse, you can threaten to contact your state's Weights & Measures department and they will have to either fold and give you the deal or face heavy fines.

#910 ViPeR

ViPeR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:34 AM

General question - was anybody's Batman Arkham City (xbox360) copy in shrinkwrap or regular factory sealed? Got mine from target and it was shrinkwrapped. Didn;t open it yet because I feel a little suspicious...

#911 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:46 AM

You know, if you really didn't know it was B2G1 and was put out by the B1G1 signage not working, then you might have a point about complaining.

But if you knew it was B2G1 and still insisted on the B1G1 because of the signage and made a big stink, well then you're the asshole in the store, not the workers.

This isn't about the letter of the law or what the state laws are or that they can't prove you already knew it was B2G1. This is about not being a douchebag.

#912 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:46 AM

you want "consumer law" to protect you from something you clearly knew was a mistake?

The case in question is about a target that had signage up stating the deal was B1G1. The onus shouldn't be on the consumer to know that they really are running a B2G1 sale.

#913 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

Anyone know what the free shipping for target.com is? I can't find it since the merger.
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#914 EducAsian

EducAsian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

General question - was anybody's Batman Arkham City (xbox360) copy in shrinkwrap or regular factory sealed? Got mine from target and it was shrinkwrapped. Didn;t open it yet because I feel a little suspicious...

Mine was in a shrink wrap....you might have gotten a second hand copy, lol.

#915 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

Mine was in a shrink wrap....you might have gotten a second hand copy, lol.

it's not 2ndhand. Target opens the top part of games when you do a return. I went to return 2 games early today for a full refund and they scissored the top part and checked the game was there. Guess they gotten screwed with empty returns. It probably still is new.
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#916 SynysterKobra

SynysterKobra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

was able to pick up NFS Hot Pursuit, Dragon Quest 6, and Fallout New Vegas. my Target needs to step up their selection of games.

#917 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

Ugh, I am torn between the 300 Holiday bundle and 400 dollar Gears xbox consoles.

I'd rather have Halo and Fable 3 over the extra controller, but I am going to buy Gears 3 if I get the holiday bundle. Also want to grab Forza 4.

420 Holiday with the four games one controller

460 Gears with the 2 games and extra controller and paint job

hmmm...
Check out au7oma7ic 2.0 tradelist

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=300793

#918 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

Forgive my ignorance but I'm not sifting through over 40 pages on this thread to find an answer. Has anyone had any luck with pricematching the Target B2G1 deal at Best Buy?

I just did this PM today with Gears of War 3, Arkham City (both of which I had already bought but were still in the return period), and Uncharted 3. It pretty much I meant that I got Uncharted 3 for free today since the other two games were previously bought.

Rep warned me that the 5/$100 deal no longer applied for the games I bought, but I didn't care. This was better.

#919 EducAsian

EducAsian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

I just did this PM today with Gears of War 3, Arkham City (both of which I had already bought but were still in the return period), and Uncharted 3. It pretty much I meant that I got Uncharted 3 for free today since the other two games were previously bought.

Rep warned me that the 5/$100 deal no longer applied for the games I bought, but I didn't care. This was better.

It's not really better...it's basically the same thing. 5 games for a $100 gift card pretty much means $20 off each title....B2G1 free basically means $20 off each title....same thing.

#920 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

My Best Buy price matched this B2G1 from Target just fine. However, you do need to bring in a physical ad and they will only price match the games that Target has in stock...so since Target doesn't have Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition, Catherine, etc, those can't be priced matched. They will also call up Target to confirm the titles that they have in stock, so it might be YMMV. Also, if you really want the deal, make sure to be persistent. I initially was told by one CSR to go to the gaming department to ask if they would be able to price match. The rep from the gaming department said no. I then spoke with another CSR and she said that they would be able to price match if I can bring in a physical ad. So....don't be afraid and take no for an answer. Best Buy's price match policy is pretty strong and they SHOULD be price matching most deals from local competition.

Consider yourself lucky to have a good staff. This was completely YMMV. Price Match policy directly states to not match bundling deals, which is exactly what B2G1 is.

Ohio for example:
http://www.ohiobar.o....spx?itemID=288

So they baited you how... the advertisement stating clearly a Buy 2 Get 1 free promotion on games in big bold font on the front page, which is also posted at the front door of every store and included on the price tags across the gaming section :roll:

#921 steveovig

steveovig

WadeBoggsCarpet Warehouse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

My Best Buy PMed the deal last night too with no problems or calling Target at all. Give it a try, you got nothing to lose and maybe you'll get lucky. I picked up Goldeneye, Sonic, and UC3.
Posted Image

#922 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Ohio for example:

Look closely when you enter your local Target. You will most likely find a waiver from item pricing that nullifies everything you just said.

#923 B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Look closely when you enter your local Target. You will most likely find a waiver from item pricing that nullifies everything you just said.

You think a tiny store waiver can override state laws and regulations?

#924 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Has anyone tried to PM dark souls @ best buy from Kmart. I tried, but they told me they couldn't because of the gift card bonus for messing up the Collector's edition. I was under the impression the gift card was for the mess up . If that was the case i would have preferred to get the collectors edition and just get $20 PM.

#925 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

You think a tiny store waiver can override state laws and regulations?

Considering the waiver is from the state...yes, yes I do. Seriously look it up. That's exactly how it works in New York.

Mainly because for every one person who has a legit pricing issue there are 20 who peel the clearance stickers off of things and put them on other products.

#926 B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Considering the waiver is from the state...yes, yes I do. Seriously look it up. That's exactly how it works in New York.

Mainly because for every one person who has a legit pricing issue there are 20 who peel the clearance stickers off of things and put them on other products.

If you could provide a link, that would be helpful.

As I already mentioned, it varies on a state by state basis. The price switching crime you mentioned is another matter entirely. The important thing is that consumers should be aware of what rights they have in their state.

Also I was able to successfully swap out Dark Souls 360 for Dark Souls PS3, albeit with some fandangling from the CS to get it to work. Target is awesome. 8-)

#927 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Anyone have a problem getting Walmart to match the b2g1?

#928 Davideo

Davideo

CAG Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Well, I can't believe I started such a crazy debate. I don't even know what the laws are hear in MIchigan anymore because Gov. Snyder just repealed the sticker pricing law. Anyways, I've never had an experience like this in a store before and I just didn't know how to respond to the situation. I was annoyed that the pricing mistake was SUCH a major deal and yet this Target didn't bother to remove the incorrect stickers for it. Yet when I pointed it out, she acted like she didn't care and couldn't be bothered to accept responsibilty. That's why I called corporate - it's a training lesson for that store. I worked retail for years and years, and if it was my fault for leaving a well known misprint out on the shelf (especially one that I guarantee corporate made a big deal of, based on all the CAGs that were able to get in on this deal), then I would def. give the customer the deal.

Anyways, the very first Best Buy I went into honored the B2G1 deal yesterday, so I was also able to get Uncharted 3, along with GoW3 and Batman: AC. I'm perfectly happy with that!

#929 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

Just got mag- tough to say no fo the first good sonic game in, pardon the pun, generations

#930 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

Anyone have a problem getting Walmart to match the b2g1?

Short Answer: I had a slight problem, but got wal mart to match it eventually.

more detailed answer: Went in Sunday with the Target ad, and asked the gentleman in electronics if Wal Mart matches b2g1 type sales, I had printed out the policy from the web site, which only referred to B1G1 sales, and that needed to have the prices displayed in the ad for them to match such a sale. I pointed out that the Target ad listed the prices of games, etc. He was very helpful and seemed knowledgable about the process, and even went so far as to write directly on the Target ad how the process should work. He wrote: charge full price for game 1, charge full price -.01 for game 2, charge .01 for game 3. I thanked him and explained I wanted to come back tuesday to get the new release of Uncharted 3, as well as a couple other games. Fast forward to tuesday afternoon. back to wal mart, and the guy I talked to sunday is of course, not there. I ask the lady now in electronics for the games I want: UC3, batman arkham city bundle, and battlefield 3. We go back to the counter and I show her the Target ad with the writing on it, she immediately says wal mart doesn't match those kind of sales. I politely explain that Clark (the guy from Sunday, who even signed his name to his explanation) told me that they do, and here's how it is supposed to work. She asked 2 other people and they were both clueless. She calls a manager. Between her disagreeing with me, and the time it took for the manager to finish what she was doing and get there, it was over 20 mins of waiting at the register. When the manager finally got there, she looks at the ad with Clark's writing, looks at the games, asks the employee what the prices are (all 59.96) so she the manager tells her to over ride the price of the first to 59.94, then mark the other two at .01) and walks off. I'm realizing that the manager just told her to sell me the games as b1g2 free....and not saying a word. the employee starts ringing it up, with another cashier right there watching saying he wanted to see how it work so he'd learn and be able to do this. The lady ringing me up even says 'isn't it supposed to be buy *2* get one free?' but the other guy says 'she said ring this one up at 2 cents less and these 2 for a penny each, so do it as she said' so they start doing it, and the register beeps and needs a manager. the manager had walked away, so they call her again. more time waiting. I'm thinking 'I'm sure when she comes back, she'll realize her mistake.' She gets back to the register, looks pissed that the employee is not getting this to go through, brushes her out of the way, and says 'here, I'll show you.' and proceeds to ring them up as B1G2. She asks me for the money, I swipe my debit card, got the receipt and hauled ass outta there with my 3 games for $64.15 after tax.
Sure wasn't like the commercials with everyone telling her 'match it!'