Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/30/11 to 11/5/11) Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

#151 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

The best option (as mentioned several times) is to buy sets of 3 of same priced games.

and if you feel like using the system then buy 3 $60 games, return 2 and you're left with 1 $60 for $40. Do the same for the other price tiers, rinse and repeat. This way you are guarunteed the max 33% off for each title.

#152 Bulrog

Bulrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

um....What if ..

1) bought BF3 ,uncharted3,GOW3
2) exchange GOW3 to MW3

If you wanted to get it done for MW3 you would have to make a claim for an even exchange. It could go through, but it depends who you are dealing with at the customer service desk and how persistent you are to get the deal.

#153 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

That's ripping off Target not using the system. You can't even do that anyways, you either return them all for refund or none at all. They won't let you do the deal and then return 2 and keep 1. No store ever allows that.

#154 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:17 PM

so can I really buy 3 games, return 2 the next day for $40 each and get the only game I really want for $40? might have to jump on this if thats the case. does anyone know if they give refunds easily? unopened of course

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#155 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

That's ripping off Target not using the system. You can't even do that anyways, you either return them all for refund or none at all. They won't let you do the deal and then return 2 and keep 1. No store ever allows that.

Didn't an above employee state that the return value of each game was $40?

And it is ripping target off. And it is using the system. Hence why I said if you want to use the system...

Target has to know about doing this since they haven't bundled the whole items as 1 "set" and it shows "return value $40" on receipt. While I understand where you are coming from and agree with you that it shouldn't be this way. But I do see it is a gray area as it is set up to be able to return them without circumventing anything.

I personally will be doing a b2g1, then trading in 2 to BBY and just keeping a free game.

#156 jdeec

jdeec

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

I haven't dealt with Target too much, as far as return/rebuy, but can I just buy now(hoping they still have BF3 Limited Edition) and go back next week to do a return/rebuy?

How about if I just bought one game now, and went back next week and did a return and picked up two more games?

#157 munkishine

munkishine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

To answer your question directly... You would owe $20 to buy MW3.

So your total for the deal would be BF3 $40, Uncharted $40, and MW3 $60 = $140

That's not how these deals work. The way it works is all dependent on how the cashier rings up the purchase. Let's say we go with onyzakua's original sequence:

1. BF3 ($60)
2. Uncharted3 ($60)
3. GOW3 (Free)

I can't remember why I always do this, but I think some stores may have a restriction where you can't return the free game on a deal and still get the game for free after the deal is expired. Rather than risk the store not accepting your exchange request (MW3 for GOW3), I would recommend that you make sure the cashier rings up GOW3 first so that it is one of the games that you paid for. As long as you do this you should have no issue w/ the MW3 trade within the first 30 days (or i think it may be 45 with Target).

#158 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

just bought Batman AC and Battlefield 3 Limited Edition. guy working there told me to come back next week and bring the receipt and I will get the 3rd game for free. Going back on Tuesday to get UNcharted 3. So, I suggest going to buy your games now to make sure you get them and go back next week if you are waiting for Uncharted 3. That way you are guaranteed the 2 games you want and avoid the hoarders who will buy 9 copies of Uncharted 3
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#159 gamer6587

gamer6587

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

My plan is to exchange my free game at Wal-Mart for Assassin's Creed: Revelations when that comes out. Since I don't need a receipt, I should get full value on an exchange. Unless another store would do the same thing, since I would much rather go anywhere than Wal-Mart.

I took advantage of that when I grabbed 4 copies of LA Noire for $100 and got 3 $65 gift cards, and asked another friend to get me a gift card.....used all that money on walmart gas haha

#160 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

My plan is to exchange my free game at Wal-Mart for Assassin's Creed: Revelations when that comes out. Since I don't need a receipt, I should get full value on an exchange. Unless another store would do the same thing, since I would much rather go anywhere than Wal-Mart.

You won't get the full value because you'll have to pay tax. Returns without receipts means you don't get the tax back, and they have to give you a gift card.

#161 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Also, you guys don't realize that retailers have set some "traps" up for those of you trying to fanagle your way by "beating the system":

-If you try returning the game at the same retailer you bought it from with no receipt, they'll give you back THE LOWEST value that game has been, with no tax, and only on a gift card. Or they can just deny the return and tell you to feck off.

-If you try returning the game at ANOTHER retailer with no receipt (obviously, since you didn't buy it from them), they'll either a) ask for an ID and blacklist you and only give you the price of the game (or the lowest price it has been in a given time frame) with no tax on a gift card or b) deny the return entirely.

#162 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

Sometimes I wonder why I get treated like a petty thief whenever I'm following the rules and just trying to get the deal offered by the store. Then I see a thread like this and think "oh, that's why."

#163 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Sometimes I wonder why I get treated like a petty thief whenever I'm following the rules and just trying to get the deal offered by the store. Then I see a thread like this and think "oh, that's why."

This is 2011, bra. Those shenanigans no longer work. Everything is tracked by computer. I remember the days when we could buy a game, beat it, then return it to the retailer for your money back. Then came the "copyright" rule which only allows you to get the same game back because they knew people were pulling that stunt.

The only thing that was viable was the Nintendo 3DS price drop+Ambassador program loophole. And that's because Nintendo specifically said it was allowed due to their wording.

#164 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Yes sir. I just go the BBY route of trading in because I Would rather not screw a company that is actually trying to make things easier for the consumer.

I've actually been amazed amazon's good policies and CS has lasted as long as it has.

#165 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Does anyone thing this will work with timecards? IE world of Warcraft or rift?

#166 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

Yes sir. I just go the BBY route of trading in because I Would rather not screw a company that is actually trying to make things easier for the consumer.

I've actually been amazed amazon's good policies and CS has lasted as long as it has.

Wait, what? Always try to take advantage of deals the best you can.

The problem with what people are mentioning in this thread is just that it won't work.

If it would, I'd be all for it. 3DS Ambassador/price drop loopholer here.

#167 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

just bought Batman AC and Battlefield 3 Limited Edition. guy working there told me to come back next week and bring the receipt and I will get the 3rd game for free. Going back on Tuesday to get UNcharted 3. So, I suggest going to buy your games now to make sure you get them and go back next week if you are waiting for Uncharted 3. That way you are guaranteed the 2 games you want and avoid the hoarders who will buy 9 copies of Uncharted 3

Im wondering if Best Buy would match this and let the BF3 I bought Tuesday be a part of it. BF3, UC3, and a free game.

#168 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Im wondering if Best Buy would match this and let the BF3 I bought Tuesday be a part of it. BF3, UC3, and a free game.

If they don't, then just buy those 3 next week, and return the new BF3, with the original bf3 receipt.

#169 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

My Best Buy wouldn't price match B2G1Free this year. At all. They have new store policies, etc, since September or so. Bottom line: very YMMV on getting a Best Buy price match. And getting a match for a game that was purchased the week before seems even more of a stretch. Just sayin'.

#170 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:49 PM

If they don't, then just buy those 3 next week, and return the new BF3, with the original bf3 receipt.

This. :applause:

#171 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

If he got the LE for the preorder then the SKUs wouldn't match and would need a manager override, which basically means no.

#172 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

If he got the LE for the preorder then the SKUs wouldn't match and would need a manager override, which basically means no.

Not always. Depending on how limited they are. I know I saw a new Limited edition Bad Company 2 at my local target last month.

#173 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

very tempting, but i think i'll wait for gamestop to do a b2g1 free used for the sake of saving a few bucks. idk, might still change my mind and bite on this. batman+uncharted+rage and sonic+kirby+disney would be pretty damn pricey though.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#174 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

That's not how these deals work. The way it works is all dependent on how the cashier rings up the purchase. Let's say we go with onyzakua's original sequence:

1. BF3 ($60)
2. Uncharted3 ($60)
3. GOW3 (Free)

I can't remember why I always do this, but I think some stores may have a restriction where you can't return the free game on a deal and still get the game for free after the deal is expired. Rather than risk the store not accepting your exchange request (MW3 for GOW3), I would recommend that you make sure the cashier rings up GOW3 first so that it is one of the games that you paid for. As long as you do this you should have no issue w/ the MW3 trade within the first 30 days (or i think it may be 45 with Target).

I don't know how they do it with video games but with every other purchase I've done there, with gift cards, etc... they have always taken your discount (i.e. $60 game) and split it among all items. Therefore even though it rings up at $60, $60, $0... the REFUND amount should be $40, $40, $40. You could try to do an even exchange the week later but then it would depend on the person at customer service.

#175 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

So if you would buy 2 games, and return 2 of them...you would pay basically pay about $130~ (including tax) and you would return 2 games and receive $40 (is this confirmed?) so basically 130-80=50

So basically your saving $15 assuming you're keeping the first game? (65-50=15~) Assuming your tax is from california around 9%-9.25%

#176 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

I work at Target. I will confirm this later.

Thanks. I know the ad scan looks legit but it'd be great if we could get an employee to confirm this.

#177 ivana89

ivana89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

I work at Target. I will confirm this later.

and whether this sale is in-store only or on-line too, pls. TIA.

#178 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

Wowwww, people just don't wanna see me save money. I gotta think now whether I should cancel my Newegg pre-order or not.

#179 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

I was able to sell 2 copies of uncharted to two of my coworkers for $50.00 a piece.

$120.00 total price
-10% employee discount (brother in law works there)
120.00 -12.00

108.00 x .07 tax $7.56

=115.56

I get uncharted 3 for $15.56

#180 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

I was able to sell 2 copies of uncharted to two of my coworkers for $50.00 a piece.

$120.00 total price
-10% employee discount (brother in law works there)
120.00 -12.00

108.00 x .07 tax $7.56

=115.56

I get uncharted 3 for $15.56

So was he able to buy it early ?