MGS HD Collection (360) $39.99 + $5 MGS: Rising Credit at Amazon

I think it's been that price for a little while now... it may have been posted but I'm not sure.

In any case, good eye and hopefully it helps some people out. I for one, though, will spend the extra ten bucks on the PS3 version.

[quote name='mattcube64']I think it's been that price for a little while now... it may have been posted but I'm not sure.

In any case, good eye and hopefully it helps some people out. I for one, though, will spend the extra ten bucks on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Definitely grew up with them on the PS system, but I do all the gaming on my 360 now. My PS3 is getting loud and it's an old BC one, making me nervous :(

Every HD collection sofar has been 39.99, Konami are being greedy at pricing these at 50, even if getting MGS2,3 and pEACE walker is a great value

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Every HD collection sofar has been 39.99, Konami are being greedy at pricing these at 50, even if getting MGS2,3 and pEACE walker is a great value[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I'm a *MASSIVE* Metal Gear Solid fan - it's easily my favorite series in gaming. But I'm pretty perturbed at the $50 MSRP. It really should be $40; considering every.single.other HD collection has been $40. And don't even get me started on the $30 art book :whistle2:/

The deal that was posted was actually from TRU. MGS is kickass. Anybody that has not had a chance to play them is missing out on an awesome series. If you love stealth games ala Assassins Creed then you should enjoy MGS. Probably even more. Thanks OP but PS3 all the way for me.

[quote name='mattcube64']I completely agree. I'm a *MASSIVE* Metal Gear Solid fan - it's easily my favorite series in gaming. But I'm pretty perturbed at the $50 MSRP. It really should be $40; considering every.single.other HD collection has been $40.[/QUOTE]Haven't the recent HD collections either been a pair of A-tier games for $40 or a 3-pack of B-tier titles for $40? Unless you consider Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell games to be on the same level as MGS. Each of the three amazing games in this collection are amazing.

Besides, the MSRP doesn't matter a whole lot with Black Friday right around the corner.

It is important to mention that this game also comes with a $5 promo credit. That isn't much but really sweetens the deal.

[quote name='mattcube64']I completely agree. I'm a *MASSIVE* Metal Gear Solid fan - it's easily my favorite series in gaming. But I'm pretty perturbed at the $50 MSRP. It really should be $40; considering every.single.other HD collection has been $40.[/QUOTE]

The other good collections consist of two games, not three, so I find your argument unpersuasive.

Don't know if I should pre-order it now or wait for a black friday deal. Any thoughts on what the price may on black Friday?

[quote name='Jurassic425']It is important to mention that this game also comes with a $5 promo credit. That isn't much but really sweetens the deal.[/QUOTE]

That's just towards MGS:Rising isn't it?

why they didnt add metal gear 1?

Thats the only game i played back then on the ps1. Somehow i skipped 2 and 3.

FYi- They also releasing devil may cry package too in 2012 (1,2,3)

[quote name='mr_bungle']360 Controller>>>>>>>PS3 Controller[/QUOTE]

I agree for most genres, but a lot of people would prefer the original control scheme for these specific games, as the 360's buttons aren't pressure sensitive (just the triggers).

[quote name='Munny1212']Have they said anything about the controls for the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm curious as well. I've never played 2,3, or Peace Walker, how big of a part do pressure-sensitive buttons play in these games? I want the PS3 version but am tempted by this deal.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes I'm curious as well. I've never played 2,3, or Peace Walker, how big of a part do pressure-sensitive buttons play in these games? I want the PS3 version but am tempted by this deal.[/QUOTE]

In MSG2 the pressure sensitive stuff worked as such: press down on the button to aim the gun, then quickly let go to fire or gently let go to lower your weapon. It was pretty touchy. Even when you were careful sometimes you'd end up firing your gun and drawing attention to yourself when you just wanted to lower your weapon.

[quote name='Thrinn']In MSG2 the pressure sensitive stuff worked as such: press down on the button to aim the gun, then quickly let go to fire or gently let go to lower your weapon. It was pretty touchy. Even when you were careful sometimes you'd end up firing your gun and drawing attention to yourself when you just wanted to lower your weapon.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Definitely grew up with them on the PS system, but I do all the gaming on my 360 now. My PS3 is getting loud and it's an old BC one, making me nervous :([/QUOTE]

Your PS3 is getting louder because it is overheating and the fan is working harder to try and cool your 90nm Cell Processor

You need to open your PS3 and change the thermal paste, on both the CPU and the GPU.

If you don't do this, your PS3 will die.

I used ARCTIC SILVER 5 on my 65nm PS3, and it runs like the first day I bought it. Also Vacuum it out and clean it while you have it open.

If you're scared to open it, then I suppose you could call and pay GEEKSQUAD.......but that wouldn't be very "cheapassgamer" of you. ;)

[quote name='Persistantthug']Your PS3 is getting louder because it is overheating and the fan is working harder to try and cool your 90nm Cell Processor

You need to open your PS3 and change the thermal paste, on both the CPU and the GPU.

I used ARCTIC SILVER 5 on my 65nm PS3, and it runs like the first day I bought it. Also Vacuum it out and clean it while you have it open.

If you're scared to open it, then I suppose you could call and pay GEEKSQUAD.......but that wouldn't be very "cheapassgamer" of you. ;)[/QUOTE]
If someone let "Geek Squad" touch their PS3 I would lol.

Amazon probably expects the PS3 version to be the popular version so they dropped the price of the 360 version to pick up more sales.

Don't get all the 360 pad hate.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to play the game on 360 (even though I own a PS3) since it'll make it feel Like a new game.

Then again that might just be me

[quote name='Persistantthug']Your PS3 is getting louder because it is overheating and the fan is working harder to try and cool your 90nm Cell Processor

If you're scared to open it, then I suppose you could call and pay GEEKSQUAD.......but that wouldn't be very "cheapassgamer" of you. ;)[/QUOTE]

You may want to be careful with a vacuum around chipsets, as vacuums cause a lot of static electricity build up and can fry your board. You're much better off blowing it out with compressed air from an air compressor.

[quote name='halofreak64']I'm a huge metal gear fan and plan on getting it for the 360 since I have all he orginals on the playstation[/QUOTE]

Exactly (though I'm still getting it on ps3)
Playing these games on 360 is something new for fans of MGS. Much like the DMC trilogy hitting xbox next year.

Nothing wrong with playstation but for some fans who probably own these games maybe even multiple times on their home consoles, it'll be nice to try it out on something new.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Don't get all the 360 pad hate.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to play the game on 360 (even though I own a PS3) since it'll make it feel Like a new game.

Then again that might just be me[/QUOTE]

Shoot is going to be RB, so hopefully they let people adjust the controls as that doesn't sound too appealing to me.

http://thesnakesoup.org/briefing/images/2011/06/11/mpwhdcontrols360.jpg

Also, I find it much easier to do rapid mashing (torture scenes) on the PS3 controller, so there's that as well.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Exactly (though I'm still getting it on ps3)
Playing these games on 360 is something new for fans of MGS. Much like the DMC trilogy hitting xbox next year.

Nothing wrong with playstation but for some fans who probably own these games maybe even multiple times on their home consoles, it'll be nice to try it out on something new.[/QUOTE]

It's something new on both of them, though. I realize it might give some kind of different feeling to some of you but the same can be said about having them in HD with trophies and hopefully more reliable online play for Peace Walker on PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jawmuncher']Exactly (though I'm still getting it on ps3)

Nothing wrong with playstation but for some fans who probably own these games maybe even multiple times on their home consoles, it'll be nice to try it out on something new.[/QUOTE]

It's something new on both of them, though. I realize it might give some kind of different feeling to some of you but the same can be said about having them in HD with trophies and hopefully more reliable online play for Peace Walker on PS3.

I'm going with the PS3 version since its on one disc, and the rest of my MGS collection is on Sony systems. That said, $40 is a damn good deal and it's totally worth playing on 360.

I picked the PS3 version for its controls and plus PS3 discs are more scratch-resistant than 360 ones. I just hate finding scratches on my Xbox 360 discs!

I'm considering canceling my LE pre-order for this. I really don't know if the art book and case are worth $40 more.

[quote name='Gixxer']I'm considering canceling my LE pre-order for this. I really don't know if the art book and case are worth $40 more.[/QUOTE]

I cancelled my order of 2 of these L.E. HD collections (1 for :360:, 1 for :ps3:). For some odd reason, I thought the L.E. came in a steelbook, but it doesn't. I placed an order for 1 of the regular HD collection for the :360:.

I'll buy the :ps3: version later.

[quote name='Gixxer']I'm considering canceling my LE pre-order for this. I really don't know if the art book and case are worth $40 more.[/QUOTE]

Ugh geez when you put it like that... :/

You know what, f**k it. For those $80 I could buy a copy of the SE for me and a copy for a friend to do Peace Walker co-op.

[quote name='monkey cheez']Does it come with free delivery day shipping? If so, then I'm sold.[/QUOTE]

If you have Amazon Prime it probably does. Might be able to get a free trial if you're a student and haven't tried it before.

:cool:[quote name='lionheart4life']If you have Amazon Prime it probably does. Might be able to get a free trial if you're a student and haven't tried it before.[/QUOTE]

Just as a note, the PS3 version does NOT have RDD at all. In fact, even with '2 Day Shipping', Amazon says I'll be getting my MGS HD collection a week after release.

bread's done
Back