Costume Quest (on Steam) $5

Oh no, if you haven't played this and you dig ultra-charming, not terribly difficult little romps, you should play this. It's a great value with the DLC added in on the PC version. I champion this game like I do Darksiders, it's just awesome. I S-ranked the thing on :360: and I'm still tempted to buy it!

Perfect for halloween or if you love charm, but there's literally no challenge to it. You won't find a better halloween-themed game at this price, but expect it to be very short for what it is.

I've been waiting for a deal on this game and the timing couldn't be more perfect! And yes, it does include the Grubbins on Ice DLC for free. Thanks a bunch OP! :D

I also just received my BF3 LE today...but I'll gladly hold off on that to play Costume Quest tonight.

Damn you OP! When this went up on Steam, I really wanted it, but $15 was too much. This morning, I bought a few games and said that was it until the Winter sale... Well, there goes that...

Thanks! I loved this game when I played the demo a year ago, been waiting ever since for it to drop in price. I almost gave in and bought it from PSN today, so glad I waited.

Simple and easy rpg with a traditional take turns battle system. Yet sooo enjoyable, especially during this season

[quote name='AvidWriter']Temping but I don't know. No demo, kinda iffy on it. Plus I have a nice backlog to go through. Might have to pass.[/QUOTE]

If you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 you should be able to download the demo there. This essentially 15 dollars off because it comes with the Grubbins on Ice DLC which is 5 dollars on the Xbox and PS3. Buying this for $5 bucks puts a few dollars in Double Fine's pocket which will help them to continue on making wonderfully unique games.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Temping but I don't know. No demo, kinda iffy on it. Plus I have a nice backlog to go through. Might have to pass.[/QUOTE]

If you own a 360, you can download the demo through there.

It's a great, light-hearted game, and the DLC is a fitting addition to the game. I really can't recommend it enough for $5.

Fun little game. Was hoping they'd have a sale on the Xbox DLC (Grubbins on Ice), but I might consider this instead since it includes the DLC for free. Still, I would have preferred to play it on my Xbox and get the extra achievements.

Costume Quest 2 or more DLC would be great. :)

Just want to put in a good word for CQ. I bought it on 360 last year and really enjoyed it. It's a fun little game with tons of charm.

[quote name='CodeTrader']Fun little game. Was hoping they'd have a sale on the Xbox DLC (Grubbins on Ice)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the main game was 50% off on XBLA (still is, if you hurry before they post the new weekly deals) but the DLC was always full price. From what I gather the DLC is as good as the main game, but not long enough to spend 400 points on.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This is probably the best traditional turn-based RPG of the last several years. Completely charming and delightful game.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you, just completed it a couple of days ago, it's a simple game, but it's loads of fun and it is loaded with charming dialogue

bread's done
Back