Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition-$19.99 in-store at Target

I've been waiting for this to drop. I'll try to price-match it at BB tomorrow. If not, I'll just go to Target. Thanks!

This was actually posted in the Target thread quite a while ago. Regardless, thanks OP. I've been wanting this game for a while, and am still irritated that the 360 is still $37 pretty much everywhere. I should have bitten when it was $21 on Amazon.

[quote name='Jurassic425']This was actually posted in the Target thread quite a while ago. Regardless, thanks OP. I've been wanting this game for a while, and am still irritated that the 360 is still $37 pretty much everywhere. I should have bitten when it was $21 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
I picked it up from Amazon myself. I was kicking myself for not grabbing it when Kmart had it for $19.99 the one week a few months ago. Funny thing is, the CAG Price Tracker didn't show this price for the game when I checked.

The main search bar only shows four prices for this and they're all higher than this deal as well.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/games.php?do=prices&gameid=509779

There's actually TWO listings for this version, the top one being the one with the prices for it.

Apparently it's been this price for a while now at Target. I only noticed it when I was out of town yesterday for work and browsing the value game section.

Thanks, I never knew about this sale, I could probably just PM BB for it if my target is out. And to think just traded it in to BB for $26 after promos

hold on, is this for the 360 version as well
?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently it's been this price for a while now at Target. I only noticed it when I was out of town yesterday for work and browsing the value game section.[/QUOTE]

Oh..I'm assuming this is also for the 360?

I was JUST at target about a week ago, was marked at 29.99 (was the same week they had Killzone 3 for $30).

I will have to head out again tomorrow, $20 is my "get it" price. Thanks.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Oh..I'm assuming this is also for the 360?[/QUOTE]
I didn't see the 360 version when I was in the store yesterday, but I know the website was listing it as $37 and change earlier and as an 'online only' price.

But if I get a chance to stop by one of my local Targets today I'll see if I can verify if this is the same price for the 360 version as well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I didn't see the 360 version when I was in the store yesterday, but I know the website was listing it as $37 and change earlier and as an 'online only' price.

But if I get a chance to stop by one of my local Targets today I'll see if I can verify if this is the same price for the 360 version as well.[/QUOTE]

Ok..I'm gonna swing by mine tomorrow as well..but I did just do a Google shopping search and its still showing the $37 price for the 360 version :cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Even Amazon is showing $37 and change for the 360 version of this. Weird.[/QUOTE]

It is Odd. If they aren't the same price at Target..Anyway to get BB to price match the 360 version?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I didn't see the 360 version when I was in the store yesterday, but I know the website was listing it as $37 and change earlier and as an 'online only' price.

But if I get a chance to stop by one of my local Targets today I'll see if I can verify if this is the same price for the 360 version as well.[/QUOTE]

I've already checked in-store. The 360 version is unfortunately not $20.

I grabbed the last PS3 version at mine and paired it up with two other $20 games for the B2G1.

I'd get this just for Episodes of Liberty City. Already have GTA IV cost me $10 from Walmart's Black Friday a couple years ago in my backlog.

I'm picking this up for my sister later on. She wants to play the Ballad Of Gay Tony, but it's like $20 by itself. Already own GTAIV for the X360 so this will be a better deal.

Any other good games to pair this up with for the B2G1 sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Oh..I'm assuming this is also for the 360?[/QUOTE]

Nope 360 is $37 in stores. And yes the ls3 version of this has been this price for quite a few weeks.

Everyone keeps saying that this has been the price for the PS3 version for awhile. Going to try getting this and two other $20 or less games. Hope this will ring up correctly. Forgot about this during my last trip to Target that was Monday.

If I remember correctly the price tag on the shelf wasn't $20, maybe $30 or $40. Could be Target employees didn't change the price tag or needed to fill up the plastic prison with $20 games. I found some $20 games in individual plastic security cases.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Everyone keeps saying that this has been the price for the PS3 version for awhile. Going to try getting this and two other $20 or less games. Hope this will ring up correctly. Forgot about this during my last trip to Target that was Monday.

If I remember correctly the price tag on the shelf wasn't $20, maybe $30 or $40. Could be Target employees didn't change the price tag or needed to fill up the plastic prison with $20 games. I found some $20 games in individual plastic security cases.[/QUOTE]

My target had it the correct price for at least 2 weeks now. But yes target employees are hit and miss at times.

[quote name='christophermurakami']Any chance this title will drop to $15 for Black Friday or Christmas sales?[/QUOTE]

I would say there is a good chance of it. GTA V has been announced (trailer will be released today!). That will inevitably lead to a price drop of the previous game, depending on when GTA V will be released.

Tried to get this yesterday but price scanned 29.99. The guy only scanned the sku on the shelf. Does that make a difference? But i did manage to get ico/sotc for 19.99 cause someone put it in the $20 game shelf at the end of the aisle.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Any other good games to pair this up with for the B2G1 sale?[/QUOTE]

ModNation Racers (PS3), Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Xbox 360 Kinect), and Kinectimals (Xbox 360 Kinect) are all $19.99 as well. I think Kinect Joy Ride is $19.99 as well, but it's supposed to be a steaming turd, so I'd stay away. And of course all the Nintendo Wii Player's Choice (or whatever they call it) titles are $19.99, which includes great ones like Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy.

damn such a good deal. wish i didnt have it already. totally would use this with the b2g1 sale. that's why its good to wait.

[quote name='BingoBrown']ModNation Racers (PS3), Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Xbox 360 Kinect), and Kinectimals (Xbox 360 Kinect) are all $19.99 as well. I think Kinect Joy Ride is $19.99 as well, but it's supposed to be a steaming turd, so I'd stay away. And of course all the Nintendo Wii Player's Choice (or whatever they call it) titles are $19.99, which includes great ones like Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy.[/QUOTE]

You forgot super paper mario.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']anyone else price match this? I can't get this at my target[/QUOTE]

Its on their website, Target doesnt PM there own stuff?

Does anyone know if GTA4 Complete Edition will reset my saves for GTA4 (Regular)? Worried since my PS3 restarted my saves for LittleBigPlanet when I played the Regular Edition after I already played the GotY Edition.

[quote name='kingsnuff']Target doesnt PM there own stuff?[/QUOTE]

Some retailers really don't, not sure on Target's policy but I know Walmart doesn't. I went in there a while ago to buy a controller and it cost $10 more in store than it did on their own website! The guy was like "yeah....to get it for the website price you have to ship-to-store, they're trying to get people to buy stuff online."

I politely said; "Really? I have to 'ship-to-store' even though you guys have the merchandise in stock, right here in front of us."

He was like "Yeah". :roll: Then he told me that it would take a couple days to ship-to-store, even though they have plenty in stock.

I walked out of the store.

[quote name='kingsnuff']Its on their website, Target doesnt PM there own stuff?[/QUOTE]

No they don't. Online and in store do not PM the other.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']No they don't. Online and in store do not PM the other.[/QUOTE]

O ok, I was just curious, I know Walmart is the same way...stupid policy imo.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Some retailers really don't, not sure on Target's policy but I know Walmart doesn't. I went in there a while ago to buy a controller and it cost $10 more in store than it did on their own website! The guy was like "yeah....to get it for the website price you have to ship-to-store, they're trying to get people to buy stuff online."

I politely said; "Really? I have to 'ship-to-store' even though you guys have the merchandise in stock, right here in front of us."

He was like "Yeah". :roll: Then he told me that it would take a couple days to ship-to-store, even though they have plenty in stock.

I walked out of the store.[/QUOTE]

fuck Walmart, I had a similar situation happen. Long story short I had to use the store pick-up option to get a lower price on a blu ray. Manager wouldn't PM for me even though it was in stock and to be smart (after I showed him my confirmation number) he made me wait 2 hours before giving me my movie. I haven't been back since.

[quote name='kingsnuff']O ok, I was just curious, I know Walmart is the same way...stupid policy imo.

fuck Walmart, I had a similar situation happen. Long story short I had to use the store pick-up option to get a lower price on a blu ray. Manager wouldn't PM for me even though it was in stock and to be smart (after I showed him my confirmation number) he made me wait 2 hours before giving me my movie. I haven't been back since.[/QUOTE]

That's a damn shame. I hate stupid policies like that.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']anyone price match this yet?[/QUOTE]
Why not submit it to Amazon for a price match? You could also try Best Buy on your own. Just have them bring up the site in store and they should PM it.:)

Considering I'm not even seeing the option to purchase the game through the website, as well as seeing "Find in store - not available online" right smack-dab in the middle of the page , I see no reason B&M stores wouldn't honor this.

[quote name='christophermurakami']Anyone know yet if this is a sale from Target, or just a regular priced incredible steal; a grand theft?[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there.. :lol:

Is the Episodes from Liberty City one still 20? Doesn't make sense to offer these both at 20 I hope that one goes down. Already have GTAIV.

bread's done
Back