[Pre-order] Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) - $39.96 ($49.99 MSRP) at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I might get some flak for this as it may be misinterpreted as an MSRP deal, but Amazon has Resident Evil: Revelations for $39.96. That's normally the MSRP for 3DS games, but Crapcom decided they want to charge $49.99 for this title because it uses a higher capacity cart. It's supposedly a full console experience game, and looks pretty good.

Everywhere else seems to have it for $49.99 so if you're interested in getting it this is probably the best deal out there

This is a Pre-order that releases 2/12/12. It's best to lock in this price now since it might go up after.

LINK

Alternatively, I noticed Gamestop has an exclusive 3DS case with theirs. It's MSRP for the game, but the case is pretty awesome and changes in different lighting

[customspoiler=GS Case]
RE_revelations_BonusLG.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jcaugustine']Chances this will be ported over to PS3/360?

Still don't got a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Good chance on a vita port, but really no murmurs of anything console related. But we shall see.

Oh sweet, I forgot I had already ordered at the lower price with the gold box discount! I hope this game is as good as the hype, my 3DS barely gets any playtime.

$50 for a 3DS game? Now I don't care if it's a higher capacity cart, the only and I mean only way I would ever consider paying $50 is if this game was as good if not better than Resident Evil 4.

Since I have no clue if it will be, I am waiting. I might as well do an Amazon preorder. Can always cancel it.

fuck, Amazon really wants me to sub for Amazon Prime. $5 to ship this game for 3-5 day.

[quote name='trunks982']i thought i saw it for $39.99 at gamestop site about a month ago.[/QUOTE]

It was. I preordered it with the case from GS online for $40. Hope they honor preorder prices like Amazon does.

Pre-ordered on Amazon for $40 just in case the price goes back up to $50 and they decide to offer a $10-$20 gift card with it. What are the chances of that though?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']if this sells good I'm sure you'll start seeing more games coming out at $50 for the 3ds, I recommend not supporting this one for that simple fact.[/QUOTE]

That would also mean more games that uses capacity cart. I don't have a problem with that.

The quick switch into 1st person view while aiming makes me wanna vomit for some reason. Game graphics look great though. Don't know if the controls will hold up without that atrocious circle pad add-on, or if it is even supported. Is there no 180 degree quick turn option either?

As far as the gamestop preorder case goes, the quality of the RE Mercs 3DS case was quite flimsy, so I'd pass on that. Would go for amazon preorder or better yet, wait for price drop.

Sweet, preordered--thanks for the info, ssjmichael!

What has me most pumped for this RE is the new writer they hired, Dai Sato, best known for Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the Shell, and...oh, I don't know...freakin' Cowboy Bebop! :bouncy: Maybe the story will actually be good this time. :applause:

I thought 39.99 was average for a 3DS game........funny how Mario doesnt even go 49.99, I'll return my 3DS if I ever pay 50 for a new release

[quote name='ray2dee']I thought 39.99 was average for a 3DS game........funny how Mario doesnt even go 49.99, I'll return my 3DS if I ever
pay 50 for a new release[/QUOTE]

do try to read

flak, flak, flak...MSRP....RAWR!!!! :lol: I've had this preordered when it hit my gold box, but thanks OP.

3DS gets revelations and we get shitty raccoon city operation

I thought that was HUNK in the trailer but reading the comments it says its Chris

hopefully this is indication that they've come to their senses about the $50 msrp after the huge backlash.

capcom is one of my favorite developers but pricing at $50 for this is insane. Especially considering the rumors that it started out as the cancelled PSP RE game.

Don't force the fans to pay for your bungled dev time.

[quote name='sadunk']LOL Repost or not, Cheapy's post always trumps. Pre-ordered before just in case they offer a $10 gift card later.[/QUOTE]

That and Amazon's price is frequently bouncing between $40 and $50 frequently of late and isn't always on sale.

For those who don't wanna buy this because of the price, the price is only higher because its a big game and the manufacturer needed a bigger cartridge to fit the game on. Also the graphics are said to completely utilize, if not extend, the graphics capabilities of the 3DS. Plus the discounted preorder makes it an even better deal.

[quote name='crazedimp321']For those who don't wanna buy this because of the price, the price is only higher because its a big game and the manufacturer needed a bigger cartridge to fit the game on. Also the graphics are said to completely utilize, if not extend, the graphics capabilities of the 3DS. Plus the discounted preorder makes it an even better deal.[/QUOTE]
What a load of PR bullcrap, it's higher because it's Capcom. Nothing but the Activision of the rising sun, who else publishes their CoD rehashes in Japan? That's right, Capcom.

bread's done
Back