Complete North American Release List

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#31 thesilentshadow30

thesilentshadow30

shhhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:15 AM

There was an Outlaw Golf: Holiday Golf that was released only at TRU...

iamwithstupidsigvt8.jpg

#32 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:17 AM

There was an Outlaw Golf: Holiday Golf that was released only at TRU...

It's the same game as Outlaw Golf: Nine Holes Of Xmas that was released at Blockbuster. I might mention it as a variant the next time I update the list.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#33 thesilentshadow30

thesilentshadow30

shhhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:25 AM

I would think that it should be mentioned since it has a different cover and such.
I know that it was the same but if you are going for a complete list...

You may want to also add in all the games that are avaliable with different cover art and such.
For instance ... GTA 3 & GTA Vice City. I have both versions of each ( the double pack release and the original cover art release of each for the xbox).

iamwithstupidsigvt8.jpg

#34 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:09 PM

I would think that it should be mentioned since it has a different cover and such.
I know that it was the same but if you are going for a complete list...

You may want to also add in all the games that are avaliable with different cover art and such.
For instance ... GTA 3 & GTA Vice City. I have both versions of each ( the double pack release and the original cover art release of each for the xbox).

Yeah, the GTA's with the better box art were what were sent to rental companies. I don't think they were ever intended for retail sale. I'll try and start putting together a variant section because there's only so much you can do with just a text list. I'd like to eventually start a site to actually have a database with pictures of all the Xbox stuff where I could describe stuff and put information about the games.

But I will start a section for variants at the bottom of my list that will include the GTA's, Outlaw Holiday Golf, Outlaw Volleyball (different covers), and any others that I think of.
Posted Image

#35 Stick821

Stick821

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:45 PM

Shipwreck, do you buy multiple copies of the games? Like Halo, Halo 2, Halo: MMP, and then Halo Triple Pack? Or all of the kollectors editions of Mortal Kombat?

#36 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

Shipwreck, do you buy multiple copies of the games? Like Halo, Halo 2, Halo: MMP, and then Halo Triple Pack? Or all of the kollectors editions of Mortal Kombat?

I have 2 copies of Halo (one original, one with game of the year emblem), 2 copies of Halo 2 (one standard, one LE), one Halo MMP, and as of right now I only have the Mileena KE of Mortal Kombat. I plan to pick up the other KE's when I find them for less than $10 because I'm a MK freak. I also own the GCN version of Deception.

The multiple copies of the Halos were for playing system link games.
Posted Image

#37 thesilentshadow30

thesilentshadow30

shhhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

I do the same thing... I try to collect every version I can find of a game (ie different cover art , ETC.)

I have one of the original Halo covers with a TEEN rating before it got changed to a Mature rating.

iamwithstupidsigvt8.jpg

#38 Stick821

Stick821

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:24 PM

I have 2 copies of Halo (one original, one with game of the year emblem), 2 copies of Halo 2 (one standard, one LE), one Halo MMP, and as of right now I only have the Mileena KE of Mortal Kombat. I plan to pick up the other KE's when I find them for less than $10 because I'm a MK freak. I also own the GCN version of Deception.

The multiple copies of the Halos were for playing system link games.

Do you have any pics of your collection? All of my friends and family think that I'm crazy because I have about 70 (XBOX, PS2, & GC) games combined, I'd at least like to show my wife that there are crazier people than me. Not that you're crazy or anything. ;-)

#39 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:29 PM

Do you have any pics of your collection? All of my friends and family think that I'm crazy because I have about 70 (XBOX, PS2, & GC) games combined, I'd at least like to show my wife that there are crazier people than me. Not that you're crazy or anything. ;-)

There's some pictures of just my Xbox collection from a few months back in this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=50270

I don't have pictures of my whole collection because most of my stuff is in rubbermaid tubs right now.
Posted Image

#40 Gr33n

Gr33n

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

I've searched high and low for a complete list but never came close til now...ThanX :)

#41 memsg

memsg

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for the list! I was wondering didn't the xbox only get Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's editions of Scorpion and Millena?

#42 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:05 AM

Thanks for the list! I was wondering didn't the xbox only get Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's editions of Scorpion and Millena?

The Xbox got Kollector's Editions of Scorpion, Mileena, Baraka, and Raiden. They were all distributed to different stores so that might be why you haven't seen them all.

PS2 only got one Premium Edition with Sub-Zero on the cover.
Posted Image

#43 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

10/18 Update

Added:

Blitz: The League
Chicken Little, Disney's
Crash Tag Team Racing
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball MAX'd
Grand Theft Auto Trilogy
IHRA Drag Racing: Sporstman Edition
Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition
Shattered Union
Shrek 2/Shark Tale Bundle Pack
Sniper Elite
Spongebob Squarepants: Lights, Camera, Pants!
Stubbs The Zombie In Rebel Without A Pulse
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Warriors, The
World Poker Tour
Posted Image

#44 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:30 PM

thanks shipwreck, I didn't know there were that many xbox games...

logo.png

#45 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:58 AM

Ship when you get the Bible game please tell us how it plays.

http://xbox.ign.com/...9/659516p1.html

I saw it at frys today and really wanted to know what poor kid would get stuck with that game.

#46 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

Updated 10/24 with the following games:

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Bible Game, The
Call Of Cthulu: Dark Corners Of The Earth
Sims 2, The
Spartan: Total Warrior
Zathura
Posted Image

#47 BillyBobX

BillyBobX

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

Great list... looks very complete except for one omission:

Tak: The Great Juju Challenge

--
BBX

#48 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:31 PM

Great list... looks very complete except for one omission:

Tak: The Great Juju Challenge

--
BBX

Thanks for catching that. My friend even owns that game so I don't know how I missed it.

It's now on the list.
Posted Image

#49 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:54 PM

11/2/05

Added the following New Releases:

Castlevania: Curse Of Darkness
Ed, Edd 'N Eddy: Mis-Edventures
Incredibles, The: Rise Of The Underminer
James Bond 007: From Russia With Love
Sea World: Shamu's Deep Sea Adventures
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare
Without Warning
World Championship Poker 2

I'm waiting on more information on Crash Super Pack before adding it to the list.
Posted Image

#50 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

You are a great value to these boards, ship. Keep it up. :applause:

samuraifez.png

#51 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:54 PM

Should be up to date with this weeks releases. Also added "Volvo: Drive For Life", a promotional game that was released that was pointed out by thesilentshadow30.
Posted Image

#52 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 17 November 2005 - 06:18 AM

I know this may seem... underappreciative of me, but is there anyway you could indicate which of these games are Xbox exclusive with an asteriks or something by their name? If not could you point me in the right direction of where I could find out for myself? Thank you.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:10 PM

I know this may seem... underappreciative of me, but is there anyway you could indicate which of these games are Xbox exclusive with an asteriks or something by their name? If not could you point me in the right direction of where I could find out for myself? Thank you.

I use to keep track of this, but it got time consuming to go back and check that games were still exclusive and didn't come out later for another system. I'll look into it, though, and see if I can come up with a way to easily represent exclusive games. (Asterix wouldn't be the easiest for me since I pull my list from an Excel file I have and I don't want asterix in there.)

Edit: After quickly glancing back through this, I remembered another headache in this endeavor. There are games that came out with different features that are confusing as to whether they are truly exclusives or not. And there are games that are on PC, but no other console that I consider to be exclusive, but others will complain about them not be exclusive. There are also games that it is only exclusive to this region. If I do decide to do it, I will have to make executive decisions on what I consider to be exclusive.
Posted Image

#54 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:56 AM

I use to keep track of this, but it got time consuming to go back and check that games were still exclusive and didn't come out later for another system. I'll look into it, though, and see if I can come up with a way to easily represent exclusive games. (Asterix wouldn't be the easiest for me since I pull my list from an Excel file I have and I don't want asterix in there.)

Edit: After quickly glancing back through this, I remembered another headache in this endeavor. There are games that came out with different features that are confusing as to whether they are truly exclusives or not. And there are games that are on PC, but no other console that I consider to be exclusive, but others will complain about them not be exclusive. There are also games that it is only exclusive to this region. If I do decide to do it, I will have to make executive decisions on what I consider to be exclusive.

You could always make separate marks for each, like # = only on Xbox, * = also available for PC, but no other consoles.

Browsing EB, I noticed these 2-packs coming soon.

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/259888.asp

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/259892.asp

#55 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:16 PM

Great job on the list shipwreck, I never realized there were that many games for the Xbox. I wonder if it will end up reaching 1000 now that the 360 is out.

#56 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

Here's an update. These are all from Shacknews.

SnoCross 2 Featuring "Air" Blair Morgan
Gaunlet: Seven Sorrows
Pac-Man World 3
American Chopper: Full Throttle
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
College Hoops 2K6
Crime Life: Gang Wars
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
America's Army: Rise of a Soldier
Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3
Half-Life 2
Aeon Flux
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Shadow the Hedgehog
True Crime: New York City
True Crime: New York City Collector's Edition

#57 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:53 PM

Here's an update. These are all from Shacknews.

SnoCross 2 Featuring "Air" Blair Morgan
Gaunlet: Seven Sorrows
Pac-Man World 3
American Chopper: Full Throttle
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
College Hoops 2K6
Crime Life: Gang Wars
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
America's Army: Rise of a Soldier
Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3
Half-Life 2
Aeon Flux
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Shadow the Hedgehog
True Crime: New York City
True Crime: New York City Collector's Edition

Thanks, I was actually planning on updating the list tonight. I'll double check everything and update the master list later.
Posted Image

#58 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:19 PM

I love this thread. I got 127 games for the XBox, so It's always interesting to give this thread a check. With the 360 out I can see even more XBox games for cheap down the road, so I'm gonna have to look into picking up even more titles.

I just wish MS would work on the backwards compatability so I could play more of my older titles without having to keep my xbox hooked up :(

#59 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:21 PM

Several people have asked, so I absolutely promise that I will update the list tonight. I got a little caught up in FFXI on 360 over the weekend and didn't get around to it yet.
Posted Image

#60 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2006 - 02:25 PM

wow, I have a little over 500 xbox games, but am apparently missing many more than I had thought! Though, I only have like one edition of each sports game, and don't have both standard and collectors editions of games. Time to start hunting. Thanks for the list!
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445