• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

i dont even remember this game having music

#62 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

They should have added the deleted scenes and gameplay segments that explain some of the gaping plot holes.

#63 deletion

deletion

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Jason ...... Jason ...... JASON !

haha!! yea, the voiceovers were so bad. but overall, i did enjoy though.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#64 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

Nice, I was just about to go see if there were any $10 copies at Kmart today! I've wanted to play this since it came out, but the damn price wouldn't drop for like a year. I'll grab this when it comes out, if I can get a deal, of course ;)

#65 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Hmm, I think I'll get this along with 2 other 30 dollar games when(if?) Best Buy has their B2G1 Free deal.

#66 Dante Devil

Dante Devil

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

Damn! Just bought it from GameFly!

dantedevil0ec6zs.jpgcagerssmall6vi5lm.gif

ach.png

#67 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

I wonder if Sony will put out a Heavy Rain move bundle like this one their doing with LBP2 SE
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=306776
surprised they already haven't considering the popularity/demand of heavy rain & seeing as there's really no smash hit move titles this could've became one.

#68 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Now I don't feel bad for missing out on that Gamefly deal...definitely getting this.

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#69 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

:D

#70 DealHunter

DealHunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

I imported the Move Edition from the UK. I hate the Greatest Hits design as much as anybody. But man if I would have known this I may have thought twice about importing. 3 different versions.......
These companies have to stop this nonsense.

#71 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

I imported the Move Edition from the UK. I hate the Greatest Hits design as much as anybody. But man if I would have known this I may have thought twice about importing. 3 different versions.......
These companies have to stop this nonsense.

What was the point of importing it? The regular version has Move support as well. And what 3 versions? There's the regular HR and now the director's cut. You also act like someone forced you to buy the imported version, I don't see anything wrong with Sony re-releasing this with extra content at a discounted price. No one is asking you to double dip..

#72 pureheat101

pureheat101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

oh ho. so getting this

#73 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'm watching like a hawk for the current gh edition to drop in price.
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#74 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

What was the point of importing it? The regular version has Move support as well. And what 3 versions? There's the regular HR and now the director's cut. You also act like someone forced you to buy the imported version, I don't see anything wrong with Sony re-releasing this with extra content at a discounted price. No one is asking you to double dip..

The uk version came w/ the taxidermist dlc, if i'm not mistaken.

#75 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Added Gamestop link to Original Post.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#76 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

The uk version came w/ the taxidermist dlc, if i'm not mistaken.

I got that free I think from GS. That doesn't explain why he felt the need to double dip though. If he wanted the taxidermist he could have just bought it off of PSN. I haven't played it yet, but I hear it's not even worth getting anyway.

#77 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Wooooo....$5 savings....

Assuming anyone is still paying MSRP for this, anyways.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Netflix

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: Red Faction

:wii: n/a

:ds: Found my DS!

#78 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Wooooo....$5 savings....

Assuming anyone is still paying MSRP for this, anyways.

It has the same MSRP as the existing version I believe.

#79 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

It'd be worth the upgrade to this edition assuming the Move-compatibility patch is on the disc and not the massive patch that's currently hogging hard drive space.

#80 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

It has the same MSRP as the existing version I believe.

Yeah, that was the point I was driving at. $5 being the cost of the dlc + $30 msrp of the current GH version. :D

Currently Playing:

#81 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

What's so "director's cut" about this? There doesn't seem to be anything too special and nothing new in terms of gameplay content.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#82 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

What's so "director's cut" about this?

David Cage personally redesigned the cover for this edition.

#83 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

directors cut eh? Blea. Ugly fail GH cover means no thanks for me. Doens't look all that impressive either as far as content

David Cage personally redesigned the cover for this edition.

hmm that a joke? Cover looks the same to me, just in ugly GH packaging

#84 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

There isn't any new "cut" content added in, aside from the Taxidermist DLC being included.

Currently Playing:

#85 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

It's probably just the same disc repackaged with a download voucher for the DLC, soundtrack, dynamic themes and the other digital contents.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#86 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:37 AM

Director's cut is just their gimmicky way of saying special edition or whatever. It's not meant to be taking literally.

Though it's ironic because this is exactly the kind of game that would have been perfect for a director's cut, with extended and/or alternative endings depending on your actions.

#87 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Joystiq.com actually said in their blog post there was going to be 'cut content' included in addition to the DLC/move support patch, so there are definitely some places spreading false information / assumptions.

And since the devs have gone on record saying they had more DLC planned, but ended up doing the Move functionality patch instead, I thought it was worth pointing out.

Currently Playing:

#88 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Complete, original game, Heavy Rain (CHECK)
Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC (CHECK - CAME WITH PREORDER)
Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks) (CHECK - *COUGHPIRATEBAYCOUGH*)
New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support (MENU - WHO CARES? MOVE SUPPORT - CHECK via UPDATE)
A series of 8 “Making of” Bonus Videos (WHO CARES?)
Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars) (WANT!!)
15 additional pieces of new concept art (WHO CARES?)
2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer) (WHO CARES?)

So, ultimately, the only worthwhile thing to come out of the "director's cut" is some themes. F*** that noise. This is only for those unfortunate souls that haven't already bought Heavy Rain.

#89 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:26 AM

More like "Producer's Cut".

David Cage will probably never trust a major publisher ever again after this shit. First, Heavy Rain was planned to be continued and ultimately concluded through DLC. Second, Sony demanded he cease production of his DLC so as to allow for time needed to bolster the Move launch line-up with a Move-enhanced version of Heavy Rain. On this subject, he had the following to say:

"I understand why the decision was made," Cage said of the cancellation of the planned DLC. "From a creative point of view it was not my choice. I would have really preferred a thousand times developing the Chronicles. I thought we had a lot to say about these characters, about their background. Things that were just mentioned in the game that had a true explanation in the background, and it's a little bit unfortunate that we won't be able to tell you the full story."

But at the same time, Cage said he's looking forward to working on something new. "I didn't want to do everything, I wanted to move on," he said. "I didn't want to spend another two years on Heavy Rain developing Move and Chronicles and stuff. ... So a decision had to be made and it's a decision I respect. Honestly, it's not like I'm upset about it, I would have preferred to do it differently but, you know what, it makes sense."

Third, Sony has not only effectively shitcanned his ACTUAL REAL-LIFE "director's cut", but they are so brazen as to take his unfinished work, the work they forced his company to complete totally outside of the director's control (read: the Move support), and then label it the director's cut like he actually had some honest say in any of this at all.

It's so incredibly insulting I almost respect Sony for it. I totally don't, though, of course.

#90 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

More like "Producer's Cut".

David Cage will probably never trust a major publisher ever again after this shit. First, Heavy Rain was planned to be continued and ultimately concluded through DLC. Second, Sony demanded he cease production of his DLC so as to allow for time needed to bolster the Move launch line-up with a Move-enhanced version of Heavy Rain. On this subject, he had the following to say:

Third, Sony has not only effectively shitcanned his ACTUAL REAL-LIFE "director's cut", but they are so brazen as to take his unfinished work, the work they forced his company to complete totally outside of the director's control (read: the Move support), and then label it the director's cut like he actually had some honest say in any of this at all.

It's so incredibly insulting I almost respect Sony for it. I totally don't, though, of course.

I honestly feel like that was a scapegoat. Porting Move to something does not take that many resources.

Here's Cage in his own words. Look at the way he reacts when asked about what's next for Heavy Rain right after the game was released and before Move support was even in the works:

And I quote:

"You know with Heavy Rain, I feel like I'm done. I said what I had to say about this story and these characters. And this is why there won't be a sequel and this is why i hope there will be a movie about the game but I don't think I will be personally involved....I need to move on to tell other stories....."

Do those words really sound like they come from someone who wanted to dive back into Heavy Rain and work out more DLC? Doesn't sound like it to me. And just think about this, it would make much more sense to have done the episodes while they were making the game, or at the very least right after. All the sets, crew, and casting was there. If they waited even a month or two it's possible the actors or crew would be doing other projects and such.

The Move in my opinion was Cage's scapegoat to gamers for why he didn't put out more content. Adding move support did not take that long and it's not even something that required a huge team or resources to do. He honestly looked mentally exhausted and almost seemed sick of working on HR after doing that for 4 years of his life. I also feel like he appears to be really focused on his legacy and wants to get as many different games out there as possible.