Photo
- - - - -

Skyfall (James Bond 23) -11/9/12 -Title Credits online!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

I call and raise your Bond themes:

I'm reluctant to really heap on that one. It certainly isn't my favorite, but I don't think it belongs in the scrap heap.

Oh, also saw Skyfall last night for the second time. There's even more subtlety the second time around - and it's not exactly a movie that does subtle well. The foreshadowing is pretty in your face during the film.

Still, just an excellent film overall. Hell of a recovery from QoS.
Posted Image

#32 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Can't agree. The style of the Skyfall theme is far closer to an old torch song, which (IMO) reminds me more of the classic Bond themes - Shirley Bassey, Nancy Sinatra et al.

Chris Cornell's theme was really good, I admit - but I'm head over heels for Adele's theme. And I say that as someone who has never heard any of Adele's other material.

Perhaps we can just agree that the Dalton-era themes were positively the worst?

There is the problem. I probably can't go a day without hearing something of hers on the radio, television, etc. so I'm a little weary of her.

No doubt you are right about her theme being a throwback to the older ones, though. In terms of keeping the Bond feel, I would agree with you that she has the better theme.

I'm comparing them on a much looser basis. Plus, I'm a big fan of Cornell (so I guess I'm a little biased).

I think they are both great themes. I just prefer Cornell's theme.

#33 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

hahaha, yeah, I wondered if someone would be like "hey, she's so popular there's no way you haven't heard her other stuff." But I'm pretty good at avoiding a lot of the pop music these days, and stay in a bit of a pop culture cocoon - so she hasn't worn out her welcome with me (yet).
Posted Image

#34 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Adele has an amazing voice but she really does have a goofy accent and its not because its british its whatever dialect from whatever part of the england she's from.

#35 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

ff to 35 seconds

This might have been better than the one they used in the movie. Now if they would have integrated the title sequence with the chase sequence just like in the game, it would have been cool...similar to Day another day, where you saw Bond getting beaten by the North Koreans.

#36 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

speaking of title credit sequence.....is there a list of names of all the girls used in every bond title sequence? I know it's more of Sohpiettes and shadows, but I am curious about these chicks.....are they usually the same one's used in the past few bond movies? How does that show up on their IMDB credit? Credit Title Sequence Naked Chick? :D

#37 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

This might have been better than the one they used in the movie. Now if they would have integrated the title sequence with the chase sequence just like in the game, it would have been cool...similar to Day another day, where you saw Bond getting beaten by the North Koreans.

I don't know, this one didn't do much for me.

Question though - Anyone have the Bond 50 collection? How is it?

I've been wanting to watch all of the Bond films that I've missed.

#38 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

I don't know, this one didn't do much for me.

Question though - Anyone have the Bond 50 collection? How is it?

I've been wanting to watch all of the Bond films that I've missed.

Here is the review
http://www.blu-ray.c...y/36569/#Review

#39 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Here is the review
http://www.blu-ray.c...y/36569/#Review

Oh, awesome. Lots of info there, thanks.

#40 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

I saw this in IMAX and it was pretty spectacular.

#41 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Went yesterday to see this for the second time. Even better than my first viewing. Really digging the theme, too.

Yeah I bumped this old thread, get mad about it. If you haven't seen it yet, hurry up before it leaves the theater.