Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

i just signed up a few days ago, maybe I'll use my 100 dollar certificate to do a B2G1 free, maybe the new zelda will be 39.99 one of these days

Hmm... damn, seems like I'm going to have to sign up for Unlocked now. Been meaning to do it the past few days but been busy with homework.

@Confoosious: Lol. I laughed.

[quote name='Evolved']Look at the dates. Would have been nice to have had his when I was doing the 5/$100 deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh man wish I would have sined up for this...b2g1 would have been awesome on 11/15 releases.[/QUOTE]

B2G1 on new are for titles $39.99 and below. So all the big releases for the 5/100 deal would not have qualified anyway. Let's hope for some Dec sales though.

It's still a good deal. If the games go on sale, or you manage to price match them, then it can work in your favor. With the holiday season right around the corner....

[quote name='C00KIEM0NSTER']The B2G1 FRee on New games is only for games up to $39.99, seriously??[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that. I'm figuring on working something around Halo Anniversary with this coupon if I receive it in time. Figure there will enough price drops on other items to throw something else in the mix, plus also the possibility of using it on Black Friday makes it very very interesting indeed....

I wonder if I will receive this in the mail anytime soon...

That B2G1 on $39.99 could come in handy for me:
Ultimate MvC, and I don't know what else.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I wonder if I will receive this in the mail anytime soon...

That B2G1 on $39.99 could come in handy for me:
Ultimate MvC, and I don't know what else.[/QUOTE]

well if the coupon doesn't restrict sales items, there could be some good stuff coming up.

[quote name='confoosious']well if the coupon doesn't restrict sales items, there could be some good stuff coming up.[/QUOTE]
I'm sory dude, but would you mind expanding on that thought?

The only notable qualifying title for me is Ultimate MvC... and that is because I only have a PS3. I'm sure I'm missing some other good $39.99 and under title right?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I'm sory dude, but would you mind expanding on that thought?

The only notable qualifying title for me is Ultimate MvC... and that is because I only have a PS3. I'm sure I'm missing some other good $39.99 and under title right?[/QUOTE]

I'm certainly not one to try to speak for Confoosious, but I would imagine he's simply referring to the fact that BB puts $59.99 games on sale for $39.99 from time to time and that you could use it on those.

Hopefully this coupon gets to me before the 15th. I'd love to snag Halo Anniversary free when I pick up Assassin's Creed and Saints Row.

[quote name='ticktack']Hopefully this coupon gets to me before the 15th. I'd love to snag Halo Anniversary free when I pick up Assassin's Creed and Saints Row.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that would work...I was thinking all the games had to be $39.99 but I would see no reason why 2 of the games could be more than that.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm certainly not one to try to speak for Confoosious, but I would imagine he's simply referring to the fact that BB puts $59.99 games on sale for $39.99 from time to time and that you could use it on those.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's all i meant. I dont have the coupon yet so I'm not sure if it says "not valid on sale items" or anything. Though mattcube says there's no such language.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah that's all i meant. I dont have the coupon yet so I'm not sure if it says "not valid on sale items" or anything. Though mattcube says there's no such language.[/QUOTE]
Ok now I understand.

Thanks guys, and lets hope that happens!

[quote name='stoned99']Great and I've been fighting to get my unlocked for a month now, so I won't get the coupons :([/QUOTE]

Let me guess - you were at @Gamer subscriber before this whole Unlocked thing happened, and you used that coupon they sent you with one of your issues for the free Unlocked membership, but it hasn't taken effect yet? Because that's the shit I'm going through, and after speaking with, like, five different departments over the phone, none of which know how to solve my issue or know who, exactly, I need to speak to, and having two of my emails ignored, it seems like nobody is actually able to do anything for me.

Here are some games for PS3 that you might be interested in for $39.99:

God of War Origins Collection
ICO and SotC Collection
Splintercell Collection
Dead Rising Off the Record
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Let me guess - you were at @Gamer subscriber before this whole Unlocked thing happened, and you used that coupon they sent you with one of your issues for the free Unlocked membership, but it hasn't taken effect yet? Because that's the shit I'm going through, and after speaking with, like, five different departments over the phone, none of which know how to solve my issue or know who, exactly, I need to speak to, and having two of my emails ignored, it seems like nobody is actually able to do anything for me.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you exactly what happened and how to fix it. When they originally did your transaction they did it incorrectly. They were suppost to scan a sheet that had the code on it and then use the coupon. The only way to fix is to have the manager bring up your past receipt in the system (you dont' need it) and have then have them ring it through correctly and then scan your coupon (or in your case give you a credit). When the coupon came out most best buys didn't even have the sheet to scan before the coupon. My best buy brought up all the purchases and redid them including mine, but that is a crapshoot. Go in see the manager have it fixed. They can bring up your past reciept. Basically what they did is ring in a coupon with no product for a lot of people including me...lmao
also got my coupons today ... got my gamer mag originally for $9.99 with gears 3 discount and free unlocked yes... go me

[quote name='earvcunanan']Here are some games for PS3 that you might be interested in for $39.99:

ICO and SotC Collection
Splintercell Collection
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude.

Looks like Ultimate and Off the Record for sure, but don't know about the 3rd.

If only MGS HD was $39.99!!!

Mine wasnt unlocked the last time I went in there, so the manager scanned the coupon and the reward zone membership barcode and it unlocked it finally.

I hope I get these coupons before the night skyrim comes out, wouldn't mind using the strategy guide one on the collectors edition guide. Unless it excludes collector edition guides of course.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Let me guess - you were at @Gamer subscriber before this whole Unlocked thing happened, and you used that coupon they sent you with one of your issues for the free Unlocked membership, but it hasn't taken effect yet? Because that's the shit I'm going through, and after speaking with, like, five different departments over the phone, none of which know how to solve my issue or know who, exactly, I need to speak to, and having two of my emails ignored, it seems like nobody is actually able to do anything for me.[/QUOTE]

That's it precisely.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Here are some games for PS3 that you might be interested in for $39.99:

ICO and SotC Collection
Splintercell Collection
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3[/QUOTE]you'd been better off using the @gamer coupons for these would've been cheaper
$15 GOW:O
$15 Ico/SOTC
$30 Dead Rising:OTR

but the other 2 yeah maybe one of the other PS3 collections.

I wasn't an @Gamer subscriber and my Unlocked doesn't seem to work either. They were happy enough to take my money but I've yet to see it actually show up anywhere other than my purchase history. Only tried one additional store visit and one phone call, so it's probably really my fault.

but the coupons can be received/used by anyone
it says text "RZ" to 332211. You can also try texting "SILVER" or "PREMIER" to 332211.
the main set(15 total) are valid 11/4-11/19
The standard 10% off coupon(reg. price items)
Spend $100/$250/$500/$1000 get a $10/$25/$50/$130 BB giftcard

There's also a second spend $100/$250/$500/$1000 get a $10/$25/$50/$130 BB giftcard valid 12/18-12/24.

BBY Employee: "Oh I see what's going on, when we signed you up for Unlocked, it didn't tie into your Reward Zone account. You'll need to call this # and get them linked." ... how does that even happen?!

[quote name='mattcube64']Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out![/QUOTE]
I'm part of the Gamers Unlocked too, but no coupons in the mail yet.

What is the 7-digit sku code? Starts with a 3 usually like '3XXXXXX'.

I received my "unlocked" packet today, complete with the stickers and coupons. Interesting thing about the coupons is that nowhere on it does it say it's not for games on sale. Could potentially be a great coupon (the buy2get1free) to stack if there are some great sales around turkey day.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I received my "unlocked" packet today, complete with the stickers and coupons. Interesting thing about the coupons is that nowhere on it does it say it's not for games on sale. Could potentially be a great coupon (the buy2get1free) to stack if there are some great sales around turkey day.[/QUOTE]
What month did you sign up?

[quote name='phantomphoenix']Got mine in the mail today too! :D It even has the stickers to identify you as a GCU member. And of course I got this before my first mag. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Same here.

havent gotten these but got a coupon book with offers for giftcards at Best Buy for spending $100, $250, $500, and $1000.

I could really use that B2G1 too. Getting Halo Anniversary and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Wouldnt mind getting a free game with em.

bread's done
Back