Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3666 replies to this topic

#451 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Darn, I missed out on a c1 hellraiser for four fourty. Darn you amazon send me an open boxed guitar as new. Now I missed all the christmass sales waiting for you to give me what I paid for.

#452 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:54 PM

Unlocked master mode for TDG "I Hate Everything About You" last night and then got 199,836 the first time through in master... Got 200K+ the next run through. So cool to be able to pay a song all the way through, solos and all!!! I love this freaking game!

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#453 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

That Schecter Damien is a CRAZY good deal on that guitar... That's the equivalent to the Elite series, with a different inlay... MF has the same guitar (basically) at $419 (and that's with the extra $80 that goes away after Christmas. That falls into line with what the usual markdown from MSRP is on Schecters... In Amazon's case, it equals a 60% discount from MSRP, which is pretty good for a guitar of that quality...

I'm tempted to cash out my BB credit to Amazon Kindle cards and buy that guitar... Hmmm...

Currently Playing:

#454 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

That Schecter Damien is a CRAZY good deal on that guitar... That's the equivalent to the Elite series, with a different inlay... MF has the same guitar (basically) at $419 (and that's with the extra $80 that goes away after Christmas. That falls into line with what the usual markdown from MSRP is on Schecters... In Amazon's case, it equals a 60% discount from MSRP, which is pretty good for a guitar of that quality...

I'm tempted to cash out my BB credit to Amazon Kindle cards and buy that guitar... Hmmm...

Some of those discounts were insane. And I also got tempted by that damien model. Not that I could play it better than my Dean. It's just a really nice looking and better guitar. But figure I should be able to find comparable deals down the road, hopefully;).

Right now, I'm a little more focused on finding a HSC and Amazon has one for $40. Just hate to buy it only to find out my guitar won't fit
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_MI_2

#455 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

Does anyone know if when musiciansfreind does a price match. Will they let you get the guitar in a different color than the price match. Also can you use online codes when doing a price match order over the phone?

#456 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Amazon gave me a app recommendation of "Ultimate Guitar Tabs & tools".
http://www.amazon.co...24725012&sr=8-1
It's currently down to $4.99 instead of 7.99
Anyone have experience with it and is it worth a buy?

Also saw that the Schecter Damien got knocked down a little more. It's at $265 as of a few minutes ago

#457 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

Also saw that the Schecter Damien got knocked down a little more. It's at $265 as of a few minutes ago

Damn you. Now I really am going to have to buy some Kindle GCs at BB... That seems like a much better deal than the Shaun Morgan edition at $600...

Currently Playing:

#458 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Right now, I'm a little more focused on finding a HSC and Amazon has one for $40. Just hate to buy it only to find out my guitar won't fit
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_MI_2

I have that EXACT case. My Tele is in it. It's a pretty generic layout inside - just a middle placed gear storage and a neck cutout. The bottom and top are just open, so it should house ANY electric guitar.

Currently Playing:

#459 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

I still haven't purchased this game yet. Waiting for a more bigger permanent price drop

#460 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

I'd grab that Damien special edition before it gets on slick deals

#461 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

I bought the game via Amazon Warehouse yesterday. $35.99. I saw others come back in at that price, so keep checking.

#462 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

My dad is letting me borrow his schecter for RockSmith. I'm a noob but from what i can tell it plays great alone and with the game.

#463 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

Man i researched that damien crimson and decided to pull the trigger... along with that HSC and strings and picks and a copy of rocksmith on the 360. Expensive purchase and i even signed up for the amazon store card to be able to afford it. I really hope this thing doesnt just end up sitting in my closet collecting dust... haha

#464 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

Anyone think the bestbuy exclusive is worth it, given that you must put up with the bb branding throughout that version?

#465 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

I have that EXACT case. My Tele is in it. It's a pretty generic layout inside - just a middle placed gear storage and a neck cutout. The bottom and top are just open, so it should house ANY electric guitar.

Thanks crazedracer. Have about 80credit at Amazon, so I'll put in an order

Damn you. Now I really am going to have to buy some Kindle GCs at BB... That seems like a much better deal than the Shaun Morgan edition at $600...

I'd grab that Damien special edition before it gets on slick deals

Man i researched that damien crimson and decided to pull the trigger... along with that HSC and strings and picks and a copy of rocksmith on the 360. Expensive purchase and i even signed up for the amazon store card to be able to afford it. I really hope this thing doesnt just end up sitting in my closet collecting dust... haha

Man, you guys are killing me. I really dig the look of the Schecter, which is why I keep checking it. But have NO justifiable reason to buy.

Someone tell me I have to buy it. I need someone to blame the purchase on:lol:

#466 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

I bought as a 2nd guitar to my les Paul to keep in a lower tuning

#467 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

Me too, rbarb4. Although, I'll have to wait until Monday if I buy it. I purposely did not go to Best Buy today to convert credit in order to think about it.

#468 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

Merry Christmas!

Rocksmith is still holding @ $59.99 on Amazon:D
Target starts a sale on Monday for $69.99:-s
And Bestbuy is back at MSRP#-o

The Schecter Damien hit the #1 seller in the musical instrument section for Amazon. Wonder how many they have lying around since I just noticed it's supposed to be an Amazon exclusive model (probably because of the inlay work). Must... resist... purchase...

EDIT: Posted by E-Z-B=>Anyone think the bestbuy exclusive is worth it, given that you must put up with the bb branding throughout that version?

The BB branding shows up in the game's guitar shop. It's pretty irrelevant, unless you really despise seeing BB in the game. But if you get the normal version, the BB branding gets replaced with Guitar Center branding. So pick your poison.

Edited by rbarba4, 25 December 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#469 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

So I'm an experienced player for years and play by ear very well. Where I struggle is solos by ear, and typically need to see the tabs in complex solos.

Will I find this game boring?

#470 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

I don't think so. I had a VERY accomplished player jump on it last night and he had a blast.

#471 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

Someone on the slickdeals forum posted that the Damien has the same neck as the Schecter Hot Rod 39... i googled that and i guess it was a guitar center limited edition promo. He is right though... he is going to call Schecter and get more details on the Damien Amazon exclusive. I'm kind of curious to read more information on this thing... i hope Amazon didnt buy up remaining hot rod 39 stock and make a frankenstein guitar to sell as an "exclusive" model or anything. Haha

#472 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

That neck design is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on that guitar, to be honest.

#473 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Because?

#474 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

Because?

I should have said "the design on the neck." I'm not sure why I don't like it, I just don't.

#475 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

Aw Man. Amazon's just toying with me now.

They dropped the Damien again. It's now $239

#476 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

Aw Man. Amazon's just toying with me now.

They dropped the Damien again. It's now $239

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU...

That's it. I'm buying this bitch tomorrow.

Currently Playing:

#477 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

WTF?

Can i get them to price match this for me?

My order hasn't even shipped yet... grrr

#478 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

Argh. If Jermichael Finley and Julio Jones score more than Colston and Kasay, I'm buying this sucker. ;)

Screw it, I think I'm buying it anyway.

#479 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:43 AM

Amazon DID adjust the price on this for me from $265 to $238 for anyone that's wondering... if you already bought it go ahead and give em a call :)

#480 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

So the Schecter Damien on Amazon would be a very good beginner guitar? Wonder if it'll drop further? Noticed the deal on SD first and now Im here for some advice.