Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3366 replies to this topic

#2101 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

For bassists, Best Buy has GHS Boomers .045-.100 gauge 4-string sets for $10 right now, which stacks with the buy 3 get 1 free strings sale, making them $7.50 a pop when you buy 4 at a time. Not huge but then again I rarely see bass strings on sale to begin with. Only available in store right now though...

http://www.bestbuy.c...rings&cp=1&lp=2

#2102 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have been interested in learning the guitar for a while now, also the piano, but that is not really related. I think I may pick this up and just steal one of my brothers guitars which they do not even use anymore.

#2103 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

For bassists, Best Buy has GHS Boomers .045-.100 gauge 4-string sets for $10 right now, which stacks with the buy 3 get 1 free strings sale, making them $7.50 a pop when you buy 4 at a time. Not huge but then again I rarely see bass strings on sale to begin with. Only available in store right now though...

http://www.bestbuy.c...rings&cp=1&lp=2

Pretty good deal, but I don't need so many bass strings.
Too bad they don't have other string types. Coulda gone for some flats and half-wounds to go with those rounds. Get a bit of variety

#2104 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Unfortunately no lefty bundle but no worries, got my own instead and just bought the game separately.

#2105 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Unfortunately no lefty bundle but no worries, got my own instead and just bought the game separately.

Yeah, RS was never released with a lefty-guitar bundle. They're just trying to reinforce how very wrooong you are to play backwards;)

But, hey congrats man. Hope you find it as much fun as a bunch of us. And if you want a RS community vibe, head over to UBI's official RS forum: bunch of good people over there too.

Kinda thought of trying some RS challenge here on CAG, but don't have the time to manage it and doubt I could do better than what's already out there.

ANYONE wanna try to put together a CAG RS challenge? Personally hate the UBI forum; real slow compared to CAG and I check here more often anyway.

#2106 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Time to clear out the weeds cuz it's
New DLC Day!!!

*Float On - Modest Mouse
*Get Free - The Vines
*The Good Left Undone - Rise Against

#2107 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Float On is the only song I know from Modest Mouse. I tried to listen to a few others, but it just wasn't for me. That said, I bet it is a real fun tune to learn to play, so I think I'll get it.

#2108 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Love the mouse!

Float on is not my favorite song of theirs but its probably the only one that will ever be in a game :D

#2109 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hey are there any sites similar to cheapazzgamer for music gear that you guys frequent?

I just bought a goth Thuderbird bass on ebay so I can try out the bass mode.

#2110 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

Here is one of the better sites I check on a lot. They make a new thread each month to keep it manageable.

www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/Apr-2013-Great-Deals-Thread-READTHIS-gt-gt-gt-NoSpamAllowed-lt/td-p/34868821/page/2

#2111 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Snagged one of these last night:

Posted Image

Can't wait to play through my tube amp a little today...

I'm REALLY gonna miss Best Buy's music deals when they're gone...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#2112 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

Snagged one of these last night:

Posted Image

Can't wait to play through my tube amp a little today...

I'm REALLY gonna miss Best Buy's music deals when they're gone...

That was like half off or something right? There's still a ton of low-mid end stuff in multiple Best Buys around me that are 30-35% off, just waiting for one more price drop to the fire sale levels late last year before I snag a bunch of stuff. If the MI section closes down before that happens though I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much.

#2113 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

That was like half off or something right? There's still a ton of low-mid end stuff in multiple Best Buys around me that are 30-35% off, just waiting for one more price drop to the fire sale levels late last year before I snag a bunch of stuff. If the MI section closes down before that happens though I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much.

It was 367.99. I've seen it lower - hello music had it in their daily deals for 349 after coupon code and shipping, but the deal went away before I had the cash.

The deals they have now aren't so great, but the guy last night said he thought they would shut the mi store down soon. If the prices got down to last Novembers prices, I'd probably scratch up the cash to get a couple more Fenders. Otherwise, not so much.

#2114 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Float on is not my favorite song of theirs but its probably the only one that will ever be in a game :D

Float on is really the only one of the bunch that I was most interested in. The others were cool, just not cool enough that I would buy'em.
Probably gonna skip the weekly challenge from the RS forum, so may DL this and give it a go.

Hey are there any sites similar to cheapazzgamer for music gear that you guys frequent?

I just bought a goth Thuderbird bass on ebay so I can try out the bass mode.

Congrats on the bass:beer:
I switch it up every now and then to keep things fresh. But gotta say that there are some songs where it feels more like I'm "button-mashing" than playing bass.
Probably just my noobness showing:-P

And yeah, HC forum usually has a good deals thread. You could also try slickdeals and search for guitar. Keep an eye out for threads by LinuxCrew; he tends to find the better deals.

Aside from that, ya gotta check individual sites: musiciansfriend, guitarcenter, music123, worldmusicsupply, americanmusical, hellomusic, goingtoday. It's just that deals have been poor since the new year.:cry:
Shame since I remember finding stuff throughout all of last year; Hellomusic being the biggest letdown from a year ago, for me anyway.
If it wasn't a deal on the RS software, there would be a deal on gear. Kept things moving

It was 367.99. I've seen it lower - hello music had it in their daily deals for 349 after coupon code and shipping, but the deal went away before I had the cash.

The deals they have now aren't so great, but the guy last night said he thought they would shut the mi store down soon. If the prices got down to last Novembers prices, I'd probably scratch up the cash to get a couple more Fenders. Otherwise, not so much.

Nice find. Think I remember seeing the same model at my local shop. Only it was pretty beat up so didn't give it much thought.

I'll hate to see the MI depts go, if only because I'm sure they'll drop a car stereo unit in the same spot. And there's usually one a-hole in there proving his douchyness by cranking the volume waaay up:roll:

#2115 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

25 bucks at best buy daily deal guitar and bass version

#2116 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Smoking deal at bestbuy: http://www.bestbuy.c...smith&lp=1&cp=1

#2117 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

25 bucks at best buy daily deal guitar and bass version

+

Smoking deal at bestbuy: http://www.bestbuy.c...smith&lp=1&cp=1

Damn that's a killer deal:hot:
Too bad it's only for one day. Better act fast if you want in.
Also a good way to get yourself the bass content and an extra cable.

And if we get any new players looking for guitar choices, go to the First Post for a sorta road map to guitar advice.
We got alot of help early on from other CAGs and the OP has the post# you can skip to

Probably worth reviving some old guitar deals too:
Washburn RX10 for $110 only metallic grey (other colors are 150)
http://www.worldmusi...allic-Grey.html
Gladiator lb for $80 (white or black)
http://www.musicfact...lectric_Guitars

And good chance we'll see other guitar deals around Memorial Day

#2118 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Well, now I finally have the game. I just have to figure out what guitar/bass to get!

Do new instruments usually come stringed, or am I going to have to figure out how to do all of that?

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#2119 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Well, now I finally have the game. I just have to figure out what guitar/bass to get!

Do new instruments usually come stringed, or am I going to have to figure out how to do all of that?

They'll come stringed - and probably close enough to tune with RS and go.

Eventually, it's nice to get a music store to set it up and get new strings on it, the action set, etc... but it's more important to just start playing a bit.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#2120 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

I jumped on 2 copies for the $25 each. REALLY bummed that its in store only and its a bit of a trip for me. But I say its worth it. Always kind of regretted not getting it when it was $30 on Amazon. Price on both the game and cable have stayed pretty solid. I figured I'm best off picking up the cable and game bundle seeing how expensive an extra cable goes for.

#2121 PAULINK

PAULINK

Woah, I can edit this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Oh for Fuck sake, I was not meant to have money this month.
Posted Image

#2122 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

I see a lot of posts about guitars, but I'm really just looking to play bass.
Never owned or purchased a guitar besides the Rock Band Squier. Thing is I play Lefty, so I find it hard to come across entry level left handed bass guitars. Seems like such an oddity. :/

Any links pointing me in the right direction is helpful. :D

#2123 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Should be fine to start.
But wouldn't hurt to google "string changes" and "intonation". It'll come in handy down the road;) Plus you never know if a string breaks in shipping

Never owned or purchased a guitar besides the Rock Band Squier. Thing is I play Lefty, so I find it hard to come across entry level left handed bass guitars. Seems like such an oddity. :/

Rondomusic is really the only place I've come across that has reasonable prices for anything LEFTY. Here are their lefty bass guitars:
http://www.rondomusi...m/BassLeft.html.
You can use some info in this post to get a better feel for the quality of the stuff they sell.
http://www.cheapassg...0&postcount=642
And best place I've found to research Bass guitars in general is www.talkbass.com

Know that guitarfetish has bass guitars now, but I think they're all righty models.
Monoprice is going to start carrying bass, but I'm sure they'll be righty just like the electrics

#2124 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Im a lefty too.

#2125 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Well check it out... all you new Rocksmithies just bought the game and get to experience your first taste of new DLC.

Just don't let Clubber Lang know that it's a
New DLC Day!!!
*Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
*Here Comes Your Man - The Pixies
*White Wedding - Billy Idol

#2126 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

Couple of acoustic electric guitar deals on Amazon. Price'll probably jump after the first purchase so act fast if you like it.
Jay Turser trans-red @ $52.xx
http://www.amazon.co...7565301&sr=1-15
Jay Turser tobacco sunburst @ $97.xx
http://www.amazon.co...7565301&sr=1-12
Fairly big discounts from street price for both. But I know very little about acoustics so you'll hafta wait for someone else to advise.

#2127 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the rondo music link I went and put in an order!
I can't seem to find the holiday pack in the store. But I think they are actually on the disc. I'm not sure.

I'm wondering about the packs listed on wikipedia. I only see packs that are of the same artist. Also what happened to that massive 15 song pack or whatever. I remember seeing it around when the bass upgrade came out.

Besides that, have Rocksmith songs ever been discounted on consoles?

#2128 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thanks for the rondo music link I went and put in an order!
I can't seem to find the holiday pack in the store. But I think they are actually on the disc. I'm not sure.

I'm wondering about the packs listed on wikipedia. I only see packs that are of the same artist. Also what happened to that massive 15 song pack or whatever. I remember seeing it around when the bass upgrade came out.

Besides that, have Rocksmith songs ever been discounted on consoles?

You an find the holiday pack on the Rocksmith Complete track listing. It's closer to the bottom, right next to the Megadeth pack. Or, yes it can be found in-game as well.

As far as the packs go, they are only a "pack" (i.e. discounted) if they are 3 or more songs by the same artist. This had me confused for a while too because if you look at the Rocksmith website it groups songs together in threes and names them. It's too bad they don't bother to discount them. The 15 or so song mega bundles were limited time sales. I personally disliked the way they chose to do it since I already had songs from each bundle, rendering any discount null.

And other than the mega packs I've never seen a sale on Xbox for sure and I don't think on ps3 since last January at least. It seems like the only way to get a discount is to buy points on sale. I found a 4000 point card for ~$39 and bought a bunch of packs. I've been mostly happy with my dlc purchases.

#2129 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Returned the Line 6 HD500 to my local store. Tones were great, but I figured I could justify the HD300 better price wise... Walked in on a whim yesterday and the had the HD500 I had brought back out on the shelf as an open box for about 60 bucks less. Went from a $367 purchase to a $302 purchase. I bought the damn thing back :)

#2130 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Damn it, I saw "Billy" in the thread title and hoped it was the song "Billy" by Bad Religion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rocksmith, Rocksmith 2014, Guitar, Bass, real guitar, real bass