Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals ** New DLC Day! - BachSmith - 5 songs for 5 bucks, what are you waiting for **

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3631 replies to this topic

#1321 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Please God, allow Samash to sell out of the 70's tribute Les Paul Silverbursts... They keep tempting me and I am losing my resistance.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#1322 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Wow... Super Rush Pack hit today for the
New DLC Day!!!
*Headlong Flight -Rush
*Limelight - Rush
*Red Barchetta - Rush
*Subdivisions - Rush
*Tom Sawyer - Rush
*YYZ - Rush

Gamestop killed the Rocksmith sale, but Amazon still has the new version for $60 (who knows how long w/out the competition). And Target-online shows that Rocksmith qualifies for the Buy 1, Get 1at50%off
http://www.target.co...|all categories

Now for some guitar deals:
World Music Supply has the Washburn RX12 on sale. Various colors available and there's also one Floyd Rose trem model. Prices range from $105-120
http://www.worldmusi...p=washburn rx12
American Musical has the Gibson Les Paul Junior on sale as their Weekly Big Deal for $499.95; pretty nice substitute if you missed the Sam Ash deals
http://www.americanm...eeklydeals.aspx
Link shows the gloss yellow model, but click thru and you'll see the satin cherry model is also on sale.
And if you've collected a few pedals along the way, their Daily deal is for the Gator G-bone pedal board for $40 (looks like it comes with a power supply)
http://www.americanm...Feeds/Ndnd.aspx
Not too bad if you don't mind the red carry bag

Washburn Electric Bass T14B Black Guitar $140 after $40 coupon code WorldMusicSupply.com

Will be part of their Black Friday specials. Use the following coupon code to get $40 off:

zebsbass

http://www.worldmusi...r-in-Black.html

That's a nice deal.

Urgh...wondering if I should buy the bass DLC or the new boxed version with the bass included. I'd have to sell my used one tho.

Does anyone think it will drop lower than $60 during Black Friday?

Real slim chance but you never know. RS is the only UBI title I can think of that never took the steep price plunge that's so common for their games

It was about this time last year that Bestbuy had the first real sale for Rocksmith. And shortly after, Guitar Center's BF ad leaked with their sale price. It'll be interesting to see if any store tries to do a Bass Bundle w/RS this year. Of course, stores will probably be more tempted to clear out the old version first

Please God, allow Samash to sell out of the 70's tribute Les Paul Silverbursts... They keep tempting me and I am losing my resistance.

:)
Almost all the 70s tributes are gone

#1323 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Shameless plunder from the BF thread but Gamestop will have the new version of the game with bass for 50 bucks on Black Friday for anyone interested. Personally I'm hoping for a Steam sale.

#1324 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Was in Bestbuy today, checking on a couple of things and saw that they still had a floor model Squier Pete Wentz bass. Only they had it on clearance at $150 (same as back in summer). Still sells in the 250-300 range at other places.
Since it's not on their website, you'll most likely have to hunt in person to see if they have any in stock. It'll probably help if the store has music section. Also saw a Schecter Raiden 4-string bass for $140 (sells around 180). YMMV for either deal.

And Black Friday instrument deals are starting to leak. Someone on SD got a mailer. Can't find the thread over there, but remember seeing Epi LP jr guitars in sunburst or black for $90 (ok, not killer). And the Fender g-dec3 Thirty amp for $100:hot:. Good in-store only

Over on HC someone posted that Sam Ash is gonna sell the PrS se245 guitar at $360 (black or white):hot:, in-store. Thought this was great choice when the website had a red fm top around 500, early in the year. That white one is oddly sexy:drool:
(Still crazy how fast they sold thru those 70s models)

Psybuster already posted Gamestop's BF deal for Rocksmith. But remember to watch Amazon too. Good chance they'll PM gamestop's deal. Think that's how it all went down during last year's Black Friday

EDIT: D'oh! Forgot to mention that Guitar Center is starting their own guitar string club. You sign up in-store
http://www.guitarcen...&source=4TP2LDB
Pricing seems screwy though. At the top of the screen it says 20 gets you strings for a year, which is fine if you get fresh strings each month. But down below it says they'll charge 5 bucks each month. Already have a healthy stash so I'm not gonna look into it further

Edited by rbarba4, 16 November 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#1325 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Bought this months ago because I stumbled upon a brand new guitar. Damn guitar is really hard. My hand is all fucked up from playing it. I think I'm going to quit cuz I don't want to deal with carpal tunnel or anything. Had some serious numbness in my hands from too much videos games 2 years ago and I can feel it coming back from playing rocksmith. Wonderful game though.

#1326 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Bought this months ago because I stumbled upon a brand new guitar. Damn guitar is really hard. My hand is all fucked up from playing it. I think I'm going to quit cuz I don't want to deal with carpal tunnel or anything. Had some serious numbness in my hands from too much videos games 2 years ago and I can feel it coming back from playing rocksmith. Wonderful game though.

Yup, real hard at first and gets easier with practice. But it sounds like you're putting in too much time with it

Maybe try stretching out your fingers and hands. And cutting back playing to an hour/day or something. Good luck with that.

Oh and Fuck yeah it's AWESOME!!! \m/

#1327 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

The GC Strings Club is kinda weird. What's supposed to happen is you pay 20 bucks up front, they give you a card with $5 on it that you can spend only on strings. Every month the balance on the card resets to $5 for a year (well 11 months plus the initial $5 on the card). So basically you have to go into the store and pick up strings every month or you'll end up wasting those funds because the card never carries more than $5 in credit. The fine print part is just saying that you're only getting $5/month; if the strings you want cost more than you have to pay the difference. It's not a terrible deal but it's likely a move to try to get you in the door to buy more stuff, and probably not a good use of time/gas.

#1328 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Got my second guitar on Wednesday. Its an old 87 ibanez rg570 the paint and hardware was in almost perfect condition. Plays real nice I just wish I would have more time to play.

What is the one song that you think helped you improve the most? Im thinking sweet home Alabama would be challanging yet fun to play.

When is master mode for a song triggered? I think it is close on one of my favorite songs. But the way people said it stays permanently master mode. I don't want that to happen if true.

I wish I had a sam ash near me that semi hollow prs looks super nice. Just wish the se 245 came in tobacco burst at that price.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1329 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

mr_burnzz

What might help is getting one of thosd exercise balls with the finger strings. That or like I do put a couple rubber bands around your finger tips and exercise opening your hand. Helps ballance your hand strength and increase blood flow.

#1330 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

What is the one song that you think helped you improve the most? Im thinking sweet home Alabama would be challanging yet fun to play.

When is master mode for a song triggered? I think it is close on one of my favorite songs. But the way people said it stays permanently master mode. I don't want that to happen if true.

Sweet Home Alabama is pretty challenging. Most important is picking a song you like. The songs I REALLY like on the game, I have 40+ playthroughs and have them down by heart... Some I have 2 plays across 3 arrangements. Doesn't matter what you learn if you hate the song.

Master mode for a song is triggered when you have unlocked the song 100% (all blocks to the top) and then score 100,000 without leveling down any blocks during the playthrough.

Currently Playing:
Rocksmith 2014

Titanfall, Forza 5

#1331 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Oh ok didn't get that close I thought it was 90k or something. I just wish they would put more blues type songs in there like the one cream song. I was really hoping for an on disk track pack. All the bass content does is make me want to buy a bass.

#1332 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

The GC Strings Club is kinda weird. What's supposed to happen is you pay 20 bucks up front, they give you a card with $5 on it that you can spend only on strings. Every month the balance on the card resets to $5 for a year (well 11 months plus the initial $5 on the card). So basically you have to go into the store and pick up strings every month or you'll end up wasting those funds because the card never carries more than $5 in credit. The fine print part is just saying that you're only getting $5/month; if the strings you want cost more than you have to pay the difference. It's not a terrible deal but it's likely a move to try to get you in the door to buy more stuff, and probably not a good use of time/gas.

I had considered posting about the string club a couple of weeks ago when I got the email but couldn't decide if it was really a deal or not. It's got it's pros and cons for sure. Basically for $20 you get $60 in credit towards whatever strings you want but ONLY in $5 increments on a monthly basis. I don't like that they expire. I just know I wouldn't make it in every month, as the only GC is about an hour away. I'd probably lose half my credits. Now if they had rollover balances, I'd be in.

Edited by jsivley, 17 November 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#1333 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

The one thing I really wish this game had was a way to turn off the game part and make it just a practice tool. Like being able to practice scales without a score so I would not have to be stopped every minute to pick the controller back up to restart it again.

That way you could just keep on playing as long as you wanted. That or like having a rift repeater on an endless loop. So you could play without all the jaring starts and stops.

#1334 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

The one thing I really wish this game had was a way to turn off the game part and make it just a practice tool.

Go into options. Turn off song sound. This might help you out.

#1335 guessed

guessed

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Not sure if this is YMMV, but I was at Walmart this morning, and they had both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the Guitar-only game+cable for $19.96 each. I wasn't able to find it at Sears the other day (Sears in my area are now few and far between, not worth the gas to check the next closest one), so I picked it up. Are there any significant differences between the PS3 and 360 versions?
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#1336 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Are there any significant differences between the PS3 and 360 versions?

The 360 is the superior version. Even after the patches, there are some freeze issues with the PS3 version.

Currently Playing:
Rocksmith 2014

Titanfall, Forza 5

#1337 guessed

guessed

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

The 360 is the superior version. Even after the patches, there are some freeze issues with the PS3 version.

Thanks.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#1338 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

If someone wants to try instore pickup. Bestbuy is selling roland 30x cube amp for 87 normal price 200 and 250 on amazon. Its being discontinued for a refresh of the line with more effects like loops. Amazing price I got at the only store in my area that had any.

http://www.bestbuy.c...9&skuId=8105757

30 Watts and 10" speaker

#1339 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

mr_burnzz

What might help is getting one of thosd exercise balls with the finger strings. That or like I do put a couple rubber bands around your finger tips and exercise opening your hand. Helps ballance your hand strength and increase blood flow.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing some exercises but I think I just need to play a little less. I will have to try both. Probably going to have to give it up though if the discomfort continues. It's crazy not being able to feel sensations in your hand.

#1340 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Some Black Friday info. Both SamAsh and Guitar Center sent me emails to their BF sales. But only Samash included a link, so here ya go:
SamAsh BF-in store http://www.samashmus...lack-friday.asp
The PRS is still my fav of their deals. But also look at the Epi LPjr deal. It's 10 bucks more than GC's deal but it's for the white and cherry models

And zZounds also sent an email that they're blowing out their stock of Gibson LP juniors from $500-550 (their sister site, AMS, had'em on sale last week). Includes both p90 or humbucker models.
Two links for some reason
#1 http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLSH
#2 http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLS90

Going back to GC's string club, I can see it being worthwhile if you wanna experiment with different brands. And you remember to get in there every month. Looks to be good for acoustics as well

Got my second guitar on Wednesday.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congrats man :beer:
And that red guitar looks familiar;) (I got one too!)

#1341 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Got a surprise email today. Amazon has the amott tyrant bloodstorm guitar I ordered months ago. Totally forgot about it looks like I have a third guitar now.

#1342 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Got a surprise email today. Amazon has the amott tyrant bloodstorm guitar I ordered months ago. Totally forgot about it looks like I have a third guitar now.

Yes! Me too. Wasn't really expecting it to go through since its been so long, but I'll take it.

http://www.amazon.co...wms_ohs_product

For reference(Was $299 at time of order, due to Amazon matching another 3rd party who was listing them wrong/shipping different version - so really a steal)

#1343 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yeah it was like a what the heck I will order one it will probably get canceled anyways.

I made a promise to myself I would only buy two guitars over the holidays. Since I ordered it months ago I don't think I will count this one.

#1344 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

I told my wife i would sell one of my guitars if it goes through. I'll prob just say it was my birthday present from her now =]

#1345 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Yes! Me too. Wasn't really expecting it to go through since its been so long, but I'll take it.

http://www.amazon.co...wms_ohs_product

For reference(Was $299 at time of order, due to Amazon matching another 3rd party who was listing them wrong/shipping different version - so really a steal)

Mine is still backordered. Ordered on Sept. 27

#1346 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

I ordered on 19th.

#1347 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

I ordered my guitar on sept 21 with a due date of december 3rd.

#1348 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

There is a nice deal on a fender amp 99 from 199. The same as guitarcenters black Friday price.

www.music123.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-pawn-shop-special-greta-2w-1x4-tube-guitar-combo-amp

#1349 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

To anyone who missed out on that shecter damien deal last year. Amazon is going to have a lightning deal on them. Maybe it will be down to 250 again who knows.

http://m.slickdeals....ampaign=tu-9999

#1350 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Where do you see this scheduled for a lightning deal?
Posted Image