Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3581 replies to this topic

#1621 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Schecter damien elite with emg in dark metalic blue $269.99 - $230 after additional 15% off

www.amazon.com/Schecter-Damien-Elite-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0033AHV8I/ref=sr_1_10?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1356199705&sr=1-10

Anyone know anything about this guitar? I've been looking at some stuff online about it and it sounds like a pretty solid deal at this price.

#1622 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

It's like the Damien special that people rave about only with a different neck inlay and color, while being cheaper. If the special piqued your interest at all and you like the color by all means go for it.

#1623 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Its a great guitar maybe a medium thick neck. Good tuners and bridge. For the price I doubt you wil find anything better especially if your into metal. Its mahogany so its got a darker sound and has a real nice weight to it. I would buy one but I got last years model already.

Here if you want to know what it sounds like

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nVUW1wgTbc

#1624 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

The other schecter alternative would be this. Its a ways more money and passive humbuckers. It does have coil splitting so you can get more of a single coil sound.

www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-2011-c-1-standard-electric-guitar/584529000966000

Still think the damien is a better deal. So I would go with that. If you are not in a rush they will be having year end blow outs soon so another wave of deals coming. Really at that price its hard to go wrong unless there is something you have in mind like a les paul or stratocaster type setup.

#1625 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

If you are still not sure what you want here is a really good video. He breaks down a fender and gibson on how they play and sound. Might give you a better idea of what you may like.

#1626 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Never called in for any price matches, though I probably should. Do they want CC info and everything over the phone too? Coupons still applicable?

#1627 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Never called in for any price matches, though I probably should. Do they want CC info and everything over the phone too? Coupons still applicable?

I paid my CC for my Music123 match over the phone. It took a while, but a 90%+ discount was worth it :)

Edited by crazedracerguy, 23 December 2012 - 07:45 PM.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1628 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, they do. But if you've ordered thru'em before, they'll verify some info and ask if you wanna use what's saved on your account.

Coupons may not apply if you're already getting a PM deal. Usually one or the other. Stacking glitch got killed when people cryed that they couldn't abuse the glitch:roll:

And looks like most of the 'zon Schecters jumped back up. Hopefully everyone got in, that wanted one. Still see a couple bass deals and the white PT.

#1629 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

M123 might be getting tired of PM'ing Amazon:lol:.

Called in to PM this strap
http://www.amazon.co... leathers glove
To their stock
http://www.music123....ove-leather-pad
Took a while and they limited me to 2 straps (wanted 3), but got two tobacco straps for $6.xx shipped (from $90). Not scorching hot but not bad either;). BTW, 'zon also has the black & chocolate brown straps heavily discounted.

And there's this 2.5" model to PM
but not as big a discount as the other models

Skipped the triglide straps thinking I was good from the summer blowout. But hell, alwaysgood to have some extras

EDIT: Hey, anyone else having issues accessing CAG during the last couple of days? getting a bunch of failure to load page. Usually happens to me if there are server problems or if my anti-virus software is noticing something from the site. Just wondering if I'm the only one

#1630 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Trying to decide on those myself. Got amazon retail match on the tri glide and 3.60 on the padded. Either try to get mf to match the tri or just buy a bunch of the cheap paded ones.

Pay twice and get money back or pay half and a more comforable strap.

Makes you wonder about the markup on some of these things. For a $380 set of gibson classic 57 I got a price match for $170.

Edited by drastion, 24 December 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#1631 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Trying to decide on those myself. Got amazon retail match on the tri glide and 3.60 on the padded. Either try to get mf to match the tri or just buy a bunch of the cheap paded ones.

Pay twice and get money back or pay half and a more comforable strap.

Yeah, I'd rather pay less upfront, than force a future purchase just to avoid losing the gc amounts.

Might felt different if MF hadn't capped the GC's at 100

#1632 DaDillsta

DaDillsta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Is there any amazing deals on the cable or a way to get it cheap. I want to play it on the PC maybe this Winter or when it goes on sale at Amazon, but the cable being $30 kind of defeats the purpose. I really wish they just allowed input through the soundcard.

#1633 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Is there any amazing deals on the cable or a way to get it cheap. I want to play it on the PC maybe this Winter or when it goes on sale at Amazon, but the cable being $30 kind of defeats the purpose. I really wish they just allowed input through the soundcard.

Best option is to find the old version on clearance at Sears or Walmart. The cable works across all platforms

#1634 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Yeah, I'd rather pay less upfront, than force a future purchase just to avoid losing the gc amounts.

Might felt different if MF hadn't capped the GC's at 100

Its not the gift cards that are capped at $100. It is the items that are capped. So you can get cards worth more than $100. It would just need to be from multiple items.

Funny how people try to work it like with that headphone deal.Buy $20 headphone get $40 gift card. So people try to buy loads of them to seel on ebay and get gift cards. Don't think it took too long for them to catch onto that though.

Edited by drastion, 24 December 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#1635 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Does anyone know when best buy updates their dlc of there store? They sent me a $5 gift card and wanted to download the pantera set. It just isn't on there site yet.

#1636 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Its not the gift cards that are capped at $100. It is the items that are capped. So you can get cards worth more than $100. It would just need to be from multiple items.

Funny how people try to work it like with that headphone deal.Buy $20 headphone get $40 gift card. So people try to buy loads of them to seel on ebay and get gift cards. Don't think it took too long for them to catch onto that though.

Sorry, meant to say the item PM cap.

But think the Sam Ash blowout on Gibsons had a bigger effect. They a had a few different models selling at 300-600 below MF prices. So MF ends up selling the guitar at a big drop then give out another big chunk on a GC. Not long before you start chaining deals together. Whoa, just had flashbacks to the old Kmart coupon deals:lol:

Only way they come out ahead is if people fail to use those GC amounts before they expire

#1637 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

The other schecter alternative would be this. Its a ways more money and passive humbuckers. It does have coil splitting so you can get more of a single coil sound.

www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-2011-c-1-standard-electric-guitar/584529000966000

Still think the damien is a better deal. So I would go with that. If you are not in a rush they will be having year end blow outs soon so another wave of deals coming. Really at that price its hard to go wrong unless there is something you have in mind like a les paul or stratocaster type setup.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't able to jump on it until they raised the price to $500. It's okay tho, because I'm sure there'll be some good deals at the years end. Would these deals most likely be through amazon as well?

#1638 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Should probably post another deal among all this talk:lol:

American Musical is selling giftcards, to their site, at a 10% discount. So a 25GC would cost $22.50 etc. And they sell'em in various amounts
http://www.americanm...ds-Certificates
Plus most won't get hit with tax or shipping

Thanks for the input. I wasn't able to jump on it until they raised the price to $500. It's okay tho, because I'm sure there'll be some good deals at the years end. Would these deals most likely be through amazon as well?

Don't know if there'll be more Schecter drops after X-mas.

But take from me, you'll have other chances if you're patient and not too picky about any particular model. I should know#-o

#1639 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

If anyone's already PMed to Musician's Friend could you let me know whether the gift certificates are applied to your account automatically or are you given coupon codes to use with the value of the 50% difference? The whole cannot be combined with other offers bit is confusing me on whether they mean at the time of price match or time of certificate redemption (or both). Just wanting to know to decide whether I should aim for MF or M123; wish I wasn't so busy/lazy to do this beforehand because I would've loved some DR neon strings and those wide leather straps on the cheap.

What's the tri-glide straps BTW? Also by Perri's Leathers?

#1640 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

bought a Fender MIJ jaguar Special HH

Hey Crazed,

This the same model as yours?
http://www.americanm...SP-FEN259200306
If it is, you made out like a bandit.

Congrats again :applause:

#1641 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hey Crazed,

That's the one...I saw one around me too but passed on it because of the American Deluxe Strat that caught my attention first.

#1642 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

If anyone's already PMed to Musician's Friend could you let me know whether the gift certificates are applied to your account automatically or are you given coupon codes to use with the value of the 50% difference? The whole cannot be combined with other offers bit is confusing me on whether they mean at the time of price match or time of certificate redemption (or both). Just wanting to know to decide whether I should aim for MF or M123; wish I wasn't so busy/lazy to do this beforehand because I would've loved some DR neon strings and those wide leather straps on the cheap.

Skipped doing MF pm's because it was soo vague at first. But others that did it said they got an email after purchase with the e-giftcard code. Arrives anywhere from 2-4 weeks later IIRC. And suppose to be treated just like cash so if ya got a few codes, you can use'em together on a order.
But someone who actually did it should speak up

Triglides were Perri's as well. They were soft leather instead of suede and had a buckle to adjust length instead of the precut slots

#1643 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

For anyone just starting out here is a nice package. All name brand stuff also. You may be able to get it all cheaper in peices if you really but to me it would seem like a big waste of effort. All you will need is strings and a guitar.

$37.72 GO-DPS EG-VPK2 Electric Guitar Accessory Pack with Gig Bag, Stand, Strap, DVD, Guitar Rest, Polish, Pick Holder, Tuner, Cable, Cloth and Picks

www.amazon.com/GO-DPS-EG-VPK2-Electric-Guitar-Accessory/dp/B009LL312S/ref=sr_1_14?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1356339387&sr=1-14

#1644 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

couple more Amazon deals ripe for PM'ing

Schecter Ultra b17 bombshell guitar at $435.54
http://www.amazon.co...6338985&sr=1-50
PM at m123 to knock it down to $374.95

Schecter Omen 5-string bass at $223.16
http://www.amazon.co...56338698&sr=1-2
PM down to $175.82

Yamaha rbx374 bass @ $202.67
http://www.amazon.co...s=yamaha rbx374
This one qualifies for additional 15% discount thru Amazon, making it $172.27
And if you wanna be a Super-CAG, try PM'ing that price;).

Alright, I'm done.

EDIT: d'oh, fixed the link on the Yamaha.

Edited by rbarba4, 24 December 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#1645 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

The restrictions are put on there to keep them an authorized dealer with many brands that restrict sale prices on their products.

You can use them on sale items, price matches and more than one at a time. Read about people buying $800 guitars with just certificates.

Honestly unless you are buying some high dollar items or crazy discounts where you cand get more in certificates then you spend its easier just to go for the music123 discount.

Besides the certificate deal I think ends today. The rep wasn't quite sure if it was going to be extened or not.

Also they all expire on January 31 so if you get yours in two weeks from now you wont have a ton of time to decide what you want and sales will be a bit slim after the year end blow out.

So make sure you already know what you are going to do with them when you get them.

Edited by drastion, 24 December 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#1646 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Lol...are their call reps available 24/7 to try right now? If not I dunno if I'd risk waiting, only takes two sales for the Yamaha bass to likely get sent back up in price given its current stock of 4.

#1647 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

The night crew shuts down 1am central. No idea when the open. I work nights so I go to sleep when everyone else is getting up.

#1648 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

A great deal on a super nice stand $17.99

www.buy.com/prod/hercules-gs414bn-guitar-stand-with-free-neck-cradle/234077565.html

These for just the stand are $50 at musiciansfriend for the stand alone. They were $25 on black Friday and this one is cheaper and comes with a neck rest to make string changing easier. I bought two on black Friday and another today. Strong thick steel and super sturdy. Also it holds the guitar by the neck. So it will hold any shap guitar including all those funky bc riches.

#1649 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hey Crazed,

That's the one...I saw one around me too but passed on it because of the American Deluxe Strat that caught my attention first.

Yeah. Plays beautifully... WTH, Psybuster... You didn't buy both? I couldn't pass on this or the American Tele. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of a return trip to get that Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40W Tube Amp for $327, too... Crazy deals. Just crazy.

Currently Playing:

#1650 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

You can use them on sale items, price matches and more than one at a time. Read about people buying $800 guitars with just certificates.

Honestly unless you are buying some high dollar items or crazy discounts where you cand get more in certificates then you spend its easier just to go for the music123 discount.

See - this is what I did with the Fuzz Pedal and the straps and picks. I will get enough to get the Jag case I want... So I spent $80 and got the pedal, 3 straps and picks... but I get $130 of GCs that I will use to get my case :)

Currently Playing: