Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3620 replies to this topic

#1441 patsrule316

patsrule316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Cool...Our second Xbox is the old model without an HDMI, so I will plug the audio into a stereo instead of the TV and just play on that one. That way, I don't have to undo the HDMI on our main Xbox.

Thanks for the info!

#1442 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I just bought one of those Legacy guitars that were talked about way back. The white strat model is $79.99 today. A link in case anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.co...cy guitar white

I know it's not going to be great, but my hopes are to eventually put on a loaded pickguard from either dragonfire or gfs, possibly change the nut and tuners.

#1443 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Crazedracerguy do you recall whether the current Fender 25/50/100 off promo applied to your Jaguar purchase?

#1444 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

If you need a 4x12 speaker cab with Celestion speakers, go to M123. They have a Randall cab for $250
http://www.music123....12t-75-speakers

Plan to win Powerball tonight. Will post pics of my new guitar after that.

That's not how you win Powerball. Ya gotta commit to it by buying the guitar first;).
Here, let me help you with some choices:
MF's stupid deal is for the Fender FSR blacktop tele for $430
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/
Samash reloaded on those Gibson Firebird guitars @ $599
http://www.samash.co...Gig Bag_1952736
and they brought back the LP 60s tribute (p90 pups) @ $529
http://www.samash.co...Gig Bag_1465106
or go with the LP faded studio in cherry @ $529
http://www.samash.co... Gig Bag_817465

Now, where do I go for Powerball...

Guitar should be here in the morning :D

Sucks about the RS hunt. But congrats on the new guitar :beer:

I just bought one of those Legacy guitars that were talked about way back. The white strat model is $79.99 today. A link in case anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.co...cy guitar white
I know it's not going to be great, but my hopes are to eventually put on a loaded pickguard from either dragonfire or gfs, possibly change the nut and tuners.

Should turn out fine, especially if you're willing to tinker with it. Congrats :beer:

#1445 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Crazedracerguy do you recall whether the current Fender 25/50/100 off promo applied to your Jaguar purchase?

Nope - it just rang up at the clearance tag price.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1446 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Cool...Our second Xbox is the old model without an HDMI, so I will plug the audio into a stereo instead of the TV and just play on that one. That way, I don't have to undo the HDMI on our main Xbox.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah - you'll be in great shape, then. Some HDMI TVs work fine, but some are unplayable. I have one of each. I had an old audio splitter from way back that I was able to use.

Currently Playing:

#1447 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Should turn out fine, especially if you're willing to tinker with it. Congrats :beer:

Thanks. Hopefully it turn out well. I will be returning my brothers Alvarez tele now lol.

Question for anyone who may be able to help: I have an acoustic that played fine for a while. I snapped the B string right before a guitar class and had to put an electric string on it. I put a electric G on and tuned it to B, because I believe the gauge was only a difference of .1. I went out of town and left it on for a week and a half. Now that I've change the strings and went back to acoustic, I'm getting a lot of rattle on my strings from the first to third fret. The first three frets on the high E are completely dead.
I wouldn't think I got bad strings since its multiple strings. Any chance I messed up the nut? Anyone know any other things to check? Thanks for any help.

#1448 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Rocksmith new version is $49.99 at Best Buy if you claim the offer on the Reward Zone site. You also get a 20% discount off musical accessories for a year if you buy an instrument (and I assume instrument bundles/packs qualify too) for $99 or more and are a Reward Zone member. It used to require a $299+ instrument to qualify.

#1449 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Posted Image

Got my Tyrant Bloodstorm - Pretty badass if i don't say so myself.

#1450 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Found 3 copies at a local Wal Mart on clearance for 19.99 so I bought two of them.

Question, do these have a history of cords coming with shorts in them? It's entirely possible that my guitar is at fault, it's ancient, but I was just kind of curious since at the moment I don't have any way to check with a different guitar. Hopefully I can remedy that at some point this weekend though.
Friend Code: 0731-4859-4967
Posted Image

#1451 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

I loved the sound of the pickups on that bloodstorm. But I already have two metal guitars in my schecter and ibanez. So I let my friend have it along with an extra playstation 3d tv I got on black Friday. It showed me I really need to polish the frets on my other two.

On another note I got my prs se 245 today. Liking it but its neck is way different taking some getting used to. That and the rosewoods grain looks massively different than any if the guitars that I have seen. Just wish I had more time to practice. With black Friday out of the way and most of holiday shopping done hopefully get back into the swing of things.

#1452 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Posted Image

Damn. That's a badass axe. Congrats!

#1453 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Has anyone tried any good guitar teaching books. I have tried justinguitar.com. I think I need to try a more traditional aproach to make better more focused use of my time. Just seem to have hit a wall with what rocksmith can do for me.

For more experianced people on here. What part of rocksmith gave you the most improvement?

Was it simply playing a hard song untill you forced yourself to improve. I really want to get better just not sure how to go about it.

#1454 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Found 3 copies at a local Wal Mart on clearance for 19.99 so I bought two of them.

Question, do these have a history of cords coming with shorts in them? It's entirely possible that my guitar is at fault, it's ancient, but I was just kind of curious since at the moment I don't have any way to check with a different guitar. Hopefully I can remedy that at some point this weekend though.

I was confused the first time too when a guitar wasn't working on the game's tuning screen; I just had to turn the volume knob open though so the game would get enough signal lol

#1455 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Depends on what you're getting. My MIM Tele from 2004 or so is one smooth playing guitar. What you REALLY have to look out for now are things like Fender's "Modern Player" series that are made in China. There is nowhere near the quality coming out of China that there was/is in Mexico or Japan.

This is just a personal oath,

I play the bagpipes before I buy a Chinese guitar.

#1456 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Has anyone tried any good guitar teaching books. I have tried justinguitar.com. I think I need to try a more traditional aproach to make better more focused use of my time. Just seem to have hit a wall with what rocksmith can do for me.

For more experianced people on here. What part of rocksmith gave you the most improvement?

Was it simply playing a hard song untill you forced yourself to improve. I really want to get better just not sure how to go about it.

I found songs that I REALLY liked and learned the hell out of them (both Nirvana songs, Offspring "Gone Away", TDG "I Hate (Everything About You)). By them time you find a few songs that you absolutely love and work them all the way through Master Mode performances in the 200,000s, you'll be surprised how much you have learned.

I really need to find a good book on Arpeggios - that is where I really struggle. If I could get those down better, I'd be pretty damn good on an axe. It's the reason that I can't play the 3DD songs, even though they're one of my favorite groups and 2 of those songs are in my top 200 all time song list...

Currently Playing:

#1457 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

I have a friend who just bought the game a few days ago with a bad cable.

#1458 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I was confused the first time too when a guitar wasn't working on the game's tuning screen; I just had to turn the volume knob open though so the game would get enough signal lol

Had mine pegged to 10 the entire time, just seemed that the plug wasn't making a solid contact and I would have to move it around a bit to get it to connect. Even then if I moved too much while playing it would lose contact again and wouldn't register. I'm hoping that if it's the plug Ubi has a good replacement program. I'd hate to pay more for a replacement cord than I did for the game.

I have a friend who just bought the game a few days ago with a bad cable.

Let me know what he has to do to get it replaced, hopefully it's headache free.
Posted Image

#1459 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Let me know what he has to do to get it replaced, hopefully it's headache free.

He just exchanged it for a new one at GameStop. He was getting no contact at all and was about to open it up to check the soldering on the input jack

#1460 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

He just exchanged it for a new one at GameStop. He was getting no contact at all and was about to open it up to check the soldering on the input jack

I doubt that I get that lucky with Wal Mart, but we'll see.

I am still holding out that it's the old guitar, because it'd be a lot more fun to buy a new guitar rather than just get a new cord. :lol:
Posted Image

#1461 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

If they have another copy, i don't see why not. I've never had any problems exchanging items there. The first thing they ask me is if they have another copy back there. Then they bring it up front and do the exchange at customer service. I'm sure it would cost very little to fix your guitar, but it is a good excuse to buy one lol. My cheaper guitar is set to arrive today, and i already want a Mustaine Explorer haha

#1462 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

I doubt that I get that lucky with Wal Mart, but we'll see.

I am still holding out that it's the old guitar, because it'd be a lot more fun to buy a new guitar rather than just get a new cord. :lol:

Even if it's the guitar, it may be fixable. One of my guitars was having a problem making solid contact. I ended up removing the jack from the guitar and as I thought, the clip that holds the cable was bent pretty bad. After bending it back into shape, the guitar worked almost as good as new, well, as good as a beat up POS could work.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1463 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Rocksmith new version is $49.99 at Best Buy if you claim the offer on the Reward Zone site. You also get a 20% discount off musical accessories for a year if you buy an instrument (and I assume instrument bundles/packs qualify too) for $99 or more and are a Reward Zone member. It used to require a $299+ instrument to qualify.

Cool. I'll update the OP.
Offer is good until 12/8 on the Posted ImagePosted Image only (no PC sku listed, on the website anyway). And you either print up the coupon from myrz.com or access it from the BB mobile app.

And here are a couple bass deals, if you do the instrument deall that Psybuster mentioned:
Yamaha rbx170 in red or silver from $125-127
http://www.bestbuy.c...1900-01-01&gf=y
Sold out for shipping, so you'll hafta see if it's in stock near you

Any chance I messed up the nut? Anyone know any other things to check? Thanks for any help.

Don't have an acoustic, but sounds like the electric string tweaked the neck.
Maybe give it a couple of days to settle back now that you put on the right string

Posted Image

Nice. This one's for you :beer:

#1464 garath

garath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hmm. I don't see that offer on the RewardZone site. Is it only for Gamer's Club members? :(

#1465 smokeyp31

smokeyp31

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Where did you guys find the ps3 old version rocksmith, I went to 2 walmarts and couldnt fin
d the ps3 version ,only the xbox 360 one, I looked in the bottom of glass case and didnt find any, are they somewhere else?

#1466 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Nice... 3 weeks straight of DLC coming up... And next week is... Pantera... Won't know whether it's a Pantera 3 pack until tomorrow's hint.

Currently Playing:

#1467 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Where did you guys find the ps3 old version rocksmith, I went to 2 walmarts and couldnt fin
d the ps3 version ,only the xbox 360 one, I looked in the bottom of glass case and didnt find any, are they somewhere else?

Sometimes on the bottom shelf, sometimes behind or in front of newer version. Good luck.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#1468 naf

naf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

FYI - scored a PS3 old version for $20 at Delmont, PA Walmart. Marked $79 on shelf, but scan 19.99.
At least one other copy in case (bottom shelf) as of 30 minutes ago.
Thanks CAG

#1469 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

FYI - scored a PS3 old version for $20 at Delmont, PA Walmart. Marked $79 on shelf, but scan 19.99.
At least one other copy in case (bottom shelf) as of 30 minutes ago.
Thanks CAG

Wow, another local! If you need a 360 version, the new North Huntingdon store has a few marked $19.99. I'm not sure about PS3.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1470 Watson580

Watson580

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

My $10 copy that I got from the Microsoft Store on Black came in the mail today. Kinda excited to start learning to play!