Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3620 replies to this topic

#2131 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

So... Not that I am in for abusing BBs policies... but it looks like your Shopkick points don't go away when you return something to BB, either... So, there ya go.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#2132 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

So I'm visiting Phoenix today and one of their Best Buys has a music dept. and has a Telecaster I'm interested in as an open box. Anybody have experience/success haggling with them on price? Crazedracerguy maybe?

#2133 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hmmm... No, not really. I lobbied for an open box discount on the HD500 last week, but couldn't get one - even with a destroyed box. Of course, I got one later when I returned it to the store here and rebought it...

Currently Playing:

#2134 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

So is anyone looking forward to bandfuse?

Seems to me the game wont hold up much to the hype. Mainly the tab interface. When slash with decades of experiance finds it difficult to play his own song does not bode well. That and the epic fail of their kickstarter shows there probally is not a lot of interest in it. At least its coming for ps3 now so I will probally get it.

#2135 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Anybody else have experience with the BB clearance?

And as far as Bandfuse is concerned, I get excited again when I hear about it. I keep forgetting all about it though. I love Rocksmith, but it's certainly not without its faults. Could be good to try something new. Or maybe the competition could spark an improved Rocksmith 2

#2136 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'll be excited to have another console option for playing my guitars. It'll be a day one purchase for me - if it ever actually sees the light of day.

jsivley - was the one that you were looking at an American Tele in Natural? That is one fine looking Tele... I peeped a look at the clearance around Phoenix ;)

Currently Playing:

#2137 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, that was the one. The point is moot now, however. I just left there and they didn't have it. Had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently it was some sort of inventory/web site/incompetence issue. I was getting so excited on the drive up. Luckily I am in Phoenix for a show anyway and the store wasn't TOO far out of the way.

#2138 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

Apparently it was some sort of inventory/web site/incompetence issue.

Sucks man, but worth taking a 2nd shot and speaking to someone else. Might be tucked away on some top shelf
That's the thing with BB, takes a good employee who's willing to track down an item

So is anyone looking forward to bandfuse?

Well, interested but it sure hasn't shown itself to be impressive. Kinda feel the same way as when Ubi first announced Rocksmith... Thought it interesting and forgot all about it until I saw the deal at Bestbuy. That's when I researched it and thought it was worth a buy.

At least RS turned out to be the best (and most expensive) damn gaming purchase I've ever made, warts and all.

What I really want is RS 2.0; doubt it happens before the nextbox/ps4 release. There's only so much that patches can fix before it becomes better to just release a whole new version

#2139 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Bandfuse as much as they say is for beginners. With just a bunch of colored numbers scrolling on the bottom of the screen
If you already know tabs great. Looks like a confusing mess to someone who is completely new.

Looked on n4g and pulled up 10 articles in the past year. Even the official site barely gets updated. For something that is supposed to be released any time now that's not a good sign. Developers of rocksmith sure had to beg and borrow plead to get it released and it shows.

I will get it as mainly for a fresh set of songs. I know its what killed guitar hero but I wish they would release a expansion pack with some big name artists.

+1 To the best and most expensive game I ever bought. Got like 10 games i have not even opened since I got rocksmith. Now if only I could trade/sell some of my guitars to justify getting a really nice one that I want to get.

On that subjec what guitars does everyone have now. I have a way to big of collection myself

Schecter Damien
Hamer slammer series Daytona
PRS SE 245
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez rg570

Funny how I don't even like it much but I keep coming back to the schecter.

Edited by drastion, 06 May 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#2140 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

jsivley

I am guessing you already tried to give them the sku to look it up. Going by what crazedracerguy has posted in the past. That gutar could be anywhere in that store maybe still in its box stored somewhere.

#2141 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yeah - finding a good salesperson got me that 60's Classic Strat. When it wasn't on the wall, he hunted it down for me. Usually, the back stocked guitars are on the shelf somewhere around the music instruments shop. You may be able to see well enough to find it if it's there.

And Drastion - you have a nice selection of axes...

My good ones are:
Fender American Highway 1 Strat
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Standard Telecaster
Fender '60's Classic Series Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Special Edition HH MIJ

Also have:
ESP LTD Viper 330
Washburn EA-14 A/E
Ovation A/E

Currently Playing:

#2142 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

If its open box it could by lying in its hardshell case on a high shelf.

Schecter tempest blackjack
Schecter c1 classic
Fender American deluxe strat
Fender jaguar hh special edition
Squier vintage modified strat

Alvarez af15 acoustic

Schecter stiletto studio
Squier standard p bass special

Haven't really been able to sit down and play since before thanksgiving though...

#2143 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Ugh, I'm sooo bored at work right now.

How's everyone doing on RS progress right now?
I finally got the last super-secret-special song unlocked last night. Got lucky that it gave me MM encore of Next Girl (one of the few MM songs I actually know how to play). Triggered the double encore and violin-ole... Star Spangle Banner is now unlocked.:bouncy:
And wouldn't you know it, my next event gives a plain jane encore (first one in probably a year).:bomb:

Anyway one more thing checked off before I wipe out my save profile and start from scratch. Thinking I may just cheat my way thru SuperDucks and Chordead. After that just need a couple of cheevos on the Bass side (I'm sitting at level 9, think I need some 5mill more to Rumblesmith)

Once I do that, I'll wipe it out and just play the songs I enjoy or find challenging. Also plan on re-unlocking the secret songs thru bass first so that they're available on both bass and guitar.

#2144 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

Thanks to those that offered advice with my Best Buy situation. Unfortunately I had only had one shot at it. I live a good 2 -1/2 to 3 hours away from the store. I happened to be there to catch a stand-up comedian that night so I thought I'd see what they had in the clearance section of the 2 BB music stores. The telecaster was the one thing I wanted.

We did look up high and low for it, checked shelves of empty cases, and looked in the dedicated clearance room. They looked it up by sku and found 0 in stock. Then we looked it up by open box number and found it in stock, but still not physically. They couldn't figure out why it showed 0 in stock by the sku but did show stock on the "license plate". Never heard that term used for inventory before. At the end of the day I am disappointed, but I'm probably better off holding on to the money right now anyway.

As far as the bonus songs and encores are concerned: I started a new game and saved to a memory stick because I was having problems unlocking the bonuses. I started on bass until I got 4/6 I think. Then I switched to guitar for the rest. It was a piece of cake that way. It wasn't long before I had all 6 songs and was right back to the same level. Totally worth restarting if you're having trouble with unlocks. And once I got all 6 unlocked I don't think I've got another double encore since

#2145 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

Ok, so this was in one of the ads that pops up on CAG before you sign in:

Peavey Marvel Avengers guitar @ $50
http://www.amazon.co...0?tag=dradis-20
Free shipping, but sold thru a 3rd party so pay attention to their rating if you buy it.

Not too bad as a starter and nice wall art (if you hate the way it plays);)

And YMMV, but just saw my local Bestbuy has a Squier Bronco Bass for $104. IN-store clearance only. So you'll hafta check if your local BB has a musical instrument dept and if they even have the bass in stock. SKU: 7923143

Edited by rbarba4, 11 May 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#2146 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'm pretty sure that Avengers guitar is a kid sized one. The Bronco Bass is short scale (30") for a bass too if it matters to anyone looking into it.

#2147 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

It says full size guitar in the description for the Avengers guitar. It's almost tempting, but I can't see buying it. It's a bottom of the line guitar so I don't picture myself really ever playing it. To be honest, I don't really see myself displaying it either.

#2148 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Why must you guys post things like this? I don't need any more guitars, especially low-end ones, but for $50 shipped? Come on!

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2149 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hey guys I ended up buying an Explorer Melody maker for around $430. Was that a good price? I love the design of the guitar and it is a beast compared to my first guitar. Any thoughts will be highly appreciated :D . Also I am trying to compare it to an Ephiphone Les Paul 3 that was also available. I just don't know what will be a better investment in the long run.

Edited by mars009, 12 May 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#2150 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Looks like BB dropped some of their clearances even further. Not quite to the same level as last November's drops but they're getting close... May have even been a couple of restocks of stuff gone before. I am pretty much guitar-ed out at this point, though. Saw a few pedal drops, as well. Until the next drop, I'm fairly sure that I will sit this round out - although there is ONE Fender that I have my eye on. We'll see how a few of my eBay auctions turn out first. ;)

Currently Playing:

#2151 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

After looking at the BB clearance lists, the vast majority of guitars around here just...disappeared. Down from 65 to about 15 for most stores. Dunno if they just removed from the website and they're actually still sitting in stores or if they really shipped the guitars back to manufacturers as unsold or what. Guess I'll go find out tomorrow.

#2152 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

I saw a couple of my stores do that... But the other 3 still have a pretty nice selection. Still a couple of gems out there that I am deciding on - not guitars, but effects and amps... Some are low enough now that you could flip them if you decided you didn't want them and still make $$.

Currently Playing:

#2153 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hey guys I ended up buying an Explorer Melody maker for around $430. Was that a good price? I love the design of the guitar and it is a beast compared to my first guitar. Any thoughts will be highly appreciated :D

It was an OK price but definitely not a steal. I've seen them for $300 before and was close to buying one. I came real close to buying a Melody Maker Les Paul for $280 and talked myself out of that one too. I've seen Melody Makers regularly priced around $600 on average I'd say and $430 is definitely much better than that.

I'd say it comes down to how much you like it. After all, I think the last time I saw them for $300 was in November or December. Musicians Friend and Amazon had them this price.

On the one hand you have a made in USA Gibson with a set neck, nitrocellulose finish (careful how you store it!), and a PLEK-cut nut. On the other hand you have a single humbucker guitar with no tone adjustment, a 3/4 scale body (that could be good or bad depending on personal preference), a worse looking headstock (opinion) with worse tuners, and a different (arguably worse) tailpiece.

For the same amount of money you could get an Epiphone Korina Explorer, which I think is a better/nicer guitar. Not trying to burst your bubble or have buyers remorse at all. Hopefully you love it since that's all that really matters in the end

Edited by jsivley, 13 May 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#2154 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

It was an OK price but definitely not a steal. I've seen them for $300 before and was close to buying one. I came real close to buying a Melody Maker Les Paul for $280 and talked myself out of that one too. I've seen Melody Makers regularly priced around $600 on average I'd say and $430 is definitely much better than that.

I'd say it comes down to how much you like it. After all, I think the last time I saw them for $300 was in November or December. Musicians Friend and Amazon had them this price.

On the one hand you have a made in USA Gibson with a set neck, nitrocellulose finish (careful how you store it!), and a PLEK-cut nut. On the other hand you have a single humbucker guitar with no tone adjustment, a 3/4 scale body (that could be good or bad depending on personal preference), a worse looking headstock (opinion) with worse tuners, and a different (arguably worse) tailpiece.

For the same amount of money you could get an Epiphone Korina Explorer, which I think is a better/nicer guitar. Not trying to burst your bubble or have buyers remorse at all. Hopefully you love it since that's all that really matters in the end

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it. I actually went ahead and switched to an Epiphone LP 3 for a couple dollars more after they dropped the price of that one further and I am totally in love with everything it can do. Seems like the better bang for the buck :D

#2155 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it. I actually went ahead and switched to an Epiphone LP 3 for a couple dollars more after they dropped the price of that one further and I am totally in love with everything it can do. Seems like the better bang for the buck :D

Where were you checking out these guitars? I'm curious about the Les Paul. Is it the Ultra III? That's all I could find by googling. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a better option for you. How much was that one? Have a link to where you bought it?

#2156 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Slight discount for the new version of Rocksmith... Amazon has it at 46.xx for the PS3 and 360.
http://www.amazon.co...words=rocksmith
Available thru a 3rd party seller but Fulfilled by Amazon

And following up on the avengers guitar, American Musical Supply's weekly deal is for the Ibanez Satriani "silver surfer" guitar + case at $650
http://www.americanm...campaign=130512
Much pricier but heck of a lot more guitar too.

Hey, congrats on whichever one you went with:beer:.

And nothing necessarily wrong with the Melody Maker as long as you're happy with it.
I took a look at them last year when a few places were clearing'em out around $300. Though seem to remember mostly LP's, SG's and Flying V's (no explorers). Mighta cared more about an explorer

Passed because I already had a basic guitar in my Epi LP jr (which I still dig) and thought I'd save up for a different Gibson. They had already announced those 70s Tribute Firebirds at the time.
Ended up with a silverburst @ $600:)

Edited by rbarba4, 13 May 2013 - 08:38 PM.
missing info

#2157 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

Where were you checking out these guitars? I'm curious about the Les Paul. Is it the Ultra III? That's all I could find by googling. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a better option for you. How much was that one? Have a link to where you bought it?

Slight discount for the new version of Rocksmith... Amazon has it at 46.xx for the PS3 and 360.
http://www.amazon.co...words=rocksmith
Available thru a 3rd party seller but Fulfilled by Amazon

And following up on the avengers guitar, American Musical Supply's weekly deal is for the Ibanez Satriani "silver surfer" guitar + case at $650
http://www.americanm...campaign=130512
Much pricier but heck of a lot more guitar too.

Hey, congrats on whichever one you went with:beer:.

And nothing necessarily wrong with the Melody Maker as long as you're happy with it.
I took a look at them last year when a few places were clearing'em out around $300. Though seem to remember mostly LP's, SG's and Flying V's (no explorers). Mighta cared more about an explorer

Passed because I already had a basic guitar in my Epi LP jr (which I still dig) and thought I'd save up for a different Gibson. They had already announced those 70s Tribute Firebirds at the time.
Ended up with a silverburst @ $600:)

Sup guys, yeah I'm digging the guitar a ton. A little buzz on the first string, which seems to be a little issue with this model (Les Paul 3). I was checking them out at BB since they are clearing out or closing their Music Department, which is going to suck big time. I think it came to 420 at the end and got a couple DVDs too.
I'm trying to make my mind and back of from gaming to spend time learning guitar, which I should have done a long time ago :lol: I mean 100+ hours in BL2 makes me wonder what I could have achieved guitar wise, not that I regret it, but learning guitar has always been a thing I want to do.

#2158 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

Visited one BB today, most of the stuff is still there, I guess it's just the web site doing some cleanup. Saw someone buy a Dean Deceiver X for 89 dollars while I was there, that's pretty ridiculous.

#2159 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

So I was going to try to post some pics of my guitar collection but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I must really be getting old. I didn't see a button to upload directly from my computer so I uploaded to photobucket. I tried using the links they gave me but the images don't seem to load up. What the heck am I doing wrong?

#2160 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Ahhh SHNAP YO!!! Your favorite judge from The Voice gets a bunch of DLC this week. You know what that means... NO Cee Lo, cuz no one likes him;)
New DLC Day!!!

Maroon 5 song pack [3 songs not 5 (talk about missed opportunity#-o)]
*Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
*Misery - Maroon 5
*She Will be Loved - Maroon 5
can be download individually or in the 3-pack(for a slight discount)

I'm trying to make my mind and back of from gaming to spend time learning guitar, which I should have done a long time ago :lol: I mean 100+ hours in BL2 makes me wonder what I could have achieved guitar wise, not that I regret it, but learning guitar has always been a thing I want to do.

It's trippy how much RS got under my skin. I didn't plan on giving up gaming for guitar, but that's pretty much what happened. My 360 is almost exclusively a RS machine, my Wii U is for Doctor Who (netflix) & Punchout, and my PS3 sits there looking all mean and dirty.

So I was going to try to post some pics of my guitar collection but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. I must really be getting old. I didn't see a button to upload directly from my computer so I uploaded to photobucket. I tried using the links they gave me but the images don't seem to load up. What the heck am I doing wrong?

[IMG][IMG]http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u579/rbarba4/FAB58367-0755-46E5-894F-15743CD2F12E-17065-00003AF29329CC74.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]
Haven't done it in a while so had to do a quick test.
-once you upload a photo, click the links icon (looks like a cog)
-click on img link (should instantly copy link)
-on CAG, click insert image icon and paste the link from photobucket.