Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals **New DLC Day! - Lamb of God/Cookie Monster, who cares [Yacht Rock is over :( Put away your BUD-aritas]**

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3598 replies to this topic

#1351 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Already grabbed a used mik schecter tempest blackjack used with case for about the same price after accounting for tax as the Damien at 250...dunno if I should be trying to pick up more guitars lol

Hoping some bass deals pop up instead

#1352 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I found it. You need to click on today's deals at the top, then clIck on black friday deals banner, then adjust the filter for musical instruments.
Posted Image

#1353 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

Here's a little more info on the SamAsh BF deals. Looks like the Online store will do a better job on some deals.
http://www.samash.co...ck-friday-deals
For example, the Epi LPjr deal is also good for the TransBlue and Cherryburst (have this one) models instead of only the white and cherry models.
The PRS se245 guitars are 10bucks cheaper. And remember the website doesn't charge sales tax in most states.
Website's also gonna have the Carlo Robelli a/e guitar for $99.77
http://www.samash.co...Burst_-49969667

Wouldn't mind the transblue LPjr or the PRS, but gonna hold off after my recent binge.

There is a nice deal on a fender amp 99 from 199. The same as guitarcenters black Friday price.

www.music123.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-pawn-shop-special-greta-2w-1x4-tube-guitar-combo-amp

Thanks for the heads-up. Always liked it, but not for 200. PM'd thru MF just so I could use up the giftcard from the livingsocial deal. So it was like 77 out of pocket for me and saves me a trip on Friday.

and if you don't know, the Greta is a mini amp that easily fits on a shelf. Has a line-in so you can hook up an ipod. And there's a 1/4" line out so you can hook into a larger speaker cab

#1354 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

I wish you had not posted that sam ash was going to have their sale online. Now I am really tempted with that prs semi hollow again.

My dean tyrant just shipped. Was really thinking about canceling it. I just need to stop telling my friends when I guy guitars. They probably already think I am crazy.

The real problem is I make great money at my job but don't have time to use it. Paying my bills for the month with one weeks check. That and learning guitar has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I normally get all excited about something spend a bunch of money and loose interest. With guitar it just gets better and better as the frustration of learning is going away. I suck at playing but I love doing what little I can do.

rbarba4

What did you pick up or is it still just the dean epiphone and schecter?

#1355 jraypeon

jraypeon

I've made a huge mistake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Anyone know of any BF deals for a decent starter guitar for this game/a new player?

#1356 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

rbarba4

What did you pick up or is it still just the dean epiphone and schecter?

He won't tell. :)

On another note, for those of you that kind of get tired with the setlist on RS, I spent 2.99 last night and subscribed to Tab Pro service from UltimateGuitar.com... Learned the basics of "Second Chance - Shinedown last night in about 20 minutes... I would never have been able to do that without RS. The Tab Pro stuff is nice, though. You can look at a fretboard that shows suggested fingerings, etc. There is a Rock Band view that shows it on the fretboard like you're looking at Rock Band... Pretty cool and a HUGE list of songs that you can do that with..

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1357 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Anyone know of any BF deals for a decent starter guitar for this game/a new player?

Epiphone LP Junior at GC this weekend for $89... That's pretty cheap for a good beginner electric.

Currently Playing:

#1358 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Besides the GC deal on the Epi LPjr, SamAsh online has'em for $99 in different colors. And they don't charge sales tax in most states. I'd go with the SamAsh models only because I've found that those limited edition models were usually in better playable condition than the standard sunburst model. Any of'em will need some sort of set-up work. It's just that the I've found the L.E. models in better condition to start. Which gives you time to learn basic set-up work on the guitar (like string changes, bridge adjustments, Intonation)

I love my cherryburst model and go back to it regularly. Having used it so much, I understand why it was chosen as the pack-in model. It's a straight forward, inexpensive rock machine. The RS software handles the tone while you concentrate on learning to play. So not that big a deal that there's only one humbucker pickup. I was serious about wanting the transblue model too. But I need another guitar like I need another left foot

He won't tell. :)

I decline to answer on the grounds that it'll be used against me during the gift-giving season:-#

On a completely unrelated note, those Silverburst Firebirds are so freakin awesome and much lighter than you would think. Especially switching from the Schecter PT. that PT is crazy heavy for its size

#1359 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Ok, Rocksmith Guitar+Bass (aka Newversion) is $50 RIGHT NOW!!!:hot:
Both Amazon and Gamestop have the deal live for all three platforms
Amazon http://www.amazon.co...words=Rocksmith
Gamestop http://www.gamestop....v=16k-Rocksmith

#1360 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

I am glad I am ignorant about so many guitars. All of those sam ash gibson blowouts would be killing me if I knew what I was missing.

I think I am slowly loosing the battle to not order semi-hollow. Just worried that they don't have the tri color burst. All the other stores only have natural and I would be very disappointed if that's what they shipped.

#1361 xFate

xFate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

I'm looking to learn guitar via Rocksmith and have a nice starter kit for when I advance. Would this Fender Strat bundle be a good buy? A friend told me he bought it years ago for around $300. It's $99 currently.

http://www.guitarcen...087-i1932693.gc

and would I be able to pick up the old version of Rocksmith? I don't need a bass version. Is that the only thing in the new version?

or should I pick up the Epiphone Les Paul junior for $89? Is the junior smaller than a normal sized guitar? I've always had a visual thing for Les Pauls. I read that thinner necks are best for beginners so would either of these be a problem?

#1362 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

I'm looking to learn guitar via Rocksmith and have a nice starter kit for when I advance. Would this Fender Strat bundle be a good buy? A friend told me he bought it years ago for around $300. It's $99 currently.

http://www.guitarcen...087-i1932693.gc

and would I be able to pick up the old version of Rocksmith? I don't need a bass version. Is that the only thing in the new version?

or should I pick up the Epiphone Les Paul junior for $89? Is the junior smaller than a normal sized guitar? I've always had a visual thing for Les Pauls. I read that thinner necks are best for beginners so would either of these be a problem?

I'd get the Epi... That starcaster is barely a passable guitar. You'll be much happier with the Epi and you may even still play t a bit when you upgrade your guitars. You won;t play the starcaster at all later if you get that....

Currently Playing:

#1363 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Get the version with the bass. You'll probably change your mindset of not being interested in it once you start getting into Rocksmith. This way, you're already covered.
Posted Image

#1364 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Just to let everyone know musicianfriend has a new price match policy. They give you the match AND a gif certificate for 50% of the difference.

So say you were to price match sam ash antique white prs se 245 at $350. You would save $269 and get a 135 gift certificate. Making a $619 guitar basically $215.

So yeah I am ordering one of those tomorrow.

One note they do take 2 weeks to get you the gift certificate. Understandable as it woul give time for the black Friday prices to clear out.

Also if you happen to buy a prs se guitar you can mail in your receipt to prs and get this.

With the purchase of any SE Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, or Amplifier from an Authorized PRS Dealer during the promotion period, you will receive: one (1) 18’ PRS cable, one (1) PRS Nylon Strap, one (1) PRS knit stocking cap, one (1) PRS ceramic coffee mug, one (1) PRS lanyard, one (1) PRS block logo sticker. Approximate Retail Value of this Thank You Package is: $175.00.

If you take that value at there word makes the se 245 $40. At least how I am looking at it when I am ordering another guitar before that amott bloodstorm even gets to my door.

#1365 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Want a low cost guitar from a little known brand? Yes you say, well Hello Music has ya covered with the Canvas CMF-10 for $75
http://www.hellomusi...5877&cat=PROMO2

Just to let everyone know musicianfriend has a new price match policy. They give you the match AND a gif certificate for 50% of the difference.

So say you were to price match sam ash antique white prs se 245 at $350. You would save $269 and get a 135 gift certificate. Making a $619 guitar basically $215.

So yeah I am ordering one of those tomorrow.

One note they do take 2 weeks to get you the gift certificate. Understandable as it woul give time for the black Friday prices to clear out.

Good for me that MF doesn't carry the white model and they won't PM the sunburst since it isn't in stock over at SA

#1366 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Yeah was about to post that they are limited to the black now.

Lucky for me the csr I emailed didn't know that. So I was able to price match the tobacco burst for 350 and get a $150 gift card. Thanks to who posted that deal on the fender bar stools. Gave me $20 credit so only 330 out of pocket.

Here is hoping they don't come up with anymore deals like that in two weeks when I get that gift card.

#1367 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

X box original rocksmith 9.99 free shipping

www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/Rocksmith-for-Xbox-360/productID.231083000/vip.true?ClickID=belyvkddygkdvfnv1mzssgskev1euzkvvqqv

#1368 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Schecter Solo Special Electric Guitar - See-Thru Cherry

cheapest its ever been $310

www.amazon.com/Schecter-Solo-Special-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0033AHV6K/ref=sr_1_79?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1353756405&sr=1-79

#1369 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

X box original rocksmith 9.99 free shipping

www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/Rocksmith-for-Xbox-360/productID.231083000/vip.true?ClickID=belyvkddygkdvfnv1mzssgskev1euzkvvqqv

Damn, drastion - you're breaking out the deal stick, yo!!! Ordered another copy of RS just to have an extra cable... Thanks!!!

Currently Playing:

#1370 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Schecter Solo Special Electric Guitar - See-Thru Cherry

cheapest its ever been $310

www.amazon.com/Schecter-Solo-Special-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0033AHV6K/ref=sr_1_79?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1353756405&sr=1-79

Or $310 at Musicians Friend and get a $95 GC in 2 weeks ;)

Currently Playing:

#1371 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Damn, drastion - you're breaking out the deal stick, yo!!! Ordered another copy of RS just to have an extra cable... Thanks!!!

Yup, same here. Ridiculous deal.

#1372 Nilbog

Nilbog

is Goblin backwards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Haha thanks for getting the extra cables guys. It was in my cart and I was ordering when it went our of stock.

#1373 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Haha thanks for getting the extra cables guys. It was in my cart and I was ordering when it went our of stock.

They must not have had many...

You should have bought it before now, anyway. You know how good you'd be if you had started playing last year like all of us?!? ;)

Currently Playing:

#1374 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Glad to help got some stuff from there as gifts. Really want someone to practice with. The one freind I talked into it moved away. If not I will have some extra cables since I only have a ps3.

#1375 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Anyone know what happened with Worldmusicsupply's black Friday sale? I saw their ad on Facebook but everything looked like the same price it's been for months, were there coupon codes or something I can't find beyond the Washburn bass one posted here?

#1376 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Good question on worldmusicsupply. I totally forgot about them over the last few days. The closest thing I could find were these. Great price on the pro as just the emgs are $200. But again like you said these could just be their regular prices.

www.worldmusicsupply.com/m_dept.aspx?dept_id=47&mfg_id=1200000061

On another note hercules guitar stands normally $50 now $25. Got two as a price match to musicians friend got a $25 gift certificate.

www.chicagomusicexchange.com/related/related-acoustic/hercules-single-guitar-stand-:gs414b/?utm_source=CME+%2F+Reverb&utm_campaign=b195f7d9aa-BlackFridayDeal&utm_medium=email

A note on the gift certificate they are now capped at $100.

#1377 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

With a little more looking found worldmusicsupply black Friday deals

www.worldmusicsupply.com/black-friday-sale-specials-deals-coupons.html

#1378 Nilbog

Nilbog

is Goblin backwards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

They must not have had many...

You should have bought it before now, anyway. You know how good you'd be if you had started playing last year like all of us?!? ;)

Haha I know. I want it really badly, but at this point it looks like ill end up with the guitar and bass version when I get it. I had ordered one via gohastings a couple months ago, but of course it didn't come with the cable (although the listing said it did). One day I will join your ranks!

#1379 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Here is another great deal for a monster guitar cable and power center. $50 at musiciansfriend $17 at american musical.

http://www.americanm...P200P500I12-PAK

#1380 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

On another note hercules guitar stands normally $50 now $25. Got two as a price match to musicians friend got a $25 gift certificate.

A note on the gift certificate they are now capped at $100.[/QUOTE]

The stand might be something for me to consider. I have a couple guitars with nitro finishes and can't rest them on any of the stands I have. But even though they claim its safe, there is a disclaimer that says maybe not