Detroit Rock City
I Was Made For Lovin 'You
Heaven's On Fire

#3242 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

Bleh.  Haven't seen any DLC worth getting lately.

Posted Image

#3243 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

I have consistently ended up with 1 song from the recent packs (2 from Oasis, none from Weezer). I actually have gone back and bought some of the old DLC I hadn't gotten - 867-5309 Jenny, Eye of the Tiger, White Wedding... Better than the new stuff. When they gave the hint this week, I thought it was Motley Crue - I would have been OVER THE MOON about Crue in RS. My only salvation is that I KNOW Tom Petty and probably Def Leppard are coming at some point.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#3244 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

That Kiss DLC is a pretty big letdown. If they want to go for some big name bands how about a little AC/DC or Black Sabbath? I'm sure they'd be happy to lend their tracks out.

#3245 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

That Kiss DLC is a pretty big letdown. If they want to go for some big name bands how about a little AC/DC or Black Sabbath? I'm sure they'd be happy to lend their tracks out.

AC/DC is VERY controlling about their music in any medium - they just only recently allowed iTunes downloads and when they were in a music game, they required an entire game. They did allow export - which is better than the Beatles, but it was a fight, evidently. They may also still be under contract because of said game.

Black Sabbath has NEVER had an original song in any music game. The only songs from them were cover versions in Rock band. That would likely mean that they're very difficult to license, since Rock Band had over 3000 songs available at the end...

I've said before - the BIG requests are likely not in the game for a very good reason. It's not like the devs don't know who Black Sabbath, The Eagles, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Metallica or ZZ Top are - they just aren't able to license them. It looks like Bandfuse used a little leverage from their tight partnership with what's left of Harmonix to grease their deal along with the Hendrix estate. So far, that's the only big win in this generation of music games - unless you count Aerosmith and Green Day for Rocksmith - who people thought were still under contract to other games...

Currently Playing:

#3246 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

Is this for real? New songs only work on RS 2014? I was excited to finally see some DLC I wanted in SOAD but totally pissed that they pulled a move like this. Can anyone confirm? Is this the policy for all future DLC???

Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#3247 TehMuff1nM4n

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

Is this for real? New songs only work on RS 2014? I was excited to finally see some DLC I wanted in SOAD but totally pissed that they pulled a move like this. Can anyone confirm? Is this the policy for all future DLC???

Yea and that's been the policy for almost 6 months now...

Rocksmith 2014 takes advantage of more techniques and elements of the guitar that the first one was unable to replicate in their tracks

#3248 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

Yeah... I felt the same way when I went to load up all the Borderlands 1 content in Borderlands 2 and it wasn't compatible... and those map packs from Call of Duty:World at War??? They don't fucking work in COD:Ghosts!!! Ripoff bastards!!!

If it makes you feel better, the DLC from RS1 DOES work in RS2014 - with all the new techniques included.

Currently Playing:

#3249 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

Yeah... I felt the same way when I went to load up all the Borderlands 1 content in Borderlands 2 and it wasn't compatible... and those map packs from Call of Duty:World at War??? They don't fucking work in COD:Ghosts!!! Ripoff bastards!!!

If it makes you feel better, the DLC from RS1 DOES work in RS2014 - with all the new techniques included.

:)  

:D  

:lol:            :lol:            :lol:            :lol:            :lol:

:rofl:

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8 - tear it up!     Deus Ex HR - sneak, sneak goes the Aug.

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 - what do you mean I suck

#3250 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

Sorry, I haven't had the time to post this but maybe someone'll be able to sneak in a order before it's too late...

Guitar Center had a President's Day sale.

They have the 

Ibanez GIO grg20 for $99 (available in black or white)

http://www.guitarcen...857-i3024373.gc

Epiphone Les Paul Jr for $100 (sunburst)

http://www.guitarcen...038-i1150104.gc

Dean XM bass for $120 (black)

http://www.guitarcen...901-i1386319.gc

Musicians Gear cables (buy 1 get 2 free)

-can't find a link

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8 - tear it up!     Deus Ex HR - sneak, sneak goes the Aug.

#3251 sladeums

sladeums

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

2/18 DLC

Rise Against Song Pack – $11.99

Prayer of The Refugee

Swing Life Away

Give It All

Satellite

Make It Stop (September’s Children)

#3252 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

2/18 DLC

Rise Against Song Pack – $11.99

Prayer of The Refugee

Swing Life Away

Give It All

Satellite

Make It Stop (September’s Children)

*crickets chirping*

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#3253 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

*crickets chirping*

LOL... Yeah. Nothing for me this week, I don't think. Assuming the hint that Paul messed up this week was for next week, we are probably getting either the Monkees or Dylan next week (probably Dylan, I'd think).

Currently Playing:

#3254 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

anyone have experience with one of these?

http://www.hellomusi...tems/guitarlink

#3255 Neebie61

Neebie61

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Bandfuse DLC announced for February:

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing

Cheap Trick - Surrender

Heart - Crazy On You

Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song

Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang

Disturbed - Inside The Fire

Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins, Not Tragedies

Fall Out Boy - Dance Dance

A Day To Remember - The Downfall Of Us All

#3256 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

anyone have experience with one of these?

http://www.hellomusi...tems/guitarlink

Looks similar in size to my wireless unit.

But don't like how this one has the cable hard-wired into the transmitting unit.  What was the price???

Bandfuse DLC announced for February:

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing

Cheap Trick - Surrender

Heart - Crazy On You

Jane's Addiction - Mountain Song

Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang

Disturbed - Inside The Fire

Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins, Not Tragedies

Fall Out Boy - Dance Dance

A Day To Remember - The Downfall Of Us All

So, I gotta ask...  is BF worth a buy at $20?

Thought I'd grab it at that price, eventually.  But now think it'll just end up in my backlog.

My free time is pretty much non-existant right now. 

Current Playlist:

#3257 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

So, I gotta ask...  is BF worth a buy at $20?

Thought I'd grab it at that price, eventually.  But now think it'll just end up in my backlog.

My free time is pretty much non-existant right now. 

Yes. It's fun to play. It sounds great. The moving tab isn't NEAR as hard to read as I thought it'd be. Being able to drop out the original guitar audio and then listen to yourself play is HUGELY informative (if you want to believe that you really sound as good as the original guitarist, though, then don't get BF).

The DLC has been really disappointing to me, but I like many of the on disc songs and did pick up "Simple Man" from the first round of DLC. I wish I had waited for a big sale, but I am not unhappy that I have it, by any means.

Currently Playing:

#3258 Neebie61

Neebie61

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

crazedracerguy

The DLC has been really disappointing to me, but I like many of the on disc songs and did pick up "Simple Man" from the first round of DLC. I wish I had waited for a big sale, but I am not unhappy that I have it, by any means.

Bandfuse wil have a whopping total of 20 DLC's this Feb. 25, if DLC's is a factor in getting the game you may want to wait. At the current rate of 10 a month, it's going to be awhile before they have half the selection as Rocksmith 2014 and as far as a big sale happening... I don't see that happening anytime soon. But I could be wrong.

#3259 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

...and I'll add to the above statement that with the lukewarm reception of BF, the startlingly low number of copies sold and no EU release, I doubt Realta stays a going concern for more than a year. There's just no way.

Currently Playing:

#3260 thecatinthehat

thecatinthehat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Rumor is that the DLC tomorrow will be The Doors

http://www.theriffre...rocksmith-2014/

ZombieMask9.png

#3261 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Rumor is that the DLC tomorrow will be The Doors

http://www.theriffre...rocksmith-2014/

That could be cool. I'd be in for Love Me Two Times and People are Strange (though this one is fairly simple to learn without Rocksmith, just check out a youtube video).

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#3262 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

I literally don't know a single Doors song other than "Light my Fire" - and I only know that vaguely. I'll pass on this pack and hope for something I like next week. :( Big grab for RS, though - that'll be a good selling pack!

Currently Playing:

#3263 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

The Doors songs are Light My Fire, Riders on the Storm, and Roadhouse Blues.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#3264 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Pedal deal here:

http://slickdeals.ne...ampaign=tu-9999
Posted Image

#3265 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Hello. I've had RS2014 for a month or so now but I haven't played it. What's the best way to record once I set up my PS3?

Wow. The cables are expensive.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Please send me a PM if you used my referrals. I want to do raffles for you.

#3266 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

Pedal deal here:

http://slickdeals.ne...ampaign=tu-9999

It's sold out. (Was for a Zoom GNu for $60) It wouldn't have been too bad of a price I guess, but it's hard to recommend when I was able to get a brand new GN2.1DM for ~$75 last year. I really like that pedal for what I paid for it. If the gnu interests you, look into a gn2.1dm or gn2.1ma first

#3267 p0rn0saur

p0rn0saur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

Ah i see the topic edit was just an unfortunate error, thought we had some Rage Against the Machine incoming.

#3268 tgk2044

tgk2044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Ah i see the topic edit was just an unfortunate error, thought we had some Rage Against the Machine incoming.

Ditto. Le sigh.
Posted Image

#3269 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on the Jackson Kelly Bird line of basses? I don't see very many online reviews, but it looks like a cool body style, sort of a hybrid between a thunderbird and an explorer, and allows access to the 19th fret, unlike a TBird, important when your favorite song is For Whom The Bell Tolls! Looking at the JS3 in trans blue. Any thoughts? Thanks!

#3270 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

Hello. I've had RS2014 for a month or so now but I haven't played it. What's the best way to record once I set up my PS3?

Wow. The cables are expensive.

Well, what do you want to record?  Video playthru, your own playing, Both???

And yeah,  RS cables are pricey.  That's why we always jump on fire-sales for the old version of Rocksmith.

Free coaster/game with your cable... all for 10bucks :D

Anyone have any thoughts on the Jackson Kelly Bird line of basses? I don't see very many online reviews, but it looks like a cool body style, sort of a hybrid between a thunderbird and an explorer, and allows access to the 19th fret, unlike a TBird, important when your favorite song is For Whom The Bell Tolls! Looking at the JS3 in trans blue. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I dig it!

Sorry... that's all I got.

Current Playlist: