Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3569 replies to this topic

#1471 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hmm Pantera. Didn't think they would release any older heavy metal like that. May have to finally buy some dlc. Finally some songs I would love to be able to play. Now if rocksmith 2 supports 7 string electric and 5 string bass we will be all set. That or a large on disk song expansion pack.

#1472 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Wow, another local! If you need a 360 version, the new North Huntingdon store has a few marked $19.99. I'm not sure about PS3.

Live in Pittsburgh and travel to Greensburg every weekend. I'm gonna have to watch out for posts from you guys haha
Posted Image
Pretty easy Amazon gift cards, and other items. I've earned $95 of amazon credit without referrals, but if you are referred by me, I will try and help you with any info you need, thanks.

#1473 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hmm. I don't see that offer on the RewardZone site. Is it only for Gamer's Club members? :(

Yes but you only need the regular free gamer club, the paid subscription Unlocked is mot required. You get double RZ points on new games and accessories even on free, no reason not to join.

#1474 garath

garath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Yes but you only need the regular free gamer club, the paid subscription Unlocked is mot required. You get double RZ points on new games and accessories even on free, no reason not to join.

Thank you! I didn't realize there was a free Gamers club also. Signed up for it and printed out the $50 rocksmith offer. Fantastic. Heading to Best Buy today.

#1475 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Anyone here live in SoCal (more specifically LA county)? I've been running through some Best Buys and found some of the clearance deals.

#1476 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Man, the holidays and that crazy stupid MS sale really messed with my mind. Completely forgot to check for new DLC. Didn't click until I saw crazedracer's post about all the incoming DLC. So here's the super-late
New DLC Day!!! that happened back on Tuesday
*Super Freak - Rick James
*Good Times - Chic
*Give up the Funk (tear the roof off the sucker) - Parliament
Knew I braved Target's BF for a reason;)

Where did you guys find the ps3 old version rocksmith, I went to 2 walmarts and couldnt fin
d the ps3 version ,only the xbox 360 one, I looked in the bottom of glass case and didnt find any, are they somewhere else?

Like others said, I've seen it on the bottom shelf of the game case. And not necessarily with the ps3 or 360 games; just wherever they have space. But if you have the option to play on a 360 go with that. Still see complaints about the ps3 version, even after all the patches.

Also try using the inventory checker on their website. Search for the ps3 version then type in your zip.

Now if rocksmith 2 supports 7 string electric and 5 string bass we will be all set. That or a large on disk song expansion pack.

I'd love to see RS2 on the WiiU. Think song navigation/selection would be sooo much better. But hell, I'd settle for existing platforms with improved U.I., play-list transfer(ala GH/RB) and the choice to customize & SAVE playlists. Kinda like a fastpass to your favorite modes whether its certain songs, games or even the tuner

Anyone here live in SoCal (more specifically LA county)? I've been running through some Best Buys and found some of the clearance deals.

OC here. Did you see any the basses? One was a Squier vm jaguar and the other was a Lake Placid blue jazz bass.
I remember seeing a post on another site where someone went in and more or less cleared out the good stuff, guitars anyway, from my local shop.

#1477 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

The Squier VM Jaguar Bass is on clearance? I don't recall seeing it on the Best Buy web site list, only an MIM Standard Jazz a Geddy Lee Signature Jazz (which, unsurprisingly, is nowhere to be found). I've seen some VM Jaguar Bass Specials that street price for 200 if that's what you're talking about. And some Pete Wentz signatures still lying around lol. I'm guessing the Lake Placid Blue one is the James Johnston signature (if you're still talking about Squier). Didn't see that either. Do you recall the prices they're supposed to be at?

rbarba4: Interesting story. I had an employee tell me something similar...that an employee from some store in OC came to his store and a bunch of other Best Buys in the LA-OC area to buy out clearanced gear. Apparently the clearance started 11/11/12, which was nearly two weeks before anyone posted word about it in this thread.

What I did find though, at Best Buy in Fullerton CA for anyone interested. Pricing might be off by give or take 10 bucks since I'm going off the top of my head from either Wednesday or Thursday, so act fast if you're interested!

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra 2 Cherry Sunburst $299
-chambered body so it's considerably lighter than other LP guitars and presumably sounds a bit louder than typical solid bodies without an amp. Has some weird third pickup too that acts similarly to one you'd find in an acoustic-electric guitar, the controls for it are on the back side

Schecter Tempest Custom $259
-missing a knob, and this is the older version with Duncan Designed pickups despite the Schecter website's current model showing genuine Seymour Duncans

Squier Affinity Strat Pack $135
-may have been only for the red color, I didn't look into it carefully

Schecter 006 Deluxe Vampyre Red $116
-pretty beat up floor model multiple dings, missing knob, matte finish

Schecter C-1 (just C-1, not C-1 Standard, which is actually a different model, stupid naming schemes...) Black $168
-looked undamaged, it was actually hanging on the wall up at the top; if you're looking for something nice to start out with off the bat this is pretty loaded as far as bang for your buck is concerned with Duncan Designed pickups, Tone Pros bridge with string through mahogany body, Grover tuners, Tusq XL nut, and the fact that Schecter levels and files fret ends on all of their guitars...half tempted to pick this one up myself just to have a great working cheapy but it's not a good use of money for me at the moment

Gibson Melody Maker, various colors for I think $580, not that much off I know but if you must have a Gibson...

Two Taylor electrics, one was $575ish and the other $700. Frankly I didn't even know Taylor made electrics, and the Best Buy price tags are not very helpful so I have no idea what the actual models are, but they're give or take half off so maybe you can figure it out based on MSRP if you're interested

Fender American Standard P Bass, black $949
-doesn't seem like a big discount but 200 bucks off is 200 bucks off I guess

Schecter C-1 FR in Black ($390) or Cherry ($410)
-EMG pickups, Floyd Rose 1000 series IE an exact replica of the original if you're into that sort of thing, black one was missing one knob I believe, cherry one has a loose knob that sorta feels like you can pull out the actual switch/wiring underneath with some effort

The store was willing willing to offer an extra 10% open box discount if you want to deal with one of the ones with a missing knob or whatever, and good luck to anyone looking to score something they like on the cheap!

#1478 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

If I could have my wish for pantera set list it would be

Im broken
Mouth of war
This love

Not a greatest hit list but songs that would be fun to learn and not feel like chugging on a seven string. No offence to them I think they are fantastic just a bit limited on there play style.

#1479 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Here are a couple bass deals:
MF's stupid deal is for the Rogue vb100 (beatle bass copy) @ $150
http://www.musicians...id/?icid=200510
Reviews make it out to be a good copy, especially if you put some flats on it
and AMS has the Kramer Striker bass @ $130
http://www.americanm...Feeds/Ndnd.aspx

The Squier VM Jaguar Bass is on clearance? I don't recall seeing it on the Best Buy web site list, only an MIM Standard Jazz a Geddy Lee Signature Jazz (which, unsurprisingly, is nowhere to be found). I've seen some VM Jaguar Bass Specials that street price for 200 if that's what you're talking about.

The Jag bass was the one you can currently find for 175. IIRC it was clearanced at $87, but only the black model.
The LPB bass was a mim Fender for $300, think street is around 600.

Maybe I'll try to check on the jag bass again. It'll give me an excuse to look at those Yamaha basses too
Woulda been nice to check out the other stuff. But can't complain.
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
Got a cool b-day gift from my gf last night. She gave me one of those trans-blue LPjr's:hot:. Really nice outta the box, better than my cherryburst. Oh man, didn't see that coming:D

#1480 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

I think the jaguar bass that streets at 175 is a short scale 30 inch model

Will think about that Kramer striker though lol

#1481 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Just found this at Wally's bought one for each PS3/360...
Anywhere I can read up on the PS3 issues? (I'd rather use this version).
Thanks!

and thanks to the ops for the Wally's tip... marked $59.99 rang $19.99, sales gal was surprised and seemed happy for me....
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1482 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Nice. This one's for you :beer:

Thanks ;) Except I didn't realize it would such a pain for play sitting down, especially with the cord sticking in inside the V

#1483 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Thanks OP scored an old Rocksmith at Walmart for $20 for 360! My Walmart also had PS3 for $20 and I was wondering is one version superior to the other? My sisters been wanting to learn how to play guitar so this will make for an awesome Christmas gift for her!

#1484 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Anywhere I can read up on the PS3 issues? (I'd rather use this version).
Thanks!

and thanks to the ops for the Wally's tip... marked $59.99 rang $19.99, sales gal was surprised and seemed happy for me....

Congrats on the find. And best place to find info about issues would be the official RS forums
http://forums.ubi.co...p/22-Rocksmith?
The RS Garage sub-forum is best place to look. And I think the biggest issue with the PS3 version was lock-up duing events, once you reached rank 5 or 6. Sucks if you end up enjoying the Journey mode. Irrelevant if ya don't bother with the Journey

Thanks ;) Except I didn't realize it would such a pain for play sitting down, especially with the cord sticking in inside the V

Sounds like you need this;)
http://www.amazon.co...osa right angle
Have a couple and use them with every guitar except my Wilshire, gets in the way of the knobs so just plug straight in.

Thanks OP scored an old Rocksmith at Walmart for $20 for 360! My Walmart also had PS3 for $20 and I was wondering is one version superior to the other? My sisters been wanting to learn how to play guitar so this will make for an awesome Christmas gift for her!

360 gets fewer complaints. But you can check the RS forums (see above link) and decide for yourself
Would definitely be a cool gift:applause:

#1485 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for the quick response. Just read the garage forum thread...
PS3 players still having issues in the last 7 days... and not happy...

New question -
I would really like to use this to finally play my Ovation acoustic.
Will I be disappointed with song selection?
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1486 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

Here is the track list

www.rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/tracklist/index.aspx

Songs are more of what a teacher would give you rather than what you would find in rockband or guitar hero.

A few fun ones in there but if you into heavy metal it is slim pickings. That's mainly due to alternate tunings rather that choice. It would be a nightmare retuning between songs. Especially if you have a floating bridge like on my ibanez.

#1487 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

New question -
I would really like to use this to finally play my Ovation acoustic.
Will I be disappointed with song selection?

You'll be more disappointed trying to use an acoustic than you will be by the set list. You won't have much access to the upper frets like you would with an electric and you may get some feedback due to how an acoustic electric works... You may find it a better experience if you pick up a cheap electric at some point.

Personally, I thought the soundtrack was great. Every song teaches you some cool stuff and a few of the songs were stuck in my head forever. The DLC has been great, as well. Enjoy!

#1488 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

-ltd-ec-401vf- 349.99

http://www.musicians...580200000002000

Better spec wise than the prs I got last week for the same price. Makes me wonder what went into my prs to put it at the same price level. Loving my prs though first guitar to just feel right in my hands. Makes it much easier to hold off buying something new.

May have to get this one also when I get my gift cards.

#1489 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

-ltd-ec-401vf- 349.99

http://www.musicians...580200000002000

Better spec wise than the prs I got last week for the same price. Makes me wonder what went into my prs to put it at the same price level.

That PRS on the headstock :) I like my PRS, but I just always seem to go back to my Strat. That's why I have sworn off anything but Fenders from now on. They just feel right in my hands.

I bought that B stock ESP, though, back when Hello Music had them. It's a really solid guitar. In fact, I'd rather play it than my PRS. They're really nice.

Probably the only guitar that has felt "right" in my hands other than my Fenders was a Schecter Hellraiser at Guitar Center. I really like those guitars. The necks are just perfect for rock.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1490 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

On another note... Just strung that new Jaguar up (with crappy Dean Markley strings, for now, so I can get it set up to my liking). Man, that thing sings. Just put it through my little G-Dec to hear it and switch the settings around. There's a lot of customization with all those switches. All the electronics work, I cleaned off all the plastic "wrap" around the pickups and wiped it down. Definitely heading back up north next Friday to see if that other Fender is still at the one store - and to call the other 3 stores that aren't more than 70 miles away to see what they have. I could afford 2 Fenders next week if I find ones that I want... Merry Christmas to me ;)

Currently Playing:

#1491 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Getting kind of sick of seeing only black on sale for all these guitars with multiple colors :(

#1492 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

So you think I should have gone with the esp instead of the prs? I want to try a esp but I already have two metal guitars.

#1493 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

So you think I should have gone with the esp instead of the prs? I want to try a esp but I already have two metal guitars.

Not at all. A PRS is a great guitar. You just pay a premium for the name - just like Gibson or Fender.

I think a lot of people just getting RS are falling into the same trap I did at first, though. If it was cheap, I'd buy it. I ended up with a lot of guitars that I never played. Luckily, I made money on them when I sold them. That's why I'm just a Fender guy now. It cuts my field of buys down... That is, until you found all these damn BB deals. Now I'm buying another Fender this week... Darn you. ;)

#1494 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hit the jackpot last night...American deluxe strat for 516 :hot:
Has a couple 1-2mm chips on the headstock and what feels like a half inch finish crack/uneven spot on the top cutaway but those are nothing in the face of a thousand dollar discount to me lol

#1495 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Has a couple 1-2mm chips on the headstock and what feels like a half inch finish crack/uneven spot on the top cutaway but those are nothing in the face of a thousand dollar discount to me lol

Nice!!! That's great! If you have a female significant other, it's likely she'll have a nail polish that will match the chips pretty well... Use a toothpick to dot it in ;)

That's awesome that you ran across one!

Currently Playing:

#1496 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I have been trying to keep my buying under control. Mainly buying different guitars so I could try them and see what one I would like. Don't have a guitar store near me to try them I just hope my place does not end up looking like one.

#1497 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hellomusic has a G&L tribute tele for $329
http://www.hellomusi....aspx?did=15972
Coupon codes have changed so much lately that I don't know which ones currently work. I'll hafta dig thru my emails to find the most recent ones
EDIT: ok most recent code is "firsttime5" to save 5bucks. Older code that may be dead is "xmas30" to save 30bucks

Both are cool, but still dig the PRS more

I think a lot of people just getting RS are falling into the same trap I did at first, though. If it was cheap, I'd buy it. I ended up with a lot of guitars that I never played. Luckily, I made money on them when I sold them. That's why I'm just a Fender guy now. It cuts my field of buys down... That is, until you found all these damn BB deals. Now I'm buying another Fender this week... Darn you. ;)

In a way, it's inevitable. At least for me:).
No way I was gonna drop more than 100 on a guitar to start. I had to find out if I would like & stick with it.

Now I'm here with a Firebird thinking I'll never drop over a grand on a guitar#-o

Wow, congrats man

#1498 Bloodbooger

Bloodbooger

Male Escort and Hired Gun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Just purchased at $29.99 on Amazon.

Edit: It's the old version.

#1499 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Seems impossible to capture any of the damage in pictures so I'll just pretend it's perfect :lol:

#1500 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

LOVE that finish. Wow... You got a bargain! I just have to see what I can find this Friday. I think I'm going to take Friday as my fun day to run out and see if I can find another... I'm going to buy that '72 Pawn Shop unless something else catches my fancy in the other 2 stores.

Currently Playing: