Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3566 replies to this topic

#1831 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

That's how it worked last tim. Each item was limited to $100 but if you order multiple things the gift certificate will be over $100. Kind of a silly restriction because you can just place multiple orders.

Ahhh yeah. I see what you mean now. I am doubtful that what I'm going to try tomorrow will work, but you never know until you try. I've been turned down before on stuff like this and I've had some go through that I had no hope for. Roll the dice. What's the worst that can happen? Don't answer that.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1832 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

rbarba4

Do you happen to have an SKU on that LP style Gator case? Thanks.

#1833 sladeums

sladeums

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Rocksmith is the Steam Daily Deal today, half off ($14.99) for the next 24 hours :

http://store.steampo...com/app/205190/

#1834 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

rbarba4

7860745. 59.99. Looking at one now... You won't believe the deal I just got.. Pics tonight.

#1835 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

rbarba4

Here's what I got

sku-4892781

7860745. 59.99. Looking at one now... You won't believe the deal I just got.. Pics tonight.

I know they had 2 kinds. Worker had to track down the clearance model to get the right price

Even though they were identical (same brand, look, size) only one was on clearance.
Always find it funny when clearance hits one item and not the other, ONLY because the sku got changed

#1836 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

And it's here:
New DLC Day!!!
*Alive - Pearl Jam
*Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson
*No Rain - Blind Melon
They also released a Pearl Jam song pack (had to wait for that 3rd song;))

Rocksmith is the Steam Daily Deal today, half off ($14.99) for the next 24 hours :

http://store.steampo...com/app/205190/

Thanks
I'll update the title

#1837 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

OK... So I tried to get Music123 to price match this today and the guy (Matthew) out and out lied and said he had called the store and it was a floor model. I knew he was lying about calling the store (any of you that have tried to actually get a BB from the toll free number know what I'm talking about), but I figured the guitar was, indeed on the wall, so I didn't press the issue... But when I called the actual store (thank you, deep Google search), the guy was cool, but I didn't have the SKU. I drove BACK to the office and logged in to get the SKU and called him back. He said he didn't see that guitar but he'd look around and call me back. Being Best Buy, I thought - Yeah right... But he did call back - and told me he had found this guitar on a shelf in the warehouse.... I think he was as surprised as I was to find it actually in stock... I couldn't pass it up. 75 miles later, it was mine...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a Fender Classic Series '60s Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red... Brand new, in the box... $325.99. Sells for $799.99 at MF and GC... I LOVE it. Mint green pickguard, aged knobs, Fender vintage pickups. It's the top of the line as far as Mexican Fenders go.

I can't wait to play this baby.

Currently Playing:

#1838 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

There's three of those I'm aware of within reasonable driving distance, one already sold, that one was on the wall. I don't think I want any of the others, nor have I personally been to those stores to see whether they're wall models or boxed up. Only have so much space...congrats though, the most important thing is if you want it and you end up getting it :)

#1839 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I think there are still a couple of decent finds around me, but I am truly just about spent out for now. Happy for this one, though. It's just different enough from my other Strat that I'll have fun with it.

I think I am going to check the fit on the PRS in the Fender box and drop that on eBay. I don't really need the metal guitars and that one is likely to get me the best ROI.

Currently Playing:

#1840 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Awesome. Stuff. I might pick up Rocksmith today and slowly start researching this thread for guitar reviews and pick one up. Prolly just mine and see Smiley's stuff. I couldn't see myself spending more than 200$, prolly 100$ is my spot.

In totally unrelated news. Could someone recommend a space that would give a similar recommendation except for a semi-portable keyboard best bang for buck? Like how Smiley recommended?

#1841 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

OK... So I tried to get Music123 to price match this today and the guy (Matthew) out and out lied and said he had called the store and it was a floor model. I knew he was lying about calling the store (any of you that have tried to actually get a BB from the toll free number know what I'm talking about), but I figured the guitar was, indeed on the wall, so I didn't press the issue... But when I called the actual store (thank you, deep Google search), the guy was cool, but I didn't have the SKU. I drove BACK to the office and logged in to get the SKU and called him back. He said he didn't see that guitar but he'd look around and call me back. Being Best Buy, I thought - Yeah right... But he did call back - and told me he had found this guitar on a shelf in the warehouse.... I think he was as surprised as I was to find it actually in stock... I couldn't pass it up. 75 miles later, it was mine...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a Fender Classic Series '60s Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red... Brand new, in the box... $325.99. Sells for $799.99 at MF and GC... I LOVE it. Mint green pickguard, aged knobs, Fender vintage pickups. It's the top of the line as far as Mexican Fenders go.

I can't wait to play this baby.

What was the SKU #?
Posted Image

#1842 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

crazedracerguy

Man are you lucking out with all those fenders. What did you think of the neck on your prs se? I wasn't able to get any deals on fenders. So I am probally going to get an SE Custom 24. Not sure if I am going to like the wide thin neck though.

Edited by drastion, 16 January 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#1843 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Man are you lucking out with all those fenders. What did you think of the neck on your prs se? I wasn't able to get any deals on fenders. So I am probally going to get an SE Custom 24. Not sure if I am going to like the wide thin neck though.

Mine was a little different because of the "metal" aspect. It feels great to play, but the XJ frets throw me off. I'd probably feel better on it if I lifted it up, but a "metal" guitar shouldn't have to sit at your chest :)

It's a great guitar, though. Really smooth. Inlays are perfect, even though they're huge, you can't feel them.

I'll grab the sku this morning when I get to the car.

Currently Playing:

#1844 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

what was the sku #?

7927265 - 325.99

#1845 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Nice. Congrats on the find:beer:
Don't remember if it popped up in my BB searches. But I really gotta put a lid on it or sell off a bunch of stuff. It's getting mickey-fickey crazy.

Spent last night on bass only. Man, my fingers are in pain today
Haven't felt this in a looong time.:lol: But it's a nice change of pace.

So far, I've only done plucking and the occasional picking song. But in one night I ranked up to level 4. leveled a bunch of songs over 90k and unlocked a couple of the secret songs.
This is trippy:-s

#1846 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Nice. Congrats on the find:beer:
Don't remember if it popped up in my BB searches. But I really gotta put a lid on it or sell off a bunch of stuff. It's getting mickey-fickey crazy.

I feel your pain. I really think the PRS is gonna be gone. Just gotta check the box fit. I think I can get close to what I paid...

Currently Playing:

#1847 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Bought a Musician's Gear Deluxe hard shell bass case with the LivingSocial promo because I couldn't find anything else I wanted on the last day. Protection seems okay (it's a bit longer than you'd expect though), and like some reviews mentioned there is definitely some funky smell coming from it, almost like gasoline. Overall opinion: Not worth the $55-60 typical asking price but I basically got it for less than half that so I don't mind so much.

#1848 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

RS updates are slim. The PC version is still $38 thru Amazon & that's it. Most other places have the console versions at 60 for the new version. The old version is getting a bit harder to find at those clearance prices.

And how about a bass guitar deal.
AMS has the Kramer Striker (in black) for $149.95
http://www.americanm...Feeds/Ndnd.aspx
Think it's been around this price before so here's another shot if you were hesitant last time.
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
For me, I spent another night on bass and had a more normal experience. Played thru 3 events and only ranked up one level. But I did clear most songs at 90k and unlocked 2 more secret songs
But man, my fingers are toast. Started getting HO/PO's, bends, and some songs kinda force you to stretch your fingers out across 4 frets (much harder to do on bass).

If you have any troubles on guitar, try doing it on bass. It's like weight training for guitar:lol:

BTW, haven't had a chance to take pics but I went with the Hofner solid body bass
http://www.hofner-gu...s/185-bass.html
Wasn't gonna do a big spending spree so looked at stuff in the 300< range.
Saw plenty of stuff but nothing that made me "hafta have" stupid. Got a nice deal of 250 for the bass and official hof case. Bonus in that the shop had it set-up well to play so it was ready to go outta the box
Now to decide what kinda of strings to put on: flip-flopping between halfrounds and flats, but leaning towards halfs

Protection seems okay (it's a bit longer than you'd expect though), and like some reviews mentioned there is definitely some funky smell coming from it, almost like gasoline.

Yeah, I've bought a couple of musicians gear cases and both had that smell. One worse than the other.
1st one was the basic black case for an electric guitar and that one really stunk. Left it out in the backyard to air out for a few days and it still didn't go away for a while longer.
2nd one was the tweed and that one had the smell, but it went away in a day. Plus this case was sooo much better quality than the black. Think it was 55 on a weekly deal

#1849 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Oh, gotta say BREED is as much fun on bass as it is on guitar.
OK honey was more fun on bass
And can't believe Space Ostrich was locked as a secret song:bomb:. I've been missing out for too long.

#1850 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Is the tweed one really that much better? I assumed it was the same with some cloth on top lol

#1851 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Is the tweed one really that much better? I assumed it was the same with some cloth on top lol

As far as the guitar cases go, the tweed was a better design and better build.

It's hard to tell from the pics but the lid on the black case is more like a cap which overlaps the bottom half. Where the tweed is a clamshell design so both halfs line up flush. Tweed had squared off corners vs the black with rounded corners. Just different designs

The tweed was all around more solid vs the black that had alot of flex and wobble. Of course, don't know if this translates to the bass cases. And the black case is still fine at a low enough price

And looking at the site, I see they now have ABS molded cases for guitar and bass
http://www.music123....ctric-bass-case
http://www.music123....ric-guitar-case
Wonder how those stack up to road runner cases of the same type.

Off topic, but just saw this LP. Kinda interesting
http://www.music123....h80019000004002

#1852 warpedsoul

warpedsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

I would say if you find a great deal get it while you can. I missed out on a few while I tried to decide if it was what I wanted. Guitarcenter used online section can be annoying though. Bad pics and little to no description. Some times they don't even show the model just the brand. Just them trying to get you on the phone.

Here is a pic of my newest guitar. Followed shortly by another most likely a se custom 24.

Posted Image

I have that same guitar and love it. Playing it right now actually. I traded an ESP EC-400 for it and do not regret it!!!

I'm a metal guy, so the stock pickups weren't as hot as I like. A guy in Denmark actually paid me $155 for the stock pickups. I was able to score the Seymour Duncan 59 neck and Custom 5 bridge for it. Sounds really good. I put it right up there with my Gibson Les Paul Studio.

#1853 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

I have that same guitar and love it. Playing it right now actually. I traded an ESP EC-400 for it and do not regret it!!!

I'm a metal guy, so the stock pickups weren't as hot as I like. A guy in Denmark actually paid me $155 for the stock pickups. I was able to score the Seymour Duncan 59 neck and Custom 5 bridge for it. Sounds really good. I put it right up there with my Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Got my 245 just to have something different. Really liking the wide fat neck and short scale makes feel really nice in the hand.

Nice deal on the pickups that's for sure. Pickups are something I haven't experimented with at all yet. Mainly because I just don't know what the differences would be.

You don't know of any site that gives a good rundown of different pickups? Preferably with sound clips using the same guitar.

#1854 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

As far as the guitar cases go, the tweed was a better design and better build.

It's hard to tell from the pics but the lid on the black case is more like a cap which overlaps the bottom half. Where the tweed is a clamshell design so both halfs line up flush. Tweed had squared off corners vs the black with rounded corners. Just different designs

The tweed was all around more solid vs the black that had alot of flex and wobble. Of course, don't know if this translates to the bass cases. And the black case is still fine at a low enough price

Hm if that's really the difference between them I think I would've paid the $15 dollar difference to get the tweed if I could turn back time, but at this point it can't possibly be worth paying the return shipping just to change it out. It's got 4 latches VS the black's 3 too now that I look at the pictures. Oh well. FWIW the black bass case has the same overlapping top half that you mentioned, so I wouldn't be surprised if the guitar and bass versions are just differently sized clones of each other in every respect.

#1855 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

To you guys that have been unlocking the secret songs via bass, does that unlock it for guitar as well? I'm getting to a point where it's starting to seem impossible to unlock the rest. And I tried resetting to the lowest level through the menu, but the requirements to perform events seemed to stay just as high.

If starting on bass will work ill give it a try that way. Otherwise I think I may delete my data but I hate to have to do that

#1856 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

To you guys that have been unlocking the secret songs via bass, does that unlock it for guitar as well? I'm getting to a point where it's starting to seem impossible to unlock the rest. And I tried resetting to the lowest level through the menu, but the requirements to perform events seemed to stay just as high.

If starting on bass will work ill give it a try that way. Otherwise I think I may delete my data but I hate to have to do that

Don't erase you save. Just create a new user on your system. If you are just trying to unlock more songs. At least that is what I did on my ps3 I assume you can make multiple users on a xbox as well.

I did it that way and the game decided to be funny and make my encore song the secret song I just unlocked in my last set. I sure didn't find it funny as I was flying untill I hit that brick wall and failed to get my double encore. Really ticked me because I had not leveled it up at all so I had no chance to get a high score.

Edited by drastion, 18 January 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#1857 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, it's suppose to unlock for use in either bass or guitar. Exception being songs like Star Spangle Banner,which don't have a bass track. But did read about a glitch where secret songs unlocked on guitar weren't showing up on the bass side BUT secret songs unlocked on bass WERE showing up fine in both modes

For me, all the secret songs I had unlocked thru bass, popped up last night on the guitar side as soon as a new event loaded up.

And personal choice on wiping out your progress to start new. I've put in enough time now that I'd be fine starting from scratch again. It'd be like a new challenge to see how much I've improved. And thinking about it, it'd let me pick and choose which songs I WANT mastered so only those pop up as encores

Man, I wish they'd give us the option of creating&saving custom set lists

#1858 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I started a new profile on the upstairs Xbox hard drive. It's kind of fun seeing songs that you used to struggle a bit with come up and you knock out 70 or 80,000 on the first run...

I'm trying to reteach myself how to hold a pick, so right now I'm kind of losing score in some songs. Have to change how I hold the pick so I can improve at hybrid picking...

Currently Playing:

#1859 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Don't erase you save. Just create a new user on your system. If you are just trying to unlock more songs. At least that is what I did on my ps3 I assume you can make multiple users on a xbox as well.

I did it that way and the game decided to be funny and make my encore song the secret song I just unlocked in my last set. I sure didn't find it funny as I was flying untill I hit that brick wall and failed to get my double encore. Really ticked me because I had not leveled it up at all so I had no chance to get a high score.

But if I created a new user & unlocked songs under that profile, wouldn't they only be available to that new profile? Or would they indeed be unlocked to every user no matter who unlocks them?

#1860 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

No it would just be on that one profile. That's why I got one for the songs and one for high score.