Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3721 replies to this topic

#1501 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

Don't have an acoustic, but sounds like the electric string tweaked the neck.
Maybe give it a couple of days to settle back now that you put on the right string

No such luck. Got desperate and adjusted the truss rod. I little turn counter clockwise and the notes are no longer dead. Turned a little more just to see if I could reduced buzz. Got rid of a little, but I was afraid to turn anymore lol

#1502 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

the CAG formerly known as rbarba4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Sam Ash is at it again. They just added another model to their Gibson blowout sale.
The Melody Maker dual p90 models are $429
http://www.samash.co... Guitar_1759059
Lowest priced American made Gibsons out there, unless you find any of the single pup Melody makers. But if you're considering these, you gotta compare'em with the Gibson LPjr's that Zzounds is selling at $500 (at least try to PM).

Amazon has the Schecter PT fastback @ $354
http://www.amazon.co...4610444&sr=1-29
If it's half as good as the standard PT, then you'll be real happy with it. Hard to say if it'll drop lower. Seen alot of other deals dry up sooner than they should've. But hey, maybe I'm just being too much of a cheapass:)

And Sweetwater has a Gibson LP 50s tribute Goldtop for $675
http://www.sweetwate...etail/LPST5HGT/

Just purchased at $29.99 on Amazon.

Edit: It's the old version.

Thanks. Looks like they also put the New Version on sale @ $60
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image http://www.amazon.co...words=rocksmith

#1503 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

2nd straight week for
New DLC Day!!!
Pantera week; available as individual downloads or as a song pack
*Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
*Domination - Pantera
*Walk - Pantera
xbox link http://marketplace.x...15-d80255530873

Hellomusic another G&L tribute tele @ $329, this time in trans-red
http://www.hellomusi....aspx?did=15975

And someone on SD noticed that MF has a couple guitars on sale, which also qualify for an additional 20% discount
Schecter SGR solo6 guitar(white)@ 143. Throw it in your cart and it goes down to $115
http://www.musicians...h78876000003000
Schecter SGR c-4 bass guitar(white)@ 159. Goes down to $128
http://www.musicians...h78875000001000
SGR is the new budget line for Schecter; kinda like what Epiphone->Gibson, Squier->Fender. Think Schecter started the budget line this past year.

And while digging thru, I found a few other guitars on sale.
Vox SDC33 @ $330 (all finishes)
http://www.musicians...electric-guitar
Vox SSC33 @ $330 (most finishes)
Schecter Tempest @ $300(goldtop) or $330(white)
ESP h330-nt @ $250 (white
Gibson Les Paul Nitrous @ $900 (electric lime, orange glow)
Those Vox guitars have some interesting pups and selector switches. I'll try to post some review links that I found the other day

#1504 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Itchin' to get on the road Friday :)

New DLC hint for next week tomorrow. According to Paul Cross's tweet, it's 2 more "MONSTER" additions the next 2 weeks... Each, if his tweet was any indication, will be an artist pack of 3 songs each...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#1505 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

I saw Target, in store, had the original version of Rocksmith marked down to $29.99 for both PS3 and 360, if anyone is looking for a copy.

#1506 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Next week's DLC is a 3 pack of Nickelback. I am actually looking forward to learning those songs...

Currently Playing:

#1507 diablodeltoro

diablodeltoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

i picked up a ps3 old version for $15 at my Sams Club today...

#1508 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

I was not looking to buy any pedals any time soon but with I deal like this I could not pass. J&r has some tri mode pedals on sale for 49.00 priced 179.99 at muscians friends. Price match will get you a $65 gift card. Price match music 123 and it will be less than 20.

www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?Ntt=akai+tri

#1509 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Drastion... I'm not sure if I love you or hate you. I think I love you. I KNOW my wallet hates you...

Found a Fender American Tele PERFECT in black for 475 today with the SKB OHSC...

And now I'm sitting here debating a Schecter Damien Elite for... Wait for it... 167.99... I don't think I can pass it up...

EDIT: Ok, I passed on the Schecter. it was too similar to the ESP I have to justify buying it right now... Bought the American Tele...

Posted Image

Crazy... Less than half price from MF, and that's with MF having the Fender rebate on. Couldn't pass that up...

EDIT 2: I just realized that my Jaguar AND this American Tele were paid for with the credit from trading in my PS3 at Gamestop... Between flipping games, buying a Squier Rock Band Strat (that I them sold on Ebay) and $40 of Shopkick, it all but paid for both of these axes. Pretty awesome. God, I love CAG!

Edited by crazedracerguy, 07 December 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#1510 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Where did you buy this? Where was the schecter elite?
Posted Image

#1511 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

I was not looking to buy any pedals any time soon but with I deal like this I could not pass. J&r has some tri mode pedals on sale for 49.00 priced 179.99 at muscians friends. Price match will get you a $65 gift card. Price match music 123 and it will be less than 20.

www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?Ntt=akai+tri

Hmmm, where is the $65 gift card coming from?

#1512 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Where did you buy this? Where was the schecter elite?

Both at a Best Buy about 70 miles north of me. The Schecter was mislabeled... It was labeled as a C-1, but it was actually a Damien Elite (EMG 81/85 Pups, cross inlay on fretboard, damien elite on the truss rod cover). They sell for 499 at MF and Amazon, but they had it labeled as a C-1 and the tag said "was 329, Now 167.99". I'm pretty sure they never sold it for that... So it was an amazing (mislabeled) deal - I just didn't need another "Rock" guitar...

Currently Playing:

#1513 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Drastion... I'm not sure if I love you or hate you. I think I love you. I KNOW my wallet hates you...

Found a Fender American Tele PERFECT in black for 475 today

Congrats man!
Kinda moved on since it's slim pickins round here

Hmmm, where is the $65 gift card coming from?

Musicians friend current PM promo is 150%. But the way it works is to match the sale price of other store, then give 50% of price diff on a giftcard (good towards future purchase).

Alternative is Music123 who'll currently do 123% PM. No giftcard, but it brings the price down lower, without a future purchase requirement

#1514 czissis

czissis

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Finally got around to picking up a copy at the local Walmart for $20. The guy working the register was shocked at the price.

#1515 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Oh... Funny story about the Tele today... So I grab it and take it to the counter and the guy working there is a small Indian guy. I say "Can you grab the case for it?". He says it doesn't come with one. I say wrong and point the case to him and he says "I can't reach it." I'm like RU serious? I tell him to get a manager. The manger comes and looks at it and says "I don't know if I can reach it". I thought... Please don't make me call corporate and tell them someone blew a $500 sale because they didn't want to climb a ladder... Dumbasses. It's not like its a Cheapy case - it's a fender branded SKB hard case that goes for $149 by itself.

Anyway, there was the Schecter still at this store, a 40 watt tube fender classic reverb amp ($3?9), a left handed standard Strat ($179), quite a few pawn shop '72s and '51s (500-ish), some Gibson melody makers and not much else that caught my eye. Probably the picking are slim, at this point. If the pawn shops drop lower to the range of my jaguar, I may snag one. Otherwise, I'm done for now.

#1516 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

crazedracerguy

Glad you found another great deal. Hopefully that keep you happy with your guitars for a long while.

#1517 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

For those new to or looking to buy Rocksmith: RCA/Toslink adapter for Xbox
This is your best method for eliminating lag. I have mine set up with an HDMI and this. There are plenty if places to buy this for cheep, but I was browsing my emails this morning and came across it. $2.23 +shipping (I think usually around $2.50 or so when I've ordered small items from them). It made me think of the multiple times I've seen the issue of lag discussed in here. Not sure what the best solution for PS3 is however.

#1518 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

PSA Time:
Today's the last day for the Bestbuy RZone deal. Still some time left before stores close. Not likely to drop lower than $50 'til some time next year. So good time as any to get started.

And in general, Change your Strings!:). It's easy to get used to old strings. But it's sooo much nicer with a fresh set

#1519 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the day is a Viper 330 for $249... usually $399. I can PERSONALLY vouch for this guitar. I bought a B stock copy from Hello Music months ago. It is a really nice playing rock/metal guitar. Comfortable neck, jumbo frets, EMG 81/85s.

http://www.musicians...5A&src=3GOA2F5A

I got my price match for the Akai distortion pedal from Music123. $19.10 after price match. Not bad for a $179 pedal :) Thanks yet again, Drastion.

Currently Playing:

#1520 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Not that I need another one, but just got a 10% code from Amazon so maybe they will put up some nice deal on a guitar in the next week =]

#1521 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

What's the best way to utilize the rocksmith game for an absolute guitar beginner? And what should I be doing for practice in the beginning when i'm not using rocksmith?

Thanks in advance!

#1522 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

What's the best way to utilize the rocksmith game for an absolute guitar beginner? And what should I be doing for practice in the beginning when i'm not using rocksmith?

Thanks in advance!

Work through the first songs. They lay the groundwork for what you need to know later. Once you open Ducks, play it some to help with the fret board.

For practice outside of RS, a lot of people have used the lessons on justinguitar.com - they're free and surprisingly good. They will give you a solid basis for playing the game. You'll be surprised how quickly you pick things up. Just don't get discouraged - it takes a long time to learn guitar, but it's awesome to be able to do it. If you're really serious about it, you'll see your time playing other games go down and you'll spend a couple of hours a day playing guitar...

Currently Playing:

#1523 Lonsta

Lonsta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Where's the cheapest place I can pick up the USB cable to hook this into a real guitar? This might be helpful info on the OP! :)

#1524 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Uh...it comes with every copy of the game, except the PC digital download versions.

#1525 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Work through the first songs. They lay the groundwork for what you need to know later. Once you open Ducks, play it some to help with the fret board.

For practice outside of RS, a lot of people have used the lessons on justinguitar.com - they're free and surprisingly good. They will give you a solid basis for playing the game. You'll be surprised how quickly you pick things up. Just don't get discouraged - it takes a long time to learn guitar, but it's awesome to be able to do it. If you're really serious about it, you'll see your time playing other games go down and you'll spend a couple of hours a day playing guitar...

Thanks for your help! and yeah i've been playing the ducks game a decent amount trying to memorize fret placement.

#1526 Lonsta

Lonsta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Uh...it comes with every copy of the game, except the PC digital download versions.

I found a copy at a local game store, game only... no cable. This is why I asked the question.

#1527 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Must've been either used or open box then, every sealed copy I've ever seen has it. Was it an Xbox/PS3 case only? The new ones come in a carton.

#1528 Lonsta

Lonsta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Sorry, should have mentioned it was used. Someone apparently traded it in, game only, no cable. It was less than $20 so I figured if I could find the cable somewhere that might be my cheapest route...

#1529 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Just a question for people that got the schecter damien special last year. Were the frets on your guitar crowned? Found out that the flat ones on my guitar are not normal. Was that the same for anyone elses. Does not matter much now. Just trying to decide if I want to go threw the effort of crowning it myself.

#1530 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hope that schecter goes on sale again.
Posted Image