Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3721 replies to this topic

#2011 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Just call whichever store you want to use, tell them what you want and tell them it's a price match. They can search for it on amazon and they'll pm it. At MF, you'll get the gift certificate via email in 2 weeks. At M123, you'll get the 123% match immediately.

That's not necessarily the case at music123. I've place 3 orders with them and all three times they did an exact price match first and I had to remind them of the 23%, which they then added manually. So make sure you know what the price should be and make sure it matches the quote they give you prior to finalizing your order.

#2012 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Cool. I was hoping you could do it without calling via email or something.

Anyway, now I have to decide to go through with it or not and if I want the guitar cheaper or the gift card to get a case for the guitar. :D

#2013 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

blucadet3

You can do it through email on music123.

Just go to the page for the item you want and hit the found a better price button. It will give you a little form to fill out. You need to price to match and the url or the site you are trying to match.

It works sometimes but really calling is the best way to do it.

#2014 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

For you newer guys looking for gear, here are some codes for Guitar Center:

10% off item greater than $99 + Free Shipping: FEB10

These do exist for almost every music site. Look around and you can really get some great deals, or even more guitar for your money.

#2015 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

blucadet3

You can do it through email on music123.

Just go to the page for the item you want and hit the found a better price button. It will give you a little form to fill out. You need to price to match and the url or the site you are trying to match.

It works sometimes but really calling is the best way to do it.

Calling is always the best for this kind of stuff. I once ordered an item and it was placed on back order as soon as I ordered it. It's no big deal, I am a pretty patient person, for the most part. Anyways, I called them a few weeks later, and was calm about it. They ended up sending me a more expensive drum throne, for the original price of the one I had ordered.

They have plenty of room to move prices.

#2016 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

the CAG formerly known as rbarba4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Today's menu features a pot luck edition of
New DLC Day!!!
*Black Betty - Ram Jam
*Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas
*You've Got Another Thing Comin' - Judas Priest

And anyone stop by a local Sam Ash store lately?
Their P-day flyer advertised those Tribute Firebirds for $500. Only, the pic was of the cherry models. Curious if they had the other finishes on sale too.

#2017 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Well I traded my beautiful PRS SE 245 for a Schecter Solo-6 Custom, and couldn't be happier with it.

Posted Image

A little late, but Nice8-)
Reminds me of the DBZ Bolero
Wouldn't mind owning either one:)

#2018 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hey guys, I picked up this game with cable as I always wanted to mess around with a bass guitar. Any low end bass recommendations for a rank novice?

I have a Dean bass that I got for about $110-$125 on amazon. It's decent enough, though the action was a bit high. I'd try to find one in store so you can have it set up:)

#2019 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I understand, but I have a fairly small gaming budget and can pick up a PG guitar for about $20.

Thanks. Please post or PM with the results.

This is your problem. You're viewing this entirely the wrong way. Rocksmith is not a "video game". It's a tool for people who want to learn how to play guitar. If you actually want to learn how to play guitar, save up a couple months of "gaming budget" and get somethng that won't make your efforts pointless.

You haven't had multiple people tell you this because they want to sound like elitist douchebags. But a $20 "guitar" is going to do nothing to convince you to keep practicing. Learning guitar isn't something that happens overnight. It's not only mentally challenging, but it's physically demanding as well. Your fingers are going to crack and bleed until they've calloused up enough to withstand the pressure from the strings.

As others have mentioned, it's even reasonably probable that the intonation and structural integrity of the Power Gig guitar isn't good enough for Rocksmith to even register all of the frets/strings (translation: even if it "works"...it might not recognize the correct notes or might not register every string pluck). I hate being somebody to tell people "don't play" but if $20 is really all you've got to buy a guitar...your efforts would be much better spent hitting up a friend or relative who wanted to impress some girl 10 years ago and has a dusty guitar sitting in their closet.

#2020 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

On the subject of buying the Power Gig guitar for $20:
Don't do it. You WILL regret it.
Reasons why include: It's a 3/4th scale guitar, with extra-small frets. It's made of plastic, and thus has a horrible tone. It has the cheapest tuning pegs I've ever seen. It absolutely will not stay in tune as you play. The weight and size are not typical for a guitar and it will feel like a toy in your hands. Being the shorter neck scale, you won't learn good muscle memory that you can apply later to a full-size guitar. You'll also have trouble finding strings for it when you break one.

I own one of these. Trust me on this. I bought it cheap, mainly to use with the Power Gig game. But it's a terrible, terrible excuse for a guitar. Save yourself some frustration, wait a little while, and save up another $50-$80 on top of that $20 you want to spend. For under $100, you can get a decent cheapy-starter guitar that, while maybe not GREAT, will be infinitely higher quality than this POS. Trust me!!

#2021 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

On the subject of buying the Power Gig guitar for $20:
Don't do it. You WILL regret it.
Reasons why include: It's a 3/4th scale guitar, with extra-small frets. It's made of plastic, and thus has a horrible tone. It has the cheapest tuning pegs I've ever seen. It absolutely will not stay in tune as you play. The weight and size are not typical for a guitar and it will feel like a toy in your hands. Being the shorter neck scale, you won't learn good muscle memory that you can apply later to a full-size guitar. You'll also have trouble finding strings for it when you break one.

I own one of these. Trust me on this. I bought it cheap, mainly to use with the Power Gig game. But it's a terrible, terrible excuse for a guitar. Save yourself some frustration, wait a little while, and save up another $50-$80 on top of that $20 you want to spend. For under $100, you can get a decent cheapy-starter guitar that, while maybe not GREAT, will be infinitely higher quality than this POS. Trust me!!

This. I never got around to testing my PG guitar on RS, but I don't think it's worth the frustration to even dig it out of the basement.

You can also check pawn shops. Sometimes you can find decent "dinged up" guitars for cheap. That's where I got mine from. One isn't very pretty, but it sounds and plays decent for the $20 I spent on it. My bass I paid $120 for, a 5-string Washburn Bantam, and it's near perfect.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#2022 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Zoom G2.1DM effects pedal is $99.99 at Amazon fulfilled by SamAsh. Pedal is normally $249.99, so it's a nice discount. Says 2-3 days additional processing time, but mine shipped next day. Should have it Thursday.

http://www.amazon.co...61321318&sr=8-5

#2023 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

http://1saleaday.com/flash/

There are quite a few guitars on sale today at 1saleaday. Don't know if any of them are good, but some of these might be of interest.

#2024 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'm back to this thread for more troubleshooting... So my buddy has a pretty sweet Fender Strat that he is willing to sell me. He let me borrow it for a bit, and I am in love. Went to try it on Rocksmith, and it kept telling me all of my strings were not in tune. It said they were all sharp by like +23 or so. It was very clearly in tune, but for shiggles I dropped everything like it was telling me. Then when it prompted me to play the strings one at a time to double check, it again said I was sharp by +20 something. Anyone ever hear/experience anything like this? I really love this guitar, but it would suck if I wasn't able to use it with my intended teaching tool.

#2025 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

so what's the best deal right now...i missed the $30 deal

#2026 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

so what's the best deal right now...i missed the $30 deal

$30 at Gamestop till the 26th.

#2027 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I really love this guitar, but it would suck if I wasn't able to use it with my intended teaching tool.

Use a real tuner. Sometimes RS is just dumbassed about tuning. Make sure it's turned up, etc. I use Fenders (5 of them, to be exact) all the time and have no issues at all. If you can't get it to work, he can sell it to me. I will ALWAYS buy a cheap Fender ;)

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#2028 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Use a real tuner. Sometimes RS is just dumbassed about tuning. Make sure it's turned up, etc. I use Fenders (5 of them, to be exact) all the time and have no issues at all. If you can't get it to work, he can sell it to me. I will ALWAYS buy a cheap Fender ;)

I was tuned using a tuner. The game wouldn't let me progress to play a song because it insisted I was out of tune. I'll give it another shot and hope for the best. I don't expect I will pass on the guitar just because it doesnt work with RS, especially since it is probably a bargain ($300).

#2029 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

I was tuned using a tuner. The game wouldn't let me progress to play a song because it insisted I was out of tune. I'll give it another shot and hope for the best. I don't expect I will pass on the guitar just because it doesnt work with RS, especially since it is probably a bargain ($300).

How old are the strings? I had a problem with one of mine tuning up right, and when I finally got it just right, the string broke. I replaced all of the strings and it tuned just fine.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#2030 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Just saw this over on another site:
Gladiator SSS strat in white for $80 shipped.
http://www.musicfact...lectric_Guitars
also available in black for the same price

Been pretty good about not buying gear lately but kinda want this. Don't own any strat with single coils (wilkinson pups at that). And want to spend time with something like this. Plus, I like the open pore finish in white

And, considering the recent talk of the Powergig guitar, maybe I should start posting more budget models again. Amazon will occasionally knock a model or two down to the $60 range.

At least those budget models have a chance of being turned into good guitars with a little bit of elbow grease;)

#2031 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Check your email - I got a $20 eCert from MusiciansFriend. Don't even have an account, I guess i'm on the mailing list - forget how since I've never ordered from them =]

Works just like cash though, so i got a 3-pack of strings, some lemon oil, and 2 Planetwave microfiber cleaning cloths for $10.

#2032 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I only got 10 from them, better than nothing but ill have to check what the minimum purchase for free shipping is later to see if its worth using

#2033 chinitoX

chinitoX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Rocksmith Guitar and Bass (Xbox360) currently $29.99 at Amazon. PS3 version $48.99.

http://www.amazon.co...r and bass xbox

#2034 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I'm really kicking myself in the butt for paying full price for it from best buy last week :(

#2035 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Rocksmith Guitar and Bass (Xbox360) currently $29.99 at Amazon. PS3 version $48.99.

http://www.amazon.co...r and bass xbox

Looks like they've PM'd Gamestop. But I guess not enough people submitted the PS3 version.

#2036 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'm really kicking myself in the butt for paying full price for it from best buy last week :(

Buy a copy from GS at $30, return that copy to BB for full price...

Currently Playing:

#2037 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hello Music has the Coffin Case G185 on sale for $69.
http://www.hellomusi...electric-purple
I'd grab it for my Firebird but don't think it'll fit length-wise. And don't have anything else that's an oddball shape

Check your email - I got a $20 eCert from MusiciansFriend. Don't even have an account, I guess i'm on the mailing list - forget how since I've never ordered from them =]

Works just like cash though, so i got a 3-pack of strings, some lemon oil, and 2 Planetwave microfiber cleaning cloths for $10.

Zippo for me.

Guess I've done too many PM's for them to bother:razz:

#2038 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Thank you. I rarely bother with the emails I get from them (or any of the othe music stores) so I may not have seen this before the Feb 28 expiration.

There is a coupon code for 10% off accessories $39 and up. I assume you can use both. Now to see if I can find a new pedal or powered pedal board.

#2039 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Synyster Gates Deluxe Electric guitar... $299 at MF, 599 at zzSounds...

http://www.musicians...electric-guitar

Currently Playing:

#2040 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Hello Music has the Coffin Case G185 on sale for $69.
http://www.hellomusi...electric-purple
I'd grab it for my Firebird but don't think it'll fit length-wise. And don't have anything else that's an oddball shape

Zippo for me.

Guess I've done too many PM's for them to bother:razz:

damn it sold out before I could ask if it would fit my ultracure :cry: