Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals ** New DLC Day! - various Yacht Rock (like the Pina Colada song) **

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3597 replies to this topic

#1651 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Believe me I thought a while about the Jag too but 1) I'm getting sick of black, 2) I don't have gift cards lying around from trades and still had the rest of my Christmas shopping to go, 3) the vintage frets and short scale didn't feel like what I wanted.

#1652 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

A great deal on a super nice stand $17.99

www.buy.com/prod/hercules-gs414bn-guitar-stand-with-free-neck-cradle/234077565.html

Hercules makes good stuff

Kinda want the cradle more than the stand:)

#1653 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Funny how since I feel bad for only getting one guitar over the season. If I really needed them I would have gotten a bunch of those straps and like crazedracerguy and get a case for my prs. Otherwise I would just feel guilty buying stuff so I can get money back even though I don't need the original stuff.

#1654 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

crazedracerguy

What do you think of the jag compared to the stratocaster? I still really want to get a nice fender for that hendrix cobain sound. Just have not seen any great deals on them that I was going to be able to get in on. Tried my ass off for those bestbuy deals but was never able to get anything.

#1655 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

crazedracerguy

What do you think of the jag compared to the stratocaster? I still really want to get a nice fender for that hendrix cobain sound. Just have not seen any great deals on them that I was going to be able to get in on. Tried my ass off for those bestbuy deals but was never able to get anything.

I'm always going to love my strat, so it's hard to compare. I don't see/feel a huge difference in the scale of the neck. The knobs and dials make some cool sounds possible. I just haven't played it enough to know how much I will like it or play it over my Strat.

I have another BB that, when I looked back at the stuff you posted, didn't have a Music Tech for hire, but there IS still a music store there. I have to go up there for work on Thursday, so I'm going to swing by there then. I don't know what they'll have. I'd still like to have that amp, so I'm just trying to justify it.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1656 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Got home a little late, MF/M123 phone lines are closed for Christmas, oh well, always next year if their number crunching doesn't reveal too much abuse of the PM policy lol

#1657 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Well, in case I don't get to post later
Merry Christmas!!!
And since I just heard it on my drive over... enjoy:D

Can't believe we haven't gotten it yet. Seriously, who do I hafta hurt to get this on Rocksmith:lol:

#1658 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

I'm always going to love my strat, so it's hard to compare. I don't see/feel a huge difference in the scale of the neck. The knobs and dials make some cool sounds possible. I just haven't played it enough to know how much I will like it or play it over my Strat.

I have another BB that, when I looked back at the stuff you posted, didn't have a Music Tech for hire, but there IS still a music store there. I have to go up there for work on Thursday, so I'm going to swing by there then. I don't know what they'll have. I'd still like to have that amp, so I'm just trying to justify it.

Best of luck to you I hope you strike gold again even if bank account doesn't.

Trying to decide between a fender and a semi-hollow guitar. Leaning towards fenders because I already have two humbucker guitars. The fender would be the biggest difference to what I already have and easiest to justify.

What would you think would be the best value for the money on a guality fender. Was thinking american standard but don't see them on sale much or any fenders really.

#1659 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Not rocksmith related but here goes

1000 different songs for $1 each for rockband

www.slickdeals.net/f/5741828-Game-Rock-Band-DLC-99-sale-over-1-000-songs?p=56367800&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=177&utm_content=u1609154&utm_campaign=tu-9999

Its probally 10x more complex to make a rocksmith song. One day hopefully we will have a library 1/4 of rockbwnd. Would love me some Hendrix purple haze, ccr, beatles for some old school fun.

#1660 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Just an FYI... Rocksmith (Guitar and Bass---ALL PLATFORMS) is an amazon lightning deal right now for 50% off ($29.99). This includes the cable.

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

#1661 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Rocksmith is in a goldbox deal for 29.99

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008982OUO?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Just click the gold box offer button

#1662 xFate

xFate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Bought another copy mostly for the DLC and second cable. I'll probably sell my first disc copy on eBay now. Man, even since I picked up guitar I just can't stop spending :lol:

#1663 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

I have the original Rocksmith but just bought the new version off Amazon. With the promo credit they gave me from a botched order it only cost me $10 out if pocket. That's better than $30 just for the bass dlc. Now to see what I can get back from the old version on Craigslist. Or maybe I should get generous and give it to a friend

#1664 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Yeah I'm debating getting this to move to PC version and selling the original PS3 version or just waiting for a download only sale and keep the cable.

#1665 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

What would you think would be the best value for the money on a guality fender. Was thinking american standard but don't see them on sale much or any fenders really.

Best value? Standard Strat. Just check to make sure it's a Mexican. There is VERY little difference between my American Tele and my Mexican. Just don't get the Modern Player series. I don't care what anyone says, a Fender made in China isn't a Fender.

Currently Playing:

#1666 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

I seem to have lucked out with Music 123. I got a BUNCH of price quotes back from them last night. Some, the prices had gone up, so the quote sucked, but I got a quote for those DR strings for $2.57 a set and a quote for 100 Cellu-glo picks for $4 or so... I'll probably make use of those. 10.28 for 4 sets of strings will be nice :)

Currently Playing:

#1667 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Best value? Standard Strat. Just check to make sure it's a Mexican. There is VERY little difference between my American Tele and my Mexican. Just don't get the Modern Player series. I don't care what anyone says, a Fender made in China isn't a Fender.

Is this the right one? Should I just stick with the sss style. My ibanez has split coil in the bridge and it sounds interesting.

www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-standard-stratocaster-electric-guitar/h76525

I am still kicking myself for not getting an open box american deluxe from j&r for $672.

#1668 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Those are it but the likelyhood of you finding some used ones on Craigslist for 200-300 is really good that it's not even really worth buying new IMO.

#1669 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I seem to have lucked out with Music 123. I got a BUNCH of price quotes back from them last night. Some, the prices had gone up, so the quote sucked, but I got a quote for those DR strings for $2.57 a set and a quote for 100 Cellu-glo picks for $4 or so... I'll probably make use of those. 10.28 for 4 sets of strings will be nice :)

Yeah I got one for the orange ones. Friends thought they were cool. So I bought a bunch as gifts. Showed in stock a bit later I got another backorder notice. Then either I will get two shipments or they changed my order to 4 and backordered it. Would have liked more but I hope my friends will still like the few I was able to get.

Still have another one for 3.01 if you want another color. On backorder untill the 23rd though.

#1670 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Is this the right one? Should I just stick with the sss style. My ibanez has split coil in the bridge and it sounds interesting.

www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-standard-stratocaster-electric-guitar/h76525

I am still kicking myself for not getting an open box american deluxe from j&r for $672.

Those are it but the likelyhood of you finding some used ones on Craigslist for 200-300 is really good that it's not even really worth buying new IMO.

I'd agree with Psybuster... Used ones are pretty easy to find in REALLY good condition. If you're comfortable with dealing with Craigslisters, you can probably find a really nice deal.

Currently Playing:

#1671 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

That's an idea never really tried craigs list. Makes sence since it is a pretty popular guitar it would be easier to find. I live in a town of about 5,000 so I would have to travel to be able to even look at one. That's why I was super hopefull for the bestbuy deal. If I got to travel a couple hours would want it to be worth it.

Wish they had that daphne blue in the mix. Not the manliest color but its got that seafoan green vibe.

That and I got a good amount of certificates from musiciansfriend. Not in a rush to use them though.

#1672 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I love the Sonic Blue with Mint Green pickguard color combo they have on the Blacktop too. That's probably the biggest issue with used aside from local availability: it could take a while to get a color you really want lol

If you have lots of certificates and nothing better to spend them on maybe getting a new one isn't such a bad idea. They'll have the 2008+ upgrades like improved shielding paint (I think...), free gig bag, and full size trem block you might not get going used. Don't forget the Fender instant discount ($50 for Mexican models IIRC) ends 12/31.

#1673 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

I love the Sonic Blue with Mint Green pickguard color combo they have on the Blacktop too. That's probably the biggest issue with used aside from local availability: it could take a while to get a color you really want lol

If you have lots of certificates and nothing better to spend them on maybe getting a new one isn't such a bad idea. They'll have the 2008+ upgrades like improved shielding paint (I think...), free gig bag, and full size trem block you might not get going used. Don't forget the Fender instant discount ($50 for Mexican models IIRC) ends 12/31.

Thanks for that bit of into I was trying to figure out how long that lasts. Where did you find they come with a bag. I saw the upper models had a mail in offer for a hard case but didn't see one for the below $500.

Its a tough choice with the 10% off code they have going I could get the guitar for free with still some of the certificate left over.

Maybe save one and use it towards a pricematch on some noiseless pickups wich seems to be the major difference between the american standard and deluxe.

#1674 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hm maybe I just remember wrong but I seem to recall reading some announcement that they'd be adding bags to increase value for the Mexican models. Might have just been 2006 for the 60th anniversary.

#1675 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Maybe that's it. Not a big deal either way. I already bought a fender deluxe gigbag for my schecter. So if I don't get a higher one that will be its home.

#1676 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

So I got my sister Rocksmith for :360: for X-mas and I read this warning inside the Rocksmith manual

We never recommend using HDMI as your primary sound source. If you are experiencing lag and are using HDMI for audio, try switching to component cables. Alternately, you can use an Xbox 360 Audio Adaptor Cable (show below) with an external audio source like speakers, headphones, stereo, or home theater system. If HDMI is your primary sound source, we recommend that you do not use your TV's speakers for sound.

I was just wondering if anybody was experiencing lag using just HDMI cables and If I should invest in a pair of component cables if this is true? Thanks fellas and ROCK ON!!
Posted Image

#1677 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

There is a delay setting in the game to help get it inline. You should notice right away if there is a problem.

#1678 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I have a quick question.

Is the "Bass" add-on content that is on the disc for "Rocksmith Guitar and Bass" or is it a code packaged with the game?

I have the original and wasn't sure if I bought the new one if I could just redeem a code and sell/trade the game disc or if the content was locked on the disc.

#1679 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

So I got my sister Rocksmith for :360: for X-mas and I read this warning inside the Rocksmith manual

I was just wondering if anybody was experiencing lag using just HDMI cables and If I should invest in a pair of component cables if this is true? Thanks fellas and ROCK ON!!

I have my XBox connected to my Pioneer receiver via HDMI and I haven't noticed any lag. It's weird that they note that if you use HDMI you should turn your TV speakers off. If you're using HDMI then why would you have them on to begin with?

Anywho, like others have mentioned there is an option in the menu to adjust for lag but I like I said I haven't seen it with this game or Guitar Hero and Rockband.

#1680 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Yea I had lag issues when I just used HDMI cables. I use an optical out for sound to my receiver and it works a lot better. I never tried to just use the TV speakers, so I couldn't tell you if it lagged that way.
Posted Image
Posted Image