Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals ** New DLC Day! - various Yacht Rock (like the Pina Colada song) **

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3597 replies to this topic

#2731 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hey guys, I'm looking to get into Rooksmith this holiday season. Any advice on What I should do?
Should I hold out for a likely deal on the cable bundle t + get a guitar separately? Black Friday deals?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

You should be able to get a better guitar if you go the separate route.  Bestbuy.com had some choices going at launch.  And there should be more opportunities coming up around the holidays.

But wouldn't be bad if you found one of those old Rocksmith guitar bundles @ Sams Club; has the game+cable+guitar for $50, just SUPER YMMV

And you've got a few options to get started on the game.

Rocksmith 2014 is worth every penny IMO.  

But you could always start with the old version of the game (gone as low as 8 per copy new), work on it for a bit, then buy RS2014 when it hits a sale (keep an eye out around BlackFriday).  This works out since you'll now have a copy of the old game which you can import into RS2014 for an additional 10bucks.

Plus check in to the thread every now & then as we try to also post guitar deals we find.

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8 - tear it up!     Deus Ex HR - sneak, sneak goes the Aug.    

Shovel Knight - clank... goes my shovel against the skull

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 - YACHT ROCK**YACHT ROCK***YACHT ROCK**YACHT ROCK***YACHT ROCK**

Earth Defense Force 2025 - EDF... EDF...EDF!!!

#2732 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

Here's a good guitar on sale:

http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links
Posted Image

#2733 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Can't believe we got an AIC 5 pack but it didn't include No Excuses. That song is built for melodic lead guitar.
Posted Image

#2734 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

They also didn't include Wasted Years with Maiden. I really question some of their song choices sometimes. It leads me to believe they're probably saving some big name songs for future iterations of the game. 

#2735 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

A-men brother. Bring on the classics. I also would really like it if they didn't completely ignore the blues genre. We have 3 blues tracks (all DLC) and that's it. The 2 songs from the original game (Cream and Clapton) don't even carry over. It's a damn shame. They could do so well with a Stevie Ray Vaughn pack or a full BB King pack, or even some older stuff like Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, Bo Diddley, or some Buddy Guy. That's the kind of stuff I wanna learn to play.

I'd like to see a little more blues as well. I'd also like to see a Sun pack w/ Presley, Perkins & Cash. Throw in some tracks from Cochran, Holly, Haley & Berry & I'd be ecstatic. Now that the 50s are covered go ahead and throw in The Who, The Doors, The Beatles, The Hollies, TDC5, Pink Floyd & a proper The Rolling Stones pack. I'm sure The Beatles will not appear any time soon on another platfiorm. Apparently, Harmonix had to pay $40 million for the rights to use The Beatles' tracks in the Rock Band Game.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#2736 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Yeah - common conjecture is tat the Beatles are not do-able, nor are Pink Floyd, Led Zep or Metallica, for various reasons.

Of course, Green Day and Aerosmith were considered untouchable, too, and we got those.

I just really want Def Leppard, Tom Petty and Seether. Any of those 3 would make my year.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#2737 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Beatles Rock Band was a great game.. but yeah it sucks that now we can't learn their songs on real guitars.

As for Pink Floyd and Zeppelin.. the only reason they're not available is because they're against music games for some reason. I know Jimmy Page has been pretty vocal in the past about his distaste of plastic guitars and fake music. Has he not realized Rocksmith is nothing like that? Someone should really ask Zeppelin again for the rights. Or maybe they have but it's too expensive. Who knows..

#2738 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

Beatles Rock Band was a great game.. but yeah it sucks that now we can't learn their songs on real guitars.

As for Pink Floyd and Zeppelin.. the only reason they're not available is because they're against music games for some reason. I know Jimmy Page has been pretty vocal in the past about his distaste of plastic guitars and fake music. Has he not realized Rocksmith is nothing like that? Someone should really ask Zeppelin again for the rights. Or maybe they have but it's too expensive. Who knows..

Well I know there was some hubbub awhile back regarding Pink Floyd music on iTunes. I think the the gist of it was that they didn't want their songs being sold one at a time since the albums are more of an experience. There could be a similar attitude toward music games. Led Zeppelin, I just don't know. I think they just hate money (do a reunion tour, goddammit!).

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#2739 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

No game on demand is killing me. They even have it in the freaking dashboard "rocksmith on demand" link goes to the listing, but its not freaking for sale! Microsoft is giving me blueballs...

I've been playing bass while I wait for 2014. Man, Bass is way easier than guitar.

#2740 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Rocksmith 2014 is $28.14 for a Steam copy via G2A.com. I'm not familiar with the site, but other members are reporting successful transactions.

https://www.g2a.com/...cksmith2014game

http://www.cheapassg...014-steam-2808/

Trade List Games & DLC

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#2741 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

What a steal. I wish pc was the version I wanted. I need it on xbox. I'm getting close to being able to stand on my leg after a surgery I had a while back and I'm jonesin to get my hands on a copy. Just need a deal on it

#2742 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

It might be on sale on Black Friday. Haven't really checked. Take a look at the ads.

#2743 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

I glanced at GameStop, Walmart and Best Buy but didn't see anything. That doesn't mean I've given up completely. There's always amazon and newegg

#2744 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

I glanced at GameStop, Walmart and Best Buy but didn't see anything. That doesn't mean I've given up completely. There's always amazon and newegg

We should see something around BF.  But they'll be online deals.  At least that's how I remember it going down during the past 2 BF/CM.

Amazon liked to toss it up as a lightning deal and BestBuy would do it as part of a 2-day sale. 

And I would guess that the game+cable version'll be the only one to get a sale, even though there's now a game only version

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8 - tear it up!     Deus Ex HR - sneak, sneak goes the Aug.    

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 - YACHT ROCK**YACHT ROCK***YACHT ROCK**YACHT ROCK***YACHT ROCK**

#2745 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

Awesome game and the only GH/RB type game I only bother with, though it only happens around get-togethers.

Still surprises me that it even got made... ya know someone's hell froze over somewhere :D

Current Playlist:

#2746 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Heads-up: If anyone's late to the party, or needs an extra cable they can trust, look at your local Walmart: mine was clearing out the last couple copies of the original 2011 Rocksmith with the cable for $20 - I only saw the 360 versions, but there was a spot for the PS3 version at the same price. Would've jumped on it myself but I only have a bass anymore, although last I looked Best Buy also had used Guitar + Bass discs for $5.

Certainly YMMV, but it doesn't hurt to check.

fs_overall.png

#2747 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

They also didn't include Wasted Years with Maiden. I really question some of their song choices sometimes. It leads me to believe they're probably saving some big name songs for future iterations of the game. 

It's not like any of the songs in the pack are bad choices though, songs that Wasted Years is so much better than. I mean, I don't care for Number of the Beast at all, but that song is going to be a given in any game that gets Maiden DLC. If they had put any Blaze songs or something in, then I could agree with you. But that is a solid pack.

Of course I would have liked Infinite Dreams, Moonchild, Ghost of the Navigator, Where Eagles Dare, and Running Free as well, but I can't say any of those really deserve to be in more than Aces High or Fear of the Dark (well, maybe Infinite Dreams deserves to be in before anything else).

At least a slot isn't taken up by Can I Play With Madness...

#2748 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Heads-up AMEX cardholders!  There's a reward offer of $30 credit when you spend 150 at GuitarCenter, in-store or online.

Noticed it while I was checking on the Bestbuy offer.

And since BlackFriday is right around the corner, did some checking and saw that GC will have an

Epiphone Les Paul Special I for $70 (available in Red, Black, TV Yellow)(from SD post)

http://www.guitarcen...hA0_2Drn3_0_0_0

This one's a bit different from last year's model.  These have humbucker pickups instead of P90's.

If you were thinking of the pack-in model, go for this instead.

Guess I missed the boat on grabbing a TV yellow P90 model.

Finally, MusiciansFriend has another round of CM deals; good today only.

http://www.musicians...ess?icid=204761

Bunch of things to see, but here are a few budget friendly choices.

Schecter SGR Avenger @ $129

http://www.musicians...h90922000002000

BC Rich Avenge SOB @ $180

http://www.musicians...electric-guitar

Squier Bullet HH strat @ $100 (this might be 90 on BF, hard to tell from pic)

http://www.musicians...ar-with-tremolo

ESP Viper 330 @ $230

ESP LTD M53 HSS Strat @ $150

Peavey Marvel IRONMAN 3/4size guitar @ $80

Current Playlist:

#2749 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Looks like Green Day "Basket Case", "Warning" and "Hitchin' A Ride" tomorrow... and probably a Japanese DLC, as well.

Also, Bandfuse will release tomorrow with 50+ on disk tracks and 45 (supposedly) DLC tracks on Day 1 in the XBL and PSN stores.

Currently Playing:

#2750 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

^How's it looking.

Last thing I remember was the E3 2013 demo with BF's head honcho + employees and that was ROUGHHH [-(

Current Playlist:

#2751 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

I couldn't find a review for it. My buddy preordered it. I'll try it out later this week. 

Trade List Games & DLC

PS+ $40

#2752 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

^How's it looking.

Last thing I remember was the E3 2013 demo with BF's head honcho + employees and that was ROUGHHH [-(

Doesn't look easy to play at all. The graphical display is nowhere near as friendly as Rocksmith and as far as I can tell, this game isn't aimed at actually teaching you anything like Rocksmith is.

I'm sure many of us here can read tabs pretty well but playing along to a song in real time with all those numbers speeding past? Forget about it. I'll pass on this one.

#2753 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Doesn't look easy to play at all. The graphical display is nowhere near as friendly as Rocksmith and as far as I can tell, this game isn't aimed at actually teaching you anything like Rocksmith is.

I'm sure many of us here can read tabs pretty well but playing along to a song in real time with all those numbers speeding past? Forget about it. I'll pass on this one.

So it IS pretty much designed for experienced guitarists then.

Like I said,  that E3 demo did nothing for me.  Can't say I wanna jump in when the king and his minions can't put on a decent showing.

But hell, I'll try it at the right price... no idea what that is right now.

Current Playlist:

#2754 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Wow, totally missed hearing anything about Bandfuse.  Anyone know of any store exclusives?  I couldn't find any.

Posted Image

#2755 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

Don't look too hard. This game will be in the bargain bin by Christmas, me thinks.

#2756 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

Don't look too hard. This game will be in the bargain bin by Christmas, me thinks.

The Power Gig of real guitar games I take it

#2757 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:44 AM

According to metacritic there are no reviews for Bandfuse yet. That can't be a good sign. I'll still be on the lookout for it though

#2758 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Let's see...

• Rocksmith originally tried moving tab, but it was too hard to read. BF decided to use it.
  • Even people that preordered on Amazon are getting "We'll ship it to you when we get it" messages.
  • NO ONE seems to be carrying it in store - GS, BB, Target - nobody
  • They touted the fact that they would have 100 songs on launch day... There are no DLC songs in the store at all. So they've lied about that, already.

I am officially OFF the fence. I'll wait and see what happens for a few weeks - see some reviews, see if they actually release some DLC... Right now, it looks pretty sketchy...

Currently Playing:

#2759 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Amazon's website says "temporarily out of stock, get it by January 3, 2014". I suspect the game got pushed out. I'll take the plunge on it. Companies should be rewarded for developing games like these. Otherwise, article headlines might say Something like "Latest Game Using Real Guitar Bombs - Competing Future Games Put On Hold Indefinitely".
Posted Image

#2760 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

If anyone is interested in BF on day 1, Guitar Center atores should have stock, as should Gamestop stores, according to Realta's FB post...

Currently Playing: