Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals** This weeks DLC is Garbage, don't believe me? See for yourself :p**

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3369 replies to this topic

#1381 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

If you are lookng at them. Here is the same type as a wall mount. Two for 25 no use for me but a lot cheaper than the stands

http://www.sweetwate...ail/HercHang2pk

What is it that is bad about nitro finishes on stands. Is it like how they absorb the color of straps into the finish?

#1382 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Wow! REALLY nice deal on a great guitar... I own a ESP LTD Viper 330 with EMG 81/85s that I LOVE playing. Smooth guitar, just a good feel... MF has the ESP LTD Viper 256 P (2 P90 pickups) for 199.99 today... Amazon carries the same thing for 399, which is MFs usual price...

http://www.musicians...electric-guitar

Just in case you were looking for something with P-90s. I can't recommend the ESP LTD line high enough.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1383 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Haha I have been looking into some p90s. At the moment I am trying to get in on one of those insane bestbuy deals.

Has anyone else gotten there tyrant blood storm yet? I have about lost my patience with amazon. Again they sent me a returned item. They didn't even bother to put tape on the darn box. I haven't spent much time with it thought its wiring was messed up when one site said it had a volume and tone nob. It sure has a lot of bottom end in the neck pickup. Almost want to keep it for that and the two knobs. If I did it would probally just stay in the closet though.

#1384 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

What has Best Buy been running? I've seen a couple of things, but not many good ones.

EDIT: Damn... I just saw that Squier Modified Jaguar for $137... I would have bought that guitar if it were for shipping. Guess I need to keep an eye on BBs guitar pages now...

I LOVE that ESP Viper that I have.

Currently Playing:

#1385 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I ran through the gamut of the site and they basically get removed from your cart. Seems like an inventory issue where they only have one across the entire nation but is showing up in the inventory of every store for some reason.

#1386 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yeah but getting a fender american delux for 515 would be insane. Allows you to add to cart but can't checkout. Some lucky ones were able to get a price match. Stores have wised up to the situation now though.

#1387 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Yeah but getting a fender american delux for 515 would be insane. Allows you to add to cart but can't checkout. Some lucky ones were able to get a price match. Stores have wised up to the situation now though.

Still have the receipt for the American Special Highway 1 Strat I bought from a "List" deal at Guitar Center a few years back... $349 :) Wish I had bought the matching Tele that day for the same price. That would have been a nice set to keep... I love that guitar. Plays like butter.

Currently Playing:

#1388 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Great deals like

Fender® - Highway One™ Telecaster®, Maple Fretboard - Midnight Wine

Listed 284.99 just crazy prices

#1389 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Great deals like

Fender® - Highway One™ Telecaster®, Maple Fretboard - Midnight Wine

Listed 284.99 just crazy prices

Are most of these listing gone now? I don't see any of them...

Currently Playing:

#1390 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yes they are mostly gone. If you do a store locator then clearance > musical insturments > fender

It will give you the full list. Don't get excited too much when it shows add to cart or in store only. Most places don't have them but show having it online.

#1391 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Are most of these listing gone now? I don't see any of them...

The online inventory tracker is pretty screwed up. Kept striking out so figured it phantom inventory. It even showed inventory at locations that don't even have the music dept.

Like Drastion said, choose your local store then look for clearance in that location. Tried hunting down a couple different models but they just aren't in-store. But have seen some of them, like Schecter and Dean basses.

Kinda glad I struck out. Woulda jumped on those Am Std Strats. Stupid crazy deals make me more stupid than I already am. Like the MS store deals? Best option is to take a list to the store and start searching

#1392 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Again don't get your hopes up to high. But here is what the list looks like at every store.

www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17096&type=page&strId=1000&_DARGS=/site/templates/page/storeClearanceListContainer.jsp

#1393 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Only thing I have ever seen in a Best Buy without a music store are shitty Maestro guitars... And, twice now, a Squier Rock Band guitar (still deciding whether to play or sell the last one I got)... I have never seen any actual nice guitars in any of my local stores... I woudl love to see if Guitar Center would match a couple of the not so crazy prices - like the Blacktop Jaguar HH guitar they have on clearance... I'd open a GC charge card for those deals...

Currently Playing:

#1394 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, the BB has gotta have the full-blown music dept for you to have any chance at some of these clearance deals. And even then its a slim chance. Only way to know for sure is to go in person. Good luck

#1395 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Bestbuy is closing down most of its music departments. So they are just clearing everything out.

#1396 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Yeah, the BB has gotta have the full-blown music dept for you to have any chance at some of these clearance deals. And even then its a slim chance. Only way to know for sure is to go in person. Good luck

I think the only BBs that have music depts are in NYC and LA... But if Guitar Center just makes you prove the final cost, you can total the entire order without hitting the order button... Of course, the GC price match policy excludes close out items...

Currently Playing:

#1397 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Here is a helpfull link for finding what stores have music departments.

www.bestbuy-jobs.com/go/Job-Profile-Musical-Instruments/28782/?&title=&location=&date=&sortby=7&sortdir=desc

#1398 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Not a amazing deal but a clever little product. I keep experimenting with different ways to pick. This shows you how to. Not cheap but its not like you have to keep buying them after you get it right.

www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/planet-waves-pick-ryte-training-pick

#1399 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Has anyone else gotten there tyrant blood storm yet? I have about lost my patience with amazon. Again they sent me a returned item. They didn't even bother to put tape on the darn box. I haven't spent much time with it thought its wiring was messed up when one site said it had a volume and tone nob. It sure has a lot of bottom end in the neck pickup. Almost want to keep it for that and the two knobs. If I did it would probally just stay in the closet though.

I think I should be getting mine tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll be super-pissed if they send me a returned unit. Not sure what I'll end up doing with it since I mainly picked it up since it was such a discount. I wonder if a local guitar store will let me trade it in on something worthwhile .
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#1400 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

All the neck tags were taken off and the tool pouch was emptied and all the wreches were rolling around in the storage compartment.

Guess some one ordered it because it was so cheap and didn't like it. I would keep it but I bought two guitars in the time I was able to get it and check it out.

#1401 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

HOLY SHIT!!!! Just went to a BB with a music store... And bought a Fender MIJ jaguar Special HH for $337.99... WOOOOOoooooo!!! Pics later.

#1402 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Great catch. Was it labelled with clearance pricing or did you check sku against the online listings?

#1403 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Great Score!!!!

That was one of the few guitars I was looking for. Did you call ahead to see what they had. I called with a bunch of sku numbers but came out empty.

#1404 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

I used the list you gave us of the Music stores yesterday.. I had to go north for a computer trouble ticket today and when I was done, figured "What the hell?". I called the store and asked for musical instruments. When the guy came on, I told him I had a dumb question... That I had seen a bunch of clearance prices online at BB.com for guitars, but couldn't verify if they were real or not. He said they had a BIG sale on some guitars, what was I interested in... I told him mainly Fenders. He said he had a couple of pawn shops and a couple jaguars. I asked him what the prices were, but he couldn't tell me over the phone. I just laughed it off and said "Are the apeshit lowball prices that you can't believe?" and he said yes... So after my call, I drove the 30 miles to the BB and saw 2 things that caught my eye - the Black Jaguar Special (Rosewood fingerboard, MIJ) for $329 (I knew it was about 699-799 in the other stores) and a '72 Pawn Shop Tele in Seafoam Green for $504. The tele was a good deal, too, but I REALLY wanted the Jag... SO he looked for the gig bag, but couldn't find it - he found one for a tele that they didn't have any more and tossed it down to me and let me have it. I walked out with the axe.

I didn't see much else. Some decent Bass deals... The Pawn Shop Tele. He said he had done the tags yesterday, so there weren't any hidden finds, as far as I know. They definitely had bags and hard cases for stuff that wasn't hanging - so some of the hard cases MAY have had guitars in them. I just wanted the Jag and had my mind made up...

I just took a chance. Hell, it was only 45 minutes and 30 miles. The POSSIBILITY of a cheap Fender was worth it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Oh, by the way... When I hijacked a computer in store to check the inventory to see if it matched up in ANY way, when I clicked on the Clearance inventory, it told me that store did not have ANY clearance inventory... Weird, since every other store that does not carry these is showing in stock :)

Currently Playing:

#1405 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

You are. so lucky I want thaf guitar even more now. Glad I was able to help you out get a great deal. Best buy took down their entire in store clearance section ofline last night. So nothing shows up for anything. Have fun with her she sure is a beauty.

#1406 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

You are. so lucky I want thaf guitar even more now. Glad I was able to help you out get a great deal. Best buy took down their entire in store clearance section ofline last night. So nothing shows up for anything. Have fun with her she sure is a beauty.

Thank YOU so much for your help. I would have had no idea to make that drive today otherwise... Hope you get a chance to find one...

I REALLY may have to go back after that '72 Pawn Shop Tele...

Posted Image

Edited by crazedracerguy, 26 November 2012 - 11:14 PM.

Currently Playing:

#1407 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Hmmmm... There are 5 more Music Store BBs within 90 miles of me... May be a good weekend trip after Christmas :) I'm gonna have to apply for a BB credit card ;)

Currently Playing:

#1408 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

I noticed this last night. My local BB had two Oscar-Schmidt Mandolins (A and F-styles) on clearance for dirt cheap. Online had the option to order online for in-store pickup, but I was running out the door, so I figured I would just drop by and pick one up. The guy that was helping me couldn't find them anywhere in the store and suggested that somebody stole them (:roll:), so I figured I would just try placing an order when I got home and maybe have someone more knowledgeable try to locate them. Nope. Clearance inventory disappeared in the two hours I was away from the computer. :/

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1409 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Yeah not so lucky for me spent most of the last for days and most of the minutes on my cell. Always wanted a strat or jaguar as all my favorite artists all play them. Want a good one but my skill level doesn't justify the cost. So I am to say the least intensely jealous if your find. Thought it was perfect timing but aparently not.

#1410 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Well, RS deals for the new version are done for now. But if the pattern follows last year's release, then there should be another 50-60 sale within a couple of weeks.

Over at Sweetwater, they have a Squier VM jazz bass for $199
http://www.sweetwate...ail/JBassVM3TS/
This one's usually in the 270-300 range.

And borrowed this next deal from the HM forums. Amazon has a Kindle book (aka download) to better learn scales, for a BUCK
http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B0046LV8QE
Did a quick read-thru and kinda get what their teaching, but gotta really give it a good read to properly understand. Anything to get better amirite:)

HOLY SHIT!!!! Just went to a BB with a music store... And bought a Fender MIJ jaguar Special HH for $337.99... WOOOOOoooooo!!! Pics later.

Damn, first shot and you find something. Congrats man:beer:
What ya do, hit up a BB out in the boonies. I stopped looking after checking my two local sites. Not that I'm complaining; pretty happy with what I got right now;).
Also trying to find a way to swing for another one of these oddball Gibby blowout models. Love my current one and have messed around with a couple others

... so I figured I would just try placing an order when I got home and maybe have someone more knowledgeable try to locate them. Nope. Clearance inventory disappeared in the two hours I was away from the computer. :/

The online order most likely woulda failed. Even when you could add stuff to your cart, it would vanish as soon as you clicked checkout (at least for me anyway).
Think they pulled the inventory checker to stop all the calls:lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rocksmith, Rocksmith 2014, Guitar, Bass, real guitar, real bass