Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals** This weeks DLC is Garbage, don't believe me? See for yourself :p**

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3392 replies to this topic

#1861 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

I started a new profile on the upstairs Xbox hard drive. It's kind of fun seeing songs that you used to struggle a bit with come up and you knock out 70 or 80,000 on the first run...

I'm trying to reteach myself how to hold a pick, so right now I'm kind of losing score in some songs. Have to change how I hold the pick so I can improve at hybrid picking...

I'd highly recommend picking up some jazz III picks. People like John Petrucci and Alexhi Laiho swear by them (as do I)

They are a very hard, small, sharp pick. It really helps to work on your picking dynamics and really gives you a good feel of the strings.

I've been using them for 5 years and have no desire to use anything else ever again.
Posted Image

#1862 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

crazedracerguy, did the Classic 60s Strat come with a gig bag or is that just a really dark shadow underneath the guitar in those pics?

Also, what kind of picks are you guys using for bass mode?

#1863 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

crazedracerguy, did the Classic 60s Strat come with a gig bag or is that just a really dark shadow underneath the guitar in those pics

Yeah - same gig bag the guy gave me with the Jag. I think Fender calls it a deluxe gig bag.

The '60's came in the box with the guitar inside the gig bag inside the box. The tool bag was inside the front pocket...

#1864 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

If that's their deluxe bag I'd be afraid of what they consider their regular bag lol

Came home yesterday night with a Squier P-Bass Special for $116 from a BB clearance near my new job, basically brand new but the box was ripped to hell. It's actually metallic black despite the site saying it was just plain black.

#1865 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

If that's their deluxe bag I'd be afraid of what they consider their regular bag lol

Came home yesterday night with a Squier P-Bass Special for $116 from a BB clearance near my new job, basically brand new but the box was ripped to hell. It's actually metallic black despite the site saying it was just plain black.

These goddamn Best Buy clearances are going to be the death of me yet. I am just trying to stay away... Of course, the nearest one to me that has shit is almost 70 miles, so it's not like I can just run in and check stuff out...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1866 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Well if you got what you wanted out of it there's no need to keep hunting, although I do admit there's a certain thrill to it. Wish I got in on those Fender barstools now because trying to play with an office chair on PC is not very practical. Maybe I'll just get a drum throne instead, been sort of planning for an e-kit for a while now anyway.

#1867 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

That's the thing. I still have a couple of things - one thing that I am DEFINITELY in for... Then, depending on that item, I may be able to grab a couple of other items. It's just so absolutely INSANE to find Fender stuff this cheap that I have a very hard time passing it up. The pickings are very slim at this point, but there's still one thing at the one store that I think Id like in the Fender collection.

Currently Playing:

#1868 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

The Fender family...

Posted Image

2002 American Standard Strat in Crimson Red Transparent

Posted Image

2008 Fender Special Edition HH Jaguar in Black

Posted Image

2010 '60's Classic Series Fender Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red

Posted Image

2001 Fender Standard Stratocaster in Agave Blue

Posted Image

2010 American Standard Telecaster in Black

Currently Playing:

#1869 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I've been using some heavy picks I had from my early months of guitar playing. At the time, I couldn't stand thin or medium picks. Now, only use thin

Have a Stubby 2.0mm, which is a hard, see-thru purple pick. It has an indentation/divot for your thumb
Then, there's a Gator grip 1.5mm pick. Has a texture to keep it from moving around.

Think my bass may have heavy-gauge strings and find the Stubby pick a better fit.

Congrats:beer:
Almost picked one up a couple a times myself. But still had other things on my mind.;)
If I researched correctly, it was essentially like a VM built bass, because the following year is when they started the VM line outta the same factory

Well if you got what you wanted out of it there's no need to keep hunting, although I do admit there's a certain thrill to it. Wish I got in on those Fender barstools now because trying to play with an office chair on PC is not very practical.

Woulda been sweet if I got it. But the credit I got went towards a graphite case which I'm still waiting to get shipped:roll:

And did see a Biglots ad for some mancave barstools. Not Fender'fied but I think there were some coca-cola models

That's the thing. I still have a couple of things - one thing that I am DEFINITELY in for... Then, depending on that item, I may be able to grab a couple of other items. It's just so absolutely INSANE to find Fender stuff this cheap that I have a very hard time passing it up. The pickings are very slim at this point, but there's still one thing at the one store that I think Id like in the Fender collection.

Nice Fender collection you've built up8-)
At those prices who can blame ya.
It's actually good for me they disappeared so quickly. Otherwise I'd be posting this from the public library.:lol:
Not hurting any worse than normal only because gaming's failed to get my money and I've done my best to be a good "CA(wanna-be-musician)G"

#1870 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

After noodling around on the bass a bit it baffles me how people use these with a generic 2" strap. I know I'm kinda scrawny but still, even with a 2.5" one it felt like it was digging into my shoulder. On that note how do you guys like the Perri's Leathers soft garmet (whatever that is) leather straps you got from the MF/M123/Amazon holiday price matching?

#1871 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

After noodling around on the bass a bit it baffles me how people use these with a generic 2" strap. I know I'm kinda scrawny but still, even with a 2.5" one it felt like it was digging into my shoulder. On that note how do you guys like the Perri's Leathers soft garment (whatever that is) leather straps you got from the MF/M123/Amazon holiday price matching?

I got the 2" Italian Suede ones... It's OK. If they hadn't been $10 (or less ;) ), I may not have been very happy. As it is, they're OK. I've been using one with the Strat and it's pretty comfortable. I had been using a standard Fender strap and didn't mind it.

Of course, along with the 20 or so sets of strings that I've amassed, I also somehow have ended up with about a dozen different straps... Most of 'em just stay in one of those plastic boxes that all my stuff is in.

Gotta pick up a new set of Dunlop Strap Loks this week to put on my '60's Strat. It's nice to use the same locks on all my guitars. Makes it easy just to swap the strap and go.

Nice Fender collection you've built up8-)
At those prices who can blame ya.
It's actually good for me they disappeared so quickly. Otherwise I'd be posting this from the public library.:lol:
Not hurting any worse than normal only because gaming's failed to get my money and I've done my best to be a good "CA(wanna-be-musician)G"

Yeah. I figured out that for what I would have paid for just the American Tele, I ended up with an American Tele, MIJ Jaguar and a '60's Classic Strat... Not a bad deal. It has helped that my guitar playing is good enough and fun enough that I have sold every other game except RS and COD:BO2. At this point, I'mjust waiting for RE6 to hit $10 or 20 and Bandfuse - which will be a day 1 purchase.

Currently Playing:

#1872 warpedsoul

warpedsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Got my 245 just to have something different. Really liking the wide fat neck and short scale makes feel really nice in the hand.

Nice deal on the pickups that's for sure. Pickups are something I haven't experimented with at all yet. Mainly because I just don't know what the differences would be.

You don't know of any site that gives a good rundown of different pickups? Preferably with sound clips using the same guitar.

Well the seymourduncan website has clips of all their pickups and also has recommendations for your guitar depending on genre you are playing and gutiar materials.

#1873 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

rbarba4

I got some of the same ones aparently the last ones music123 had as part of my order was back ordered untill yesterday. They are comfortable but I really don't like how thin the ends are for the buttons. Need to get some grolsch beer seals to secure my guitars.

crazedracerguy

Nice fender family tree call me green with envy. I really hope bandfuse does well. I am sure for the experienced player its great. The interface looks confusing to new people. For all the money they put into it I still see it failing hard. People with skills are going to turn their noses up at it and most new people got their fix with rocksmith. That or learned they don't get good right away and give up.

Don't get me wrong I want it to be good and sell great. At the moment I would have to buy a xbox to play it. My ps3 is now a blueray player/ Rocksmith player so that would be a waste.

warpedsoul

Thanks for the idea I am going to go check it out. Are there any good sites to get everything you would need like sheilded wires and switches. I know stew mac sells good tools. I want to do a split coil mod to a guitar I am going to get and want to get everything ready to go.

#1874 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

The Perri's straps I got had the extra padding, so I've been using that with my bass. So really comfortable, but it does slide around some on my shoulder (nothing major though).
Still undecided on the durability since I don't feel the strap-ends are reinforced properly.

Any way... it's crappy cell pic time! Yeah!!!:bouncy:
Posted Image
Hofner artist 185 bass in a vintage/cream white
Posted Image
and for a point of reference, here's a guitar in the same case.Thought I took the shots from the same distance, oh well.
Feel like a "Big Boy" everytime I grab the bass:)

#1875 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Anyone else following the BB/MC madness?

I was planning something nutz. But thankfully got shutdown so not gonna get anything cool outta me.

#1876 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

I tried to get price adjustments and got shot down because thyey changed the terms on the coupon in the middle of the day lol

#1877 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

So... I found 2 Rock Band Squiers today in 2 separate Best Buys... :) One is actually in the box that Fender shipped it to the Best Buy in. You know those are going away from here :)

BTW, if there are any stores with the Rock Band Guitar in stock near you, it will ring up at $117.99 now ;)

Currently Playing:

#1878 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

You keep finding those fenders you are blessed it tell you. Would have loved to get one of those rocksmith fenders.

#1879 enigma

enigma

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

So... I found 2 Rock Band Squiers today in 2 separate Best Buys... :) One is actually in the box that Fender shipped it to the Best Buy in. You know those are going away from here :)

BTW, if there are any stores with the Rock Band Guitar in stock near you, it will ring up at $117.99 now ;)

You have the SKU?

#1880 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

You keep finding those fenders you are blessed it tell you. Would have loved to get one of those rocksmith fenders.

You have the SKU?

The first one today actually showed up in the web clearance listings of the store that I bought my last 2 Fenders from (but in video games, which I had overlooked before last week). I went up there and asked the guy if they had one. At first, he said no, but I badgered him into looking for it. It ended up being up on a shelf where all the boxed guitars were. I bought that one and on my way out of the store, went to the CS desk and asked the girl to look for a SKU. She told me that a store about a half hour away was showing stock. She called for me and verified that they had it. They actually were showing 2 in stock, but they could only find 1. I had them look, too. Those are the last 2 in the DC/MD/VA states...

The SKU is 1601028. That makes 4 that I have found in the last 5 or 6 months, but it looks like it's the last of them here - unless the 1 listed at that store miraculously shows up after the guy that helped me couldn't find it.

Currently Playing:

#1881 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

crazedracerguy

How do you use the skus to look things up I don't get anything when I put it in online? How come you bought two more if you didn't want the two you already had?

#1882 enigma

enigma

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

The SKU is 1601028. That makes 4 that I have found in the last 5 or 6 months, but it looks like it's the last of them here - unless the 1 listed at that store miraculously shows up after the guy that helped me couldn't find it.

Thanks!

crazedracerguy

How do you use the skus to look things up I don't get anything when I put it in online? How come you bought two more if you didn't want the two you already had?

Call the store and ask them to run the SKU through RSS and tell you if anyone is showing stock.

#1883 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

crazedracerguy

Because, due to rarity, one of them will fetch enough to buy an ACTUAL clearance Fender at Best Buy :)

That's where the money for my American Tele came from, mostly. To me, it always comes down to - would you rather learn a handful of songs in Rock Band in pro mode on this crappy guitar or would you rather sell it and buy a REALLY NICE guitar with the funds? I can never get over the hump of actually opening it and playing it when I know it'll get me a nice new guitar - effectively for $120.

Currently Playing:

#1884 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Crazed you're driving me nuts with those PRO guitars. You're gonna turn me into a reseller:lol:

There was one store near me that still had one and just got back with it (thanks for the heads-up). I actually wanted it to try RB's pro mode.

But don't think I can justify opening it with those crazy resale prices. I've never sold anything this big before so have no idea how much shipping&insurance would be. Argh, this is tough and sooo tempting

#1885 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

But don't think I can justify opening it with those crazy resale prices. I've never sold anything this big before so have no idea how much shipping&insurance would be. Argh, this is tough and sooo tempting

Welcome to my world. I REALLY would love to try the Pro Mode... There are a few songs, in fact, that are at the very top of my list of songs to learn... But if you open it, you lose $100 off the top. And then the guitar (effectively) cost you $220, which I would not have paid for it... Add to that that there is at least one good deal remaining on a Fender guitar round here and there is NO chance that I'm opening one of these babies up. :)

Currently Playing:

#1886 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Thanks!

Call the store and ask them to run the SKU through RSS and tell you if anyone is showing stock.

crazedracerguy: is this what you do for the clearance Fenders as well?

Also enigma, what do you mean by RSS? Like their inventory?

Edited by DeliveryPizza, 24 January 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#1887 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Found a squier pro guitar but its floor model, really it looks more like a cat scratching post model lol

#1888 enigma

enigma

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

crazedracerguy: is this what you do for the clearance Fenders as well?

Also enigma, what do you mean by RSS? Like their inventory?

It stands for Retek Store System. It's accessible from the Employee Tool Kit and (to my knowledge) all employees have access. But yeah, it's basically their inventory. And they can check all other stores in and around the district for stock too. It's not perfect, but it's as good a resource as we have to work with.

#1889 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Found a squier pro guitar but its floor model, really it looks more like a cat scratching post model lol

Surprised they would even open it up. It's really a video game accessory first and guitar player second

#1890 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Damn. Just realized that there's another
New DLC Day!!!
I'm not used to this. Whazup UBI?! Ya finally realize you got something good here:). Anyway, time ta Stroke it, Stroke it real good
*Juicebox - The Strokes
*Last Night - The Strokes
*Reptilia - The Strokes
also available in a 3-pack for a slight discount

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rocksmith, Rocksmith 2014, Guitar, Bass, real guitar, real bass