Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/6/11 to 11/12/11) Modern Warfare 3 Deals

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#181 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

Anyone know if the midnight Skyrim Release at BB will get free Swag? My store is doing a midnight and well I am tempted to go because I can leave right after beavis and butthead and make it there for 11:15.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#182 lobitoh

lobitoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

Does any one knows what was the $10 free dlc from tru for the purchase???
I bought the kinectsensor but nothing about the free game code

#183 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:27 AM

Probably Fruit Ninja

#184 moviewizguy

moviewizguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

Well, does anybody think MW3 will get cheaper during Black Friday or around Christmas time? How was it for Black Ops last year?

#185 lobitoh

lobitoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

Did you receive a code from the store?

#186 FromChaos

FromChaos

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

Well, does anybody think MW3 will get cheaper during Black Friday or around Christmas time? How was it for Black Ops last year?

It'll be cheaper. Question is...can you wait that long? I can't.

#187 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

I think i can wait. I have BF3 (which seems to be almost unheard of now not even a week and a half after release, and no one really cares about it anymore...looks like CoD again overshadows other games...) to entertain me..and then picking up my >$20 copy of Skyrim on Friday!

Those should last me until a nice MW3 sale price, or my BB RZ certs come in
Posted Image

#188 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

For those who have a Nebraska Furniture Mart nearby, their weekly ad offers a $20 reward card (not sure how this differs from a gift card if at all since I rarely shop there) with purchase of the regular edition of Cod: MW3 for PS3 or Xbox 360.

#189 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:47 AM

The Best Buy deal is good, but the contract (with the most expensive carriers as well) will turn a lot of people off to the deal. IMO best one is the Kmart Gamer deal with the coupons.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#190 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:25 AM

Activision doesn't allow retailers to do gift card/coupon offers with the purchase of any CoD game. Hence why someone like KMart is going with a coupon offer just for buying games ($15 coupon w/$40 software purchase or $50 coupon w/$110 software purchase.)

This may be true for MW3 but I know for a fact it was not the case with Black Ops, just off the top of my head I know Walmart offered a 20 gift card with the purchase, I am sure many other stores had similar deals as well.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#191 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

does anyone think that Amazon will offer the gift card for the Xbox 360 Console MWF...I had preordered this at gamestop but might get it at Target since they have the 50.00 gift card.

#192 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

I think someone reported that it was Snoopy's Flying Ace in another thread.

#193 Link127

Link127

I did it!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

does anyone think that Amazon will offer the gift card for the Xbox 360 Console MWF...I had preordered this at gamestop but might get it at Target since they have the 50.00 gift card.

You can try letting them know but it won't do any good - at least until they feel like matching. I simply asked if they would be matching it, and I was told how easy it was to cancel my preorder and how i could go buy it from Target. i know the Gears 3 console had a gift card offer at one retailer and Amazon matched it but who knows here.

all i did was simply ask if they would match it, never threatened to cancel my preorder or anything.

Link127.png

#194 moviewizguy

moviewizguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Oh, I don't know. I heard Battlefield 3 was better so I might buy that to keep me busy.

#195 iluvmywife

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

I am not for sure but it seems like Target might have had it on sale for $37.99 or maybe $47.99 sometime last year before Christmas.

#196 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

So will it be possible to price match Toys R Us at Best buy at midnight to get the game for $45 or $60 w/$15gc? Does BB price match at midnight?

#197 Zero23

Zero23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Why is it so impossible to find a hardened edition for purchase tonight???

#198 ausinwarren

ausinwarren

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hello everyone, i've asked this a couple times already. But if I want an xbox now, should I get the gamestop deal for the 4gb, for $199 and $60 gift card then just buy a 250gb hardrive later on?

#199 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

Is it possible to take advantage of the Toys R Us 50 dollar GC deal by buying two copies of MW3?
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#200 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

So will it be possible to price match Toys R Us at Best buy at midnight to get the game for $45 or $60 w/$15gc? Does BB price match at midnight?

Most likely no they won't, PMing gift cards isn't in their PM policy anymore. Some people get lucky but I wouldn't count on it. Especially not at the midnight release because once they do it for you they will be doing it for everyone.

#201 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hello everyone, i've asked this a couple times already. But if I want an xbox now, should I get the gamestop deal for the 4gb, for $199 and $60 gift card then just buy a 250gb hardrive later on?

I did answer it. :)

#202 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Think I'm gonna jump on the best buy deal with the phone. Wife wants the red inspire, so we'll just swap phones and I'll get all the game related freebies

#203 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

I don't understand why I get like 3 emails from TRU every day for random baby crap, but the one coupon that I want doesn't come through. :rage:

#204 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Modern Warfare for $9.99 and Modern Warfare 2 for $19.99 at TRU are really good deals. It's just too bad that TRU is phasing MW2 out, so none of the stores near me have any left in stock.

I would try to PM at Best Buy, but I've heard that new store policy requires cashiers to call the competitor's store to confirm availability. Does anyone know if this is a company-wide policy change? If so, any other ideas?

#205 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Modern Warfare for $9.99 and Modern Warfare 2 for $19.99 at TRU are really good deals. It's just too bad that TRU is phasing MW2 out, so none of the stores near me have any left in stock.

I would try to PM at Best Buy, but I've heard that new store policy requires cashiers to call the competitor's store to confirm availability. Does anyone know if this is a company-wide policy change? If so, any other ideas?

As with everything Best Buy, it's kind of random. I have found that CSRs tend to only use the "i need to call" line when you are PM'ing without an ad. I don't think I've ever had them call when I had an actual sunday paper ad with me. Obviously, there is no way to predict what they will do, but if you can get your hands on an ad, it's probably better (if it is in the ad?)

#206 Bill Bonney

Bill Bonney

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

Wife needed a phone and with all the MW3 DLC free, since you get the elite free was a no brainer for me. Traded in a couple of games (50% more trade-in value if u pre-order MW3) so it costs me nothing.

#207 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

WTF is with TRU's midnight release? They said I can ONLY buy MW3 and not any other game even though I want to pick it up w/ Skylanders for the $40 coupon...

They don't want the extra business? Effffff

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#208 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

WTF is with TRU's midnight release? They said I can ONLY buy MW3 and not any other game even though I want to pick it up w/ Skylanders for the $40 coupon...

I just called Tacoma, WA TRU and CSR confirmed with manager that I should be able to pick the second game along with the MW3 to get the $40 GC deal. I think you should call the stores for verification.
Posted Image

#209 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:18 AM

Oh I did call, and that's what the manager told me. I mean I'm gonna go there anyways for free Jeeps and what not but... I'm hoping they're wrong.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#210 Odinsfury

Odinsfury

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:26 AM

That's pretty crappy of them. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait until Friday and get Skyrim and MW3 so I can get a 40 gift card. I was going to do Kmart's gamer coupons but this gift card lasts longer and there's nothing I really want to buy right away.