Lego Harry Potter Year 5-7 $29.96?

akir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I got a Wal-Mart ad in the Sunday paper and they show an X360 Lego HP 5-7 with the rollback price of $29.96.
This is in the Toyland Gift Book Pg. 33

FNn73l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I am actually interested in this although I hope that it's also for the PS3 and they honor it online because Walmart is pretty far away from me. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thelonepig']They likely meant to show the DS/PSP/PC version listed.[/QUOTE]
like the HEB ad on dj hero bundle listed at
$60 at launch?

Seems like a good deal if you need the game right now. I always suggest waiting 6 months on Lego games and scooping them up for $20 or less. I don't think I've seen any game series drop so fast as the Lego games. I'm assuming this one just came out? I stopped paying attention after the Batman game disappointed me.

If i buy a few of these on release day, and trade them into gamestop, how much credit would I get? Profit?

[quote name='thelonepig']They likely meant to show the DS/PSP/PC version listed.[/QUOTE]
Funny thing is, it's listed in a full page spread of other 360 games. Likely just listed the price wrong or something. Either way, with a physical ad, doesn't WM usually honor it?

[quote name='jbrun85']If i buy a few of these on release day, and trade them into gamestop, how much credit would I get? Profit?[/QUOTE]GameStop sometimes gives $30 for AAA titles, I wouldn't imagine this getting more than $20 launch week

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Seems like a good deal if you need the game right now. I always suggest waiting 6 months on Lego games and scooping them up for $20 or less. I don't think I've seen any game series drop so fast as the Lego games. I'm assuming this one just came out? I stopped paying attention after the Batman game disappointed me.[/QUOTE]

The LEGO Batman game was awesome! There's supposedly a sequel in the works for sometime next year.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The LEGO Batman game was awesome! There's supposedly a sequel in the works for sometime next year.[/QUOTE]
I agree, batman is definitely one of my favorites

Maybe I had just burned out on the series by that point. It seemed like there was a new lego game every few months. Lego Batman really just felt like more of the same. I haven't played a Lego game since. Maybe I should go back and play it again sometime.

I wish they would add online co-op for those lego game. The last lego game to have co op was 3 years ago

[quote name='akir']I got a Wal-Mart ad in the Sunday paper and they show an X360 Lego HP 5-7 with the rollback price of $29.96.

FNn73l.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Three questions...

1 - Are you sure the ad was for this week's date range? I just checked the online ad for my area and there is no mention of lego hp or any page that resembles the layout shown in the pic.

2 - What page of the ad is this on?

3 - What area do you live in? (WM ads are regional)

[quote name='jetsaredim']Three questions...

1 - Are you sure the ad was for this week's date range? I just checked the online ad for my area and there is no mention of lego hp or any page that resembles the layout shown in the pic.

3 - What area do you live in? (WM ads are regional)[/QUOTE]
It's in the WM Toyland Gift Book is what it says on the bottom. Came in my paper today so I'm assuming it's this weeks. It's on page 33 with a bunch of other 360 things and I live in Minnesota.

[quote name='akir']It's in the WM Toyland Gift Book is what it says on the bottom. Came in my paper today so I'm assuming it's this weeks. It's on page 33 with a bunch of other 360 things and I live in Minnesota.[/QUOTE]

I live in SW Florida, and got the same WM Toyland Gift book in my paper this morning, with the same advertised price just as the OP pictured. I don't think this is regional. error, maybe, but not regional. Either way I'll be checking it out at my local WM friday when the game releases.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Three questions...

3 - What area do you live in? (WM ads are regional)[/QUOTE]

I answered my own questions. It's in the Toy Catalog which is valid all month. It's on page 33, for those interested.

I have the same add from the Chicago tribune in the western suburbs of Chicago. My guess it is a prcing error. Do you cancel a preorder and chance getting it at this price? Hmm....

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Maybe I had just burned out on the series by that point. It seemed like there was a new lego game every few months. Lego Batman really just felt like more of the same. I haven't played a Lego game since. Maybe I should go back and play it again sometime.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat.
Lego Star Wars 1 = awesome (son's first real playthrough a game-finally figured them out). Better then the movies. Loved the bonus level, too.
Lego Star Wars 2 = cool moments but just not as fun as part one...much more frustrating and forced puzzles. Major grinding for bolts. A fountain that spits out bolts that you don't unlock until bolts are pointless, really?
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga = burn out! Tacked on levels + a desire for a 100% complete = torture.
Lego Indiana Jones 1 = a breath of fresh air, captured the feel and adventurous fun of the movies. Bonus levels = fantastic!
Lego Batman = Yeah...I just didn't feel it based on the demo.
Lego Indy 2 = not very good.....no thanks. Maybe the movie already scarred me. Waited forever to get it and then my son and I barely played it.
Lego Pirates = despite reviews I enjoyed the game a lot. Not too forced and adventurous.
Lego Harry = never played.
It's always better when you have a child to play the game with =).
I think its time for me to figure out the spoiler bar thing cause this post is slightly too long.

I really liked Lego Batman, even if I still haven't finished it 100%. (The only Lego games that I've finished 100% is Indiana Jones and Harry Potter 1-4)

My son really likes the Lego games, and if I can get this one as a great deal, I think he'd like it.

[quote name='paulwekiva']I was in the same boat.
Lego Star Wars 1 = awesome (son's first real playthrough a game-finally figured them out). Better then the movies. Loved the bonus level, too.
Lego Star Wars 2 = cool moments but just not as fun as part one...much more frustrating and forced puzzles. Major grinding for bolts. A fountain that spits out bolts that you don't unlock until bolts are pointless, really?
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga = burn out! Tacked on levels + a desire for a 100% complete = torture.
Lego Indiana Jones 1 = a breath of fresh air, captured the feel and adventurous fun of the movies. Bonus levels = fantastic!
Lego Batman = Yeah...I just didn't feel it based on the demo.
Lego Indy 2 = not very good.....no thanks. Maybe the movie already scarred me. Waited forever to get it and then my son and I barely played it.
Lego Pirates = despite reviews I enjoyed the game a lot. Not too forced and adventurous.
Lego Harry = never played.
It's always better when you have a child to play the game with =).
I think its time for me to figure out the spoiler bar thing cause this post is slightly too long.[/QUOTE]
You missed Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars ... which I just played recently. This game is based on the Clone Wars cartoon and you play through a number of the episodes from the various seasons. I hadn't played a Lego game in awhile and I had a lot of fun with it, and my kids enjoyed watching and playing too.

For anyone who is planning on purchasing the Harry Potter 7 Part 2 blu-ray, you get $20 off with combined purchase of Lego Harry Potter 5-7 ... making it $29.99 (after $20 off). This is good Friday and Saturday.

... and I am guessing a discount based on the Walmart ad will only work on the 360 version, if a pricematch is attempted anywhere.

[quote name='flix1']You missed Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars ... which I just played recently. This game is based on the Clone Wars cartoon and you play through a number of the episodes from the various seasons. I hadn't played a Lego game in awhile and I had a lot of fun with it, and my kids enjoyed watching and playing too.[/QUOTE]

Oops. Yup. It has its own unique qualities and is huge!

[quote name='flix1']For anyone who is planning on purchasing the Harry Potter 7 Part 2 blu-ray, you get $20 off with combined purchase of Lego Harry Potter 5-7 ... making it $29.99 (after $20 off). This is good Friday and Saturday.

... and I am guessing a discount based on the Walmart ad will only work on the 360 version, if a pricematch is attempted anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Link? Because this is awesome.

[quote name='Darkwormer']Link? Because this is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm just guessing, but I think he might have been referring to this week's Best Buy ad which lists the offer of saving $20 with the prurchase of both the game and the movie.

[quote name='JediKiller24']I'm just guessing, but I think he might have been referring to this week's Best Buy ad which lists the offer of saving $20 with the prurchase of both the game and the movie.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Didn't draw the connection, nor did I look at the BB ad this week. Worth a shot at least. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

looking at their site that seems like it was suppose to be a picture of the PSP, PC/Mac, or DS version.... because their price is $29.97

[quote name='Darkwormer']Link? Because this is awesome.[/QUOTE]
Sorry ... the $20 off with purchase of HP7P2 Blu-ray and the new game is at Best Buy on Friday and Saturday.

It was in this week's Best Buy ad as noted by JediKiller24.

Yeah I saw this in the ad as well. Might have to try it out at BB. Good luck to everyone. I'm in CA so people on the east coast will have some time to try out different stores. I don't know why it would have a Rollback price, even on the DS version.

I sent a email to Walmart to see if they'll price match for Wii, either way I'm going down there at 6am on Friday since it doesn't say if it's just for 360 in the description. Gf want this for xmas and it's $20 off!

[quote name='Blumpkin']I better check my ad. My wife wants this one for Christmas, and I don't expect to see it any cheaper before then.[/QUOTE]

My wife wants it too, but I'm getting it at best buy for $29.99 along with the most recent HP movie.

bread's done
Back