Black Friday / Cyber Monday Video Game Deals 2011

• Please log in to reply
5451 replies to this topic

#5431 Pokerbrat

Pokerbrat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

LD deals are Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 for 14.99 a pop. I just got a PS3 for BF. Are these GOOD deals? Doesn't really seem like it, both games have sequels out already.

Edit: Both deals are wait listed already.

KZ 2 for $15 isn't a good deal, considering it was $10 on Amazon's BF last year.

Uncharted 2 GOTY, while old, for $15 is a good deal anyway you look at it- some consider it to be the best PS3 game of all time.
Posted Image

#5432 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

KZ 2 for $15 isn't a good deal, considering it was $10 on Amazon's BF last year.

Uncharted 2 GOTY, while old, for $15 is a good deal anyway you look at it- some consider it to be the best PS3 game of all time.

Why would the price last year mean the current price isnt good? It's not like he can go back in time and buy it for $10.

#5433 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

unless he really wants Kz2, he should just buy Kz3 helghast ed which is $24.99 at best buy right now for $10 more than KZ2--

don't know about the big helmet replica from helghast ed but the sniper action figure it comes with looks pretty bad ass. Sniper looks like hes turning invisible.

#5434 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

anyone else had their copy of arkham city from black friday arrive with a comic book?

#5435 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

anyone else had their copy of arkham city from black friday arrive with a comic book?

If you ordered from Amazon, that was their pre-order bonus and I am sure they have lots of the comics left over so they still send them out with every order.

#5436 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

If anyone bought CoD Black Ops for $15 from BB on BF and it is back ordered you might be able to get upgraded to the one with the DLC if you call 1800bestbuy and are nice about it. I did, though I'm pretty sure there are no zombie maps in the first strike dlc, is there? Anyways there not getting anymore of the black ops without the DLC so you might as well cancel or upgrade.

#5437 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

If you ordered from Amazon, that was their pre-order bonus and I am sure they have lots of the comics left over so they still send them out with every order.

Shit, mine didn't have a comic. Now I'm pissed.

#5438 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

anyone still waiting for a shipping confirmation email from Bestbuy.com that ordered stuff on Thursday? Still havent received one My order is still being processsed. (sigh)

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#5439 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:49 AM

anyone still waiting for a shipping confirmation email from Bestbuy.com that ordered stuff on Thursday? Still havent received one My order is still being processsed. (sigh)

Yup I have 6 orders that are still processing from Thursday. People who ordered after me already got their stuff.

#5440 xCappax

xCappax

Real Madrid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

Im pretty sure thats always been the case.

For videogames maybe.... but for everything else Cyber Monday >>>>

#5441 Smike

Smike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:57 AM

If anyone bought CoD Black Ops for $15 from BB on BF and it is back ordered you might be able to get upgraded to the one with the DLC if you call 1800bestbuy and are nice about it. I did, though I'm pretty sure there are no zombie maps in the first strike dlc, is there? Anyways there not getting anymore of the black ops without the DLC so you might as well cancel or upgrade.

All of the map packs have 1 zombie map attached (except the last one which was just a zombie map compilation). First Strike has Ascension.

http://callofduty.wi...ki/First_Strike

#5442 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

fcuk amazon shipping man. my games came but the cases were damaged. they didn't put enough protection in the box and the ups guy just tossed it over the fence.

#5443 DarkLegacy

DarkLegacy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

Living in NYC come with its perks. One of them being that the UPS workers here are extra careful when delivering packaging. Out of the pretty much thousands of orders I've put through UPS, both business & personal, their was only two occasions where a package was damaged to the point that the product inside was damaged as well. These dudes get fired pretty much instantly if a bad complaint is filed against them it seems. So they do their best not to screw up :P.

Snagged Tron CE btw :D.

-DarkLegacy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5444 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

All of the map packs have 1 zombie map attached (except the last one which was just a zombie map compilation). First Strike has Ascension.

Ascension is bad ass.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#5445 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

I was about to post the same thing. It was a pleasant surprise :)

#5446 Pride7ds

Pride7ds

Praise the Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

Yup I have 6 orders that are still processing from Thursday. People who ordered after me already got their stuff.

Same here. Still processing for Uncharted 3 and GeOW triple pack from Thursday. Hopefully they'll ship this week.

Currently Playing:
:360: FIFA World Cup 2014

:xb1: Watch Dogs, Titanfall, Battlefield 4

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World

#5447 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:57 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I think I just need the second to last one now. The zombies are the only thing I play on CoD. Looking forward to playing.

#5448 oyabun

oyabun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

Same here. Still processing for Uncharted 3 and GeOW triple pack from Thursday. Hopefully they'll ship this week.

That's happening for me, too. I placed 3 order. Still waiting for UC 3.

#5449 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

i have 2 orders, 1 shipped yesterday the other still processing. after complaining about amazon.com because of the LD and everything else, at least everything i ordered there has already been delivered. oh, and estimated delivery for my game is december 6th!

#5450 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

fcuk amazon shipping man. my games came but the cases were damaged. they didn't put enough protection in the box and the ups guy just tossed it over the fence.

just contact them, im sure they will do something to make it right, but really you should be mad at the ups guy, i dont think anyone thinks "i need to protect this enough in case the idiot delivery guy throws it over a fence"

#5451 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Anyone who received Arkham City from Amazon have the same "issue" as me?

It came heatwrapped against a piece of cardboard and the Amazon-exclusive comic book. All good and free bonus, but the UPC is different from any other copy I have (and I have the TRU, AMZ, BBY, and GS versions).

The packaging of the actual game is multilingual (inc. French, Spanish). The Blu-Ray classifier on the spine of the case says 30538L, which is also different from the retailer-specific copies of the game.

Worst part is that the game isn't factory sealed. It's just... open. I sold this on Glyde as "new" but clearly since it didn't come sealed I can't sell this copy.

And so I have to sell my sealed BBY copy w/ the Robin DLC instead... meaning if I wanted the Robin DLC down the road I'd have to pay the $8 (or wait for GOTY).

Where is Amazon getting these copies?? These are region 1 discs but I've never seen these sold in stores.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#5452 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

Anyone who received Arkham City from Amazon have the same "issue" as me?

It came heatwrapped against a piece of cardboard and the Amazon-exclusive comic book. All good and free bonus, but the UPC is different from any other copy I have (and I have the TRU, AMZ, BBY, and GS versions).

The packaging of the actual game is multilingual (inc. French, Spanish). The Blu-Ray classifier on the spine of the case says 30538L, which is also different from the retailer-specific copies of the game.

Worst part is that the game isn't factory sealed. It's just... open. I sold this on Glyde as "new" but clearly since it didn't come sealed I can't sell this copy.

And so I have to sell my sealed BBY copy w/ the Robin DLC instead... meaning if I wanted the Robin DLC down the road I'd have to pay the $8 (or wait for GOTY).

Where is Amazon getting these copies?? These are region 1 discs but I've never seen these sold in stores.

I actually wanted the comic, but I got regular copies form amazon. I sent them in as a trade in to AZ, hopefully the upc matches the one I locked in.