Black Friday / Cyber Monday Video Game Deals 2011

• Please log in to reply
5451 replies to this topic

#1711 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

Well.. I wouldn't say it's really worth it.. I use a Plasma, and supposedly for movies it's much better. For gaming, it'll reflect light, so if you're in the living room that might get annoying. 720p is really old though now.. so I dunno.

Very good points.

#1712 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

man really trying to figure out if gears 3 and Arkham city will be worth going out to walmart for. walmart black fridays are scary as hell.

I'd be surprised if it's not online and/or Amazon doesn't price match.

#1713 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Is Amazon going to price match Walmarts $28 game titles?
:360: Is all I need.

#1714 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

I'm sure lots of people will be content with that.

Yes, I know I would.

#1715 ichiban_D

ichiban_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

if not walmarts $28 then they match Best Buy's $30 price tag. Hope amazon matches walmart's infamous 2 for 28 but i'd rather take UC3 over that.

#1716 sickman

sickman

Bringer of Light

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

I did a quick search, don't see the tv you're talking about. I game on my 50in 1080p plasma, and I wouldn't game any other way. The glass screens can reflect bad on some models, but most I've seen recently have an anti-glare coating. Depending on how big the screen is, 720p might not be enough. Anything over 40in would be a waste of money at 720p, imo.

So do any of you guys/gals game using a plasma? I see best buy has a panny plasma for $399. Twice as much as the sharp and only 720p. Thoughts?

#1717 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

Not only that, but it's also a better deal to get a console this deep into its lifespan. There's already a library of great, cheap games. A better question is: Why would anyone want to buy a console at/near launch? They cost way more, come with the bare minimum, and have a few dozen games to choose from. All you sacrifice with old consoles are the graphics.

So true!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1718 FromChaos

FromChaos

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but it looks like Best Buy RZ Silver members will have early access to the Black Friday deals on Monday, 11/21. This is on the front page after logging into my RZ account:

"Exclusive Early Access to Black Friday Deals
As a Premier Silver member, you get first access to select items featured in our Black Friday ad, Monday, 11/21 from Noon to Midnight ET, online and on the phone*."

Do you know what items will be available?

#1719 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:08 AM

Someone on here mentioned this.

I saw this commercial, like 30 minutes ago, and thought...hmmm... Maybe I'll get the X360 next week and get the difference later. Fine print:Find a competitors lower price between Nov 1-Dec 25, get a gift card for the difference...EXCLUDING BLACK FRIDAY.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1720 kingfreak

kingfreak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

wow im not seeing any Dark Souls deal :bomb::cry:

#1721 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

Hopefully, I can still find a copy of Rage at Best Buy when I walk in around 10am. Better yet, I hope they have the same deal online since I don't want to stand in a long line for just one game and maybe a couple of other small things. I have a $5 RZ certificate so I'd rather get it at BB.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#1722 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

Yes.

Glad I skipped out on getting any Skylanders stuff this week; that TRU ad has serious potential.
Posted Image

#1723 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

Gamestop has a deal on Rayman Origins. I am kinda in shock that Gamestop would have a better deal than the competition :lol:.

I am going to see if I can nab a B1G1 50% off at k-mart this week. If I can't I will defiantly get Rayman for $40 on BF.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1724 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

Is GameStop's 9.99 sale for Bad Company 2 for the regular or Ultimate Edition version?

#1725 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

Is GameStop's 9.99 sale for Bad Company 2 for the regular or Ultimate Edition version?

Looked like Ultimate in the ad.

#1726 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

Looked like Ultimate in the ad.

No I'm pretty sure it's the grey Platinum Hits edition, which means no VIP code in the box (which gets you extra modes on the disc maps and 4 additional maps consisting of maps from BFBC 1 MP and BFBC 2 campaign.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#1727 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

Really hoping amazon has the $200 dollar PS3 holiday bundle. I have $40 credit there and it would be sweet to get all that for $160, and without having to leave my house, or be murdered.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#1728 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

LMFAO! You people get me with the '___' will be out in 100 years, etc. Enjoy life NOWWW. These are some amazing deals!!!

The Playstation 23 will be out in 100 years on November 14, 2111.

I can't wait!
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#1729 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

For those who've actually been inside a Best Buy on Black Friday, do they rearrange some of the sale items around the store, or can we expect them to be where they usually are?

Last year at Walmart the video games were in the produce section in between the bananas and the pineapples.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#1730 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

wow im not seeing any Dark Souls deal :bomb::cry:

Kmart had it for $39.99
Spoiler
about 2-3 weeks ago, if I remember correctly. How much cheaper were you looking for it for?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1731 AHiddenLink

AHiddenLink

Zombies Ate My Neighbors!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Lots of good deals on things I'd want to pick up. At least get me close to those prices Amazon. Prime + no tax + lack of crazy people = win.

#1732 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Yes.

Glad I skipped out on getting any Skylanders stuff this week; that TRU ad has serious potential.

Uh, no? As was previously mentioned here numerous times, while there's no guarantee yet, it is exceedingly unlikely that Amazon will just straight up price match the lowest doorbuster prices on Games, DVDs, and Blu-Ray's, they haven't done so in years. Hell, Amazon isn't even price matching the lowest prices in the Sunday ads lately. Amazon will have low prices, no doubt, but they probably won't be THAT low.

#1733 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

Last year at Walmart the video games were in the produce section in between the bananas and the pineapples.

You can download the 'item map' at WalMart.com as it gets closer to BF.

#1734 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

Uh, no? As was previously mentioned here numerous times, while there's no guarantee yet, it is exceedingly unlikely that Amazon will just straight up price match the lowest doorbuster prices on Games, DVDs, and Blu-Ray's, they haven't done so in years. Hell, Amazon isn't even price matching the lowest prices in the Sunday ads lately. Amazon will have low prices, no doubt, but they probably won't be THAT low.

Huh? Dont make me look through last years prices to prove you wrong. I'm pretty sure they had some lightning deals that matched much of that kind of stuff.

#1735 Nilbog

Nilbog

is Goblin backwards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

I'm really surprised that Dead Island, Dark Souls, and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine are all missing sales from any store...maybe Kmart?

#1736 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

I'm really surprised that Dead Island, Dark Souls, and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine are all missing sales from any store...maybe Kmart?

Hmmm I was hoping for dark souls also, but I have a really good feeling kmart will come through on that

#1737 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

Someone on here mentioned this.

I saw this commercial, like 30 minutes ago, and thought...hmmm... Maybe I'll get the X360 next week and get the difference later. Fine print:Find a competitors lower price between Nov 1-Dec 25, get a gift card for the difference...EXCLUDING BLACK FRIDAY.

Good news - some of the deals are valid Friday and Saturday, such as TRU and Sam's Club.

#1738 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

What didn't they match last year? Looking through my purchase history, I see that they definitely matched some of the blu-rays (Superbad for $2, Mad Men S1-3 for $10 each) as well as RDR, DQ9, RE5 Gold and a bunch of others. In fact, I can't think of one door buster from last year that Amazon didn't have as a lightning deal at some point, unless maybe you're talking about the price errors like Target's LOTR boxset for $9 or whatever it was.

#1739 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

is there ANY chance that any of the deals will work online?
The xbox consoles are at great prices this year. I have high doubts that any will be available online at Best buy or walmart. And if they are, I expect they'd sell out almost right away.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#1740 lwh1993

lwh1993

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

Mario or Zelda 3DS bundle?

I'm thinking Zelda bundle. My son will love Mario land but there's nothing unique about the red 3ds and I can always get him the marioland game. I'm just hoping they'll have enough in stock at GameStop on Friday