Black Friday / Cyber Monday Video Game Deals 2011

• Please log in to reply
5451 replies to this topic

#1891 blank964

blank964

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

You guys think i will be able to get some of these games if i just walk in Best Buy or Walmart when the sale starts or will i have to wait in line to have a chance?

From my previous experience at Best Buy it seemed pretty organized and in a structured fashion. I wasn't there to get any games but I think I was in line long enough to play PS3 while waiting. The closest thing to Wal-Mart that I've experienced is going to Target around 5 or 6 a.m. Literally as soon as they let me in the store (after waiting in a line that wrapped around the building) it was a frenzy to get to the electronics section. I was trying to get a copy of Gears 1 and NBA 2K8. The glass was open and there were a bunch of little kids. I grabbed a copy of Gears and then my sister asked if I wanted the last copy of Halo 3. I acknowledged yes and kept it moving.

I'm probably going to Wal-Mart this year and I really am worried not about getting a copy of the games I want but more about dealing with crazy ass people and little kids.

#1892 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

Oh shit... even GameStop brought it this year... honestly I gotta say this is one of the best looking years for Black friday deals... gonna be a long night hunting for some of those

Reminds me...i need to find out if my store opens at midnight or 5 am.

#1893 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

Reminds me...i need to find out if my store opens at midnight or 5 am.

I went in the other day to buy Skyrim since I finally got my replacement PowerUp Rewards card in the mail (they weren't kidding about having to wait 6 weeks). turns out the thing was mysteriously lacking my $160 credit.... now have to call up and get another one mailed out to me again, hopefully this time I get to use my credit that I've been waiting months for. Won't have it for black friday though I'm just now realizing, which fucking sucks :(

#1894 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

i do hope these are online too. I already see 3-5 games i want but i do not want to go out friday at midnight kicked up on triptophan. amazon should be price matching these........atleast i hope.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#1895 handsome_rakshas

handsome_rakshas

Judgment of the Sea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

I also was hoping for a 20-25 dollar Catherine deal. I do suggest grabbing Yakuza 4 for 10 bucks, fun game.
Posted Image

#1896 ElBlueGuey

ElBlueGuey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

Aw damn it, I knew I shouldn't have bit on the buy 2 get 1 free deal at Target with Uncharted 3, Batman: AC, and Dark Souls. Le sigh. Oh well at least I'm enjoying them now.

I don't know what I'll get, I have a $50 Gamestop giftcard and I have been wanting to add God of War III and Ratchet and Clank: ACIT for a while but on the flip side a deal for Skyrim or Zelda down the line would be nice.

#1897 Antrax

Antrax

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Bought Skyrim and got MW3 for just another $10 after BOGO 50% off minus $20 coupon. SKYRIM FTW!

#1898 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

Kinda tempted to buy the Metal Gear HD Collection at that price. At the same time, I should probably hold off as I know for a fact that Skyrim is going to continue occupying most of my free time as it already did in the weekend. Also, boo for no Dead Rising: Off the Record deal. ><

#1899 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

So excited for BF again this year!

Here is what I am going after!

Gears 3
Kinect Sports 2
Heavy Rain
Yakuza 4

Potentially NFS or Assasin's Creed

#1900 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

IS it honestly possible to get the 360 deals? I feel like i have no chance on that front.

Is amazon the best of all?

#1901 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Was hoping for a 250gb xbox only deal this year, guess I'll just start hoping for next year

#1902 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

Was hoping for a 250gb xbox only deal this year, guess I'll just start hoping for next year

Is $199.99 not good enough?
Posted Image

#1903 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

[quote name='WV Matsui']So excited for BF again this year!

Here is what I am going after!

Gears 3
Kinect Sports 2
Heavy Rain
Yakuza 4

Potentially NFS or Assasin's Creed[/QUOTE

ahhh another heavy rain buyer ! I'm so glad that heavy rain is getting the attention it deserves this year (I will be buying it for a second time). To bad it had to hit 14.99 for that to happen. It's such an amazing game ! I will say this though its not for 15 year old cod players with low attention spans. Too bad they didnt edit out that Jason scene ....
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#1904 Mirage Master

Mirage Master

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

I was looking at the scan for gohastings and I saw that they offer "these two games (it shows R&C:AFO and LBP2) and one used blu-ray movie of your choice (priced $29.99 or less) with the purchase of PS3 160 GB holiday bundle" for $200. Does that mean you get 2 copies of each game? That seems strange...

#1905 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

It's minor and fairly insignificant for most here, but I figured I'd post the details for anyone interested.

Half Price Books is giving out tote bags with $5 gift cards to the first 100 customers, with one tote bag having a $100 gift card in it. Doors open at 7am (a little later than some others) and they have coupons out there for 40% off your highest priced item or $15 off your purchase of $50. Not sure if it is okay to post a scan of the coupon or not...

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1906 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:04 PM

I was looking at the scan for gohastings and I saw that they offer "these two games (it shows R&C:AFO and LBP2) and one used blu-ray movie of your choice (priced $29.99 or less) with the purchase of PS3 160 GB holiday bundle" for $200. Does that mean you get 2 copies of each game? That seems strange...

No.

#1907 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

I think Wal-Mart is going to be where I go... Might hit up target as well...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1908 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

bestbuy has the best price on Assassin Creed$35 and NFS The Run$30, however amazon had the same price on both game titles last year on BF, so i dont plan on leaving my house. I expect amazon to come through and match the majority of these deal as they usually do.

Also im expecting a deal on Saints Row 3, i noticed no retailer has it on sale, hopefully amazon comes through. A few other games im hoping for sales on are 007 reloaded, and Rayman Origins

#1909 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

Wanted to use my $10 gift card on a DualShock 3 from K-mart; however, I'll be working. Definitely hitting up Wal-Mart.

#1910 Kablasia

Kablasia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

I'm hoping MGS HD collection goes on sale somewhere else other than Kmart. There's no Kmarts in Houston and I doubt walmart or BB will pm it.

#1911 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for that sort by console/game. I was going to do the same thing myself with pen and paper this morning but your way works much better.
Guess as I'll get my wife the DSiXL Mini land Mayhem bundle this week at TRU w/ the $25 gift card as the XL doesn't show up in anybody's ads.

#1912 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Kinect Sports 2 AND Dance Central 2 for $15/each at Wal-Mart? What?
-Michael

Posted Image

#1913 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Buy the $199 + $50 gc xbox 4gb w/ kinect deal at walmart.

Sell giftcard $50
Sell kinect $100
Buy 250gb hdd on ebay for $40-$50

$100 250gb Xbox

#1914 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

So these early leaks have nullified purchasing the new assassins creed or any game releasing before black Friday. Nice.

#1915 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

Well, can't believe I'm saying this but Best Buy actually lives up to their name this year. First to leak and clearly the winner for deals overall. I wasn't even considering the new NFS, but for $30 I'll check it out.

#1916 muhsheesuh

muhsheesuh

Son I am disappoint

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Buy the $199 + $50 gc xbox 4gb w/ kinect deal at walmart.

Sell giftcard $50
Sell kinect $100
Buy 250gb hdd on ebay for $40-$50

$100 250gb Xbox

Good luck selling those gift cards and kinects for full face value (sarcasm)
I'm sure you are exempt from paying retail tax too.

#1917 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

Does anybody know if Walmart will have its black Friday sales online or are these instore only?

I'm looking to get Kinect Sports 2 and Dance Central 2 but I do not want to go to the actual store to get them. I would rather buy them online.

#1918 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Definitely snagging Dance Central 2 & Kinect Sports Season 2 at Wal-Mart.

Also definitely going to snag Sonic Generations and a couple of 3 month XBL cards at Gamestop. Debating Driver SF at either GS or K-Mart as well.

Also hoping Amazon has Ico/SOTC Collection on sale and I will be set :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#1919 Silverspud

Silverspud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

So, no B2G1 free deals unless I wanna buy used at Gamestop, eh? I'm gonna have to be more creative this year.

#1920 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

Catherine is one game I hope amazon has on the cheap. Havent seen it on sale anywhere other than $39.99 at best buy a month or so ago.

Good luck with that. Lowest I've seen it was on Amazon a few weeks ago. Was 45 bucks. Bit the bullet cuz I was afraid nobody would run a BF sale on it. Good thing I did it then because NOBODY has advertised a sale on it and all the ads are out. Amazon Lightning Deal might be your only hope because a PM is obviously out of the question at this point.