Black Friday / Cyber Monday Video Game Deals 2011

• Please log in to reply
5451 replies to this topic

#1951 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

Is NFS:the Run the only racing game out for the ps3 this year? Thinking of getting it for my sis but so far there have been mixed reviews.

Assuming you don't count Driv3r, which even with it's goofy premise doesn't seem like a bad buy for $20.

Sad to see Costco offering very little...especially nothing really video game orientated.
Posted Image

#1952 jony529

jony529

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

So i'm a Black Friday/Cyber Monday noob. I have never been shopping on either of those days so if someone could give me the lowdown I have a few questions.

I only want these 5 PS3 games - AC: Rev, Batman: AC, MW3, Saints Row 3, Dead Island

I have a few 10$ gamer certs and gift cards from Best Buy so I'd like to do my shopping there.

-Are the prices listed on the first page for in-store purchases only, or are they for online also?
-What are my chances of getting the games? From someone's experience should I arrive early and wait in line if the deals aren't available online? Is it true they only have a few copies of each and sell out quickly?
-Are the same games from black Friday on sale for cyber Monday, or does cyber Monday get its own deals?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if some of these questions have already been asked. I've read through a few pages but I just don't have time to read through 100 pages lol.

#1953 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Games should be online
Waiting at the store prior to opening is for big ticket items. Games and movies should be available for a few hours for the most part
Cyber Monday is separate and usually sucks compared to thursday-Friday deals

This is all off of past experiences
Posted Image

#1954 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

NFS:The Run reviews are coming in. Expect low 7 when all done. A definite wait in my book.

#1955 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

NFS:The Run reviews are coming in. Expect low 7 when all done. A definite wait in my book.

Problem is you'll probably have to wait a while just for it to hit $30 again. Might as well get it on BF rather than a year later for it to drop to $20.

#1956 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Problem is you'll probably have to wait a while just for it to hit $30 again. Might as well get it on BF rather than a year later for it to drop to $20.

Sorry I meant not to get it tomorrow...but I suppose in this thread I should have said that. :) Everyone is waiting till BF in this thread.

#1957 SiMMENS

SiMMENS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

You think these will include the PC version if available?

#1958 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Still waiting on Amazons deals..... please have 200 dollar PS3 holiday bundle!

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#1959 Kamakazi010654

Kamakazi010654

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

Still waiting on Amazons deals..... please have 200 dollar PS3 holiday bundle!

Does Amazon generally announce their deals? I thought it was more of a wait and hope sort of thing.

#1960 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

I hope they offer the Battlefield 3 and Uncharted deals online on thanksgiving or something... I have a bunch of Best Buy credit I wouldn't mind transferring over to Gamestop to trade in to get that Zelda 3DS...

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#1961 espica

espica

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Any ASUS gaming laptop deals? I'm waiting for a deal on one of those or an MSI.

#1962 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Any ASUS gaming laptop deals? I'm waiting for a deal on one of those or an MSI.

Newegg is likely to be your best bet on that.

#1963 ichiban_D

ichiban_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

At best buy I'm mostly aiming for about 5-6 ps3 games, 5-6 movies the 3tb hard drive and a camera. Will the hard drive and camera be available online as well?

#1964 Screwhead281

Screwhead281

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Alright I don't really know how the deals at the stores work since I've only shopped on Amazon during Black Friday. Are the deals at actual stores available online too or is it only an in store price? Is Amazon likely to match these prices?

Thanks.
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=1572187"][/URL]

#1965 Frog Ribs

Frog Ribs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

My daughter (age 4) seems interested in things like Once Upon a Monster and Disneyland Adventures.

Lucky for her the Kinect Sensor is going down to $100 at pretty much every store, which means Amazon should have the same deal going.

#1966 chyyneezballa

chyyneezballa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Alright I don't really know how the deals at the stores work since I've only shopped on Amazon during Black Friday. Are the deals at actual stores available online too or is it only an in store price? Is Amazon likely to match these prices?

Thanks.

These deals are both in store AND online. I'm not sure if amazon would match these prices but I'm positive they would have deals close enough to retailers like Best Buy when it comes to electronics.

#1967 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

What time does gamestop open on black friday ? I would like to pick up heavy rain after my trip to bestbuy

The Gamestop closest to me is opening at midnight on Black Friday your store may be different.

TheVila.png

#1968 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

the TVs on the front of the walmart black friday ad ($188 32" and $248 40")... what time do I have to be there for those...? there's two times right next to each other on the front page for electronics, one at 12 a.m. and one at 8 a.m. ?

#1969 Screwhead281

Screwhead281

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

These deals are both in store AND online. I'm not sure if amazon would match these prices but I'm positive they would have deals close enough to retailers like Best Buy when it comes to electronics.

Ah okay that sounds way better then. Is stock limited online as it is in store?
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=1572187"][/URL]

#1970 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

I should not let it bother me but why does Metacritic allow for obscure (at least to me) German, French, Swedish websites count in their aggregate scores? Some site Gamer.no (maybe it is huge) gave AC:Rev a 5/10 while another Level7.nu gave it a 6/10. I know opinions vary and game journalism is skewed too high but I just doubt AC:Rev is a 5/10 game.

#1971 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

WHYYYY do people keep asking 'what will this store do'...'what did that store do'...'will such and such price match'...'did ____ price match last year'????? If the store is near YOUUUUU.....CALLLLL THEMMMMMMM!!! Amazon has an 800#, too etc.

No one here is a psychic. If you get old/wrong info, BLAME YOURSELFFFFF for not picking up the phone. These stores could switch all of that up this year, regardless if they did the same thing for the last 2,000 years.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1972 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

I should not let it bother me but why does Metacritic allow for obscure (at least to me) German, French, Swedish websites count in their aggregate scores? Some site Gamer.no (maybe it is huge) gave AC:Rev a 5/10 while another Level7.nu gave it a 6/10. I know opinions vary and game journalism is skewed too high but I just doubt AC:Rev is a 5/10 game.

Excellent question, and very very relevant to this topic.
Posted Image

#1973 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Unless you plan on lining up at 7am Thanksgiving morning, good luck getting anything good at any major retailer.

I still don't get the appeal of going out on Black Friday. I'll sit on the couch with some hot coffee and shop online, thank you very much.

#1974 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Excellent question, and very very relevant to this topic.

Yes because looking at your 2,500+ post indicates every one of them somehow directly contributed to the added knowledge of the thread. I bring up AC:REV because many of us are going to be buying it on BF so the reviews of a game just about to release is relevant. Get off your high fucking horse.

#1975 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

The only place I really want to go to is Walmart for Batman AC, which I will just go to the store at 9:30 PM thanksgiving and pick it up. I believe the store is open all day, and they probably have tons of copies in stock.

If that's your plan, go for it. I'd still wait to see what Amazon does though.

#1976 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

If that's your plan, go for it. I'd still wait to see what Amazon does though.

Good things come to those who wait... But, only what's left by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln.

I'm not saying you 'care' about getting any of these deals, but don't be shocked if you're left with the scraps and crumbs.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1977 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Good things come to those who wait... But, only what's left by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln.

I'm not saying you 'care' about getting any of these deals, but don't be shocked if you're left with the scraps and crumbs.

I don't plan on buying anything besides maybe a 360 bundle online if they're available. If I see a good enough online deal, I'll snag it. Anything else goes on the Christmas list.

#1978 ichiban_D

ichiban_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

Metacritic can be weird sometimes. My biggest problem is that they let anyone contribute to the user ratings, and it's only a problem because people game developers apparently care.

See Modern Warfare 3 and the blacklash they have taken from the fans.

But anyways, IGN called the game the best in the series, yet gave it an 8.5. From what I can tell, it's the best but only by a hair.

Different location, minor tweaks and such hasn't made this series stale, yet. Glad that it's 34.99 a lot earlier because I never buy an AC game till it drops around 40 which is usually a month or two after the initial release

#1979 247

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

I haven't played any AC games but it seems that they all look the same??? Maybe that's why they gave it a 8.5?

#1980 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

People still use meticritic ? Lmao. Users who are fanboys will mark ps3/360 games down with 2/10 scores and such and that website hand pics its reviews to post. A bunch of sites that gave uncharted 3 great scores weren't put on meticritic bit as soon as that 4/10 score came out it was put on meticrics site two minutes later ! Anyway Fuck reviewers as they are Always payed off with swag and stuff (remember those 850$ swag bags for halo 3 ?). Gaming journalism went down the toilet this gen. Whew I'm tired lol

Anyway assassins creed is a great franchise !
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze