Black Friday / Cyber Monday Video Game Deals 2011

• Please log in to reply
5451 replies to this topic

#1981 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

People still use meticritic ? Lmao. Users who are fanboys will mark ps3/360 games down with 2/10 scores and such and that website hand pics its reviews to post. A bunch of sites that gave uncharted 3 great scores weren't put on meticritic bit as soon as that 4/10 score came out it was put on meticrics site two minutes later ! Anyway Fuck reviewers as they are Always payed off with swag and stuff (remember those 850$ swag bags for halo 3 ?). Gaming journalism went down the toilet this gen. Whew I'm tired lol

Anyway assassins creed is a great franchise !

Yeah I never let metacritic make a decision for me but I always wonder when a game is scoring in the 8-9 and then some random website gives it a 4 or 5. The reality is we hear 8 now and think it is a crap score when in reality it should be a good score.

#1982 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

I haven't played any AC games but it seems that they all look the same??? Maybe that's why they gave it a 8.5?

they're ok. I really enjoyed he first one, and the second one made some vast improvements. I haven't played three because it's just more of the same. Maybe I'll playing one day. The later games haven't grabbed my attention like the first one did.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#1983 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I never let metacritic make a decision for me but I always wonder when a game is scoring in the 8-9 and then some random website gives it a 4 or 5. The reality is we hear 8 now and think it is a crap score when in reality it should be a good score.

Exactly ! 8 is a very good score its just the extreme fanboys have somehow devalued it. If the game is great to you than that's what counts. Why should a grown person let someone (in this case a reviewer) tell them what's good and what isn't ? The only way reviewers are usefull to me is if major glitches are reported and such but thats it

Anyway back on topic. A poster here told me his gamestop is opening at 12 on bf. Is this confermed to be nationwide or is it ymmv ?
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1984 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

Kmart had it for $39.99

Spoiler
about 2-3 weeks ago, if I remember correctly. How much cheaper were you looking for it for?

Not the person you quoted, but I'd be down for $30 or less. I mean, if UC3 and B:AC are hitting $30 on BF, surely Dark Souls can too.

#1985 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Note amazon warehouse deals has a like new PS3 copy of Catherine for $44 if anyone wants it.

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

they also have a good copy for $38.
Posted Image

Check out this link to earn some cash by doing surveys!
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/9860393

#1986 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Is $199.99 not good enough?

Not interested in the bundle BS, just want the 250gb stand alone console

#1987 DertyFoot

DertyFoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

Not interested in the bundle BS, just want the 250gb stand alone console

Wat. Bundle BS? It's cheaper than the regular iteration during this sale. You are opposed to free video games? Otherwise it's exactly the same.
Posted Image

#1988 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

Wat. Bundle BS? It's cheaper than the regular iteration during this sale. You are opposed to free video games? Otherwise it's exactly the same.

Not wanting free games is a cag crime ! Shrike should ban him for that very reason.
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1989 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Is amazon gonna have the $199 PS3 bundle? I'm guessing yes, but was wondering if anyone has heard anything official. I was gonna get the Uncharted Bundle, but my Target was out and Amazon hasn't matched yet.

#1990 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Is amazon gonna have the $199 PS3 bundle? I'm guessing yes, but was wondering if anyone has heard anything official. I was gonna get the Uncharted Bundle, but my Target was out and Amazon hasn't matched yet.

Every retailer is having it on sale
Currently playing

690739.png

#1991 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

I haven't played any AC games but it seems that they all look the same??? Maybe that's why they gave it a 8.5?

Im just looking forward to the multi part of the game as i loved assassins brotherhood multi (never played the actual story line as i never played 1 and 2)-hope revalations is an improvement on that so for $35 im in.

#1992 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

I apologize ahead of time if this question has been asked. I know that Walmart price matches black friday deals as I have done it before but can you price match a doorbuster deal? I will be heading to Walmart for the blu's and games that go on sale at 10:00 and I really want to get Uncharted 3 at Best Buy but my Best Buy is a madhouse on black friday and I try to avoid it, so I was hoping to price match best buys ad at walmart, but I want to know what other people experiences have been with price matching a doorbuster deal at walmart. Thanks...

#1993 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

I sure hope there aren't any PS3 shortages. Back in 2009, I was able to get a 360 on Black Friday no problem so hopefully this year will be the same.

#1994 Jcpunk

Jcpunk

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

I apologize ahead of time if this question has been asked. I know that Walmart price matches black friday deals as I have done it before but can you price match a doorbuster deal? I will be heading to Walmart for the blu's and games that go on sale at 10:00 and I really want to get Uncharted 3 at Best Buy but my Best Buy is a madhouse on black friday and I try to avoid it, so I was hoping to price match best buys ad at walmart, but I want to know what other people experiences have been with price matching a doorbuster deal at walmart. Thanks...

Well from my experiences of price matching at walmart during black friday, you can only match the deal while it's active, so you will have to wait until 12 to price match best buy. At least that's how it was everytime I have done it, the manager might let you buy it early but that's defiantly ymmv because they are suppose to only PM while the offers are active.

#1995 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

I sure hope there aren't any PS3 shortages. Back in 2009, I was able to get a 360 on Black Friday no problem so hopefully this year will be the same.

same here I want to get one from my job at target since it would be $180 after the discount, but I have to wait until break before I can do any shopping. Thats bullshit, but so is life 83% of the time. ;)

#1996 WiiGame

WiiGame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

is it just me or are this years Bf deals not good?

#1997 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

How fast do you think stores will go out of sale of the Holiday Bundles for PS3/360?

If I can't pick it up on Amazon, I don't really want to go through the havoc of jumping to multiple stores.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1998 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

Has there been a sale on the official Playstation bluetooth anywhere?

#1999 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

Not wanting free games is a cag crime ! Shrike should ban him for that very reason.

Ok buddy wipe your nose off, got a lil brown on it

#2000 gtavc

gtavc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:49 AM

Is the Best Buy deal in store only, or can you order online and pickup in-store later.

#2001 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:49 AM

is it just me or are this years Bf deals not good?

Agree, especially if you're an avid gamer and already own the "hot" titles

#2002 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

Ok buddy wipe your nose off, got a lil brown on it

You do know I was just messing with you right ?
Currently playing

690739.png

#2003 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

ok *group hug* lol

#2004 Otakufriendly

Otakufriendly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Just wondering, when can we get the black friday ads? I plan to go to a Walmart but I'm going to need to a Best Buy ad to price match. So I was wondering when is it possible to actually pick up the Black Friday ads for stores.

#2005 dennisb407

dennisb407

The real ads come in the Thanksgiving Day paper

#2006 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

ok *group hug* lol

What an emotional moment on cag :)

Anyone see anything for amazon yet ? I'm at work so I don't have time to check
Currently playing

690739.png

#2007 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

What an emotional moment on cag :)

Anyone see anything for amazon yet ? I'm at work so I don't have time to check

nah bro. Should we expect to see their friday and cyber monday lineup at the same time after kmart releases their ad or after this countdown "sale" is over?

#2008 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

hoping amazon will match the yakuza 4 sale

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2009 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:19 AM

Is the Best Buy deal in store only, or can you order online and pickup in-store later.

I remember last year BestBuy.com had the movies on sale for Black Friday too, so I think there's a good chance, video games, movies will be available online too.

#2010 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:20 AM

Sears ad is up http://bfads.net/Sears but it's nothing to see really.