Black Friday / Cyber Monday Video Game Deals 2011

• Please log in to reply
5451 replies to this topic

#2011 ZuKe Zuchegno

ZuKe Zuchegno

I'm Sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

do you guys think Skyrim will go on sale or should i get it for $45 from someone?
Quote: uncle5555 The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#2012 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:23 AM

do you guys think Skyrim will go on sale or should i get it for $45 from someone?

So far it seems that, saints, dead island, and catherine are big wants here but wont get discounted unless amazon comes to the rescue.

#2013 ichiban_D

ichiban_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:30 AM

How fast do you think stores will go out of sale of the Holiday Bundles for PS3/360?

If I can't pick it up on Amazon, I don't really want to go through the havoc of jumping to multiple stores.

I honestly expect them to have a lot of systems stacked. I remember last year they had plenty of systems stacked that Friday throughout the weekend.

If you're thinking of picking up another game, Amazon has matched Kmart's B1G1 50% off deal.

#2014 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

nah bro. Should we expect to see their friday and cyber monday lineup at the same time after kmart releases their ad or after this countdown "sale" is over?

I was hoping for some amazon news as the wait is killing me. I bet Thursday the 24th at 3am eastern time we will see the hints for the lighting deals and the deals that will happen through the weekend will be revealed as well. They will probibly start the sale at midnight. I could be wrong though
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2015 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:35 AM

uestion about games at walmart
have a few questions if I want infamousand forza video games what time should I get in line? It says it starts at 10pm Thursday can I go about 9:30pm and have them in my hand?

#2016 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:48 AM

damn nothing on saints row!!

#2017 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

I was hoping for some amazon news as the wait is killing me. I bet Thursday the 24th at 3am eastern time we will see the hints for the lighting deals and the deals that will happen through the weekend will be revealed as well. They will probibly start the sale at midnight. I could be wrong though

nah that makes sense, but the thing is this is my first time doing amazon on BF so I dont know when they usually put their deals on or anything about their cyber monday deals. Which day is better for amazon BF or CM?

#2018 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:56 AM

So this is what I want to get

Epic Mickey $15.00
Battlefield 3 $28.00
Infamous 2 $28.00
Uncharted 3 $28.00
Dance central 2 $15.00
Forza Motorsport 4 $28.00

I have never attended a black friday and have hear how early people show up. Do you guys think I should show up hours ahead of time to get something like this or can I find it walking in or possibly online?

#2019 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:00 AM

is it just me or are this years Bf deals not good?

That depends on which deals you're looking for. As for me, I may grab a 42" Sharp HDtv(or three;)) for $199.99. I'm currently trying to recruit a friend or two or possibly some family members to stand in line with me. Can't say no to a big screen HDtv for two bills.;)

I have never attended a black friday and have hear how early people show up. Do you guys think I should show up hours ahead of time to get something like this or can I find it walking in or possibly online?

That completely depends on what you want. In the case of the $200 HDtv @ BB, you'd probably be better off skipping Thanksgiving dinner altogether and maybe even camping out the night before.

For cheap games, that depends on how popular the game is and how recently it came out.

Either way I would say to get there at least 6-8 hours before the store opens if not sooner.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2020 te619

te619

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

They guy at my Best Buy said that he got a truck full of the 360 bundles, and he expected them to last through the weekend.

#2021 AAK_SO_COLD

AAK_SO_COLD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

So this is what I want to get

Epic Mickey $15.00
Battlefield 3 $28.00
Infamous 2 $28.00
Uncharted 3 $28.00
Dance central 2 $15.00
Forza Motorsport 4 $28.00

Walmart sells out of games extremely fast! I'd get there about an hour early
Learn from the BEST :D

#2022 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

wow you people really are cheapassgamers. To think that many would skip THANKSGIVING DINNER just for a couple of videogames is funny as hell. But to each his own right?

#2023 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

Is bestbuy a better bet games are almost the same in price should I gp there instead?

#2024 xcefkevin

xcefkevin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

Think right now I'm eyeing:

God of War 3: $15
Heavy Rain: $15

And then maybe UFC 10, Pure or Call of Duty W@W depending on what Amazon is offering that night.

#2025 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

Either way I would say to get there at least 6-8 hours before the store opens if not sooner.

6-8 Hours?

Maybe if you're going after doorbusters. But for video games I'd say show up and hour early and you'll be fine.

Last year at Walmart I got there 30 minutes before it started and I got every single game I was going after.

Also, If you can't find the game you're looking for walk around the store and look around. Last year I found more games laying around random parts of the store than I did at the video game area. Alot of people just grab whatever they can and then look at what they have. All the stuff the don't want they'll just toss in the floor somewhere or lay them on shelves on the other side of the store.

What I plan on doing this year is getting to Walmart an hour early, going straight back to electronics and getting Rage, Duke Nukem and a few other games that I'm going to price match that Walmart don't have on sale, and hold on to them while I stand in line to get the Walmart deals.

#2026 qmoney88

qmoney88

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

I dont think this has been clarified yet (I checked through at least half of these pages, I didnt see a definitive answer) if whether or not the zelda 3ds bundle included the special edition 3ds. I spoke to the supervisor of the gaming department at my local BB and he said that the bundle was indeed the special edition one and that he was actually picking one up for himself, although everywhere I check on the internet there are conflicting reports as the description seems to be a bit misleading. I was also trying to enhance the ad scan but the quality is too poor to really tell, although it appears to have the zelda outline design. Anyone have anymore insight into this? I could essentially get all of my gaming shopping done at one store if this is the special edition bundle, thanks for any responses.

#2027 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

I dont think this has been clarified yet (I checked through at least half of these pages, I didnt see a definitive answer) if whether or not the zelda 3ds bundle included the special edition 3ds. I spoke to the supervisor of the gaming department at my local BB and he said that the bundle was indeed the special edition one and that he was actually picking one up for himself, although everywhere I check on the internet there are conflicting reports as the description seems to be a bit misleading. I was also trying to enhance the ad scan but the quality is too poor to really tell, although it appears to have the zelda outline design. Anyone have anymore insight into this? I could essentially get all of my gaming shopping done at one store if this is the special edition bundle, thanks for any responses.

The GameStop ad provides a clearer picture of the box, and yes, it's the special Zelda 3DS with the extra design.
Posted Image

#2028 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:47 AM

wow you people really are cheapassgamers. To think that many would skip THANKSGIVING DINNER just for a couple of videogames is funny as hell. But to each his own right?

For a TV I'll do it, but since I think BB is supposed to open at midnight for the sale I better skip dinner the day before if I wanna get one.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2029 qmoney88

qmoney88

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

The GameStop ad provides a clearer picture of the box, and yes, it's the special Zelda 3DS with the extra design.

Ya I figured that too, I just thought that it mightve been a gamestop exclusive, and to counter, best buy was offering a regular cosmo black with zelda oot bundle for 20 bucks cheaper or something like that, but I think it is safe to assume that BB has the special edition, thanks for the prompt response.

#2030 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:55 AM

We do Thanksgiving the Saturday before so my Thanksgiving day is dedicated to football and deal shopping.

TheVila.png

#2031 0_0

0_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the Best Buy Ocarina 3DS bundle is the Zelda Special Edition or just a normal Cosmos Black?

#2032 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the Best Buy Ocarina 3DS bundle is the Zelda Special Edition or just a normal Cosmos Black?

Well the ad and the first page of this thread clearly says that it's the Cosmo Black one.

#2033 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:25 AM

The box pictures on the Gamestop and Best Buy ads are identical. Having said that, it's possible they both used the same European artwork and either or both are not really getting the system with the special artwork on it. It seems odd that Best Buy and Gamestop would get the special system and other retailers would just get a plain black system with the same game, but until things are further clarified, I don't think anyone is positive.

#2034 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:33 AM

Did you even bother reading what was posted four posts prior to yours? Jesus fucking christ.
Posted Image

#2035 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:39 AM

Would getting there around an hour early be fine for getting a system? The blue wii

#2036 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:41 AM

Everyone is talking about the 42" Sharp Tv this year over at Best Buy. I couldn't find anything on that Model Number listed so I'm guessing its a Chinese Rebrand. Not worth it IMO.

Also, since AssCreedRev and The Run are on sale, I was hoping saints and halo would be as well.
:360: Is all I need.

#2037 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

Did you even bother reading what was posted four posts prior to yours? Jesus fucking christ.

In his defense, nobody has really provided firm confirmation. The box photos for BB and GS are identical. Gamestop says in print it has a Special Edition 3ds in that bundle while the red Mario one just says Red 3ds. The Gamestop ad does show the special edition unit outside of the box, however, their website just shows a regular cosmo black system. In any event, hopefully there will be confirmation from both BB and Gamestop in the next few days.

#2038 Bronson-Lee

Bronson-Lee

VitaTag:GoForBroke94

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

You mean your post about the Gamestop 3DS when he's talking about the Best Buy 3DS? Cool the jets, bro. It's possible, if not highly likely, they're not the same.

#2039 AAK_SO_COLD

AAK_SO_COLD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

Can you only buy the doorbuster item if you have a ticket?
Learn from the BEST :D

#2040 ichiban_D

ichiban_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

Can you only buy the doorbuster item if you have a ticket?

Are you buying electronic appliances like TVs? Ticket's are handed out for Doorbuster items like that so that mobs don't kill each other fighting for a tv. Does anyone know how many copies of the doorbuster games they'll have on hand? It says a minimum of ten of each title for each system. More than 50 each?