• Please log in to reply
5451 replies to this topic

#211 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

hey CAGs,

there are ad scans for all the big stores: TGT, WMT, BB, KMT, etc., and some print ads on turkey day itself. but i've *never* seen an early copy of the fry's electronics BF ad insert. by the time our newspaper arrives (5 AMish), it's too late b/c the line has already wrapped around the store. and no one in line has the ad, so they're all going on faith? does anyone know where to get a copy of the friday paper early; ie, late thurs evening? i live in the SF bay area. TIA.

Here in SoCal the Frys Black Friday ad always comes in the Thursday Thanksgiving edition of the newspaper (LA Times here). I've gotten it the past few years without fail.

It might depend on the newspaper in your area (I'd check the largest circulation ones first), but the print ads are definitely available early Thursday...

#212 murph17

murph17

Rock Band addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

I pre-ordered that badboy at THQ's online store since it will come with the SR3 season pass included for free ($20 saving). Also, no shipping or tax fees. Hard to pass on that.

ooooh...tempting. i was sitting on some Gamestop credit i was going to use for this.

#213 ausinwarren

ausinwarren

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

Anybody know a price range for Xbox 360 250gb slim? I don't want the kinect and that's all I see for black friday.

Thanks.

#214 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

When will these ads leeks already ? My amazon and bestbuy credit keep on staring at me saying "come on already you jabroni SPEND US !"
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#215 ivana89

ivana89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

I don't know the answer to your question, but you should ask the guy that does the Fry's ad threads here. I bet he'd know.

was thinking that when i posted here, but didn't want to cross-post & contribute to thread inflation. but will do that now, thx.

#216 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

was thinking that when i posted here, but didn't want to cross-post & contribute to thread inflation. but will do that now, thx.

Do you get San Jose Mercury News? The ad should be on Thursday newspaper.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#217 crazydom2

crazydom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:16 AM

Have you played it on the short 9 hours it has been available?

I wasn't commenting on how good it was. I was commenting on the fact that the games presence is nonexistent. Usually somewhat major titles go on sale on Black Friday. Goldeneye isn't that.

#218 pure skill

pure skill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

I wasn't commenting on how good it was. I was commenting on the fact that the games presence is nonexistent. Usually somewhat major titles go on sale on Black Friday. Goldeneye isn't that.

I can definitely buy into that logic. I usually do a pretty good job keeping up with new releases, but I didn't even realize this game had been ported until just now.

#219 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:01 AM

Wonder when actual ads are gonna go up.. it's only a couple weeks away.

#220 deletion

deletion

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

I should look into getting Amazon Prime again. had to the 1 year student prime last black friday and was ordering products non stop without any worries. want to do that again this year. i know amazon's gonna have some pretty sweet deals.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#221 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

Wonder when actual ads are gonna go up.. it's only a couple weeks away.

i'm wondering the same thing. I'm guessing next week is when we will start to see ads...

#222 greenegt

greenegt

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Do stores offer price adjustments on their own BF deals? I'm getting antsy to replace my broken 360.

#223 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Do stores offer price adjustments on their own BF deals? I'm getting antsy to replace my broken 360.

Only one that might would be Walmart. I know Target and Best Buy won't do it.

#224 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hopefully there will be a ps3 sale! I really want to get uncharted 3.

#225 ttados

ttados

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

What a great time of the year! Two years ago cheapassgamer convinced me to get a ps3 on black Friday and it was a wonderful choice. Unfortunately, I sold it last fall to buy a dslr but now I'm looking into getting another one. Is there any chance we might see a ps3 bundle for $199 or less this year? I picked up the holiday bundle from walmart a couple years ago for $299 I believe so surely we will see some good stuff this year.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending black Friday with y'all!

Edited by ttados, 03 November 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#226 ttados

ttados

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

I'm not sure if any of the big stores will. Walmart might but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't on there big hit items or doorbusters.

#227 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

I've always wondered but never tried doing the price guarantee thing. If you know the PS3 or other hot item is going on sale on black friday can you buy it on monday and then walk in on black friday with your receipt in hand and ask to get the price adjusted? I've never tried this but it seems like if falls within all the rules.

#228 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Store abound here post signs that they don't PM on BF

#229 Booj

Booj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

For those who are worried about buying a game this month, just buy it. If there is a deal on Black Friday for that game then buy it on Black Friday as well and then return that copy to the store you bought it at full price, assuming that the store you buy it from has a return policy of 30 days. Or, if you're patient, you can just wait. I'm going to be swamped with schoolwork for next month so I'm just going to wait it out for some games such as AC: Revelations, Uncharted 3, etc.

Only applicable for big box retailers with sane return policies. Does not apply to PC gaming, online shopping, or anything to do with Gamestop.

#230 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

What a great time of the year! Two years ago cheapassgamer convinced me to get a ps3 on black Friday and it was a wonderful choice. Unfortunately, I sold it last fall to buy a dslr but now I'm looking into getting another one. Is there any chance we might see a ps3 bundle for $199 or less this year? I picked up the holiday bundle from walmart a couple years ago for $299 I believe so surely we will see some good stuff this year.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending black Friday with y'all!

in the OP:

"PS3 160GB Holiday Bundle with Free $20 Gift Card - $199.99"

if i can get the cash together that's what im gonna try for black friday

#231 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

Store abound here post signs that they don't PM on BF

Technically not a price match though if it's from the same store. Really it's just a refund and resell.

#232 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Technically not a price match though if it's from the same store. Really it's just a refund and resell.

The don't allow return during that day. Feel free to check with your local store manager and see what they say.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#233 greenegt

greenegt

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

I've always wondered but never tried doing the price guarantee thing. If you know the PS3 or other hot item is going on sale on black friday can you buy it on monday and then walk in on black friday with your receipt in hand and ask to get the price adjusted? I've never tried this but it seems like if falls within all the rules.

I'm going to try doing this at Wal-Mart for my replacement 360. I'm going to pick one up next week and look to get a BF price adjustment if applicable.

#234 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

at least locally newspaper said most ads will not be told until NOV 16 and later
WOOOO I STINK

#235 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

I should look into getting Amazon Prime again. had to the 1 year student prime last black friday and was ordering products non stop without any worries. want to do that again this year. i know amazon's gonna have some pretty sweet deals.

It's $40 for a student reup. I just got mine today because they added some free kindle books to loan to go along with their free video streaming. Black Friday was crazy last year, I remember buying a crapload of stuff, but the sales were like hourly so I saved a crapload on shipping because they were all under $25, and I would buy like one $15, or $20 game here or there.

Looking at games I want, hoping to see Ass Creed Brotherhood for sub $20. If I can find that somewhere I will be happy (I still need to play through AC II :lol:).

I know that Rayman Origins wont be on sale, but if I can get it on sale, I will drive somewhere for it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#236 waltercartman

waltercartman

Don't Be A Dingus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

Wasnt Amazon's Black Friday deal all free shipping?

I got F&F Tokyo drift for 1.99 and it was free shipping...

Oh and i dont have prime
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176686"][/URL]

#237 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

Wasnt Amazon's Black Friday deal all free shipping?

no

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#238 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

I got F&F Tokyo drift for 1.99 and it was free shipping...

The miracles of a modern age...

#239 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

I'm going to try doing this at Wal-Mart for my replacement 360. I'm going to pick one up next week and look to get a BF price adjustment if applicable.

Stores will RARELY match BF prices afterwards because they're considered a limited time offer.

#240 Kezay

Kezay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

Actually, Toys R Us had a Buy 1 Get 1 for $5 during their BF ad last year and the original Wii version of GoldenEye was part of that for the very few Wii games that were on the list.