Photo
- - - - -

XBLA Sales 2011 - Closed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4421 replies to this topic

#3091 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

With Bastion being on sale I was hoping all of the Summer of Arcade titles were going to be part of this sale. I would like to get Toy Soldiers and Crimson Alliance at a discounted price.

ITSP as well. That list is fake. I know (hope) it is.

#3092 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Who is selecting the deals major nelson. LOL Dlc limited the base to only those who like the series. With all the games out there the daily deals shjould be on stand alones IMO They started this thing offf kicking azz but now they are losing momentum.

#3093 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

Which one of these NV DLC is worth the time?

Personally I liked the last three. Here is summary.

Dead Money: Very difficult. A darker atmosphere then normal.
Honest Hearts: Moderate. Very story based, probably some of the best dialog writing in the game. However, it is very short and the activities are not very interesting.
Old World Blues. Difficult. This one is by far the best. With a huge area and a very funny story. Plenty to do.
Lonesome Road. I will be honest, this one was released at a bad time. I only finished it and did not go back and do everything like I normally do. However it have a good story and wraps up Fallout NV well.

In conclusion, I think all but Dead Money are worth picking up, especially for $5. C'mon do it.

#3094 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that cheap copy of New Vegas? Because I'm doing the math and it looks like to take advantage of this would be cheaper than buying the Ultimate Edition later.

Got it second hand from a friend. ;)

#3095 shinn

shinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

I really want crimson, iron brigade and toy soldiers as well . please for the love of video game gods put one of these on sale.
i would even probably buy dead block .... im starved for a new xbla game

#3096 Zizi

Zizi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

Mass effect dlc was on sale last year right? Probably won't be again. You Wally don't need it though and if you want it, you should only buy the asteroid mission. That one is good, the other is just horde mode.

Mass Effect 2 was, and I got them. Has Mass Effect 1 DLC ever been on sale, I never seen it.

#3097 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that cheap copy of New Vegas? Because I'm doing the math and it looks like to take advantage of this would be cheaper than buying the Ultimate Edition later.

It's currently $15.76 new at Amazon or $10.24 used. http://www.amazon.co...24568651&sr=8-1

#3098 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

Really hoping for Toy Soldiers (maybe tonight :)) and From Dust 50% off or more. Crimson Alliance would be cool, so would Iron Brigade. Just hoping for some standalone games that haven't been on sale before.

I translated that page in Chrome and there's definitely no concrete sources in it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3099 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

Mass Effect 2 was, and I got them. Has Mass Effect 1 DLC ever been on sale, I never seen it.

You missed both Mass Effect 1 DLCs being on sale couple times in the past, but the good news is they both saw permanent price drops. Pinnacle Station is now 400 msp (was 800 IIRC) and Bring Down the Sky (the good dlc) was 800 (again IIRC) and is now a mere 80 points. I doubt Bring Down the Sky will ever go cheaper than that but Pinnacle Station could see another sale I suppose.

#3100 Runch

Runch

Responsibly Reckless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

List is fake in my opinion, why would anyone leak a list of vague generalities like that? At least I'm hoping its fake, since it pretty much blows. At least I can finish F:NV now.
Posted Image

#3101 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Where the hell are the deals on the dashboard? I remember seeing the page once on a friends console, I think, and I can not for the life of me find it on my own. You think they would want to advertise these sales a little more. I hate this new dashboard cause I can never find anything on it.

#3102 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Where the hell are the deals on the dashboard? I remember seeing the page once on a friends console, I think, and I can not for the life of me find it on my own. You think they would want to advertise these sales a little more. I hate this new dashboard cause I can never find anything on it.

Games page, big ads in the center. I think it's the first one, but I'm away from my 360 right now.

#3103 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Games page, big ads in the center. I think it's the first one, but I'm away from my 360 right now.

It's not there, I'm getting different advertisements. Battlefield 3 DLC, LA Noire, YouTube App, Trine 2 and Arkham City DLC. It is no where to be found on my dashboard.

#3104 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

Bring Down the Sky (the good dlc) was 800 (again IIRC) and is now a mere 80 points. I doubt Bring Down the Sky will ever go cheaper than that but Pinnacle Station could see another sale I suppose.

FWIW, Bring Down the Sky comes on disc with the platinum version of ME1.

#3105 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

The list was probably created from the wet dream of a 12-year-old German boy, and likely has about the same chance of being true as... well, the wet dream of a 12-year-old German boy.

In other news, Jon Bon Jovi is dead. :roll:

#3106 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

If I want to limit new vegas dlc purchases to 2 right now. Which 2 would be the best? I haven't loaded new vegas up yet but got a copy for 10$ from gamefly a couple weeks ago.

#3107 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

You missed both Mass Effect 1 DLCs being on sale couple times in the past, but the good news is they both saw permanent price drops. Pinnacle Station is now 400 msp (was 800 IIRC) and Bring Down the Sky (the good dlc) was 800 (again IIRC) and is now a mere 80 points. I doubt Bring Down the Sky will ever go cheaper than that but Pinnacle Station could see another sale I suppose.

Well there you have it, buy bring down the sky for $1 and ignore the other one. Bring down the sky has some cool outdoor elements with a bunch of activities followed by a brutal (especially on the hardest setting) indoor fight that's fucking awesome.

#3108 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

If I want to limit new vegas dlc purchases to 2 right now. Which 2 would be the best? I haven't loaded new vegas up yet but got a copy for 10$ from gamefly a couple weeks ago.

Most would say Old World Blues no matter what and then probably Lonesome Road. OWB won best DLC on many sites this year.

#3109 Kraus989

Kraus989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Picked up the last two FO:NV dlc's that I didn't have. I can't wait to get back to Vegas.

I'm still hoping for a sale on Iron Brigade.

#3110 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

Very nice. I have been waiting for the Fallout add-ons to go on sale. Swiped up the New Vegas choices.

#3111 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

I get huuge ad ''Countdown to 2012 - Digital Stocking Stuffers'' right after get connected to xbox live ( in the first section ''HOME''). It's the first thing that i always see. I'm with UK account btw.

#3112 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

It's not there, I'm getting different advertisements. Battlefield 3 DLC, LA Noire, YouTube App, Trine 2 and Arkham City DLC. It is no where to be found on my dashboard.

Same exact thing for me, no sale advertised and all those same things are in place of it instead.

Edited by iNFiNiTE HORiZON, 22 December 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#3113 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

General consensus is Old World Blues and Honest Hears are the best ones.

#3114 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

General consensus is Old World Blues and Honest Hears are the best ones.

+1

Old World Blues is the best from bunch.

#3115 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hell to the yeah! Getting those last 2 Fallout NV DLC's I needed. Thanks Xbox and the OP! Been waiting a long time for these to drop. Are there anymore DLC coming out for NV? Or is this it?

And to the others thinking about/holding back getting the 1st one, Dead Money, do it, it's a good time with a good group of characters. Lots of loot too!

#3116 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I bought New Vegas for $30 at release. Still haven't played it. At least I've gotten all the DLC for half price (and I even got Honest Hearts for free during a screw up on XBL).

#3117 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

eh, I wanna grab a few of the fallout dlc's, but half off is what these have been on sale for multiple times now, and will be on sale for that price again, so i'm gonna hold off to save points for other one day sales. wish they were discounted a little bit more to like 320 on some of them, then i wouldn't be able to resist.

#3118 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Hrm, I played Fallout 3 and liked it a lot, had 100 hours into it in one playthrough, without any of the DLC, ended up getting GOTY later.
I havent played Fallout NV yet, I know a lot of people do not like it compared to FO 3, and its very glitchy.
Would you reccomend I pick up old world blues? Is it comprable to say broken steel DLC?

#3119 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hrm, I played Fallout 3 and liked it a lot, had 100 hours into it in one playthrough, without any of the DLC, ended up getting GOTY later.
I havent played Fallout NV yet, I know a lot of people do not like it compared to FO 3, and its very glitchy.
Would you reccomend I pick up old world blues? Is it comprable to say broken steel DLC?

New Vegas released glitchy and with one game breaking glitch in particular but these issues have long since been fixed and NV is no more glitchy than your typical Bethesda game.

I easily preferred New Vegas to FO3 as it is better written with a far superior main campaign and much more interesting side missions. I definitely recommend it if you liked FO3.

#3120 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Went ahead and got the NV DLC. I still have yet to play the game and got it on release during a buy 2 g 1 sale.
I hope that list isn't true. If it is Street Fighter will be the only thing I get.