• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4421 replies to this topic

#4021 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

Thanks for checking my math.

I'll leave it at this: I'm sure everyone can now safely say "Wait for when season passes to go on sale" when they launch.

This should be the new motto of this thread. :D

#4022 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

and I still made a f-ed up sentence....
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#4023 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

This type of business model is going to see decreasing returns if they keep following this time frame for putting passes on sale.

Eh, CAGs are in the extreme minority of gamers. I bet most gamers don't even know about this one-day sale, and of those that do, many probably don't even care that the price dropped after they purchased the Season Pass.

Remember, most CAGs think that Call of Duty map packs are a ripoff at $15, but Activision does insane business on those whenever they're released.

But I empathize with everyone who feels ripped off on the Gears 3 Season Pass. I feel the same way whenever I buy something and find it cheaper later. But as a CAG, you have to figure you're going to win more than you're gonna lose. ;)

#4024 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

Its the internet...If I wrote this way for work I would have been fired by now.;)

#4025 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

i can't believe some of you haven't played red dead yet, how many games of the year awards does it have to win to peak peoples curiosity? it's been out since may 2010

It certainly piques my curiosity and has since I received it for Christmas last year, but I had a hunch the PS3 content would make it to 360 and I'd been waiting around for that. Then it did... but only in the form of the Game of the Year Edition. I'm holding out hope that they'll eventually put the damned thing (and hardcore mode) on the marketplace so I can finally knock it all out in one go.

I have no doubt that it's worth the playthrough even without the other content - and I'll admit it's a petty gripe - but I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime. And no, at this time I can't really justify splurging on a game I already have just to have access to that tiny bit of additional content. Unfortunately.

As for the GoW3 pass - very tempting, but I think I'll use what points I've got on ITSP, Bloodrayne, and maybe Renegade Ops. I can either wait for another sale on the pass or bite the bullet at full price later when I finally get around to Gears (and hopefully better paychecks).

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

#4026 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

Eh, CAGs are in the extreme minority of gamers. I bet most gamers don't even know about this one-day sale, and of those that do, many probably don't even care that the price dropped after they purchased the Season Pass.

Remember, most CAGs think that Call of Duty map packs are a ripoff at $15, but Activision does insane business on those whenever they're released.

But I empathize with everyone who feels ripped off on the Gears 3 Season Pass. I feel the same way whenever I buy something and find it cheaper later. But as a CAG, you have to figure you're going to win more than you're gonna lose. ;)

I am going to monitor this thread to see how the community reacts. So far kind of mixed.

http://forums.epicga...son-Pass-25-off

#4027 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

Thanks for checking my math.

I'll leave it at this: I'm sure everyone can now safely say "Wait for when season passes to go on sale" when they launch.

That's what I'm doing with the SR3 season pass. I'm not quite sure what that even includes, so I didn't bother with it at launch.

Also, the Gold Lancer (and all guns) are being delisted after 12/31/2011 not 12/31/2012. That would be a hell of a notice! 8-)
Posted Image

#4028 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

Don't forget that all gun-type Avatar Props will be delisted on January 1st because apparently the Xbox is a toy for children, so if you want to pay money to play manly virtual dressup then this could be your best... SHOT.

Anyone know if there has been a list compiled of all the soon to be delisted items?

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#4029 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

I am going to monitor this thread to see how the community reacts. So far kind of mixed.

I'm still not sure that's a good barometer, as I doubt the average Gears 3 gamer goes to Epic's forums. Hell, I'd bet the average gamer doesn't even know Epic Games is the developer. In short, I think the average gamer is dumb and uninformed.

There are also people on there who are angry because the weapon skins pack dropped from 3600 points to 1800 points. That's a much bigger price drop (1800 vs. 600 for the Season Pass) and is more of a "luxury" item. Anyone who essentially wasted 1800 on a "luxury" item would understandably be upset.

#4030 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

Anyone know if there has been a list compiled of all the soon to be delisted items?

Yeah, this would be really helpful. I was wondering if the Halo laser sword is on the list the other day when it was 120 points.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#4031 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:57 AM

I know OutRun Online Arcade will be delisted as well.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#4032 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:00 AM

Haha I was gonna mention it, but you beat me to it. ;)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#4033 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I still think delisting gun props is stupid. If they don't want kids getting them, they should make that option for child accounts. I mean come on, the big xbox titles (Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War) all revolve around guns.

#4034 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

yeah, I have sour grapes too about the season pass being on sale but still even paying full price on the season pass, it's still a 33% sale overall. plus, I got some great times (and counting for the season pass).

plus, if you were leveling up on horde mode and got the season pass, you were well on the way of maxing out rather than people who just got it. it takes a ton of gaming to level up the horde pack additions.

now, I want the hammerburst to be on sale! the lancer is cool but he doesn't aim the gun. just revs up the chainsaw...

#4035 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:01 AM

Was thinking about picking up the season pass but its too much the most I would pay is 1000 points.

#4036 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:13 AM

I'm still not sure that's a good barometer, as I doubt the average Gears 3 gamer goes to Epic's forums. Hell, I'd bet the average gamer doesn't even know Epic Games is the developer. In short, I think the average gamer is dumb and uninformed.

There are also people on there who are angry because the weapon skins pack dropped from 3600 points to 1800 points. That's a much bigger price drop (1800 vs. 600 for the Season Pass) and is more of a "luxury" item. Anyone who essentially wasted 1800 on a "luxury" item would understandably be upset.

Yeah I relent. Most likely this only upset a handful of people.

#4037 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

Was thinking about picking up the season pass but its too much the most I would pay is 1000 points.

good luck getting each dlc at 250 points. lolz
:360: Is all I need.

#4038 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

Hoping Call of Duty Classic goes on sale tomorrow, I kind of want to play through that one.

#4039 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

Hoping Call of Duty Classic goes on sale tomorrow, I kind of want to play through that one.

Same here, i hope its 400 ms points.

#4040 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:43 AM

Same here, i hope its 400 ms points.

400 would be sooo nice, but I am expecting 800, maybe 600.

#4041 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

Have they said what the four DLC packs for Gears 3 will be? Obviously two are out, one is single player, and I think the third one is expected to be multi as the first one was. Would it be safe to assume the fourth one is likely multi as well? I'm on the edge for the season pass, only because I got too many points at a discount anyway, so it might be a good deal if I plan to keep Gears 3.

#4042 Crono-00

Crono-00

Backlog 4 Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:30 AM

I am trying to find which avatar gun props I should be looking at before delisting on the Avatar Marketplace. I thought there was one with a dove flying out then your avatar jumps to a side while dual wielding pistols in slo-mo, because I thought there was a Stranglehold section. While I know dual wielding pistols is mostly impractical, it just looks cool on film and games, maybe even on my avatar.

The lancer prop I may have to avoid, since it appears to be taken out of the avatar's butt opposed to summoned by a fingersnap ... which seems more inappropriate to me than seeing the gun. =P

Edited by Crono-00, 30 December 2011 - 05:34 AM.
speaking of films, yay Uglies trilogy to get films ... or like the prop, power of my imagination

#4043 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

It gets worse.

http://www.facebook....340816572596125

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#4044 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

It gets worse.

Alright, people are pissed.

#4045 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

Hm...my fear is the Fenix DLC maps will go free like the Horde Command maps did...

seanr1221.png

#4046 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

It gets worse.

Looks like they shut it down?

Edit: Just needed to log in.

#4047 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hm...my fear is the Fenix DLC maps will go free like the Horde Command maps did...

can you explain this?

#4048 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

People mad that something went on sale. You can't please everyone.

#4049 vamn

vamn

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

I am trying to find which avatar gun props I should be looking at before delisting on the Avatar Marketplace. I thought there was one with a dove flying out then your avatar jumps to a side while dual wielding pistols in slo-mo, because I thought there was a Stranglehold section. While I know dual wielding pistols is mostly impractical, it just looks cool on film and games, maybe even on my avatar.

The lancer prop I may have to avoid, since it appears to be taken out of the avatar's butt opposed to summoned by a fingersnap ... which seems more inappropriate to me than seeing the gun. =P

I think the GOW ones are the only (semi-)realistic guns on there. But if they are getting rid of anything "gun-like", then there's a raygun-type brush launcher from Rayving Rabbids and there's also the shooting gallery prop - granted, the avatar is only using his fingers to shoot things, but it implies having guns. :roll:

Honestly, this kind of stuff annoys the hell out of me. It's like when they pulled the confederate and British red coat uniforms from the marketplace after a couple days because someone claimed they got "offended".
Which makes me think of Stephen Fry's quote on the subject...
Spoiler

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#4050 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

can you explain this?

Explain what? The first map pack was 800 points, but just to play it in private matches and in Horde mode.

They then released the same maps, for free, to everyone.

I wouldnt want to jump on the season pass and find out the same thing happens to the new Fenix pack coming next month

seanr1221.png