XBLA Sales 2011 - Closed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4421 replies to this topic

#4411 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

Yeah, I am also playing Bloodrayne and I am aslo enjoying the game more than I thought I would, I am on stage 9, the end of stage 8 was messed up lol. Anywho, I am glad I jumped on the sale, now I am hoping for an NBA Jam sale.

#4412 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

So....I've been anticipating this sale waiting for crysis to go on sale, but I was just on my xbox and realized I already have it, Don't remember buying it but oh well must have been a late night impluse buy, well worth and full price,

If NBA Jam drops its worth it, I paid full price for it and think it was well worth it

#4413 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:44 AM

No online pass is needed for a games on demand version of a game. Online passes were implemented to fight used games sales. You are buying a new version of the game when you buy a games on demand copy. Enjoy!

This seems reasonable and logical, however searching for Bad Company 2 on xbox.com shows this before you click on the game page:

VIP Access is not included with Games on Demand purchase.

EA is nuts. They seriously don't take the time to work out giving players who pay full price for an intangible product that has no resale value full online access?

That being said, I'm actually strongly considering picking up the GoD version of BC2. I'm a Battlefield nut and have put in tons of time into the disc version so I already have the lame VIP access and the Vietnam expansion. How cool would it be to essentially turn this into another Battlefield arcade game and be able to boot up a quick match or two at any time? That might be worth 1200 points to me.

My only concern would be the size of the remaining online community for BC2 with BF3 out now. I usually play during crazy hours so I need there to be Conquest games available around the clock. Does anyone here know how BC2 is still holding up online? If not I'll pop in at the Battlefield dedicated thread. BF3 is a great online experience but I'm not sure I didn't enjoy BC2 more.

#4414 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

On my 360 dashboard, it had an ad for Crysis 2 on sale...wait for it...........$34.99!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4415 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

On my 360 dashboard, it had an ad for Crysis 2 on sale...wait for it...........$34.99!

Yeah it does that for both crysis games I get excited thinking its a sale and they're both regular price.

#4416 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm thinking about making a new thread for 2012.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#4417 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

I vote for less blank lines in the new OP! :)

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#4418 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm thinking about making a new thread for 2012.

With almost 4500 posts it would not be a bad idea.

#4419 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

what do you mean on physical media?

XBLA compilation discs contain several XBLA games on a single disc, but the DRM license embedded within each title is locked to that specific disc. "Worms" is another example of a game that was available on 512mb MU's as a promo, but only licensed for play from that MU. See OP's list by clicking "XBLA Discs" under the question "Q: I noticed some talk about "compilation discs?" What is that and is it cheaper?".

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#4420 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Ok, making a new thread. I will link to it before I close this one.
Posted Image

#4421 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

Ok, making a new thread. I will link to it before I close this one.

Cool, let us know when its safe to post in it too. :D

#4422 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

Ok here's the new thread. Feel free to post in it.
Posted Image