• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

Awesome new thread! Yay!

#32 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

Here's the list of games rumored for 2011. Granted they could be delayed, canceled, etc

Sonic CD

Sega confirmed that Sonic CD is coming to XBLA in Dec. I'll keep an eye out for an exact date & price.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Zombies!!! definitely isn't cancelled. I'm friends with the developer and it's chugging along... Voltron is coming this month for sure, and Sonic CD hits in December, Double Dragon II is currently targetted for December but hasn't passed cert yet.

Diabolical Pitch has always been targeted for 2012.

Zombies!!! is an excellent board game which I would love to enjoy once
again with friends long moved away but still remain staples on my
friends list on Xbox Live. If priced right (800MSP or less), it would
be easy to recommend having each friend purchase the XBLA title.
While I know Zombies!!! got a digital release on the Windows Mobile
platform. A while back an XBLA release was planned for an early 2011
release, which came and went.

Aside from the exciting news the game is scheduled for a spring 2011 release =P, the developers and marketers have not released much information on it. If you could exploit your friend, I'd still love to know more information on the game. I understand devs/marketing may have a plan when to release information, but the silence on the project gives the XBLA game this canceled vibe.

If the game is still in play, is there a planned release window?

How about its multiplayer options? Would its online component be able
to play alongside a Windows Mobile device with the game? Does it
support offline play with one and/or multiple controllers? Does the
game allow for online-to-offline asynchronous play (one player makes
moves then sends the game data to the next until they take their turn
and so forth)? How will it handle dropped/disconnected players?

Features are another aspect to look forward to for the XBLA edition.
Would it have things not found in the mobile version (aside from
improved resolution)? Are there any new additions which the original
board game doesn't have that the XBLA version will have (new tiles)?

Is there any information on how the XBLA edition would handle the
expansions? Would the pricing reflect the multiple expansions (low
initial cost of 400MSP and 160MSP per expansion or 1200MSP for the
base game with free expansions when they get released)? How would
matchmaking be with the addition of expansions (downloaded to players
which do not have them, like Uno and Peggle ... or filters in place on
the lobby allowing/disallowing players with/without the expansions)?

I was hyped about the game when I heard it was planned for XBLA and was disapointed it became a Windows Mobile Phone exclusive. To hear the XBLA version is still in the work is nice, but the lack of information reduces my hype levels immensely, to the point where the game may end out to me as a "meh, will get it when it is on sale."

Edited by Crono-00, 09 November 2011 - 01:19 PM.
still on the iPod, typing before work

#34 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

End chapter one

#35 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

mmm... new thread smell.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Briar36

Briar36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

Is Skulls of the Shogun coming out this year?

#37 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

I Totally spaced on Microsoft's "Fire Pro Wrestling." Either spaced or tried forgetting as best I could. Though I wish they'd just release the goddamn Zombies!! card game on Live already. It either gets cancelled or moves to a different company or just gets no news.

And there's no way I Am Alive is making it this year.

I played Fire Pro Wrestling this year, lots of fun.

#38 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

I think some of it has gone on sale already. Don't worry it'll all go on sale at least 3-6 times before they release it all in one GotY package so you will have PLENTY of opportunities. Did you buy RISK: Factions yet? You'll get your chance to buy it and the Red Dead DLC a few more times soon enough. It always amazes me when people ask about Fallout (and the like) DLCs going on sale. Seriously these DLCs have to be the most common sales they do. If you have the patience there is a 99.9% chance the Fallout NV DLCs will go on sale. Sheesh!

Nope! Sadly I didn't discover this thread until a few weeks ago. Will the sales be posted in here? I'm guessing they will.

Zarski843.jpg

#39 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Thanks as always ReddJoey.
-Michael

Posted Image

#40 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hrm Ive got about 6k MSP burning a hole in my pockets. Does the xbox do a black friday sale on arcade titles, or a christmas sale? Something special aside from the normal dotw.
I was looking to get outland, Ms. Splosion man, braid, and bastion.

#41 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Hrm Ive got about 6k MSP burning a hole in my pockets. Does the xbox do a black friday sale on arcade titles, or a christmas sale? Something special aside from the normal dotw.
I was looking to get outland, Ms. Splosion man, braid, and bastion.

With the FIFA hacks I would hold back on stockpiling points. Second, check out the FAQ posts to see what MS has done for BF, XMAS, and NY. Always a good time for this thread.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#42 Rabidmuskrat

Rabidmuskrat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Just thought I'd post another thanks to reddjoey early in the new thread. This thread is the main thing that keeps me coming back to the CAG forums.

Keep up the good work. :)

#43 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

With the FIFA hacks I would hold back on stockpiling points. Second, check out the FAQ posts to see what MS has done for BF, XMAS, and NY. Always a good time for this thread.

Ah okay thank you. I did see a thread about the fifa hacks.. havent read too much into it though, I dont have fifa so I guess I couldnt be the target of being hacked?

#44 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Ah okay thank you. I did see a thread about the fifa hacks.. havent read too much into it though, I dont have fifa so I guess I couldnt be the target of being hacked?

It seems if you have an EA account and used the same PW for both you're gonna get hacked. Or have a really easy PW to break

#45 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

cool, new thread. Picked up Scott Pilgrim last night, thanks reddjoey for keeping this updated.
502070.png

#46 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

I get the impression that this fortnight possibly represents a calm before the storm (before Black Friday and Christmas sales), i.e. with only one XBLA game being released each week for this fortnight (especially considering the Burger game is receiving such bad reviews).

In saying that, does anyone know if there are many blockbuster XBLA games coming out over the holidays, i.e. like last year's "Games for the Holidays" promotion (Ilomilo, Raskulls and World of Keflings)?

You were just looking for an excuse to use the word "fortnight", weren't you? :lol:

As of Friday it'll be a fortnight till Black Friday. Save those points folks! Let's hope it's another good one. :D

Edited by Chrono Gear, 09 November 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#47 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Nope! Sadly I didn't discover this thread until a few weeks ago. Will the sales be posted in here? I'm guessing they will.

Yup, they will. When a sale or free game/add on hits the marketplace, someone will post in this thread to let everyone know.

Thanks reddjoey for all your hard work and patience. I frequent this forum multiple times a day to see the deals and if anything new hits the marketplace, not just sales. Again, thank you :applause:

card.png

ibaJdAH0jhAOUN.gif

#48 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Looks like the Simpsons Arcade game is coming to XBLA, as it got re-rated by the Australian Classification Board.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

Looks like the Simpsons Arcade game is coming to XBLA, as it got re-rated by the Australian Classification Board.

I would absolutely love a full-featured XBLA version of that! No idea whether it's as good as I remember (nostalgia goggles are a rough, rough thing) but I loved it as a kid.

#50 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

It appears that the same guys that ported the X-Men Arcade game (Backbone Entertainment) are doing this re-release, so expect online & perhaps some enhanced graphics.

I'll keep an eye out for an official announcement.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Here's the list of games rumored for 2011. $Granted they could be delayed, canceled, etc

Puddle
Voltron: Defender of the Universe
Capsized
Apples to Apples
Fire Pro Wrestling
Haunt
Sine Mora
Trine 2
Vessel
Defenders of Ardania
Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons
Diabolical Pitch
Wildlife: Forest Survival
Zombie Driver HD
The Walking Dead
Sonic CD
Angry Birds
Warp
Storm
I Am Alive

I will celebrate a brand new XBL DotW thread by finally being able to change my title along with a recognizable avatar. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into the best thread on CAG, reddjoey.

From that list, only Sonic CD stands out to me. It will take some convincing from price plus CAG recommendations for me to look at the rest. I do welcome someone to introduce and surprise me with awesomeness of an unknown (to me) XBLA title.

The other title which had some interest from me is Fire Pro Wrestling. The use of avatars knocks it down a few pegs, just because it seems oddly different from previous FPW games usage of pixel art characters.

I am still waiting on other XBLA titles like Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Dust: An Elysian Tail, and Zombies!!! Again, please introduce me to more XBLA games cus I don't have much else to look forward to aside from hoping Jet Set Radio gets some port announcement (I can always dream).

It appears that the same guys that ported the X-Men Arcade game (Backbone Entertainment) are doing this re-release, so expect online & perhaps some enhanced graphics.

I'll keep an eye out for an official announcement.

"Enhanced" I am guessing as in some logos on the letterboxing. I know Backbone did redo the art assets to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, which I felt was only so-so and the "option" to use the original pixel art for the characters was done in the usual wrong way Backbone handles emulation graphics. They sometimes allow the player to choose a non-interpreted smoothing like the 2xSai or SuperEagle filters, but they fail to disable hardware filtering of 2D images. That was my primary reason for passing up on old Sega titles on XBLA: Backbone handled the emulaton, and I do not believe in paying for poor/cheap emulation (feels like a cash grab rather than labor of love).

As for Simpsons, I too am cautious. I recognized X-men benefitted from the spectacle of side by side screens with 6 sets of joysticks/buttons; and I was wise (for me) to pass on it. Simpsons arcade was running mostly on franchise rexognition at the time, but there were genuinely amusing references within the game.

Edited by Crono-00, 09 November 2011 - 07:48 PM.
iPod errors

#52 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

It appears that the same guys that ported the X-Men Arcade game (Backbone Entertainment) are doing this re-release, so expect

a shoddy port?

I want the game on XBLA, I would be ecstatic to get the game on XBLA, but I had hoped it would have been handled by someone else.
X-Men Arcade's poor online ruined it for me.

Also, I really appreciate what you do Reddjoey.
Posted Image

#53 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Yea that X-men port was pretty damn lazy, but hype and nostalgia got the best of me on day 1. If this is another bare bones port, I'm waiting for the inevitable sale this time. Something as simple as Final Fight's in game achievement/unlock system goes a long way for these old school quarter stealing beat em ups, otherwise there's not much incentive to play well when you have infinite continues. At least we'll finally have a proper console version after 20 some years though. I remember owning the PC port way back in the day and thinking it was hot shit even though it was a far cry from the arcade.

#54 Stephan123

Stephan123

Happy CAG User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Keep up the good work

#55 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

reddjoey, you make it possible to keep my friends up to date with sale info via MTAMF bursts thru LIVE... keep up the excellent work!

#56 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Great news! Thanks.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#57 Bradisback

Bradisback

Pau hana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Just a heads up to all the CAGs, next week 100 bing points = 100 ms points!!!

#58 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Just a heads up to all the CAGs, next week 100 bing points = 100 ms points!!!

Sweet, I've got about 500 saved up and was about to buy 400 msp. Now I can get 100 more!

#59 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

There is only 1000 thou. I imagine they will be gone in a few minutes on the 14th.
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed

#60 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Freakin right! Now all I need is Megaman X on the xbla and my life will be complete.

There is only 1000 thou. I imagine they will be gone in a few minutes on the 14th.

I've almost got 1700 points ready to go. Gonna be hitting that refresh button every 5 second waiting for that deal to pop up!