Photo
- - - - -

XBLA Sales 2011 - Closed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4421 replies to this topic

#2791 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

As Gabrius said, I would get Bastion today since it's only on sale today while Renegade Ops is on sale till 1/2. Then go get another points card to get Renegade Ops and possibly any of the other daily deals :)

Will you get any gift cards etc for Xmas? You could use those to get more points.
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed

#2792 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

Oh, I knew Bastion was only on sale today, but I thought Renegade Ops and all the others were only on sale today as well. Thanks for the heads up! I'll pick up Bastion now and get more points for the others. Thanks guys!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2793 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Glad I could help ^_^

#2794 themon

themon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

anyone know the full price of sonic cd? running low on pts and only wanna buy it if 400 is a sale price

#2795 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

anyone know the full price of sonic cd? running low on pts and only wanna buy it if 400 is a sale price

400 is the retail price.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2796 Ibramgaunt249

Ibramgaunt249

Cheap ass Viking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Says "Live Event Sold Out" when I try and buy the UFC event so guess all 25k are gone already, lame.

Posted Image

#2797 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

I asked somewhere else, but figured I'd ask here too.

I'm getting a new console for Christmas. Will my purchase carry over to the new console once I do that license transfer thing?

I honestly don't know, but I'd wager it's tied to your gamertag and you could easily switch.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#2798 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

When all those deals went live last night, I thought for sure that MS would say they accidentally flipped the switch on the 12 days of deals early and most of those things would go back up to full price today.

So happy to see there's a holiday sale and 11 more days of deals.

#2799 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

I honestly don't know, but I'd wager it's tied to your gamertag and you could easily switch.

Yes all licences, except rentals, will transfer over to a new console games, god, dlc, videos. (Not sure about Zune content as I have never purchased something from Zune marketplace.) I have done this multiple times over the years because of Red Rings.
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed

#2800 Bercelak

Bercelak

You are welcome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

I wonder what's next...will we find out in few hours like we did for bastion last night?

#2801 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

I wonder what's next...will we find out in few hours like we did for bastion last night?

It's all up to MS (they can drop the prices any time) but my site should find it soon afterwards. Check around 6:30 to 7:00 Pacific.

#2802 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

Grabbed Rock of Ages as well... still debating Bloodrayne and the LA Noire pass. On the former, I'm just intimited by the extremely mixed reviews... on the latter, I haven't even had a chance to play LA Noire yet and am always hesitant to buy DLC for games I have yet to try...
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#2803 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Grabbed Rock of Ages as well... still debating Bloodrayne and the LA Noire pass. On the former, I'm just intimited by the extremely mixed reviews... on the latter, I haven't even had a chance to play LA Noire yet and am always hesitant to buy DLC for games I have yet to try...

I would say only get the LA Noire DLC if you care about achievements. Unless you're using a walkthrough and rushing, the main game will take a good bit of time to complete so, to me, the extra content kind of felt like work. Also, this is already the second time it's been on sale (third if you count the early-adopter discount) so it seems likely to be on sale again if you love the game so much that you need more cases.

#2804 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

I would say only get the LA Noire DLC if you care about achievements. Unless you're using a walkthrough and rushing, the main game will take a good bit of time to complete so, to me, the extra content kind of felt like work. Also, this is already the second time it's been on sale (third if you count the early-adopter discount) so it seems likely to be on sale again if you love the game so much that you need more cases.

Good points all around. I think I'll wait on it... heaven knows my backlog is big enough as is. Thanks for the recommendation.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#2805 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Does the Complete Version have everything that the Season Pass offers? I was thinking of waiting until that version drops in price later on. My backlog is too high right now.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#2806 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

Does the Complete Version have everything that the Season Pass offers? I was thinking of waiting until that version drops in price later on. My backlog is too high right now.

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

#2807 Numidian

Numidian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

Isn't the Rockstar Pass missing "The Consul's Car" case? The Complete Version is the way to go for a completionist.

#2808 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

Isn't the Rockstar Pass missing "The Consul's Car" case? The Complete Version is the way to go for a completionist.

Is it definitely included in the 360 version? I can't find confirmation of that and they didn't add new achievements.

#2809 Mr. Sax Appeal

Mr. Sax Appeal

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

Personally I thought that cases included in the Rockstar pass were better than most of the cases included in the main game, it's an absolute steal at that price.

I picked up Bastion and Rock of Ages. I'll almost definitely get ITSP, and I'm considering Renegade Ops and Bloodrayne, but I'm waiting for more daily deals.

#2810 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

I'm thinking about grabbing Portal: Still Alive. Worth it, or should I get Portal 2 on the cheap?
Posted Image

#2811 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

I'm thinking about grabbing Portal: Still Alive. Worth it, or should I get Portal 2 on the cheap?

If you've never played Portal, I think it's worth it.

#2812 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

Is it definitely included in the 360 version? I can't find confirmation of that and they didn't add new achievements.

Yup. And there aren't any achievements associated with it, just like there aren't any trophies with it.

#2813 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

I watched plenty of video on Rock of Ages and loved it, but I just got around to playing the demo and I felt a bit underwhelmed.

What gives? I was so set on buying it, now I'm unsure.

#2814 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Bloodrayne Betrayal's demo was horrible. Just an awful attempt at stylish tough action. Dishwasher beats it in just about every respect. What a disappointment.

Renegade Ops is also decent as a demo but it never gets better. It's just the same boring back and forth objectives with lousy vehicle handling all game. In co-op it might be a little fun but it's not a good game by itself.

Afterburner Climax is good fun though, if you like something light and wow and not that deep

#2815 LordPerrin

LordPerrin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

If you've never played Portal 1 in any form, absolutely get Still Alive. DO NOT play Portal 2 without having played the first, it won't have nearly the same impact.

#2816 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

Unless I'm blind, is the 12 days of sales not being advertised anywhere on the dash?

seanr1221.png

#2817 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

Unless I'm blind, is the 12 days of sales not being advertised anywhere on the dash?

you're blind.
its at the very center of the games tab

#2818 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

Weird, on my dash, I get...

Battlefield -> LA Noire -> Alice -> Batman skins -> Kinect Sports 2.

No mention of the sales.

seanr1221.png

#2819 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

I just wanted to stop in after my 12 hour work day to say...

BASTION. Fuck YEAH.

Killer opening to a great sale. Totally considering ITSP and Rock of Ages as well. I'm going to try the demo for Renegade Ops.

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#2820 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

Is the Rockstar pass a today only deal or is it going during the entire christmas sale?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png