XBLA Sales 2011 - Closed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4421 replies to this topic

#2821 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

Bastion was pretty good but bored me. Still, it's much more a real game than an indie game so I begrudge nobody who buys it.

Just a question, in Rock of Ages, are you actually able to build real defense? Because it sure seemed like in the demo nothing you could build would actually annoy the rock at all. The whole game just seemed like a rock rolling race to hit the enemy door three times.

#2822 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

Weird, on my dash, I get...

Battlefield -> LA Noire -> Alice -> Batman skins -> Kinect Sports 2.

No mention of the sales.

Yeah, same here. Good thing I'm boring and check this thread/xbox.com way too often

#2823 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

I picked up Rock of Ages.

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#2824 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

Bastion for 600? Hell yes! I'm happy with it. Is the dlc worth picking up?

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#2825 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

Bastion was pretty good but bored me. Still, it's much more a real game than an indie game so I begrudge nobody who buys it.

Just a question, in Rock of Ages, are you actually able to build real defense? Because it sure seemed like in the demo nothing you could build would actually annoy the rock at all. The whole game just seemed like a rock rolling race to hit the enemy door three times.

It seems like no matter what, 3 times is the sweet spot to knock the door down. Im not sure Ive seen how much a decimated rock can keep it to less than 3.

Maybe you can destroy the rock completely and that keeps it to 4 turns

#2826 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

Bastion for 600? Hell yes! I'm happy with it. Is the dlc worth picking up?

Might as well pick it up for 80 points

#2827 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:01 AM

Apparently they are gonna release more free UFC PPVs. Follow these guys on Twitter for more info.

http://twitter.com/#!/UFConXboxLIVE

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#2828 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:10 AM

Really wanna see some sales on any of the following, hopefully some of them with that sweet 400 price point.

Aqua, DeathSpanks, Metal Slug XX, Shank, Skydrift, Tecmo Bowl

#2829 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

Bastion is a tough one for me. I know Steam is gonna have this for $5 sooner rather than later. Also isn't the DLC on the PC free? I have a ton of MS points from sales and such so that's not the issue but should I pay the premium to play on Xbox on my 50 inch. anybody that has played it on both the PC and the 360 that can comment?
Posted Image

#2830 Bercelak

Bercelak

You are welcome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:17 AM

Really wanna see some sales on any of the following, hopefully some of them with that sweet 400 price point.

Aqua, DeathSpanks, Metal Slug XX, Shank, Skydrift, Tecmo Bowl

Would be in for Metal Slug XX and Tecmo Bowl! Haven't seen them on sale before..

looks like 2 kinect arcade games are discounted!!

Hole in the Wall and Leedmees

for 400 points

Edited by Bercelak, 21 December 2011 - 02:34 AM.

#2831 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

yeah metal slug xx has never gone on sale

#2832 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

for 400 points

Pass... I don't have a Kinect.

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#2833 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

you're blind.
its at the very center of the games tab

Nothing on my dash, but it's still f-ed a bit b/c of the beta.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#2834 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Looks like Kinect games on sale for day 2. Leadmees and Hole in the Wall showing up so far.
http://xbldb.com/off...price-decreases

edit: looks like I got scooped and didn't notice :P

#2835 vamn

vamn

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

Would be in for Metal Slug XX and Tecmo Bowl! Haven't seen them on sale before..

looks like 2 kinect arcade games are discounted!!

for 400 points

From the screenshots, Leedmees looks fun(-ish)... And now my dilemma: I don't own a Kinect. I might eventually. So, do I buy it just in case? Or do I hope it goes on sale again by the the time I get one?

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#2836 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:40 AM

Kinect arcade games? Pass.. don't even have a kinect. Are they also do avatar reward and zune movies at discounts like they did last year?

#2837 Bercelak

Bercelak

You are welcome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:40 AM

From the screenshots, Leedmees looks fun(-ish)... And now my dilemma: I don't own a Kinect. I might eventually. So, do I buy it just in case? Or do I hope it goes on sale again by the the time I get one?

Well I heard controls for leedmees was AWFUL. Something about kinect movements crapping out in the game..Not sure if that has been fixed in an update or not.

#2838 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

Think I'll pass hole in the wall sounded like a good game but I didn't care for the trial that much if I do purchase it will be a last minute decision. Unless leedmees changed since its release I wouldn't get it if it were 200 points the trial just frustrated me.

#2839 icp_00_111

icp_00_111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:48 AM

Kinect arcade games? Pass.. don't even have a kinect. Are they also do avatar reward and zune movies at discounts like they did last year?

Yeah, you should see something on the dash near the ad for the holiday sales that shows zune and avatar stuff in their own box.

#2840 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

And let the groaning begin.

#2841 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:54 AM

I did not enjoy the demo for HITW. You have a wall moving at you - just as in the show, and you know if you have the correct pose by your outline on the wall being red or green. It seemed to me that I needed to follow whatever made the outline green rather than match the shape of the hole.

Don't know anything about Leedmees, so I decided to download the demo. Just as I clicked "Try the Demo" on the left next to the Main game description, my screen moved a bit due to some add being loaded, so I actually clicked "Buy Now" and thinking I had the trial selected, I confirmed my purchase.

Oh well. IGN gave it a 7, but even if it is the worst game ever, it's mine now and no-one can take that away from me (LOL). If I get the chance, I will try and give it a play tonight or tomorrow afternoon and post comments.

#2842 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

Good idea! Kinect deals are lame! And this one doesn't even include Fruit Ninja, which is definitely gonna be on sale at some point and take up another day of our precious daily deals. GROAN!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#2843 Bercelak

Bercelak

You are welcome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

At least if it is 2nd day sale...it shows 2 games instead of one..that's good..hopefully other day sale show more games than just one!

#2844 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:03 AM

I'm a Kinect fan, but neither leedmees or hole in the wall excite. I played the demo for HitW and it was the most awful POC I played all year. Saving my points for the rest of the week!

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#2845 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

IGN gave it a 7

Oh, man. That pretty much equals a 3 on a true 1-10 scale.

#2846 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:07 AM

I will only groan if there's no Half Minute Hero sale. That and Bastion were my two big wants.

#2847 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

I own a kinect and won't even bother to download the demos. Big NO from me.

#2848 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:17 AM

i got my 360 last christmas so i'm new to these end of the year deals on xbla

are these daily deals typically for recent releases or do they have sales on games that are older too? i would like a half off deal on older games like castle crashers and rez hd

#2849 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

i got my 360 last christmas so i'm new to these end of the year deals on xbla

are these daily deals typically for recent releases or do they have sales on games that are older too? i would like a half off deal on older games like castle crashers and rez hd

If you feel like looking back, there's been a couple links posted for last year's sales. I believe they did contain some older games.

#2850 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

Bastion is a tough one for me. I know Steam is gonna have this for $5 sooner rather than later. Also isn't the DLC on the PC free? I have a ton of MS points from sales and such so that's not the issue but should I pay the premium to play on Xbox on my 50 inch. anybody that has played it on both the PC and the 360 that can comment?

Yep, it has been $5 on Steam already and I assume it will be again during the holiday sale.

It is a good game on either platform. Get it for whatever you would prefer to game on the most. Yes, the PC DLC is free, but it is only $1 on XBLA, so I wouldn't let that sway you too much.