Fight Night Champion Campaign $5 on PSN PS3

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

This is neat. I wanted to play through the "Story" of FNC. For five bucks, I'm in.
(P.S. Sorry Sony, I'll be using your generous movie credit on this instead. I know, I'm a heel :oops:)

ditto
Posted Image

#32 kingsnuff

kingsnuff

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

hmmm wonder if that $5.99 movie credit can be used for this. Redeemed it online yesterday and it added the cash to my wallet didnt seem like i had to use it on a movie rental
121056.png
Preorders: :xb1: Destiny :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 :xb1: The Evil Within :xb1: Farcry 4 :xb1: The Division[/size]

Anyone know a sure-fire way to exploit this? Should I simply make more Kongregate accounts using different emails to get more codes or should I delete and re-download the app as well?

The moment I realized CAG was entirely different monster than it was in 2011

#33 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

hmmm wonder if that $5.99 movie credit can be used for this. Redeemed it online yesterday and it added the cash to my wallet didnt seem like i had to use it on a movie rental

Yes you can use it on anything. Its added to your "wallet". They just suggest you use it on a movie.
Posted Image

#34 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about what you predicted, and I fail to see how what I said was shortsighted compared to your initial points about this being like the iOS business model, which has actually done wonders for the industry, and saved a lot of MMO's in the past two years.

Not wanting to keep this argument going but two quick points about this particular comment.

1) If you were around last gen you know that games were $50 and they tested the waters for $60 with special editions of games like DOOM which were very successful. As a result $60 is the new standard price for games. I can see breaking up lots of games and selling them separately for more money. If they were completely separated games fine but I don't want to buy both to 100% a game.

2) The in-game purchase business model has definitely helped some developers out, but on the other hand a lot of devs receive a ton of flak for making freemium games that essentially follow this model. Being an iPhone dev is no picnic if you are looking to make a living doing so.

#35 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Not wanting to keep this argument going but two quick points about this particular comment.

1) If you were around last gen you know that games were $50 and they tested the waters for $60 with special editions of games like DOOM which were very successful. As a result $60 is the new standard price for games. I can see breaking up lots of games and selling them separately for more money. If they were completely separated games fine but I don't want to buy both to 100% a game.

2) The in-game purchase business model has definitely helped some developers out, but on the other hand a lot of devs receive a ton of flak for making freemium games that essentially follow this model. Being an iPhone dev is no picnic if you are looking to make a living doing so.

1. They went up from last gen because development costs and the overall staff required went up from last gen. Actually, forget last gen, go back a few generations and you didn't have standardized pricing as common as it is now. Chrono Trigger was $80 ($113 today adjusted for inflation), alongside many other RPG's at that same price, while you had other game prices all over the place and well above $50 in many instances.

I don't see what the big deal is about one standard $10 hike in almost three decades that I've been around and supporting the industry. Other forms of entertainment have suffered from far worse inflation, such as movies to pick an easy example. To me, it's better now than it was before, as I couldn't get a game like Chrono Trigger to own back then because it was too expensive.

2. Devs and publishers receive flak no matter what game they make, or what approach they take. A slight increase in dissatisfied customers for a large gain of potential new ones is worth the uproar, especially if you had an expensive project with expensive upkeep like an MMO. This is why The Old Republic looks to be the last major subscription-based (without a free option) MMO.

#36 Video-Gamer

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

I am in a hurry right now but is this Champion Mode is an actual game that I can play once I download it for $4.99 on PSN or is it an add on?
Appreciate any responses in advance.

#37 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

It's the story mode of Fight Night Champions.

#38 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

1. They went up from last gen because development costs and the overall staff required went up from last gen. Actually, forget last gen, go back a few generations and you didn't have standardized pricing as common as it is now. Chrono Trigger was $80 ($113 today adjusted for inflation), alongside many other RPG's at that same price, while you had other game prices all over the place and well above $50 in many instances.

I don't see what the big deal is about one standard $10 hike in almost three decades that I've been around and supporting the industry. Other forms of entertainment have suffered from far worse inflation, such as movies to pick an easy example. To me, it's better now than it was before, as I couldn't get a game like Chrono Trigger to own back then because it was too expensive.

Very true. Prices were all over the place years ago. Remember when Phantasy Star was like $100?

Still. By the PS1 era things had pretty much settled into a standard pricing model and going forward it seems to be creeping up from that point.

I also agree that it is better now than it was before. The internet has done wonders for the gamer looking to find a game on the cheap.

However, digital pricing means the prices are controlled completely on the other end so price hikes can be scary as they can get out of control fast. Remember the Horse Armor for Oblivion? That's a great example of "let's see if we can charge them a ridiculous amount for a digital item". Of course then there's the avatar shop on 360...

#39 gravel

gravel

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

I am in a hurry right now but is this Champion Mode is an actual game that I can play once I download it for $4.99 on PSN or is it an add on?
Appreciate any responses in advance.

You don't need any other game or download to play it. I think I'm in for this, I like the concept. As others have said, I wouldn't be playing this online, so even if I buy the pieces I want, it would save me money.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#40 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

I'm still confused on this.
wasn't there a "fight now" piece you can buy for just 2player vs? and it has create a boxer or whatever?
also can you use the face button to throw punches or only thumb sticks?
is this account locked?

#41 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

Damn <_<, i nearly XMB'd out of Skyrim thinking this was a price error or something when i saw the title.

I guess its a pretty cool deal, but i hate this sort of thing
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

I lost that fight about 30 times before finally saying Fuck it and changing the sliders around, and then I lost about 10 more times before I finally won.

oddly I didn't have too much trouble with him. I think I lost like six times before I beat him.

#43 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

can't you use save game from Disc version.
Posted Image
Posted Image