Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (PS3) $54.99 Amazon

They also that cut their estimation of copies sold from 2.5 million to 2. Hope that's not because they think it's lacking in gameplay and other areas.

Always the chance they will add a credit before 3/20, you can always cancel. Great way to get in on the lower price if you are at all interested, preorders are free :)

[quote name='ijustw1n']They also that cut their estimation of copies sold from 2.5 million to 2. Hope that's not because they think it's lacking in gameplay and other areas.[/QUOTE]
They also might of realized that this is essentially a Left 4 Dead like game and well unless Japan eats it up, it might have to be really good. I mean I am all for it if it turns out really great because I love Resident Evil, it's just with Left 4 Dead on the table, team based zombie shooters have to do a lot to impress me.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Always the chance they will add a credit before 3/20, you can always cancel. Great way to get in on the lower price if you are at all interested, preorders are free :)[/QUOTE]true, but most of the time it's difficult for me to get a better deal on AMZ for new release games vs BB b/c they drop to $40 so fast. If they offer 25%-30% off day 1 I'm in.

sorry OP. i heard Crapcom is making this game.

so ill wait for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Gold Edition.

[quote name='zanbeak']sorry OP. i heard Crapcom is making this game.

so ill wait for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Gold Edition. [/QUOTE]LOL:rofl: so true but I'll still buy day 1(for the right price+credit) b/c I know I can get good TIV later. If it comes out as fast as the LA Noire complete edition damn.#-oNow, if they try and go the SFIV route :shame: & go full fledge money grab people who hold their ground:nottalking: & not buy it will be right. So we'll see.

lol crapcom... Good deal though
sorry OP. i heard Crapcom is making this game.
random.gif

this is CAG so ill rank the top 3 Milkers :

1. Capcom (history of milking, milked 3 versions of the same game SF4, just loves to sell overpriced costumes, milked RE5, milked DR2,etc)
2. Activision (experts at hype and advertising, they manage to sell millions of a copy paste game called COD with very minor annual improvements, basically they turned COD into an EA sports game)
3. Electronic Arts (their bread and butter is milking cloned sports games annually. they also pioneered online passes and other methods to force buying new)

[quote name='ijustw1n']Hope that's not because they think it's lacking in gameplay and other areas.[/QUOTE]
REs since 4 have ALWAYS been lacking in gameplay =\

Developed by "Slant Six Games" who made the *horrible* "SOCOM: Confrontation" for the PS3. (I sold my copy, it was dreadful.) And now they're making this multiplayer game. Warning sirens, yo.

It looks likes this game is deviating too far from the traditional RE formula and more into shoot-em-up territory. The thing I liked about earlier RE games (even RE4) is that they weren't extremely fast paced, you got to explore quite a bit, and solve puzzles. I enjoyed RE5... but something about it just wasn't right. It didn't pull me in like the previous games did. I think I completely played through RE4 6-7 times, and I NEVER play a game multiple times so that's saying something. I played through RE5 1 time in comparison.

[quote name='zanbeak']this is CAG so ill rank the top 3 Milkers :

1. Capcom (history of milking, milked 3 versions of the same game SF4, just loves to sell overpriced costumes, milked RE5, milked DR2,etc)
2. Activision (experts at hype and advertising, they manage to sell millions of a copy paste game called COD with very minor annual improvements, basically they turned COD into an EA sports game)
3. Electronic Arts (their bread and butter is milking cloned sports games annually. :booty:they also pioneered online passes and other methods to force buying new)[/QUOTE]

You forgot 2 more:

Ubisoft: they have stated that assassins creed will be their cod and will be an annual release. While I love the series I'm nervous about its future. After the demand story is completed. Heck they already announced one for 2012 eventhough revelations isn't even out yet ! Oh and don't forget their usual petz and imagine shovelware they continue to crap out year in and year out.

Nintendo: now I will get some flack for this but does Mario have to be in every game they make ? Baseball, basketball, soccer etc. Now the traditional Mario games lime the soon to be released Mario 3d I still like but that's it. Oh and as much as I love kirby he seems to be their ginnypig for trying out new ideas. Kirbys epic yarn ? It was going to be a completly differint character and name but they just slapped his name on it instead than we have kirbys canvas curse, squeak squad among others. They just abuse this poor little guy. Oh and they should make some new tonic ips already as they have the talent to do it

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have Leon killed in the game to see what happens with the story. Oh and for all those times he said "ohhhh nooooooooo" when the presidents daughter died in re 4

[quote name='strait edge follower']You forgot 2 more:

Activision: they have stated that assassins creed will be their cod and will be an annual release. While I love the series I'm nervous about its future. After the demand story is completed. Heck they already announced one for 2012 eventhough revelations isn't even out yet ! Oh and don't forget their usual petz and imagine shovelware they continue to crap out year in and year out.
[/QUOTE]
Think you meant "UBISOFT".

It was already talked about how Ubisoft had originally said Assassin's Creed was supposed to be a Trilogy ending in Brotherhood (part 3).

But instead they released Revelations (part 4) the year after, and went back to their original statement saying that the trilogy was really basically AC:2, AC:B, and AC:R, basically saying that there are really going to be 2 trilogies in the series.

So you'll likely see 2 more AC games in 2012 and 2013 to complete the "OTHER" trilogy aka AC:1, and the others yet to be named AC:2012 and AC:2013. Basically 6 games for 2 trilogies (if not more down the road - which is more likely of course).

=================

Speaking of milking franchises to death, don't forget:

KOEI - Dynasty Warriors anyone? No? How about Dynasty Warriors Xtreme? No? Dyansty Warriors Gundam? Still no? Fine, then Samurai Warriors it is!

BANDAI - Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkechi Terriyaki and Naruto Shippuden Sashimi! All we need now is 2 more popular anime fighting game to make some Yaki Soba & Saki.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jcaugustine']Think you meant "Ubisoft".

It was already talked about how Ubisoft had originally said Assassin's Creed was supposed to be a Trilogy ending in Brotherhood.

But instead they released Revelations (part 4) and went back to their original statement saying that the trilogy was really basically AC:2, AC:B, and AC:R, basically saying that there are going to be 2 trilogies in the series.

So you'll likely see 2 more AC games in 2012 and 2013 to complete the "OTHER" trilogy aka AC:1, and the others yet to be named AC:2012 and AC:2013. Basically 6 games for 2 trilogies (if not more down the road).[/QUOTE]

I typed activision cause I was watching a cod tv ad while I was making my post. As for assassins creed my thing is what's going to happen after these two trilogy's are over ? By the way they are sounding like they want to drag this on as much as possible which would upset me as they have crafted such an amazing ip and I don't want it to become stale :(

Oh and koei should be number one on your list. Every game they make is basically dynasty warriors lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']I typed activision cause I was watching a cod tv ad while I was making my post. As for assassins creed my thing is what's going to happen after these two trilogy's are over ? By the way they are sounding like they want to drag this on as much as possible which would upset me as they have crafted such an amazing ip and I don't want it to become stale :([/QUOTE]
A 3rd trilogy of course!

- Assassin's Creed 7: Modern Warfare Warriors

- Assassin's Creed 8: Black Ops

- Super Assassin's Creed 9: Ultimate Hyper Championship Arcade Gold Edition

bread's done
Back