CAGcast #260: We're Too Classy To Call This Episode Skyrimjobs

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shipwreck plays a lot of Skyrim, Wombat stops telling jokes, and CheapyD is in demand.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]169[/podcast]
Download - 83 minutes, 50MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro: I am Humanoid by Tony Fox NYC - Outro: Skyrim by Harry Partridge

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would lookup my old girlfriends, if I knew any of their last names.

Oh damn Cheapy. You showed that girl who's the biggest pimp now! No need for sadness.

No worries Wombat. I like you.

Just a quick explanation of the NeoGAF and UC3 aiming situation. Arne is the main PR guy for Naughty Dog and he's a regular on GAF so when he saw the huge thread of complaints, he decided to invite some guys over to do a play test of the game and tell them what's wrong with it. They took feedback from them and will use it to fix any issues that is in the SP mode. The reason why NeoGAF got the invite was because the guys there posted very detailed explanations and videos of the problems they're having. It's cool that they listened.

To all the haters last episode, I am a fan of Wombat. I also think adding Shipwreck really helps the show, but I think the chemistry between the group works.

Wombat has the balls to try a lot of jokes, even though he knows they won't all hit. Frequently enough, they really are funny.

Keep the Wombat!

Also, Shipwreck, how can you now name your Skyrim character Shore Leave?

[quote name='gorgo']To all the haters last episode, I am a fan of Wombat. I also think adding Shipwreck really helps the show, but I think the chemistry between the group works.

Wombat has the balls to try a lot of jokes, even though he knows they won't all hit. Frequently enough, they really are funny.

Keep the Wombat!

Totally agree with these statements, the show is great the way it is, look forward to listening every week.

Cheapy: no more gloating, it makes you look stupid and pathetic
Wombat: increase the comedy
Ship: decrease the comedy

Downloading the show now. I would like to go on record and say that every show is entertaining. Bad jokes, good jokes, poop stories and excel spreadsheets... I love it all. Keep up the good work fellas.

[quote name='Curufinwe']I don't understand by the big WoW player Wombat talked to would want to buy an Xbox 360 for Skyrim when he probably already has a PC that could play it.

Perhaps Wombat could send him this link and save him $200.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850[/QUOTE]

He has a Mac and he is not very tech savvy.

[quote name='Curufinwe']I don't understand by the big WoW player Wombat talked to would want to buy an Xbox 360 for Skyrim when he probably already has a PC that could play it.

Perhaps Wombat could send him this link and save him $200.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850[/QUOTE] Are you kidding? WoW requirements are pretty low. It's a 7-year old game. The recommended requirements for Skyrim PC are kind of beefy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyrim#Development

I see no problem with Shipwreck as a character name in Skyrim. That's a term that would exist in a sword & sorcery world.

Oh, well that makes sense then. Honestly, it never occurred to me that a big WoW player would be playing it on a Mac, but there's probably hundreds of thousands of them out there.

That makes me wonder, are you guys going to play Diablo 3 on your Macs or just wait for the rumored console version?

Wombat - haters gonna hate. Don't listen to them. This is the podcast I look forward to the most each week.

I just got to the Skyrim section and after listening to Shipwreck I really don't know what I'm going to do. I'm about 20% into Batman, Gears 3 is still shrinkwrapped and I don't even play Call of Duty or Battlefield or any of those games. Zelda is coming and Skyrim sounds massive. Ugh.

Been listening for a few years and it sucks the Wombat jokes were gone for most of the episode he adds most of the humor, comedy is subjective but I sure laugh a lot. Cheapy has some great stories, but mostly acts as a host to keep things rolling etc. which is a good thing. Shipwreck adds lots of serious, and much needed information, which after a while you kinda forget he wasn't there to start with. Also excellent reviews. How was this a video game podcast before him ? lol. I think if anyone leaves this show, I would be done with it. I hope to listen until you give it up or run it into the ground. =D By the way, why must we talk about this every month because some idiot didn't like a joke. You are all great in your own ways. Damn it lets move on already, Kazoo!

Wombat don't change man hater's gonna hate. Your funny enough for me as are the rest of you that is why I listen every week. also to note it is a video game podcast not a comedy podcast. You guys are great keep up the great podcast. So many good game this season which ones are you most excited for or like the most out of the ones that you have played. Battlefield or modern warfare 3? Skyrim or dark souls? Where should our money go this holiday season? Looking forward to the new starwars MMO any thoughts?

Just wanted to say that te CAGcast wouldn't be the same without the wits of wombat. His jokes are no worse thean Cheapy's. Also Wombat is the one on the CAGcast that has the most understanding of the business and marketing in the game industry, and is allways interresting linstening to when comes with his views on the business!

I agree, Wombat should never give up his comedy.

On the video logging, CheapyD, defnitely make them about nothing. At least you didn't get the Michael Jackson figma. That is creepy.

On my Honeymoon in Monterey, won't listen to this episode until I get home, but feel compelled to add feedback. I like your show exactly how it is. If you guys are really bored with it you should consider making changes, but if it's still fun and you were happy with it before the criticism, who cares?

Ultimately you are making something for the people, but if you hate doing it or don't want to change then what's the point? Thanks for your show!

Just wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze. Honestly, though Wombat is Lou Costello to Cheapy and Ship's Abbott. You have to have a straight man to have someone make that many otherwise bad jokes work and they work well.

I'd like to point out that I like listening to Wombat, Shipwreck, and CheapyD. They are three of my favorite podcast hosts. Wombat is great. At the end of every comment everyone should post...

WOMBAT IS AWESOME!

Re: batman arkham city

Technically cheapy and wombat do have the batman beyond skin.
Wombat I sent you a pm about it, there's still a code waiting for you.
Cheapy I dropped it via im.

Wombat is the only one on the show who can even be classified as funny.

If I had to say, I would guess that:
70% of Wombats jokes work
30% of Cheapys
N/A of Shipwrecks

Also, whenever Cheapy has a shitty opinion, Wombat is usually the first to call it out.

shipwreck loves skyrim. i may have to get this game.
there was a discussion about skylanders and how much money it has generated....shipwreck...its not skyrim...lol.

I never really understood all the hate towards Wombat. I will admit that I don't find most of his jokes funny (nothing personal...I just don't.) But at no point have I ever been annoyed or angry when he makes his jokes. I can see how others would find him funny and I realize he adds levity to the podcast. I don't want a podcast where it's just three guys who take video games way too seriously. I want it to be something where the people are having a good time. So I don't think there's anything wrong with Wombat adding humor to the podcast.

Also...if Wombat haters are so bothered by his jokes, I have a simple suggestion...you could just stop listening to the podcast. Not that hard.

Booo. Worst show yet. Why? Wombat feeling he shouldn't be Wombat. Don't ever change Wombat. Anyone who would write such horrible things, including hoping you should die, are people who can be completely ignored. I doubt I'm the only one to say, "I WANT THE OLD WOMBAT BACK!".

OK, Great podcast, as usual.
I think all of you make a great team. You all have your odd quirks, but that is what makes your personalities, and as long as you all balance out and keep each other in check you guys are awesome.

Wombat: A buddie and I are looking for a cool online driving game on the PC. If you could toss a couple of those Beta Keys our way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Shipwreck: Are we ever going to see any more reviews from Mrs. Shipwreck? Just curious, it's nice to have opinions from different views sometimes.

Cheapy: The story you had about the woman who tracked you down; If she was nice about turning you down for a date, then that is that. But, if she was a real "cee u next tuesday" about it, then I say let loose on her like what is considered "too violent" for a Tarantino movie! (yes, I have issues)

Oh, man. Cheapy's story about that woman gave me flashbacks about all the times I've gotten shot down. I dunno if I'd be flattered or creeped out if a girl that rejected me tried to contact me again. I don't think it would ever happen, but it probably would boost my confidence if it did.

Anyway, I wouldn't take the comments too personally, Wombat. I think most of the angry comments last time were in response to the Buddhism controversy, and religion is a sensitive topic.

I was so sad to hear those hateful comments today. WOmbat, don't ever change man! As far as I'm concerned, YOU make this show!

Love it and keep it up!

Being a paid member of CoD: Elite gives you all the upcoming DLC for free, so the Hardened edition pretty much gives you everything you'll ever need until next year's game comes out.

Cheapy:
"What's that comedy with the carpenter?"
Wombat: "The Bible?"

That..killed me. I couldn't help but laugh out loud on a semi-packed train. It was so unexpected, considering that Wombat was going to be "serious!" I can't believe Cheapy and Ship didn't even chuckle!

Anyways, you are all funny, in your own ways. Cheapy is an amazing storyteller and it's great to hear him when he's being cynical. Wombat is just..Wombat, and Ship is a consistent mix of information and hilariousness.

I also think Wombat really could make Vlogs and start a channel on Youtube. He wouldn't have to start from scratch since he already has a listener base that would subscribe for daily vlogs. His channel would grow, become partner, and he could start making that crazy Youtube moneeeey everyone wants a piece of.

[quote name='Sashka']Cheapy:
"What's that comedy with the carpenter?"
Wombat: "The Bible?"

That..killed me. [/QUOTE]

The best part about this is that the Bible is sort of like a comedy in a classical way.

On the subject of everything else though; I was mentioned twice in this episode, awesome.

I don't understand the Wombat haters, but they're like the Joystiq commenters; they just suck. The Joystiq Podcast (RIP) guys often said that the show is free. You pay nothing for it and choose to listen. That being said, they make the show for free. I don't think Cheapy D would make a podcast with someone who bothered him.

Also, just as a troll, I'll argue that the weakest part of Oblivion was the leveling system because the Oblivion gates were largely optional.

Great show as always.

Great show gentlemen. However, I find it hard to believe that the editor-in-chief of Bullsh!t Quarterly is so thin skinned. Wombat, you of all people know that you don't hate the player, you hate his game!! Brush that dirt off your shoulder and don't shvitz the small stuff.

I think you're great, keep it up . . . That's what she said!!!!

Suck it, Trebek!!!

This was such a great CAGCAST. I love hearing people talk shit about Wombat. Smoke a joint and lighten up ya fat shit.

Wombat, don't let the haters get you down. I've been listening since day 1 and I love Wombat's humor. The show would be boring without him.

bread's done
Back