CAGcast #260: We're Too Classy To Call This Episode Skyrimjobs

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#31 Digital Bees

Digital Bees

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

I never really understood all the hate towards Wombat. I will admit that I don't find most of his jokes funny (nothing personal...I just don't.) But at no point have I ever been annoyed or angry when he makes his jokes. I can see how others would find him funny and I realize he adds levity to the podcast. I don't want a podcast where it's just three guys who take video games way too seriously. I want it to be something where the people are having a good time. So I don't think there's anything wrong with Wombat adding humor to the podcast.

Also...if Wombat haters are so bothered by his jokes, I have a simple suggestion...you could just stop listening to the podcast. Not that hard.

#32 testudo

testudo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Don't bring me down Wombietown!

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#33 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Booo. Worst show yet. Why? Wombat feeling he shouldn't be Wombat. Don't ever change Wombat. Anyone who would write such horrible things, including hoping you should die, are people who can be completely ignored. I doubt I'm the only one to say, "I WANT THE OLD WOMBAT BACK!".

#34 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

OK, Great podcast, as usual.
I think all of you make a great team. You all have your odd quirks, but that is what makes your personalities, and as long as you all balance out and keep each other in check you guys are awesome.

Wombat: A buddie and I are looking for a cool online driving game on the PC. If you could toss a couple of those Beta Keys our way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Shipwreck: Are we ever going to see any more reviews from Mrs. Shipwreck? Just curious, it's nice to have opinions from different views sometimes.

Cheapy: The story you had about the woman who tracked you down; If she was nice about turning you down for a date, then that is that. But, if she was a real "cee u next tuesday" about it, then I say let loose on her like what is considered "too violent" for a Tarantino movie! (yes, I have issues)

Edited by WonkyToad, 10 November 2011 - 08:04 PM.
Addition

Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Oh, man. Cheapy's story about that woman gave me flashbacks about all the times I've gotten shot down. I dunno if I'd be flattered or creeped out if a girl that rejected me tried to contact me again. I don't think it would ever happen, but it probably would boost my confidence if it did.

Anyway, I wouldn't take the comments too personally, Wombat. I think most of the angry comments last time were in response to the Buddhism controversy, and religion is a sensitive topic.

#36 necrojustice

necrojustice

is fighting Tyson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

You're the man Wombat!

#37 CaptNink

CaptNink

Building consensus.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

I was so sad to hear those hateful comments today. WOmbat, don't ever change man! As far as I'm concerned, YOU make this show!

Love it and keep it up!
Posted Image]

#38 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

You're the best Wombat. Shaq Fu the haters.

#39 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Being a paid member of CoD: Elite gives you all the upcoming DLC for free, so the Hardened edition pretty much gives you everything you'll ever need until next year's game comes out.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#40 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

Cheapy:
"What's that comedy with the carpenter?"
Wombat: "The Bible?"

That..killed me. I couldn't help but laugh out loud on a semi-packed train. It was so unexpected, considering that Wombat was going to be "serious!" I can't believe Cheapy and Ship didn't even chuckle!

Anyways, you are all funny, in your own ways. Cheapy is an amazing storyteller and it's great to hear him when he's being cynical. Wombat is just..Wombat, and Ship is a consistent mix of information and hilariousness.

I also think Wombat really could make Vlogs and start a channel on Youtube. He wouldn't have to start from scratch since he already has a listener base that would subscribe for daily vlogs. His channel would grow, become partner, and he could start making that crazy Youtube moneeeey everyone wants a piece of.

#41 Zacmanman

Zacmanman

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Cheapy:
"What's that comedy with the carpenter?"
Wombat: "The Bible?"

That..killed me.

The best part about this is that the Bible is sort of like a comedy in a classical way.

On the subject of everything else though; I was mentioned twice in this episode, awesome.

I don't understand the Wombat haters, but they're like the Joystiq commenters; they just suck. The Joystiq Podcast (RIP) guys often said that the show is free. You pay nothing for it and choose to listen. That being said, they make the show for free. I don't think Cheapy D would make a podcast with someone who bothered him.

Also, just as a troll, I'll argue that the weakest part of Oblivion was the leveling system because the Oblivion gates were largely optional.

Great show as always.
Posted Image

#42 teknomusik

teknomusik

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Wombat, I'm definitely interested in Auto Club Revolution... I'll take one of the keys if you still have any left!

#43 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

Great show gentlemen. However, I find it hard to believe that the editor-in-chief of Bullsh!t Quarterly is so thin skinned. Wombat, you of all people know that you don't hate the player, you hate his game!! Brush that dirt off your shoulder and don't shvitz the small stuff.

I think you're great, keep it up . . . That's what she said!!!!

Suck it, Trebek!!!

#44 MikeFightNight

MikeFightNight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

I want the old Wombat back as do most people I see commenting here. Keep the podcast funny Wombat, like you use too!

#45 Cold Venom

Cold Venom

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

I love what Wombat brings to the show. Sure his jokes are terrible, but they are vital to the dynamic.

#46 blacksanta87

blacksanta87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

This was such a great CAGCAST. I love hearing people talk shit about Wombat. Smoke a joint and lighten up ya fat shit.
Pigtails are for face Fucking.

#47 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

Anyone who hates on Wombat should get raped by a horse. End of story.

#48 ZombieHendrix

ZombieHendrix

Sorry, I lurk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

Any of those Auto Club Revolution beta keys left? Love ya, Wombat.
Posted Image

#49 ryogahibiki

ryogahibiki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

Wombat, don't let the haters get you down. I've been listening since day 1 and I love Wombat's humor. The show would be boring without him.

#50 Excast

Excast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

Someone should forward Cheapy's former crush the audio of him describing his battle with his own feces. I think that might take his sex appeal down a few notches.

#51 bitterWolf

bitterWolf

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Wombat is great! I enjoyed the show when it was just him and Cheapy, and I like it now with the Ship on there, too.

To all the haters I say "Where the hell is YOUR podcast Smarty McPants?"

#52 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

I still hate you Wombat.

#integrity
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#53 ILikePopCans

ILikePopCans

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Not to be a complainer, but the worst thing about every cagcast is Wombat saying "bread done" at the end of every cagcast. I really wish he would stop saying those words, it is kind of super annoying. Otherwise great cast.

#54 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

For an episode that was supposed to be stripped of humor, Wombat was funny just by attempting to subdue himself. Listen again - he really couldn't (and didn't) do it.

Ship had some good zingers, too. Not sure how everyone misses his humor, but it's there.

Which got me wondering - I did a listen back to Episode 1 today because I've never heard the question answered: how did you guys first meet and then get together? We need an Episode 0.

As for Skyrim, I have deliberately kept myself from playing anything this past week that might involve me getting 20% or 50% into the game, only to have to stop it once Tamriel came a'callin'. Will be well rewarded tonight for the midnight launch - pretty much the only time I'll say "thank you" to Best Buy these days.

#55 sthenic

sthenic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

I want to have wombats babies

#56 Iron Past

Iron Past

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Download link is jacked? Or is it just me?

#57 geezer_man

geezer_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

add me to the list...Wombatski BETTER stay! his smirky/snarky voice makes the whole
cast worth listening to!
...hasn't killed me yet

Posted Image

#58 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:35 AM

Really, guys? Call of Duty can come out with a new game every year but Assassin's Creed can't? You even make excuses for why some people may think CoD comes out too often by saying that "it gets old faster because there are so many bad copies" and yet, Assassin's Creed is not much like anything else out there(save for the platforming parts) but it coming out once a year is way too soon? In my opinion, as long as studios can pump out quality titles year after year then I have no problem with a franchise becoming an annual series. It's like those arguments where people say "The last/first game was so good, I don't want/need a sequel" and then they act all butt hurt about it. Seriously? If I find something really good, I want as much of it as possible. But hey, what do I know? I'm not a subscriber of Bullshit Quarterly, after all. :lol:

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#59 Pascual

Pascual

Cheap Arse Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

I for one love the Wombat and would seriously harm myself if he stopped appearing on the podcast. I wouldn't hurt my ears or anything because I still need to listen to the podcast.

#60 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

Hey Wombat,

May I have an invite for Auto Club Revolution?

I'm a big racing fan! I even have a logitech g27 racing wheel. I play gt5, rfactor, test drive unlimited, burnout paradise and more. Auto Club sounds groundbreaking and I would love to take her for a spin. See, I can make bad puns too :)

Thanks for another great show, guys.