God of War:Ascension Out Now

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
PS3 confirmed so far but some love vita maybe...? UC is already on vita, Resistance is coming probably KZ too. LBP, Modnation Racer, MGS(coll ok) so good chance that Kratos will also grace the vita with his presense...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-unveils-new-god-of-war-game-6372278

:bouncy:
the last GOW title on current HD gen, PSvita definitely will see some Kratos considering the current PSP ones sold well(GH status) & there were 2 different LE PSP's with it. Wonder when we'll see a LE Kratos Vita.

http://www.gamesradar.com/god-war-4-announcement-likely-coming-april-19/

Pre-orders for GOW IV?
http://www.gamespot.com/news/god-of-war-iv-preorders-begin-retail-radar-6351006

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212160p1.html

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1211126p1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this earlier today. As a guy who loves God of War, I cant wait. Although maybe I can since I still havent gotten to the two collections and finished the plat for #3. I keep getting distracted with quick PSN games.

Every time I hear anything about a new God of War, some sad little part of my brain starts hoping for a game based on the "Fate of the Titan" video from the first game.

I think we're going to see a transition from Greek mythology to Roman mythology. Sure they're similar but they'll basically have a brand new slate to work with without completely leaving what they already built up.

[quote name='Vinny']I think we're going to see a transition from Greek mythology to Roman mythology. Sure they're similar but they'll basically have a brand new slate to work with without completely leaving what they already built up.[/QUOTE]

Kratos vs Odin. Make it happen.

[quote name='Jodou']I hope not. Not interested in another GoW; three was enough.[/QUOTE]

im kinda in this crowd.

GoW was great and all, but i really want santa monica to create something different.

[quote name='8bitArtist']im kinda in this crowd.

GoW was great and all, but i really want santa monica to create something different.[/QUOTE]

C'mon man one more!

Edit: they need to move on

[quote name='8bitArtist']im kinda in this crowd.

GoW was great and all, but i really want santa monica to create something different.[/QUOTE]Looking at GOW sales vs Gears if Sony could move units like them I think they would've gotten even larger staff + more support to have already expanded beyond GOW. Gears3 has already outsold GOW3 damn.
Expect PS3 + PSvita GOW then a new IP, the Vita will need all the big guns ASAP to succeed(MGS, Uncharted, LBP, FF, R&C)
http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals...sole=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals...sole=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

I definitely would be down for another God of War. Releasing 2 titles per generation is hardly overexposing the franchise (not including the handheld ports or the remastered editions).

I also would be fine with a new shift of focus, though it also would make sense for them to do that with a release on PS4.

Not terribly interested personally, but good news for the God of War fans. I do hope Santa Monica has a new IP in the works for the next generation. As an aside, did anyone see the promos for 'Wrath of the Titans' yesterday? Wasn't there a lava monster boss in God of War 3 JUST like the one they showed?

[quote name='KrebStar']Every time I hear anything about a new God of War, some sad little part of my brain starts hoping for a game based on the "Fate of the Titan" video from the first game.[/QUOTE]

yeah a present day gow would be cool. i always wished zelda would be set in a techy future.

I have no clue how they're going to do a new one. Krotos' fate was left open but didn't all the gods die? In any case I hope they make new series with a new era of myths. Maybe something Asian would work

I've never seen that "Fate of the Titans" video before... very intriguing, kinda surprised you haven't heard more hoopla about how they never followed up on it.

I was fine with the series ending with GoW3, though with the success of 3 and developers trying to get the most mileage out of their game engines I wouldn't be surprised if another came along.

[quote name='Sk']I have no clue how they're going to do a new one. Krotos' fate was left open but didn't all the gods die? In any case I hope they make new series with a new era of myths. Maybe something Asian would work[/QUOTE]
Asura's Wrath is doing the asian god theme

[quote name='Sk']I have no clue how they're going to do a new one. Krotos' fate was left open but didn't all the gods die? In any case I hope they make new series with a new era of myths. Maybe something Asian would work[/QUOTE]
Nope, Athena is still alive. :D

[quote name='ShadowSx']A God of War vita would be instant buy for me.[/QUOTE]same, hope fully they'll offer a SE vita with a Kratos theme.

[quote name='camoor']Hindus might have a problem with that.[/QUOTE]

LOL hell yeah we "might":lol:

anyway, I LOVED God of war 3, so Im really looking forward to this. Awesome!

[quote name='GBAstar']They need to develop some time of Online play. Open world or Build an arena. Multiple story based characters.... something[/QUOTE]
I'd love an open world game set in any major historical time period that didn't require me to actually progress through a storyline. I just want a historical game where if I want to play the game and 'finish' it I can or I can just putz around doing whatever.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ny-is-teasing-something-about-god-of-war.aspx

Yes, finally!!![/QUOTE]

I'm kinda confused... they're calling it GoW but have no confirmation that it actually is GoW. Granted, it pretty much looks like it'll be GoW.

I'm guessing it's going to be a Vita title, which sucks since I don't plan on getting a Vita for a long time (unless Sony decides to drop it to $150 tomorrow). I'd much rather get another full blown console title... oh well.

I saw that earlier and thought it was an ad for that new clash of the titans movie. LOL.

If its a vita game ill be pissed. Based on the ad i think it would take place after GOW 3 so i think its safe to say it should be a ps3 game.

fuck YES!

I think it will be a ps3 title because of all the little tid bits we have seen over the last few months saying a new god of war game was in the works. I could see a vita title in the future, but not now. I would buy the vita for sure if that happend. Hopefully it comes out this year, already a great year this would make it one of the best ever.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm kinda confused... they're calling it GoW but have no confirmation that it actually is GoW. Granted, it pretty much looks like it'll be GoW.

I'm guessing it's going to be a Vita title, which sucks since I don't plan on getting a Vita for a long time (unless Sony decides to drop it to $150 tomorrow). I'd much rather get another full blown console title... oh well.[/QUOTE]Remember cross play so it could be avail for both PS3/PSV & actually this makes the most sense since I'm sure Sony would like most if not all their heavy hitter system sellers to be cross play so the selections stay strong.

I would to see a LE GOW PSvita bundle that would make me very happy(just add 8GB mem card)

[quote name='wrencrest']Awesome, cant wait for more GOW. The REAL GOW, not that other game people like to call GOW....Gears whatever! lol[/QUOTE]

GOW = God of War
Gears = Gears of War

[quote name='The 7th Number']GOW = God of War
Gears = Gears of War[/QUOTE]there's a large majority that GoW is gears too generally this wouldn't be a problem especially on 360 boards since no one would mistake the two.

[quote name='Enuf']Remember cross play so it could be avail for both PS3/PSV & actually this makes the most sense since I'm sure Sony would like most if not all their heavy hitter system sellers to be cross play so the selections stay strong.

I would to see a LE GOW PSvita bundle that would make me very happy(just add 8GB mem card)[/QUOTE]

As long as it's at least 720p on the PS3, it would be cool in my book.

I was kinda alright with series ending with III. I felt like it had run its course. Also, III didn't enjoy playing it as much as the first two.

There was one thing that nagged me about III, one of the last cut scenes with Zeus telling Gaia that "perhaps you should have chosen the other one", referring to Kratos' brother perhaps.

[quote name='cjacks9']I was kinda alright with series ending with III. I felt like it had run its course. Also, III didn't enjoy playing it as much as the first two.

There was one thing that nagged me about III, one of the last cut scenes with Zeus telling Gaia that "perhaps you should have chosen the other one", referring to Kratos' brother perhaps.[/QUOTE]

That was exactly who he was referring to.

bread's done
Back