• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 middydj

middydj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

Guys,

The Baldur's Gate games are hands down my fave RPG's ever and for those of you planning to pick that up I HIGHLY encourage you to check this link...

http://pc.gamespy.co.../1177710p1.html

It is a story Gamespy ran several months ago about the Big World Project creating what is truly the ultimate mod for these games. It includes widescreen compatibility and, believe it or not, it also adds TONS of new quests and tacks on MANY additional hours. You REALLY want to add this to the games but be sure to read up on everything.

You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the tip.

#32 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Is any B&M stores carrying the classic Anthology? I need to buy this and I would rather pick it up somewhere if I can trade stuff in.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#33 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

Meh. Great deal, but when I read it was classic D&D games, I was expecting Eye of the Beholder or Menzoberanzan or something.
Posted Image

#34 trogoldito

trogoldito

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

Now the irony is, should i pick these up or play Skyrim.

I'm thinking about waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition so I can play all the extra content in one play through.

Meh. Great deal, but when I read it was classic D&D games, I was expecting Eye of the Beholder or Menzoberanzan or something.

Me too. I was especially looking forward to playing Dark Sun again. Since I was never able to beat it.

#35 wastedyears

wastedyears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

AFAIK Wizardry was more or less the inspiration for the very first JRPGs.

Wizardry, Ultima, Might and Magic, The Bard's Tale, etc. All were great series in their time. I think that the Baldurs Gate games are the best that Bioware has ever made.

#36 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

Love these games. Baldurs Gate 2: shadow of amn - Hands down the best RPG ever. possibly a top 5 game of all time. Never Winter Night was also outrageously good.

The original Neverwinter's official campaign sucked beyond all belief. However the expansions that came out were pretty darn good and the user created stuff is AWESOME, mostly if you are an old school pencil and paper player. I loved playing through some of those really good downloadable adventures based off the old school modules like Tomb of the Lizard King.

I've always felt BG2: SoA was the greatest CRPG ever. I can't get enough of it and to this day I have the entire BG series on my computer at home as well as my laptop at work. The best thing about the BG games is the spellcasting. Nothing in any game comes close to the intensity and complexity of wizard battles with contingencies and spell sequencers and everything else.

Planescape: Torment was pretty darn good too however I'm not as high on it as a lot of other people. I give the nod to BG2 but that is just my opinion.

PS...I also still have all the Gold Box games on my comp and laptop too. Thank God for MoSlo.

#37 DonMarco

DonMarco

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

Love these games. Baldurs Gate 2: shadow of amn - Hands down the best RPG ever. possibly a top 5 game of all time. Never Winter Night was also outrageously good.

By the time you play through the games in Classic Anthology (especially Torment) Skyrim should be reaching a reasonable price either as the second-hand market gets tired of it or the GTOY edition will be dropping soon.

I'll definitely be picking up the Classic Anthology, maybe the NWN one later on. I've been dying to put more games on my netbook, and this is perfect. Sucks about the DRM, but I'm sure it'll be cracked or worked around eventually.
Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Posted Image

#38 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

Oh yeah, according to the page, no DRM.

Just a heads up for those interested in the anthology, it's up @ Gamersgate for $20 if you don't mind a digital-only copy, and don't want to wait the 4-7 weeks at Amazon.

http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection

Edited by Meatyflakes, 16 November 2011 - 12:10 AM.
drm

#39 Oxyric

Oxyric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

I preorder both collections at Gamestop. Release date is 11/16/2011

#40 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

Oh god, this is gorgeous.

Ashame I've spent to much money this month on games :/
Oh well, I'm sure they aren't going anywhere.

#41 Dragon138

Dragon138

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

Not a huge NWN fan but Planescape and the Baldurs gate series are hands down the best PC RPG's, brings back the nostalgia of playing these on my old AMD K6-2 333Mhz processor.

#42 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:46 AM

Not a huge NWN fan but Planescape and the Baldurs gate series are hands down the best PC RPG's, brings back the nostalgia of playing these on my old AMD K6-2 333Mhz processor.

Old days?

Try Apple IIC and Space Quest for Old.

Then I got a Packard Bell 25 MHz comp, which originally came w/ 2MB of ram, but I bought 2MB because the Silo salesman (Silo???) said it would make my computer fly. I also bought a single speed external CD ROM the size of a VCR.

Kickin' it old school.

#43 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

Personally I miss the turbo button...magic I tell ya!
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#44 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:57 AM

Call me cheap but I'm waiting for a price drop!

I need a new signature.

#45 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

Planescape Torment had a lot of flaws (like bolts and arrows without a bow or crossbow in the game) but is hands down my favorite rpg story ever.

#46 wastedyears

wastedyears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

This isn't exactly on topic, but does anyone know if the Eye of the Beholder series or Black Crypt are available anywhere? Or updated to run on modern pcs? I looked on gog.com but couldn't find anything.

#47 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Have you seen this: http://www.gamerswit...com/node/108877

#48 wastedyears

wastedyears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

No, I hadn't seen that. I never would have even thought of it! Thanks very much, it looks really cool.

#49 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

This is absolutely awesome. I'll probably buy these when they drop about 25%.

Like Star Wars, it's time to rebuy Baldur's Gate II for the 4th time. Even more excited about the NWN collection.

I just realized after NWN, I'd own about 80% of all Forgotten Realms CRPGs. They should just re-release all the early 90's SSI games in 1-2 additional packs and be done with it.

#50 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

I hope Steam comes out with a digital download version of the NWN pack!
Also hope it is 75% off over the holidays at some point!

#51 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

I want to get this but the CAG in me telling me not to pay MSRP even when its so reasonable =O

#52 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

I want to get this but the CAG in me telling me not to pay MSRP even when its so reasonable =O

Same, especially so close to the holidays. I keep thinking "What is it goes on sale?"

fs_overall.png

#53 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:48 AM

In stock. Very tempting.

Edit: I cracked. I bought it.

Edited by Green Card200, 17 November 2011 - 09:28 PM.