Photo
- - - - -

CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

• Please log in to reply
4457 replies to this topic

#1 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Posted Image

Hello, everyone! This is an idea that was kicked around a bit and it seemed like there was a decent amount of interest in it. So, let's give it a shot.

League Info
Spoiler

Basic Rules
Spoiler

EA League Website
http://www.easports....hise/fId/358674

MyLeagueManager Website (Stats, Power Rankings, Players of the Week, etc.)
http://myleaguemanag...CAGLS JV League

League News

Week 8 Summary

Standings
Posted Image

Power Rankings
1. Green Bay Packers
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Denver Broncos
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New York Giants

Offensive Player of the Week
Adrian Peterson, MIN - 24 att, 363 yds, 2 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
LaRon Landry, WAS - 9 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF

Old News
Spoiler

Members

Team | CAG Name (click to send private message) | XBL Gamertag | Time Zone | Availability
(teams in all caps are available to new members)

AFC EAST
BUFFALO BILLS | *OPEN*
MIAMI DOLPHINS | *OPEN*
New England Patriots XXX | Superstar | sgmsuperstar | ???
NEW YORK JETS | *OPEN*

AFC NORTH
BALTIMORE RAVENS | *OPEN*
CINCINATTI BENGALS | *OPEN*
Cleveland Browns | Ultimate Matt X | Ultimate Matt X | EST
PITTSBURGH STEELERS | *OPEN*

AFC SOUTH
Houston Texans XX | docb9110 | docb9110 | CST
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS | *OPEN*
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS | *OPEN*
TENNESSEE TITANS | *OPEN*

AFC WEST
Denver Broncos | KasterDB | KasterDB | EST
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS | *OPEN*
OAKLAND RAIDERS | *OPEN*
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS | *OPEN*

NFC EAST
Dallas Cowboys | DVO21 | DVO21 | ???
New York Giants X | LVPatriots | MurdaModeLV | PST | [COLOR=#b8c4a9]anytime after 5:00pm PST on weekdays and all times on the weekends[/COLOR]
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES | *OPEN*
WASHINGTON REDSKINS | *OPEN*

NFC NORTH
CHICAGO BEARS | *OPEN*
DETROIT LIONS | *OPEN*
Green Bay Packers X | pitfallharry219 | pitfallharry219 | EST
Minnesota Vikings XXX | campbellbj1 | campbellbj1 | CST

NFC SOUTH
ATLANTA FALCONS | *OPEN*
CAROLINA PANTHERS | *OPEN*
New Orleans Saints | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | CST | Weekdays - 5PM CST - 9PM CST/Weekends - anytime
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS | *OPEN*

NFC WEST
ARIZONA CARDINALS | *OPEN*
San Francisco 49ers | *OPEN*
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS | *OPEN*
St. Louis Rams X | lyric706 | Doctor Worm | EST

*X = number of games missed. XXX = no playoffs

Trade Block

New England Patriots | Superstar | sgmsuperstar | ???
Spoiler

Denver Broncos | KasterDB | KasterDB | EST
Spoiler

Dallas Cowboys | DVO21 | DVO21 | ???
Spoiler

New York Giants | LVPatriots | MurdaModeLV | PST
Spoiler

New Orleans Saints | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | CST
Spoiler

Transactions

Season 1
Spoiler

Season 2
Spoiler

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 25 June 2012 - 07:25 PM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:30 AM

I think this is a good idea, especially for those who don't play online all the time.

#3 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

When would this start? I plan on getting Madden 12 on BF.

#4 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:04 AM

When would this start? I plan on getting Madden 12 on BF.

Preferably soon (maybe like a week or so...depending on how sign ups go), as a few of the players will be coming over from the other league and they're on week 17 now. I seriously doubt we'll fill up all the teams though, so you should be able to join at any time. Since the league's primary focus is on helping each other improve, with competitiveness being a secondary focus, you shouldn't be handicapped too badly by getting a late start. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

#5 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

I am definitely interested and feel I would fall into this category. I am in EST. If we can start calling out for teams, I would like the Packers.

#6 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Count me in. Even though we aren't picking teams - I'd love the Cowboys :P

xbox live gamertag : sgmsuperstar

#7 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, I'll take a spot.

pitfalharry219

#8 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

Nice to see us with 9 interested players already. I really doubt we'll get a full 32 team league. HOWEVER, I had thought of a possible solution for this so nobody gets stuck playing the CPU all the time. Since the other league makes great use of subs anyway, a similar concept would probably work here with empty teams. Now, we can either just do a regular "who wants to sub?" for the CPU games each week OR we can assign 1-2 "extra" teams to each player as secondary teams.

I realize that giving each player 2-3 teams would create more of a commitment, but it would be a way to get around playing the CPU. The only problem I could see with this is that it would be possible for one person the make the Super Bowl with both of their teams. So, that's definitely something to think about. At the least we could just do standard subbing for any open games...or even just play the CPU. Whatever the majority wants, but I want to decide before we get things started so a standard can be set. Feel free to voice your opinion on that one.

#9 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

I am fine with carrying multiple teams each. How difficult is it to reassign teams in an online franchise? Someone could post that they want to play their league game around 'x' time and if any of us is available, we could hop on and play their opposing team so they don't have to play CPU. If I am free, I know I would do so.

#10 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

It's actually not difficult at all. And if we're talking about subbing for empty teams, it can be done all by the player filling in. All you'd have to do is leave the Franchise and then rejoin as the team you're filling in for (then when you're done, you do the same thing to rejoin as your regular team). This might be a good reason to not specifically assign teams as then anybody could fill in.

The way the other league did it was to try to have someone with a similar record sub, but since we're trying to have an entire league of similarly skilled players, that might not be as big of an issue. Obviously, we wouldn't want the same person subbing all the time, but we SHOULD have a decent amount of flexibility so that shouldn't be necessary.

I do want to make sure we keep track of it in the thread though. So, in your scenario, someone scheduled to play a CPU team would post in the thread when they'd like to play their game, then somebody would post that they can play at that time and volunteer to fill in. I doubt it will be as flawless as having 32 separate people playing (though that's rarely flawless either), but if we communicate, it should work just fine.

#11 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

I might be in if I can be my beloved Packers :-)
Posted Image

#12 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

It's actually not difficult at all. And if we're talking about subbing for empty teams, it can be done all by the player filling in. All you'd have to do is leave the Franchise and then rejoin as the team you're filling in for (then when you're done, you do the same thing to rejoin as your regular team). This might be a good reason to not specifically assign teams as then anybody could fill in.

The way the other league did it was to try to have someone with a similar record sub, but since we're trying to have an entire league of similarly skilled players, that might not be as big of an issue. Obviously, we wouldn't want the same person subbing all the time, but we SHOULD have a decent amount of flexibility so that shouldn't be necessary.

I do want to make sure we keep track of it in the thread though. So, in your scenario, someone scheduled to play a CPU team would post in the thread when they'd like to play their game, then somebody would post that they can play at that time and volunteer to fill in. I doubt it will be as flawless as having 32 separate people playing (though that's rarely flawless either), but if we communicate, it should work just fine.

I would be willling to take 2 teams permanently. Preferably one in the AFC and then one in the NFC so it makes it a bit more fair in my opinion.

#13 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

I would be willling to take 2 teams permanently. Preferably one in the AFC and then one in the NFC so it makes it a bit more fair in my opinion.

If we take 2 teams I think this is how it should be anyway.

#14 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

I would definitely be interested into joining the league..Been awhile since I played a Madden game consistently..

Wont be buying the game until Black Friday though

#15 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

I'm interested. I don't have the game yet, but I'm planning on picking it up on Black Friday.

#16 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

Wow, really picking up in here now. That's nice to see. I'm all for everybody being able to have their favorite team, but it just felt hypocritical to create a league based on fairness and equality and then let people just have "dibs" on the best teams. A team lottery seems the most fair thing to everyone.

As for everyone having two permanent teams, I like this idea in theory. It just gets a little sketchy if one player emerges as the most "advanced", and then both his AFC and NFC team are dominating, and he winds up having to face himself in the Super Bowl. I worry that that would kill the fun a little bit. But if it's what the majority wants, we can definitely do two permanent teams. Just want to point out potential problems ahead of time.

#17 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:22 AM

I would think that we could pick AFC or NFC first in a team lottery, then do the other in reverse order. I think this would be the most fair if we are going to have 2 teams.

#18 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:45 AM

Speaking of dibs, if we're calling them, I'd like the Broncos and/or not SD, KC, and OAK. But yeah, this sounds fun.

I'm in EST.

#19 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:48 AM

Put me on that waiting list

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#20 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

Forgot to Add..I'm CST

#21 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

This sounds like fun. I *used* to be good at Madden (circa Madden 98), but I'm at best 'average' nowadays (can beat people who dont play regularly, get killed by the online vets). I'm not sure I understand the 'team lottery' though. I mean would it be truly random like you'd have two hats: 1st w/ gamertags, 2nd w/ teams. You'd pull out a GT (hostyl1) and then pull out a team (Ravens) and that's how they'd be assigned? Or were you thinking like a draft where you pull only GTs (hostyl1) and then I'm allowed to pick my own team (Bears)?

Spoiler

Either way, I'm down (already have game in hand). GT: hostyl1, Eastern Time Zone.
Posted Image

#22 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

This sounds like fun. I *used* to be good at Madden (circa Madden 98), but I'm at best 'average' nowadays (can beat people who dont play regularly, get killed by the online vets). I'm not sure I understand the 'team lottery' though. I mean would it be truly random like you'd have two hats: 1st w/ gamertags, 2nd w/ teams. You'd pull out a GT (hostyl1) and then pull out a team (Ravens) and that's how they'd be assigned? Or were you thinking like a draft where you pull only GTs (hostyl1) and then I'm allowed to pick my own team (Bears)?

Spoiler

Either way, I'm down (already have game in hand). GT: hostyl1, Eastern Time Zone.

That's a good question. Yeah, it will be more like a draft lottery. The league members will be randomly selected and then teams will be chosen based on that order. I just didn't want all of the good teams to be taken before most people even knew about this league.

#23 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

All right, we've got 14 interested players so far. That means two more and we'd be able to fill the entire league with everybody taking two teams each. That's pretty awesome. Black Friday is a little over a week away, so as long as everybody who plans on getting the game is pretty certain they'll get it, I wouldn't have a problem including them in the team selection lottery (assuming we get two more people to sign up in the next day or so).

It seems like more people are interested in the two team format than are concerned about one person reaching the Super Bowl with both of his teams, so we can at least try that out for one season and see how it works.

What do people think of the suggestion for going in the reverse order for the 2nd round? (ie. 1st round: 1 to 16. 2nd round: 16 to 1). I guess that way, whoever gets the Packers is also most likely getting the Colts, lol.

#24 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

How would the draft lottery be done?

#25 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

How would the draft lottery be done?

I've got a draft lottery program on my computer that will do all the work. It's got some nice presentation and everything. Kinda makes it feel like a real lottery. Each member has a ball with their name on it, it randomly selects one and then scrolls the order. Highly sophisticated stuff here. :)

#26 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

My friend just signed up but he can't post yet (2 day wait), he is docb9110 (username here) and he would like in. Also, would we have a rule that you can't trade between your 2 teams? That way people couldn't just stack one team.

#27 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

My friend just signed up but he can't post yet (2 day wait), he is docb9110 (username here) and he would like in. Also, would we have a rule that you can't trade between your 2 teams? That way people couldn't just stack one team.

Great! All trade proposals must be posted in this thread before being approved. So, that will prevent people from just murdering their roster and making lopsided deals. There will also probably be some kind of limit on number of trades and skill level of the players involved. The Official Madden league had some trade limits, but they were very lenient and weren't really mentioned until most of the trades had been completed.

Many teams ended up looking nothing like how they started. Some of the players that were traded included Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Julius Peppers, Asante Samuel, etc...often going to the top teams in the league as well. It just all became a bit much. Peterson and Samuel went to the Patriots...in the same season, a fact that makes me think their trade system was too lenient. This was the system they had in place.

Trade Cap: 6 trades per season, 4 core players traded away max
90+ Player = 2 core players
80-89 Player = 1 core player
1st round pick = 1 core player

But I would propose these small changes:

Trade Cap: 4 trades per season, 2 core players traded away max

This way, you could still move guys and even unload a guy like Drew Brees, but you would basically be done trading for the year (you could still make 3 low level trades). The idea here is that if you really want to make a huge move, it's going to limit the moves you can make the rest of the season. Alternatively, rather than trading the best player on your team, you could trade two guys in the 80s. Hopefully this adds a little more strategy to it, and it doesn't become the crazy arms race that the other league started having.

Everybody feel free to post feedback on this. We're definitely going to have a solid rule structure, and try to keep things fair and fun for everybody. I just haven't hashed them all out yet, but I'll get a basic list posted soon. At least we don't have to worry about the FG block/QB Sneak turbo glitch anymore, haha.

#28 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Sounds good to me!

#29 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

Great! All trade proposals must be posted in this thread before being approved. So, that will prevent people from just murdering their roster and making lopsided deals. There will also probably be some kind of limit on number of trades and skill level of the players involved. The Official Madden league had some trade limits, but they were very lenient and weren't really mentioned until most of the trades had been completed.

Many teams ended up looking nothing like how they started. Some of the players that were traded included Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Julius Peppers, Asante Samuel, etc...often going to the top teams in the league as well. It just all became a bit much. Peterson and Samuel went to the Patriots...in the same season, a fact that makes me think their trade system was too lenient. This was the system they had in place.

Trade Cap: 6 trades per season, 4 core players traded away max

But I would propose these small changes:

Trade Cap: 4 trades per season, 2 core players traded away max

This way, you could still move guys and even unload a guy like Drew Brees, but you would basically be done trading for the year (you could still make 3 low level trades). The idea here is that if you really want to make a huge move, it's going to limit the moves you can make the rest of the season. Alternatively, rather than trading the best player on your team, you could trade two guys in the 80s. Hopefully this adds a little more strategy to it, and it doesn't become the crazy arms race that the other league started having.

Everybody feel free to post feedback on this. We're definitely going to have a solid rule structure, and try to keep things fair and fun for everybody. I just haven't hashed them all out yet, but I'll get a basic list posted soon. At least we don't have to worry about the FG block/QB Sneak turbo glitch anymore, haha.

Yeah you aren't kidding! Good luck in this league though. I hope it works out.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#30 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:59 AM

Yeah you aren't kidding! Good luck in this league though. I hope it works out.

Thanks, Doom! Nice of you to keep up with us here.