Photo
- - - - -

CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

• Please log in to reply
4457 replies to this topic

#3871 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Any up to play me as a sub around 6? If not I'm probably going to play the CPU then.

I've got a game against pitfallharry for the other league at that time, but I could sub either before (ie. now) or after. Would you be able to sub for me after that? I still need to play my Saints vs Falcons game for this league.

Also, does anybody know if doc is still playing? His Texans are scheduled to play my secondary team (Dolphins) this week, and I haven't heard anything from him.

#3872 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Remaining Games

Texans vs Dolphins (eh...what's up doc?)
Bills vs Redskins (billy asked for a sub, but then said he doesn't care if it gets simmed...not sure why he wouldn't just play the CPU)
Jaguars vs Panthers (tanabeo giving up on the #1 team in the league?)
Broncos vs Raiders (hope kaster can just play the CPU)
Browns vs Chargers (looking for sub, at worst, play CPU)
Saints vs Falcons (looking for sub, at worst, play CPU)
Vikings vs Buccaneers (no word from campbell, hope he plays the CPU)

Wow...more games than I was expecting. Starting to have my doubts about a 3rd season when even some teams that are in the playoff hunt are slacking their games. Deadline is tonight, guys.
Do you have what it takes to compete?

#3873 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Man Nate in sorry I've been slacking! I'm gonna play the game right now!

Kicking off now and right after I'll on the next owner of the next team I play.

#3874 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

n8rockerasu, I can do the two games in a row if you want. But I'd have to start about as soon as you're done with pitfall. Which I'm not sure if you want to do 3 games in a row. Though I guess I could possibly do the other one later if necessary.

#3875 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

I could be available to sub later tonight if anyone needs. Probably not until 10:30 pm EST or so ...
Posted Image

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#3876 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Jaguars vs Panthers (tanabeo giving up on the #1 team in the league?)

Nope asked for a sub on 4-12 at 11:53 pm

Im going to need a sub for the jags

#3877 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

How is he running up the score?

says the guy who went for it on 4th down 3 times 2 times he was on his own 20 and it was early in the game. u play like an ass hole dont expect me to pity u.

#3878 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

says the guy who went for it on 4th down 3 times 2 times he was on his own 20 and it was early in the game. u play like an ass hole dont expect me to pity u.

lol...well, you could have at least let him answer the question. ;)

#3879 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Do you care if I just play the CPU? the jags are a 4-8 team

#3880 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Do you care if I just play the CPU? the jags are a 4-8 team

No, on day 4, playing the CPU is just fine. Did you not see the "scheduling guide" I posted yesterday? You said yourself, you at least asked for a sub. Not much else you can do.

#3881 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

cowboys 48 jets 21

romo had 6 TD passes on 5 targets that all got atleast 1 TD a piece

cowboys D was insane 1 FF 6 INTs 7 sacks 1 TD

scoring summary speaks for its self score wasnt ran up the passing TD for 81 yards on 3rd and long in the 4th quarter well i would chalk that one up for a lucky TD so i dont think that cheap at all. but i will let N8 call that one if he wants

#3882 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

You can tell we're brothers. I play the same way :D

#3883 archie971

archie971

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

If I am winning by two to three TD I am running the ball and running out the clock not scoring 6 passing TD?

#3884 dptang0

dptang0

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

i went for it when i was down by 21 and 28 points, 1 time i was on my 20, the other 2 i was on the 50 and then your side of the field. get your facts straight. you were going for tds late in the first half during a shutout and straight up passing all game. not to mention you were running the same two routes all game with the same 2 players. you never attempted to run down the clock you just kept bombing it. in my book that is running up the score and i never played inappropriately i stayed in the game without quitting. its very mature though of you to throw in curse words in your little comeback and show off about your inferior stats. grow up loser...

#3885 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

like i said n8 will read wut u just said and tel u wut u did was wrong. and its hard to call it running up the score when its the first half. and as for the same routes over and over and over well when i use hot routes and i see its going to be open by the way ur d is setup dont get mad at me if u keep it open all game long bro

#3886 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

These arguments are pointless if people aren't going to be truthful. There is a BIG difference between going for a 4th and long at your own 20 EARLY in the game, and going for it late in the game down by three scores. It's probably foolish in either situation, but at least in the latter, it's basically a last ditch effort at making a comeback.

That said, in the 4th quarter, up by 21, passing on 3rd and long is also foolish. At that point in the game, you should just be chewing clock and not wanting to risk a turnover. If it's early in the 4th, MAYBE you try to pick up the 1st down to continue killing clock, but I don't know that I'd be too worried about punting with that big of a lead either. I think I'd be more concerned with the turnover on 3rd and long.

Again, back to the other side of the pointless argument, if somebody wants to run the same two plays over and over, it's on you to stop them. We've had this discussion many times in here. If it's working, why would they stop? Is it cheesy? Maybe. But so what. Stop allowing it to work and you won't have to worry about it. And seriously, I'm also not going to tell somebody to stop scoring in the 1st half. I wouldn't even tell somebody to stop passing the ball that early. A lot can happen with an entire half left to play and we've seen some pretty big comebacks before.

And back to the other side. DVO, he's accusing you of not running down the clock in the 4th quarter with a big lead. I trust that you know better than this because that is CLEARLY not acceptable. We're not playing for stats here. You know that.

Ultimately, somebody is lying here. It's hard to really know what happened when the two stories are so far apart. It's just "he said/he said". dptang0 does need to be realistic about what "cheating" actually means. If you're not calling the right plays to stop your opponent, you can't blame him for getting results. But DVO should know the rules as well. I sincerely hope that what dptang0 is saying is not true.

#3887 dptang0

dptang0

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

i never announced the word "cheating" because he clearly did not cheat. If you look at the stats though i can say one thing is for sure. he had less than 10 runs all game and if i didn't score toward the end of the game he had the potential to beat me by over 30 points. i did not care about him scoring in the first half either because i would have done the same, but making last shots at the endzone with seconds left in the half is what concerned me when i was down 20. i am sorry it got out of hand, but i am not a liar and i'm just trying to have some fun, he can run whatever plays he wants if my d slips it does not mean he is cheating. i won't complain anymore i know it is a poor season for the jets and my gameplay.

#3888 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

im done im moving on from it. its going no where but tang0 just for the future if he ur going to claim something like less than 10 rushes during the game atleast check the stats i had 15 rushes exactly in that game and lets not forget i also had a chance to score at the end of the game but i didnt i ran out the last 1:45 of the game out and stayed away from the endzone as well. i understand ur frustrations in a big loss it can make u angry trust me ive been there. but going for it on 4th down that close to ur own endzone is way to big of a risk

#3889 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

Well, the Saints beat the CPU Falcons, but at a devastating cost. Broken Collarbone...Darren Sproles. I've now lost both of my star running backs to the same fucking lame ass injury. Just taking an early poll, if EA doesn't get injuries right in Madden 13, who all is in favor of turning them off for franchise? It's like they don't even have the mental capacity to process that when "realism" goes too far, it's no longer realistic.

On the bright side, Kaster is finishing up his game and will be advancing us shortly.

#3890 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

Nate, I have good news and bad news, but the good news used to be bad news.

Okay, my Internet just died (yay iPhone!) in the middle of my game. The good news is that I promoted you before the game for some reason and promptly forgot I did so. So you can advance us when you get a chance, sorry about that.

#3891 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

Nate, I have good news and bad news, but the good news used to be bad news.

Okay, my Internet just died (yay iPhone!) in the middle of my game. The good news is that I promoted you before the game for some reason and promptly forgot I did so. So you can advance us when you get a chance, sorry about that.

Yeah, I'll have to do it in the morning then. Headed to bed now.

#3892 campbellbj1

campbellbj1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hey guys I didn't get a chance to get my game in. My time didn't match up with my opponent I asked for a sub on thursday. I have been out of touch all weekend. I guess I will have to get a strike. Sorry for the trouble.

#3893 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hey guys I didn't get a chance to get my game in. My time didn't match up with my opponent I asked for a sub on thursday. I have been out of touch all weekend. I guess I will have to get a strike. Sorry for the trouble.

Yeah, you could have just played the CPU yesterday (which is what several people ended up doing). Considering you got a free win for it, which tied you for 1st place in the division, unfortunately, that definitely needs to be a strike.

Posting this again until people start getting used to it. This is basically how scheduling games should be handled from here on out.

Day 1 (or even day before): Contact opponent
Day 2: Contact opponent again
Day 3 (with no communication): Ask for a sub
Day 4 (with no communication or offers to sub): Play CPU

If you play an open team, obviously, feel free to ask for a sub from day 1. If you play a team that someone is logged in as, and you haven't heard from them/haven't set up a time by day 4, let me know so I can boot them so you can play the CPU.

#3894 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Ok, we have advanced to Week 15! Playoff races are really heating up now! Games are due by 4/19!

Week 14 Summary

Power Rankings
1. New England Patriots
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Carolina Panthers
4. New Orleans Saints
5. Kansas City Chiefs

Offensive Player of the Week
Mike Tolbert, SD - 18 carries, 260 yds, 4 TDs

Defensive Player of the Week
Chris Hope, TEN - 6 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF

#3895 campbellbj1

campbellbj1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yeah again I appologize life got in the way this weekend. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Seems like tensions are running high around here. I think we should all take a step back and breathe then picture monkey knife fights to the death. It always cheers me up anyway. Just a suggestion.

#3896 campbellbj1

campbellbj1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I play the cardinals this week anyone interested in subbing?

#3897 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Sweet! Moved up to #1 in the power rankings. :)

#3898 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Can anyone sub for the jags?

Edit: is ANYONE around now? Trying to get this done as soon as I can.

Edited by Superstar, 17 April 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#3899 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Pitfall: You still playing as the Steelers these days?
Posted Image

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#3900 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

I need a sub for the Lions, but I can't play until tomorrow evening. Any takers?
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz