Photo
- - - - -

CAG League Sports: Madden 12 "JV League" - We Finished 3 Seasons! Thanks Everybody!!!

• Please log in to reply
4457 replies to this topic

#1021 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Looks like I don't have to play at all this week

#1022 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

St. Louis makes its case for the No. 1 Power Rankings spot by defeating Arizona 36-14 in an NFC West matchup.

The Rams defense came up big against Kevin Kolb, Larry Fitzgerald and Co. CB Ron Bartell returns a goal line interception 100 yards for a touchdown, and LE Chris Long notched a safety by sacking Kolb in the end zone.

Steven Jackson had 151 yards on the ground and 3 TDs. He also caught 6 balls for 37 yards.

For the Cards, Fitzgerald proved he is one of the league's best, snagging three balls for a staggering 124 yards and a TD. Andre Roberts also had three catches and a TD. Kolb earned a 102.4 passer rating, going 11-for-19 and 275 yards.

That INT in the end zone was the big difference in this game, because it allowed St. Louis to play its style of football.

GG Aftershock. I believe it will be another good matchup when we meet again!

691916.png

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

#1023 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'll SUB as much as my wife and 3 month old allow just PM me and I'll do my best. I may have 2 who want to join but I have to talk them into joining CAG. Is there a list with just the available teams?

#1024 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

I can try to serve as a sub as well, although I'm in the same boat with a lot of you: wife, kids, work dictate my availability.

691916.png

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

#1025 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

ya i can try to start subbing more as well but now that ive been back from deployment for a couple months work started picking up alot longer days more training more ranges and shit then coming home to the wife who likes to watch her shows lol. but i can do my best always feel free to send me a pm if u need a sub and i will do my best

#1026 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm usually free to sub, but my availability is dictated by school and a retail job, haha. When break ends I tend to be just free in the evenings.

#1027 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Steelers - 17
Ravens - 14

Turnovers kept this game from being anything but normal..Pittsburgh with INTs and the Ravens with fumbles. In the end, the Steelers recovered the Ravens 3rd fumble of the game and was able to keep the clock moving in the 4th to kick a winning FG as time expired.

Good game Matt. I am glad we didn't use headsets as my cursing with my players with each fumble lost kept getting worse as the game progressed. ;)

MattNY.png

#1028 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

I totally agree with you. I said some pretty obscene things when I threw those picks, especially the pick six. In a game full of turnovers, I was lucky to be able to get the ball at the end. Could have easily gone either way.

#1029 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

I totally agree with you. I said some pretty obscene things when I threw those picks, especially the pick six. In a game full of turnovers, I was lucky to be able to get the ball at the end. Could have easily gone either way.

It could have, though I feel I was a bit luckier to be in that position. Your third down conversion rate was phenomenal. I could not stop you passing at will on me in any of those situations. My only saving grace was being able to contain Mendenhall, so I could concentrate on having more defenders in pass coverage and probably led to getting a few of those lucky picks.

In comparison, I felt I did not convert well at all on third downs. I recall two times in the second half where my TE dropped a pass as being hit and a 3rd and 3, I was stuffed when trying to run with Rice. You did quite well in stepping up on those plays, where I could not do the same.

MattNY.png

#1030 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

Are there any open teams in this league?

#1031 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'd love the Vikings or the Chiefs? Who's the commish in this league? This is the first I have ever heard of it.

#1032 Docb9110

Docb9110

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'll SUB as much as my wife and 3 month old allow just PM me and I'll do my best. I may have 2 who want to join but I have to talk them into joining CAG. Is there a list with just the available teams?

#1033 LVPatriots

LVPatriots

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm pretty active on the "Pro" league, I geuss we would call it, but my record sucks. Put me down for the Vik's if they are still available.

Let me know

Also I love subbing so if you guys are having issues getting games in, I can help out.

#1034 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

I PM'ed silversnake a day or two ago, but never heard back from him. I just sent him a message over XBL, so hopefully we can work out a time.

#1035 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

It's any of the secondary teams or open teams on the front page.

#1036 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

Been trying to get in touch with aft3rsh0ck about the Jets vs Bills game. He posted in here asking me to PM him, so I have the last two nights, but haven't gotten a response. I saw that he messaged me on Xbox Live asking when I can play, but that question was basically answered in the PMs I sent him. With the baby, I don't really have a "time I can play". I usually have 2 hour chunks of time throughout the day when she's sleeping. Depending on the ease of feeding/changing/getting her to sleep, those times can range.

It's usually easier for me if I know my opponent's availability and then have a time to try to work around (or at least let my wife know in advance when I have a game to play). So, aft3rsh0ck, whenever you see this, I'll probably be in the same situaton tonight. If you're around, let me know.

#1037 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

I'm pretty active on the "Pro" league, I geuss we would call it, but my record sucks. Put me down for the Vik's if they are still available.

Let me know

Also I love subbing so if you guys are having issues getting games in, I can help out.

Didn't you have the Cardinals in that league? I thought you did pretty well as them in the first season. Are you sure you're not too good for this league? Not trying to discourage you. I just thought I remember you beating some pretty decent players.

#1038 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

LV isnt to good for this league i can promise that he has been struggling in the other league just as i have the competion in that league has really got very big and alot of new players that are really good have joined and its hard for some of us over there.

also in that league there are opening if anyone is interested in joining over there and playing more games and trying to step it up a little more skill level wise. i play over there myself for more games and more expirence and alot of thoughs guys if u do a mic game with them they will tell u little things to help u improve if anyone is interested

#1039 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

Broncos - 56
Raiders - 28

This one was tight up until madden decided DVO was not going to win. Up 28-20 after 3, his team couldn't get moving and I soon led 49-28. DVO then tried to close the gap a bit, but an interception by defensive end Jason Hunter in the endzone put the finishing touch on a game that ended up looking more lopsided than it was.

Broncos stats:
QB K. Orton: 7-12, 186 yds, 3 TDs
HB K. Moreno: 19 touches, 149 total yds, 3 TDs
Defense: 5 turnovers, 4 INTs

Raiders stats:
QB J. Campbell: 7-17, 226 yds
HB D. McFadden: 23 att, 213 yds, 2 TDs
TE D. Boss: 5 rec, 177 yds

#1040 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

Broncos - 56
Raiders - 28

This one was tight up until madden decided DVO was not going to win. Up 28-20 after 3, his team couldn't get moving and I soon led 49-28. DVO then tried to close the gap a bit, but an interception by defensive end Jason Hunter in the endzone put the finishing touch on a game that ended up looking more lopsided than it was.

Broncos stats:
QB K. Orton: 7-12, 186 yds, 3 TDs
HB K. Moreno: 19 touches, 149 total yds, 3 TDs
Defense: 5 turnovers, 4 INTs

Raiders stats:
QB J. Campbell: 7-17, 226 yds
HB D. McFadden: 23 att, 213 yds, 2 TDs
TE D. Boss: 5 rec, 177 yds

GG bro and ur right madden total F'ed me in the A hard didnt even lube it up or nothing not even a courtesy of a little spit either lol but i think the game was urs either way INTs killed me esp that screen pass in the back of the endzone u got for an INT and instant TD great play there bro never seen that b4. was really fun playing u enjoyed it alot.

#1041 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

the opening in the offical league has been taken over by someone now but theres another possible opening for the panthers if anyone is interest send me a PM if ur interested at all

#1042 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

but an interception by defensive end Jason Hunter in the endzone put the finishing touch on a game that ended up looking more lopsided than it was.

Woooo! Jason Hunter! I went to school with him, haha. Really nice to see him having a solid NFL career after going undrafted out of college. I was pumped when I saw that he was a gold card in MUT this year, haha.

#1043 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

Didn't you have the Cardinals in that league? I thought you did pretty well as them in the first season. Are you sure you're not too good for this league? Not trying to discourage you. I just thought I remember you beating some pretty decent players.

I am all for giving him a shot. Looks like he is 5-8 in that league currently, which means he is probably a pretty solid player overall, but hopefully not too far above our level. Maybe we give him a shitty open team. :D

MattNY.png

#1044 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

I am all for giving him a shot. Looks like he is 5-8 in that league currently, which means he is probably a pretty solid player overall, but hopefully not too far above our level. Maybe we give him a shitty open team. :D

All right, I'm open to letting him play. Just hope we don't start ratcheting up the talent level too quickly. What I would ask though is for LV to read the OP of the thread (which I don't really get a strong impression that he did). Not trying to be a dick, but coming in asking "are any teams open?" when the thread title says "Teams Open!" and the OP explicitly lists the available teams, doesn't really fill me with confidence. Just give me some reassurance on that front and I'm cool with it.

#1045 KasterDB

KasterDB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

Woooo! Jason Hunter! I went to school with him, haha. Really nice to see him having a solid NFL career after going undrafted out of college. I was pumped when I saw that he was a gold card in MUT this year, haha.

No kidding! That's really cool.

#1046 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:26 AM

If someone needs a sub, I have no games this week.

#1047 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

I think it would be best if he took an AFC team, considering that's where the most open/secondary teams are.

#1048 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

nfc east would be nice im all by myself :( with one open team and 2 secondary owners

#1049 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

Jets - 14
Bills - 7

Ugh...the Jets absolutely stole one in Buffalo. The Bills led pretty much every statistical category except the one that matters: the score. The difference maker ended up being an INT Fitzpatrick threw in his own end of the field, which led to a Jets TD 3 plays later. Buffalo also missed a 54 yard field goal at the end of the 1st half thanks to some hellacious wind blowing directly against me. The Bills had a chance to tie the game, getting the ball back with 1:52 on the clock and 2 timeouts. They marched down the field, and a 19 yard pass to David Martin saw him get dropped at the 1 yard line as time expired.

Bills
Ryan Fitzpatrick - 12-17, 187 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT
Fred Jackson - 19 att, 70 yds, 1 TD, 1 rec, 14 yds
Donald Jones - 5 rec, 81 yds
David Martin - 3 rec, 44 yds
David Nelson - 2 rec, 31 yds
Stevie Johnson - 1 rec, 17 yds

Jets
Mark Sanchez - 5-10, 65 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT
Mark Ingram - 10 att, 65 yds, 2 TDs, 2 rec, 16 yds
Dustin Keller - 2 rec, 43 yds

Not a good week for me. 2 games, 2 comebacks that just fall short. No disrespect to aft3rsh0ck, but I feel like this is a game I should have won, and I just screwed myself. Fucking Madden. Maybe I should drop from the league... :-s

#1050 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

Wow, looks like there's only 2 games left...both involving silversnake5. He PM'd me saying he still wants to play, so I don't want to sub for his Giants just yet. However, I think a sub for his secondary team (Chargers) would be ok, so pitfallharry can get that game over with. Anyone available to play pitfallharry...hopefully tonight? :)
Do you have what it takes to compete?